PDA

View Full Version : My Eastbourne report

roastie
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I was at Eastbourne today. Marion first of all looked amazing - slim and very fit. She wore a dark purple waistcoty sort of top and a lilac skirt and looked totally different than she has looked recently. The TV must put on a least 20lbs because she certainly is not the size that the TV portrays her to be.

Secondly, she played a great game today and her shots were just flying off the grass and were very, very accurate. I said to my friend that I think playing like that she can win this tournament - she was definitely the best out there today together with Wozniaki who also played sublime tennis.

I'm no fan of Marion's but really she looked great - having a tight fitting dark top suits her much more than those loose tops which only make her look fatter than she truly is. She also had her wrist strapped. She did an autograph session later and wore black trousers and looked even slimmer than she did on the tennis court.

BTW, Sveta played the worst game of tennis I've ever seen her play. She looked lethargic and certainly didn't want to be out there. Don't know what was wrong with her, but after 3 games, she had the trainer out and she gave her some tablets to take - don't know what that was about, there was no sign of injury, perhaps she just didn't feel well - she was certainly walking around and playing like she was unwell.

Saw Nadia Petrova walking around and she has lost so much weight. She was with her coach and they were walking along the grass (well actually Nadia was dancing - she seems very happy at the moment). I said to Nadia that I think she looks the fittest I've seen her for years and she said "I'm finally getting there". She really is such a lovely person and so, so friendly, one of the friendliest in my experience at Eastbourne this year. Alize is just a little doll and also very friendly. I said to her that she "will be the next Justine Henin of RG" and she laughed and said "I wish"! Very sweet girl.

Shahar looked very depressed. Matthek is a great player and doesn't stop practicing

goldenlox
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Good story about seeing Nadia. I hope she starts playing like 2006 again

Iceland
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks! ;)
Good to read that about Marion!

Renalicious
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Marion :D Thanks.

powerbackhand
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:43 PM
every1 on this board says nadia is a bitch

poor shahar

Dawson.
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:14 PM
im not suprised shahar is depressed! :lol:

RR-87
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Nadia :D

Shepster
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
BTW, Sveta played the worst game of tennis I've ever seen her play.
Jesus, there's some competition there ;)

kinseh
Jun 19th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks. :yeah: