PDA

View Full Version : Do i dare open a thread about Wimbledon?

Daniel.
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:51 PM
She's on court now against Poutchek. 3/3 first set. shes going ok, had a few games to 30 on return. lets just see how this pans out. hopefully this thread is still active in a few days

Daniel.
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:59 PM
She had 0-30 on Poutcheks serve but blew it. 4/4. Come and support her people!!! I need to go to bed!

Daniel.
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:05 PM
5/4 30-30 COME ON AL! Damn straight i like talking to myself!

Daniel.
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:09 PM
After the first set im going to bed and u can all miss out on my commentary. hahaha thats your punishment for not being here to support Big Al in this vital stage of her career. (by the way im not serious, just over tired)

A game point for 6/5...

Daniel.
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Poutchek 7/6(5)... im going to bed, i tried my hardest!
WHen i check score in the morning i expect a quick easy set for Poutchek. :'( So bloody close...

Goodnight

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Your wrong ;) Alicia took the second 6-1 :eek: Down 3-4 in a break in the 3rd... but it's Deuce (from 40-0) ! Come on fight Leesh :hug:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Saved 5 game points now... Back to Deuce :yeah:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Blah GP #6 :sad:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Deuce #3 :banana:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:28 PM
GP #8 :o

Alicia Rocks
Omg can't get a break point :lol: GP #7 :help:

Alicia Rocks
Deuce #4 :haha:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:30 PM
3-5 :sad: :bigcry: Please hold now :hug:

Alicia Rocks
0-15 :help:

Alicia Rocks
15all...

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:31 PM
30-15 :)

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:32 PM
30 all :scared:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:32 PM
30-40 MP#1 :sad:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Ugh 6-7(5) 6-1 3-6 :sad: At least she won a set I guess, another heartbreaker though :bigcry:

Lewis
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:35 PM
cant believe she blew a 2-0 lead in the final set :(

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Damn - didn't know that :sad: Confidence is definantly rock bottom...
Welcome to the board btw :) :wavey:

Lewis
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks :) yeah its disappointing to see that she couldn't hold on to that lead and win her first match for a while. It'd be sad to see her retire going out with matches like this if she does decide to :sad:

Milito22
Jun 17th, 2008, 06:27 PM
:sobbing:...AliciA :hug:

Harvs
Jun 17th, 2008, 09:46 PM
thats disgusting...
god.

OZTENNIS
Jun 17th, 2008, 10:30 PM
At least she won a set :shrug:
Poutchek has been in decent form on the grass...this was Alicia's first match :hug:
Prepare to see her ranking freefall though now :sad:

OZTENNIS
Jun 17th, 2008, 10:40 PM
After Wimbledon, she will be ranked about 145...
With this, it is likely that Samantha Stosur will overtake her as the ''official'' Aussie No.2... but she still has to defend her points from Wimbledon for this to happen.

PLEASE TAKE A BREAK ALICIA. YOU NEED TO HIRE A NEW COACH AND FITNESS TRAINER, TWO PEOPLE WHO HAVE INTERNATIONAL CREDENTIALS AND THAT CAN HELP YOU IMPROVE YOUR GAME. I AM THINKING MARTINA NAVRATILOVA AND GISELLE TIRADO.

Navratilova had a lot of positive feedback at the Hopman Cup for Leesh, and it would be good to see her implement these tips in her game. Tirado is Navratilova's old fitness trainer and has also done work with Samantha Stosur...these two would be a great team for Alicia, and she needs positive people around her all the time at the moment. There is no point having a coach like Nicole Bradtke, working on this at home and then telling her and your fitness trainer to stay home. How is she going to know what to work on? Who is going to motivate you during training? Who is going to push you to do fitness work?

Alicia, secondly, needs a long break. She should skip the entire US Open Series (including the Olympics) to let her ''niggling'' injuries (both mental and physical) heal. Then she should play the Aussie 25k's at the end of the season to rebuild some form and confidence. There is no shame in playing the Aussie 25k's. She did back in the 1990's/early 2000's and since then other players like Ellwood, Dominikovic and Gajdosova, who have had similar downturns in form have done the same thing. It always benefited Evie, why not Alicia?

Then she could enter the Australian Open Playoff, win a wildcard into the Australian Open and start from scratch with a new unit like Navratilova and Tirado...

Just a suggestion :shrug:

Droolv
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:01 PM
This is horrible :awww:

What will happen next in Alicia's career? :shrug:

Alicia Rocks
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Nice suggestions :yeah: She definantly needs a break.

OZTENNIS
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I would definitely like to see her play singles AT LEAST through until the 2009 Australian Open. As a Former World No.8, Olympic bronze medallist and Australian Open quarter finalist, there is no way she should be allowed to retire before then.

If she did then retire, it would be one of the most significant retirements in Australian sport of the 21st Century, and the biggest in Australian tennis circles since Pat Rafter finished at the end of 2001.

AUSBOY
Jun 18th, 2008, 01:06 AM
PLEASE TAKE A BREAK ALICIA. YOU NEED TO HIRE A NEW COACH AND FITNESS TRAINER, TWO PEOPLE WHO HAVE INTERNATIONAL CREDENTIALS AND THAT CAN HELP YOU IMPROVE YOUR GAME. I AM THINKING MARTINA NAVRATILOVA AND GISELLE TIRADO.
Alicia, secondly, needs a long break. She should skip the entire US Open Series (including the Olympics) to let her ''niggling'' injuries (both mental and physical) heal. Then she should play the Aussie 25k's at the end of the season to rebuild some form and confidence. There is no shame in playing the Aussie 25k's. She did back in the 1990's/early 2000's and since then other players like Ellwood, Dominikovic and Gajdosova, who have had similar downturns in form have done the same thing. It always benefited Evie, why not Alicia?
Then she could enter the Australian Open Playoff, win a wildcard into the Australian Open and start from scratch with a new unit like Navratilova and Tirado...
Just a suggestion :shrug:

Don't be obsurd, Alicia's priority is the Olympics, she is almost 100% confirmed for the doubles and still appears to be a good chance, despite her form, for a singles wildcard as the only medal winner from the last Olympics in contention for a spot in the draw.

She is very down on confidence at the moment, having said that she did well getting a set of Poutchek who beat her in straight sets last time.

Alicia is going to reassess everything after the US Open. Her focus up until then will be more so on doubles with Casey I assume. I expect that Alicia will play the same tournaments as Casey purely for doubles, and will just play qualifying of whatever events she can get into.

I think after the US Open, Alicia will take the rest of the year off, and just hope that her arm is able to heal in time for the wild card play offs. She may decide to opt out of this though and rest it more, and just rely on a wildcard anyway, which she would get provided she can show her arm is 100%

Chrisi
Jun 18th, 2008, 02:12 PM
:tape: Don't know what to say...at least a set!

miss_molik
Jun 19th, 2008, 06:38 AM
:sad: alicia, please start playing better soon! This is depressing. After Justine retiring, and lish not getting any better, i can't take it anymore!! argh.