PDA

View Full Version : Getting tickets for Wimbledon

only_one_maria
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I've just been on the Wimbledon site and I'm hoping to get a ticket for the general grounds. Is it possible to buy in advance at all?

Anyway, I don't know which day I want to go yet (I guess Monday or Tuesday), so it's probably best for me to just turn up and queue. This is where I want advice really. It says on the official site that for ordinary ground tickets you should be there a few hours before the gates open. I could easily get there for 8 o'clock but the train ticket is extortionate at that time of day. I would much rather get there around 11.30am. However, what would be my chances of getting in to Wimbledon at that time?

Please reply if you have experience here. Cheers.

Slutiana
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:24 PM
You have to queue up, can't buy ground passes in advance.

I would recommend getting there early; by like 9 at the latest. You'll still get in after 11:30, but not after a ridiculous number of hours... You'll probably in by like 3.

Where do you get a train from?

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:29 PM
its better if you come the day before into London than pay rip off train fares early morning

only_one_maria
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Cardiff. Getting there by 9 o'clock isn't difficult, it's just going to cost me an extra £30.

only_one_maria
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:35 PM
its better if you come the day before into London than pay rip off train fares early morning

And sleep out in the streets? I don't have a tent unfortunately.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM
And sleep out in the streets? I don't have a tent unfortunately.

few people dont have tents, just a sleeping bag does fine for 1 night as long as it dont rain