PDA

View Full Version : Mauresmo uncertain for Wimbledon!

hablo
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Scan revealed a three centimeter tear in her left thigh.

Likely no Wimbledon tournie for Amélie.

Mauresmo incertaine
Tennis - Wimbledon

Amélie Mauresmo, blessée à la cuisse gauche mercredi à Eastbourne, est incertaine pour Wimbledon, a déclaré son attachée de presse Alexia Dechaume.

La Française a abandonné au bout de quinze minutes de jeu contre l'Australienne Samantha Stosur après avoir ressenti une vive douleur. Des examens ont révélé une déchirure de trois centimètres. Mauresmo s'est donnée 48 heures pour voir si la douleur diminuait, mais la tendance n'était pas à l'optimisme, a déclaré Dechaume. Le tournoi de Wimbledon commence lundi.

Mauresmo uncertain
Tennis - Wimbledon

Amélie Mauresmo, injured the left thigh Wednesday at Eastbourne, is uncertain for Wimbledon, said his press attaché Alexia Dechaume.

The French gave up after fifteen minutes of play against Australian Samantha Stosur after having felt great pain. Examinations revealed a tear of three centimetres. Mauresmo was given 48 hours to see if the pain decreased, but the trend was not optimistic, "said Dechaume. The Wimbledon tournament begins Monday.

timafi
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:14 PM
yeah well Hab that won't stop some idiots from bashing her:mad: :sad: :rolleyes:

Uranium
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:14 PM
can we get that in english?

hablo
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:15 PM
So how far down will she go in the rankings ? :o

gmak
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:15 PM
no :sad: :( :scared:

hablo
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:18 PM
can we get that in english?

The scan revealed a three centimeter tear. Doesn't look there will be any Wimbledon for Amélie this year. :shrug:

Hugo24
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Mauresmo uncertain
Tennis - Wimbledon

Amélie Mauresmo, injured the left thigh Wednesday at Eastbourne, is uncertain for Wimbledon, said his press attaché Alexia Dechaume.

The French gave up after fifteen minutes of play against Australian Samantha Stosur after having felt great pain. Examinations revealed a tear of three centimetres. Mauresmo was given 48 hours to see if the pain decreased, but the trend was not optimistic, "said Dechaume. The Wimbledon tournament begins Monday.

Expat
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Amélie Mauresmo, injured the left thigh Wednesday at Eastbourne,and is uncertain for Wimbledon, according to her publicist Alexia Dechaume.

The Frenchwoman gave up after fifteen minutes of play against Australian Samantha Stosur after feeling intense pain. Medical examination revealed a tear of three centimetres. Mauresmo will be checked again after 48 hours to see if the pain decreased, but the signs are not optimistic, "said Dechaume. The Wimbledon tournament begins Monday.
google translate plus rudimentary french knowledge to the rescue

LDF
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Wow, that's so unfortunate for Amelie :sad: :hug:

Marshmallow
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Mauresmo incertaine
Tennis - Wimbledon

Amélie Mauresmo, blessée à la cuisse gauche mercredi à Eastbourne, est incertaine pour Wimbledon, a déclaré son attachée de presse Alexia Dechaume.

La Française a abandonné au bout de quinze minutes de jeu contre l'Australienne Samantha Stosur après avoir ressenti une vive douleur. Des examens ont révélé une déchirure de trois centimètres. Mauresmo s'est donnée 48 heures pour voir si la douleur diminuait, mais la tendance n'était pas à l'optimisme, a déclaré Dechaume. Le tournoi de Wimbledon commence lundi.

I got an A in French, so here's my interpretation :D

Mauresmo uncertainty!

Blessed Amelie Mauresmo at the left kitchen at Eastbourne (guess that's where the interview was conducted), is uncertain for wimbledon, and declared her attachment (engagement I suppose) to Journalist Alexia Dechaume.

The Frenchie abandoned her beau 15 minutes after they hit the court, Sam Stosur the Australian, after their resentment in their one life together? An examination also revealed a 3cm dechirure(?). Mauresmo will give 48 hours to see if the problem is serious, but but wasnot looking optimistic, she declared to Dechaume. Wimbledon starts monday.

-
The article was sloppily written, talking about numerous things. Firstly Amelie is engaged, just having left Sam Stosur, poor sam. She also has some kind of 3 cm injury that might be serious, might keep her out of wimbledon.

We'll find out for sure in 2 days.

hankqq
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:34 PM
oh Mauresmo :sad::hug::hysteric::crying2::sobbing:

I hope she doesn't get even more depressed this year. Please don't retire!!

hablo
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I got an A in French, so here's my interpretation :D

Mauresmo uncertainty!

