PDA

View Full Version : For all those haters : Peer; Golovin

TennisGuy21
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I am opening this thread to mark 1 year sense I recieved an onslaught of Bad Reps, for simply explaining why Shahar Peer, and Tatiana Golovin would not be top ten by the end of the year, 2007.

HA HA :drool::kiss::wavey::rolleyes:

I recieved many bad reps for saying the facts. Go ahead and post in here for the people who got these rediculous bad reps for the same things.

slydevil6142
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Golovin has had some unfortunate circumstances that contributed to her decline but you were RIGHT ON THE MONEY on Peer!

TennisGuy21
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Re: Who is better Golovin, Ivanovic or Vaidisova?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best right now--> Ana, Most Potential --> Nicole (but just not as consistant or mentally tough yet..) Taking up some room in the top 20 --> Tati, I just dont see the real weapons. She could probably make a trip to the top 10 with a good year and some good runs..

this being one of my post for the bad reps, the rep said

"Another idiot who thinks he knows something about tennis."

and really, here- I even gave golovin a shot at hitting the top 10, so I do understand it was her medical issues, but its always her medical issues, this is the 2nd year she could have been up there.

Craigy
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Surely you should understand how a player can't make the top 10 when they spend most of their year injured and not playing. Do you not remember 2006 for Serena?
But no you're just arrogant.

slydevil6142
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I remeber the thread hes speakng about and it was hyping peer to no end.. Peer is a good pusher who went on a hott streak and has now cooled down and her results show it ........ Golovin I believe would have had a chance to make the top ten but WOULD she have who knows????

TennisGuy21
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
You know, I completely understand injury, and if you read what I said about tati I even mentioned that she could make a trip to the top 10. The problem is she is always injured, and has yet to make it to the top 10, ever, or win a GS.

With Serena, in 2006 she was the only person in the WTA with all four Grand slams. Its not about whether or not shed make it there, it was when is she coming back!

Lets not hate.

Slutiana
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:37 PM
You know, I completely understand injury, and if you read what I said about tati I even mentioned that she could make a trip to the top 10. The problem is she is always injured, and has yet to make it to the top 10, ever, or win a GS.

With Serena, in 2006 she was the only person in the WTA with all four Grand slams. Its not about whether or not shed make it there, it was when is she coming back!

Lets not hate.

You're the one hating. Tati was 13th or 12th or something when she got injured at the AO and like 200 pts away from the top 100. Shes been injured for almost SIX MONTHS! You may want to blame her for her ankles or whatever (i don't) but she finally had a chance to play in the clay season in which she had 0 points to defend and she gets a cyst in her hip that's just bad luck. As Craig said, stop being so arrogant.

Slutati
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:39 PM
She almost reached top 10 at the end of the last year and she missed the whole red clay season plus the only grasscourt tournament she played was Wimbledon, so she WOULD DEFINITELY be top 10 if it wasn't for injuries:shrug:

Havok
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I think you need to get over the fact that some posters have bad-repped you. If reps are forcing you to create threads and to stick it back in those peoples' faces, then that's pretty sad if you ask me.:help:

TennisGuy21
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Craig desided to bring up a poor example, that is not my fault. How are you going to compare a champion like Serena to a player that has trouble staying healthy? This is my point, Ive always said she could make it to the top 10, and I love tatiana, but- people should cool off if the suggestion of them not making the top 10 floats around, because here we are a year later, and for whatever reason, these players are still dancing around in the same position theyve been in.

Tatiana has game, Im not saying she doesnt, Im merely pointing out that I was recieving bad reps, and these people can now soalk in the reality of what has happened. Keeping yourself healthy is apart of being a top player. Golovins Sist, is EXTREMELY BAD LUCK- and I agree, but whos to say she wouldnt be preforming like Nicole right now if she was healthy?

Facts are, that she didnt make it, and here we are, 2 years after her break through in Miami, to the semi's, and she is still, not a top 10 player.

slydevil6142
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I know ppl are getting "upset" but shes not in the top ten regardless of the reasons.... maybe her body just isnt cutout to be a top althlete which isnt her fault but its life. I wish Venus and Serena didnt get hurt as much but they do.....

Dawson.
Jun 18th, 2008, 10:42 PM
link to the thread??

young_gunner913
Jun 18th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Shahar played great last year but is playing like crap this year. Every player goes through a slump whether it's top 10 player (Anna Chakvetadze) or not (Shahar Peer).

dybbuk
Jun 18th, 2008, 10:54 PM
There's another bad rep. Hopefully you'll immortalize me in a couple years with another thread about it.

iPatty
Jun 18th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I don't see much point in this thread, you knew all the Golovin fanboys were going to gang up on you. This thread didn't achieve anything, but I doubt if you actually intended for that to happen in the first place.

TennisGuy21
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:20 PM
What is funny to me is how not a person has come on here to defend shahar peer, and in the exact quote from my rep, I mentioned Tati could, make a run to the top 10. The issue at hand was really to point out the rediculous groups of fans on here, who take conversation about a players oppertunities that seriously.

The thread was started because I was at work, and there was nothing else on here worth talking about at the time.. unless I was to go post on the, " BOMBSHELL: Maria got a new hair cut", I actually went to that thread first- and it looked the exact same. What kind of bomb shell is that.

If this thread strikes you as un needed, i can completed understand, it is a bit bitter, and vindictive, BUT- it has provided a thread for provacative arguements for these players, which is what theses forums can be used for. We have gotten to express frustration for other posters, even if that frustration is directed towards me, haha.

My point was to talk about these players, who just a year ago had fans going crazy on these messages boards, and here we are a year later.. here I am with an honest opinion on what I see happening within the nearer future of players on tour, and people were getting so offended about opinions that obviously werent too far fetched..( seeing as how they were correct )

I did however notice that 1 year ago, Peer fans were blowing up these threads like wild fire, and a year later the only one being defended is the player with the, "what if; but she had health issues" I made my predictions a year ago knowing the kind of state tatiana's health was in, I had see her out for a long part of the 2006 season before I even spoke on her 2007 season.

So here we are in 2008, more bitter fans- and hey- I may look like the worst kind of poster to them, But i mean no harm to Tatiana, or her game.. Ive always maintained the fact that she was a great player, I mearly put it out there, that making the top ten, didnt seem like something that was gonna happen..

=) Ive already gotten what I wanted from this thread, and that was the intrigueing coversation im having back and forth with these posters.

spiceboy
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:29 PM
The thread was started because I was at work, and there was nothing else on here worth talking about at the time.. unless I was to go post on the, " BOMBSHELL: Maria got a new hair cut", I actually went to that thread first- and it looked the exact same. What kind of bomb shell is that.

:haha:

OK, that was a minibombshell :angel:

TennisGuy21
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:38 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ Hahah!

homogenius
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:27 AM
There's another bad rep. Hopefully you'll immortalize me in a couple years with another thread about it.

:spit:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 19th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I am opening this thread to mark 1 year sense I recieved an onslaught of Bad Reps, for simply explaining why Shahar Peer, and Tatiana Golovin would not be top ten by the end of the year, 2007.

HA HA :drool::kiss::wavey::rolleyes:

I recieved many bad reps for saying the facts. Go ahead and post in here for the people who got these rediculous bad reps for the same things.

If Serena Williams is out for six months with injuries (which of course no one would want to happen I should add) she would be out of the top 10 too. What does this prove?

Gloating that you were right about a player not being in the top 10 when they have been injured for six months is beyond stupid.

Golovinjured.
Jun 19th, 2008, 09:20 AM

:spit: :haha: