PDA

View Full Version : Gajdosova officially representing Australia at Wimbledon!

The Kaz
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:10 PM
:bounce:

According to the Wimbledon site.

Jarka :yeah: Do us proud!

Interesting that she's alternated nationalities at the slams this year...AO and Wimbly she been an Aussie but she represented Slovakia at the French :confused:

cn ireland
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:00 PM
:bounce:

According to the Wimbledon site.

Jarka :yeah: Do us proud!

Interesting that she's alternated nationalities at the slams this year...AO and Wimbly she been an Aussie but she represented Slovakia at the French :confused:

Maybe representing Aus gave her better results:lol:.

I wonder if she'll be representing Oz on the new rankings on Monday?

Dawson.
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:24 PM
why is she allowed to do this?? i mean, how she just change her nationality with the click of the fingers?? to get wildscards into some tournements :shrug: not very patriotic if you ask me.

Harvs
Jun 17th, 2008, 10:51 PM
why is she allowed to do this?? i mean, how she just change her nationality with the click of the fingers?? to get wildscards into some tournements :shrug: not very patriotic if you ask me.

she hasnt?
this has been a long process.. going on for quite a few years now...

great for jarks,, and for aussie tennis:)

Juanes
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:00 PM
definitelly.... i didnt see, that she is Slovak... :lol:

good luck Jarka as Australian...

OZTENNIS
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:53 PM
It's because the WTA refuses to call her an Aussie because the ITF also refuses to call her an Aussie.
But apparently the Slams are run differently, in other words, it is at the discression of the officials at each grand slam. Hence, at Melbourne Park and at Wimbledon, the officials agreed to let her represent Australia, but at Roland Garros, they refused. Same goes for Rodionova

mckyle.
Jun 18th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Weird. I thought she only represented Australia when she wanted wild cards :lol:

polishprodigy
Jun 18th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Gajdosova

AO: AUS
FO: SVK
WIM: AUS
USO: ???

Rodionova
AO: AUS
FO: RUS
WIM: RUS
USO: ???

polishprodigy
Jun 18th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Why are they refusing to recognize her permanent residency/citizenship?

OZTENNIS
Jun 18th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Because she needs to live in Australia for two blocks of nine months without leaving the country to gain citizenship and an Australian passport, bloody stupid :spit:
TA is appealing on both Gajdosova and Rodionova's behalf...I think they both hope to be representing Australia ''full time'' by 2009 Australian summer

OZTENNIS
Jun 18th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Weird. I thought she only represented Australia when she wanted wild cards :lol:
Well that shows how ignorant you are