Blessed Amelie Mauresmo at the left kitchen at Eastbourne (guess that's where the interview was conducted), is uncertain for wimbledon, and declared her attachment (engagement I suppose) to Journalist Alexia Dechaume.

The Frenchie abandoned her beau 15 minutes after they hit the court, Sam Stosur the Australian, after their resentment in their one life together? An examination also revealed a 3cm dechirure(?). Mauresmo will give 48 hours to see if the problem is serious, but but wasnot looking optimistic, she declared to Dechaume. Wimbledon starts monday.

-
The article was sloppily written, talking about numerous things. Firstly Amelie is engaged, just having left Sam Stosur, poor sam. She also has some kind of 3 cm injury that might be serious, might keep her out of wimbledon.

We'll find out for sure in 2 days.

I know it's good to be positive but I can't see how you recover from a three centimeter tear in 2 days. :hug:

Destiny
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM
:sobbing:

дalex
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:44 PM
How can there even be a possibility for her to play with 3cm tear? That sounds very serious...Amelie :hug: :bigcry:

Cersei
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:47 PM
crap :sad:

Hugo24
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:56 PM
:sad: Amelie was really looking forward to playing on grass ,

young_gunner913
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Amelie... :o

Lapin
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Can her luck get much worse? :sad: Poor Amélie....

serenus_2k8
Jun 18th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Omg :( Sucks

esquímaux
Jun 18th, 2008, 07:06 PM

mr_burns
that is really sad. On her best surface she isn't able tro play

how can confidence ever live up again....

get well soon

cn ireland
Oh no that sounds serious :sad:. I don't want Amelie to miss Wimbledon!

sweetpeas
Jun 18th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Can her luck get much worse? Poor Amél

So true....Take care Amore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtatourfan
Jun 18th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I think she will retire soon.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 18th, 2008, 07:47 PM
she could risk it but that would be plain silly

The Daviator
Jun 18th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Oh Momo :sad:

.Andrew.
Jun 18th, 2008, 08:26 PM
How disappointing and unfortunate to say the least. :sad:

Amelie. :hug: :sobbing:

*Jean*
Jun 18th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Amélie :o :sad: That's unfair :sad:

Dodoboy.
Jun 18th, 2008, 08:32 PM
In other news Radek looks doubtful too :sad:

The Dawntreader
Jun 18th, 2008, 08:38 PM
So sad for Amelie, i bet she was seeking Wimby out as a place of inspiration for better form. Hope the injury can subside, but it seems unlikely:sad:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 18th, 2008, 08:38 PM
MoMo:hug:

spriwi
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:19 PM
:(

Slumpsova
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Habby :hug:

Il Primo!
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I seriously feel kind of sorry for her, for a change.
I thought she could reach a quarter or a little something in London. But now, it's unlikely.
She just should call it quit. She's not getting any younger and gets more and more fragile by the second.

moon
Jun 18th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I seriously feel kind of sorry for her, for a change.
I thought she could reach a quarter or a little something in London. But now, it's unlikely.
She just should call it quit. She's not getting any younger and gets more and more fragile by the second.
i'm actually hoping she won't. with Henin quitting, there aren't too many left of the old timers. I hope she hangs in there and keeps plugging along (after she heals). Sucks she won't be there this year though.

Emina.
Jun 18th, 2008, 10:14 PM
that's sad :sad::sad:

Marshmallow
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:06 PM
I know it's good to be positive but I can't see how you recover from a three centimeter tear in 2 days. :hug:

I know Habsy, this actually makes me sad. I was looking forward to seeing Amelie at Wimbledon, her game is just fabulous for grass. A good draw and she could have gotten her groove back.

I'm holding onto a bit of faith thatsomething can be done in time. Will just have to take it one tourney at a time aftr that, I'm still hopeful overall.

But right now :sobbing:

Dawson.
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:48 PM
omg this is it. this is what will end her career! :sad: its such a shame because she actually had a chance to build on her good win over cornet.

Vlad Tepes
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Poor Amelie :sad:

Sassy-Na
Jun 19th, 2008, 12:25 AM
momo :sad:

@danieln1
Jun 19th, 2008, 01:55 AM
My God, three centimeters is HUGE! Poor Amelie....

Marshmallow
Jun 19th, 2008, 02:00 AM
My God, three centimeters is HUGE! Poor Amelie....

Really, I don't think that many women are impressed by that.

I'm really feeling :sobbing:, Oh Amelie... Hoping for a Miracle!

Mikey.
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:01 AM
:bigcry: Amelie :bigcry:

homogenius
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:33 AM
It seems there's no end to this shit.I hope she can still be ready to play but I doubt it.

