PDA

View Full Version : Tickets - Help!

IanRadi
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I was looking forward to travel to New York in August-September and decided to go to the US Open too. So I called a travel agency and requested this:

- 29/08 Grounds (morning) + Promenade (night)
- 30/08 Grounds (morning) + Promenade (night)
- 01/09 Grounds (morning) + Promenade (night)
- 03/09 Arthur Ashe Stadium – all day – Loge Box
- 04/09 Louis Armstrong Stadium – all day – Loge Box
- 05/09 Arthur Ashe Stadium – only morning – Loge Box
- 06/09 Arthur Ashe Stadium – all day – Loge Box
- 07/09 Arthur Ashe Stadium – only morning – Loge Box

And he told me that all that would cost US$7,000. Is it fine or is it too expensive? Please I'd appreciate any answer because I'd like to start paying ASAP (I live in Argentina and 3 dollars of our country tantamount 1 American dollar) :rolleyes:

Paule22
Jun 30th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Better buy the tickets via ticketmaster. 7000$???? Are they crazy?

drake3781
Jun 30th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Almost one thousand dollars per day? Maybe for the best seat in the house!

It will cost a lot to attend USO for so many sessions. I've never been there, but been to a lot of other tournaments: maybe use $100 per session ticket as a ROUGH guess.

On the other hand, I go on the cheap because I don't care about my seat - I like to walk around and see everything. You want a Loge Box? I guess you'll have to pay a lot, then.

Do you really want to attend for 8 days, or were you getting carried away? That is a LOT of tennis. I know there are people that can do that much, but it's too much for me.

IanRadi
Jul 18th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the info guys but I decided to go the first week of the tournament. I'll just go and watch the outside courts' matches (not Ashe or Armstrong). :)

:wavey: