PDA

View Full Version : Caro's Playing Style

Cakeisgood
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM
What do you think it is? Wozzy is by no means an ordinary ball basher, but I can't seem to put my finger on her style, what do you think?

BTW Caro doesn't have her own player's forum, and there is more traffic here, so that's my reasoning :)

dybbuk
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM
What do you think it is? Wozzy is by no means an ordinary ball basher, but I can't seem to put my finger on her style, what do you think?

BTW Caro doesn't have her own player's forum, and there is more traffic here, so that's my reasoning :)

She does have a forum, it's in Scandinavian Sweeties.

Cakeisgood
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Ah. Didn't know that. Even so, my second reason still stands :)

debopero
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:36 PM
To be honest, when I watched her I did not understand her game. Does she hit the all hard? Is she a pusher? I do not get it.

Derek.
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:42 PM
She's definitely not a pusher. She likes to dictate points and move her opponents around the court, but she thinks when she does it. She knows when she needs to mix it up, when to go for an aggressive shot, when she just needs to get it deep, or at least she tries. She really likes to go for her backhand, it's her better shot. Forehand is still okay, but it sits up to be killed by the top players a lot. She can hit the ball pretty hard when she wants to, especially on her backhand.

Expat
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:44 PM
i am not sure but her game resembles chakvetadze to me in that she doesnt have the power and depends a lot on shot selection

Cakeisgood
Jun 16th, 2008, 11:03 PM
i am not sure but her game resembles chakvetadze to me in that she doesnt have the power and depends a lot on shot selection

Ugh. I hope not. But when I saw her play, Chaky didn't resound in me.

Optima
Jun 16th, 2008, 11:10 PM
She doesn't seem to know what to do when she faces someone in the top 10. She gets stuff back with interest, but I don't really see a gameplan..maybe I'm just retarded though. I hope she has a good career.

Wiggly
Jun 16th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah. I saw her against Ivanovic at the AO and I never clearly understood her game. It's a mix between a pusher and a agressive player.

Serenidad.
Jun 17th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Her serve is fallable. Her forehand has too much air. She looks like she has some netplay/variety, but her forehand has too much air on it as someone said in here earlier. The only shot that is solid is her backhand.

She doesn't have the weapons to trouble a top player, imo.

slamchamp
Jun 17th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I watched Karin Knapp play, and she plays just like Caroline..It was identical , her serve, forehand, backhand..am I the only one who thinks that?

davidmario
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:32 AM
I watched Karin Knapp play, and she plays just like Caroline..It was identical , her serve, forehand, backhand..am I the only one who thinks that?

Karin plays more agressive and can hit decent winners against top players. Caro can't do so, but she's more consitant though.

Well there are players like Cibulkova, Cornet and Caro and IMO they all lack loads of power. They won't have major success if they ain't gonna learn how to really WHACK a ball.

Robert-KimClijst
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:28 AM
She reminds me a bit of Martina Hingis in the way she uses the whole court and thinks when she plays.

Natash.
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Karin plays more agressive and can hit decent winners against top players. Caro can't do so, but she's more consitant though.

Well there are players like Cibulkova, Cornet and Caro and IMO they all lack loads of power. They won't have major success if they ain't gonna learn how to really WHACK a ball.

Did you see Domi's match against Jankovic? She was hitting incredibly well!

Caroline can hit the ball hard. I personally love her game. Very fluid strokes and moves very well.

Cakeisgood
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:23 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is totally confused. Like during the Ana AO match, she pushed and pushed, then out of the blue hit a 70 mph winner. That's why I'm so lost. She seems like a hybrid player, and it doesn't seem to really work against top players.

PLP
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:22 AM
She reminds me a bit of Martina Hingis in the way she uses the whole court and thinks when she plays.

That's what I was going to say as well, though the Anna C. comparison is also true. I feel that she does have a bit more power though and will definitely go for it. I really love watching her and I think she does have what it takes to be top 10, definite. :hearts:

InsideOut.
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I still don't get her game. I love her and all; she's cute, funny, nice, and I like her game though I don't really understand it.