Hashim.
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:34 AM
:sad:

Chance
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Another injury :(
But hang in there Momo fans.

Yasmine
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:48 AM
:sad: :banghead: :sad: :bigcry: :sad: :tears: :tape:

shirley
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Poor Amelie :sad:

graciewx
Jun 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Amelie... take care...

wtatourfan
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Poor amelie!

Hugo24
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:01 AM
Apparently she had some Laser treatment done. No news of her withdrawing from Wimbledon so she might play .Good Luck Ame

hablo
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:20 AM
I wonder why she didn't get this laser treatment with the past "tears" in her thigh region ?

Amélie is taking big risks ... I hope it pays off.

hankqq
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:23 AM
I really hope she can play. I would LOVE a 3rd rd clash between her and Serena...

Josh.
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:56 AM
Would a LL replace her in the draw?

homogenius
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:31 AM
I wonder why she didn't get this laser treatment with the past "tears" in her thigh region ?

:scared:
I dunno what to think about that.I'd love to see her whith a good run in Wimbly but if she ended injured and possibly miss others big events after that (like OG for example)I'm not sure it's worth it.

G&R
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:33 AM
any news??

Para
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:09 PM

My guess is that she has gotten it in the past, we just don't get every detail about her treatments

mr_burns
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:11 PM
hope she play an beats serena although both of it is is quite optimistic

injured an such a tough draw...poor amelie

Para
Jun 21st, 2008, 01:15 PM
:scared:
I dunno what to think about that.I'd love to see her whith a good run in Wimbly but if she ended injured and possibly miss others big events after that (like OG for example)I'm not sure it's worth it.

When looking at her current ranking and comparing with other french players her chances of participating in OG are small without having a very good run in Wimbledon. She's fourth french right now and if Pierce calls on her injury protected ranking to play in the olympics she will be 5th and prob not be chosen to play for france. She needs to gain points in Wimbledon (go further than 4th round) to be sure of OG.

So that and her really liking to play at Wimbledon is why I think she will try every means to be able to play.

But personnally, I'd prefer her to take the safe before the risk, not to risk an even worse injury.

Marshmallow
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:14 PM
I'll be SO happy to see her on the court. Amelie loves Wimbledon and loves the grass, to have to wait another year to be there :sad:. I remain hopeful, I mean if this was major and looking terrible they would have removed from Wimbledon already, or been talking about it in commentary. I've heard nothing. :woohoo: Plus Amlie is normally really cautious, if this was as terrible as we believe, she would have pulled out and wouldn't be trying I don't think.

All the best Amelie :bounce:

Melly Flew Us
Jun 21st, 2008, 02:17 PM

if she got the laser treatment in the uk then the consultant/doctor that she saw is actually based in wimbledon. he uses a modified laser not a traditional laser; it has about a 50/50 chance of working but it is better than nothing.

hablo
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:16 PM
if she got the laser treatment in the uk then the consultant/doctor that she saw is actually based in wimbledon. he uses a modified laser not a traditional laser; it has about a 50/50 chance of working but it is better than nothing.

Good to know. Thanks.

Craig.
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:16 PM
So... she's playing. Right?

hablo
Jun 21st, 2008, 05:27 PM
Her camp has been very silent on her website.

She was supposed to say something on Friday... We're still waiting! :shrug:

Uranus
Jun 21st, 2008, 06:28 PM
Weird. Such injuries should be taken seriously, it's not like she got a cold or what. I don't know why she's still planning on playing. I hope her decision doesn't penalize her.

madamtennis
Jun 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM
oo no her injury is so serious, poor baby. i am more and more desperate about everything :sad:why?:bigcry:

Destiny
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:38 PM

AmeDevotee
Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:34 PM
She did laser treatment and has been taking anti-inflammatories.

Amélie is going to play. She practiced today for 45 minutes.
She underwent a scan (echography? ) today which showed that her injury is healing nicely. Her practice went well but she still isn't a 100%. If it was Wimbledon, she wouldn't have played. She was assured that she has a 90% of not making her injury worse, apparently.

(Thanks to posters from her official website. ;) )

Amelie's playing. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Europe rocks
Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
Momo :sad: It would be terrible if she missed Wimbledon. I just hope that she comes back next year, but the way she has been playing it doesn't look likely.
So pleased I could work out what they were saying from the French text and not looking at the English translation :lol:

Pebbles
Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:55 PM
Show no mercy Ashley! This is your chance! MoMo :hug:

Slumpsova
Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
this thread should be closed. she will play anyway, duh :rolleyes: