PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon QR1: Corinna Dentoni def Abigail Spears 6-3 7-6(4)

FORZA SARITA
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:09 PM
What a debut on grass:hearts:
Now beat LDL:kiss:

The Kaz
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:12 PM
And everyone said Abigail would qualify :lol:

FORZA SARITA
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM
And everyone said Abigail would qualify :lol:

take this:drool::lol:

Beat
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Abigail :rolleyes:

Darop.
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Forza :banana:

NOW QUALIFY. :armed:

Natash.
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Corinna! :hearts: Qualify please. :angel:

G&R
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:32 PM
who is LDL? dominguez lino?
hoever well done corinna

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:34 PM
pleasantly suprised :o wow Corinna, got a good chance to qualify now
Abigail :( :o

Dexter
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Forza :banana:

NOW QUALIFY. :armed:Dai dai dai! :devil:
This + u che bello, is all I'm capable of saying in Italian. :tape:

Still I'm pleased for Corinna. She has a great chance of reaching her 1st MD in a GS!

G&R
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Dai dai dai! :devil:
This + u che bello, is all I'm capable of saying in Italian. :tape:

Still I'm pleased for Corinna. She has a great chance of reaching her 1st MD in a GS!

not bad:yeah: (non male)

NyCPsU
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Corinna :banana:

Qualify now :yeah:

benji48
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Abi :sad:

Iceland
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Great win, Corinna :yeah:!! But I'm not surprised at all, even though clay provided her best results, I'm sure she can do well on this surface thanks to her good serve & some of her accelerations. At least she doesn't have to work for points, as she has to do on clay, one good shot is almost enough for a winner on grass.

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Great result for Corinna. :bounce:

And the great news is she can indeed play on grass. Very well infact. I enjoyed this match alot. Corinna is so dainty. She has a very individual personality even if a lot of it does remind one of Mary Pierce. Thankfully she doesn't take the time between points that Pierce did but she has that air about her. She also excudes her Italianess, which I find very charming. I love the way her hips wiggle as she receives serve. I am sure she doesn't do this to be sexy but I don't suspect she minds if people do find it sexy either.

Okay, back to the tennis. Corinna has a very graceful serve that produces effortless power. It doesn't look like she is putting that much into it but she was certainly getting aces from it and it was putting her in charge of a lot of points. She has nice touch, and hits the ball pretty flat. In short this is a game that will work very nicely indeed on grass. I want to she more of Corinna but already I think she has a pretty good future ahead of her. At least top 50 and I wouldn't be at all suprised if she had a career on the level of someone like Flavia Pennetta, although it might be a little bit too early to go that far.