PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon: Q1: (9)Magdaléna Rybáriková (SVK) - Anda Perianu (ROU) 6-4, 6-2

Juanes
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Wimbledon, England, grandslam, grass

Qualifying:
1st round: (9)Magdaléna Rybáriková (SVK) - Anda Perianu (ROU) 6-4, 6-2 :yeah:

nice scoreline!

2nd round against Karatantcheva... good luck Magda

Oswald56
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Way to go Magda! Good luck against Karatantcheva.

teo_honey
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Expected... Even if Anda is more experienced she is going through a tough time because she was injured earlier this year and her form is not great at the moment. Magdalena is a good player right now!

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Expected... Even if Anda is more experienced she is going through a tough time because she was injured earlier this year and her form is not great at the moment. Magdalena is a good player right now!

Magda is definately a very good player right now. I was extremely impressed with this display. It the best performance by a woman I saw today. Magda is doing everything right. Her serving is great, her volleys are very sharp and accurate but best of all is that backhand. She has so many options on this shots. Her backhand slice is a dream. It is a great shot. But she can it her backhand as well.

Magda is in the toughest section of the draw. But playing like that I have little doubt she will qualify. It is Sesil Karatancheva next and then probably Kulikova but I don't see Magda losing. I think she will be a very tough opponent in the main draw too.

By the end of this tournament Magda should be comfortably in the top 100. I'm looking forward to seeing how she does for the rest of the year. :bounce: