PDA

View Full Version : Eastbourne RD1: Aussie No.2 STOSUR def British No.2 O'BRIEN 6-4 6-3

OZTENNIS
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Not a bad effort from Sam.
But that serve needs some work
Only two aces and eight double faults :help:

These ranking points are quite helpful in your rise back up the rankings :cool:

Good luck in the next round :yeah:
Slight choke at the end, but a good mini fightback from Katie
Good luck to her at Wimbledon

OZTENNIS
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Sam could have finished it off a bit earlier, since she lead 6-4 5-1 and held MP on O'Brien's serve...

austennis
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:28 PM
well done Sammmy .. goodluck next round hope u can make a good run here,.

Dave.
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Well done Sam :yeah: Good to see her winning again and I hope her and Lisa have a good run here too. They can still be one of the top teams in the world.

KOB :sobbing: Hopefully you can have a good draw at Wimbledon. Either way, British tennis has been doing very well lately. :yeah:

paul_masterton
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Katie :lol: :rolleyes:

Terrible serving from both players. Pretty low quality match. The top 100 is suddenly very far away for Katie

jamatthews
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Getting 110 points on surface you're hopeless on by beating equally hopeless players is not really helpful. The 150 mark is clearly where she belongs though based on her form this year.

NeeemZ
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Great win, Sam! Amelie or Alize will be a tough battle for Sammy.

paul_masterton
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Getting 110 points on surface you're hopeless on by beating equally hopeless players is not really helpful. The 150 mark is clearly where she belongs though based on her form this year.

very true - but a good shot at getting herself back on track on the hardcourts over the summer. needs to work on her serve and drop back down to a couple of 25k's i think before US Open

jamatthews
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Dropping back to 25Ks is a ridiculous idea.

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Katie's clock came around to midnight :o

paul_masterton
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Dropping back to 25Ks is a ridiculous idea.

why?! if she's raked 150-160 thats her level of tournament. She admitted in an interview she didn't feel she belonged at tour level. She hasn't managed to win matches when she's been seeded in qualies, so how's she gonna manage when she's unseeded.

She needs wins and confidence - getting humped in yet more tour events won't help. I think she should go to the states and mix the big tour events with some good challengers over there. She's not good enough to play WTA events week in week out. There's a run of 50k's in USA and Canada where she could go deep.

The points in WTA qualies are about the same level as 25 and 10k's in Tier II and III events!

fleur137
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:45 PM
nice nice sammy! all the best :)

Dawson.
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:47 PM
last week katie was a few points away from the top 100. after this shes gonna drop to about 135. then about 160 after wimbledon :sad: hopefully she has a good wimbledon draw

well done sam - another step towards the top 100

TS
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:50 PM
An expected result in my view. Well done Sammy, but gotta play better to go further :)

jamatthews
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:54 PM
why?! if she's raked 150-160 thats her level of tournament. She admitted in an interview she didn't feel she belonged at tour level. She hasn't managed to win matches when she's been seeded in qualies, so how's she gonna manage when she's unseeded.

She needs wins and confidence - getting humped in yet more tour events won't help. I think she should go to the states and mix the big tour events with some good challengers over there. She's not good enough to play WTA events week in week out. There's a run of 50k's in USA and Canada where she could go deep.

The points in WTA qualies are about the same level as 25 and 10k's in Tier II and III events!

She said she USED to be overwhelmed in Tour Events but now she's more comfortable.

And she doesn't need confidence, she just needs to get back onto hardcourts.

paul_masterton
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:09 PM
She said she USED to be overwhelmed in Tour Events but now she's more comfortable.

And she doesn't need confidence, she just needs to get back onto hardcourts.

Yes, because her hardcourt results this year have been incredible :tape:

She's 7/9 with wins over Sfar, Brown and Smith, and losses to Savchuk, Hrdinova and Osterag.

I think its more than the surface

-sugi-
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Katie :sad:

47eggs
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Yes, because her hardcourt results this year have been incredible :tape:

She's 7/9 with wins over Sfar, Brown and Smith, and losses to Savchuk, Hrdinova and Osterag.

I think its more than the surface

Yep I agree. But I dont think she should play lower than $50,000.

Jojo_
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:21 PM
WWOoow Well done Sam !!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Its nice to see Sammy showing the tennis world that she deserves her Wimby WC :bounce:.