OsloErik
Jun 17th, 2008, 10:51 AM
She's still working out how to balance the different elements of her game. I can picture her getting into the top 20 before too long, but not moving to the top 10 until she's a little older.

powerbackhand
Jun 17th, 2008, 10:53 AM
shes a bit like jankovic

davidmario
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Did you see Domi's match against Jankovic? She was hitting incredibly well!

Caroline can hit the ball hard. I personally love her game. Very fluid strokes and moves very well.

Yes, I saw it, thanks. Domi hit winners after a 15+ shot rally. She just can't make those 1-2-punches. She's too defensive. Same goes for Jankovic btw;)

So Disrespectful
Jun 17th, 2008, 12:36 PM
She plays like a male counterpuncher.

BartoliBabes
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:26 PM
moves well. i would class her as an all court player. would be nice to see her go for it a bit more

Myggen
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Yes, I saw it, thanks. Domi hit winners after a 15+ shot rally. She just can't make those 1-2-punches. She's too defensive. Same goes for Jankovic btw;)

Thanks God not everyone plays the same way. It is good to mix in some brains every once in a while. If all you want is ball bashing tennis will soon get very boring.

OsloErik
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:58 PM
She plays like a male counterpuncher.

That's not a bad way to put it. She reflects power pretty nicely when she takes the chance, she moves well, comes forward nicely. If she'd be more proactive, she'd probably crack the top 20 in a year or so. Would help if her serve picked up a little bit. She's too tall to let that go to waste.

Derek.
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:09 PM

And Jankovic has still gotten to #2 in the world. ;)

Derek.
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:11 PM

That makes sense as Martina Hingis is her idol. ;)

number33
Jun 17th, 2008, 06:16 PM
In an interview i saw on youtube, she said she's an all around player

sunsfuns
Jun 17th, 2008, 06:24 PM
She's still working out how to balance the different elements of her game. I can picture her getting into the top 20 before too long, but not moving to the top 10 until she's a little older.

I think her progress will be similar to Radwanska's (Agnieszka is ca 1 year older). Close to, but not yet top 10 one year from today...

Dodoboy.
Jun 17th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah i some times saw myself asking this question. Espiecally during the clay season.

She has beaten a top 10 player btw :)

And was close to taken a set of Pova on clay - but then again who isn't :o

Slutati
Jun 18th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I like her, but I don't get her game either:confused: It's weird...

InsideOut.
Jun 18th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Yeah i some times saw myself asking this question. Espiecally during the clay season.

She has beaten a top 10 player btw :)

And was close to taken a set of Pova on clay - but then again who isn't :o

Third top 10 win today. She beat the same top 10 player twice (Marion) :lol:. Now today she beat up Sveta, which is amazing. :bounce:

Her slam results aren't that bad by the way...she just got unlucky draws, lost to Ana in both AO and RG, and Ana reached the finals in both and won RG, so Caro wasn't bad.

davidmario
Jun 18th, 2008, 04:33 PM
And Jankovic has still gotten to #2 in the world. ;)
...and will never win a slam as long as she doesn't work on an agressive gameplan.
Thanks God not everyone plays the same way. It is good to mix in some brains every once in a while. If all you want is ball bashing tennis will soon get very boring.
We are not talking about what I want. I was talking about which type of game makes you win majors nowadays;)

Cakeisgood
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Do we still not have an answer? To be honest, I was asking so I could get my Caro SCT3 accurate. LOL what a loser!

SV_Fan
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:11 PM
She's not really a ball basher. More like a puncher.

jbeacinu
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:14 PM
is pusher available in Smash court?? :rolleyes:

Cakeisgood
Jun 19th, 2008, 10:31 PM
is pusher available in Smash court?? :rolleyes:

It's "All Rounder." They have Counterpuncher for Rafa, but you can't make one. Weird.