PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the most vulnerable in the first week of Wimbledon?

kittyking
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:42 AM
It's fair to say that there is often alot of upsets in the first week of any Grand Slam. This is because the top players often don't peak until the second week of the competition.

Which of the players listed in the poll above do you think will be most vulnerable in the first week of Wimbledon 2008.

skanky~skanketta
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:45 AM
what poll?

kittyking
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:48 AM
what poll?

Press refresh, if that doesn't work report the problem to an Admin :hug:

mirzalover
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Marion will crack I think. Venus is always vulnerable the first week but Im hoping for her to defend a slam title for the first time since the 01 US Open.

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Ana,Marion,Anna,Dinara :)

skanky~skanketta
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Marion and Anna. Hopefully Marion manages to recapture some of the magic from last year.

Chunchun
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:53 AM
First Week? Venus. Once she has reached 4r she will reborn :hearts:

Harvs
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:17 AM
bartoli is gona tumble:)

vw.
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Of that list? Bartoli.

Of the top contenders (WS, Maria, Ana, Jelena)? Venus.

~Eclipsed~
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:23 AM
In order:

1.) Marion - injury and pressure to defend A LOT of points will probably cause her to get bounced out in round 1 or 2.

2.) Venus - always struggles early. Even though some of her matches are too nerve-wracking to watch, i'll be happy as long as she defends her title.

3.) Anna C. - too inconsistent this year. Probably will make it to round 3.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jun 16th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Vee,Marion,Anna

sunsfuns
Jun 16th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Bartoli obviously, but other than that I think Safina might not last very long. Her game is not very good for grass...

NeeemZ
Jun 16th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Marion is almost expected.

Other than that, Venus is much too unpredictable right now and her form right now mixed with the fact that the last few Wimbledons has seen her struggle early on makes her very vulnerable.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Marion and Vee.

Marion did not play good so far, had a some injuries. Vee usually never plays well during the first week. Don't know about Anna. She lost early in RG and some other tourneys this year.

starin
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Chakvetadze, Bartoli and Venus.
All 3 have been crap this year. Bartoli will feel the pressure and Venus well either Venus will crash out to some random player b4 the 4th rd or win the whole thing. At least that's been her pattern since 2004.

Mikey.
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Marina isn't in the poll? :scared:

kittyking
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Marina isn't in the poll? :scared:

Marina's defending nothing from Wimbledon, she has nothing to lose. And shes certainly not vulnerable! Her serve is better than most girls on tour, shes got a backhand volley and is great at the net. Combined with this shes in pretty great form and has the best Grass Court record this year of any player on tour.

I don't think Marina is vulnerable, she has got nothing to lose and everything to gain :)

Mikey.
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Marina's defending nothing from Wimbledon, she has nothing to lose. And shes certainly not vulnerable! Her serve is better than most girls on tour, shes got a backhand volley and is great at the net. Combined with this shes in pretty great form and has the best Grass Court record this year of any player on tour.

I don't think Marina is vulnerable, she has got nothing to lose and everything to gain :)

:lol: Don't worry I was just joking with you ;)

Tennisation
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:58 AM
last year's champion & finalist got the most votes:lol::help:

kittyking
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:00 AM
:lol: Don't worry I was just joking with you ;)

Good boy, never mess with me and Erakittykovic :hug::p

brayster87
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:03 AM

:unsure::help:

kittyking
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:12 AM
:unsure::help:

That is so mean... :crying2:

Sean.
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Anna - not in good form and grass does not suit her game. If she gets a bad draw she could go out very early

Bartoli and Venus - who knows :shrug:

Mikey.
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Good boy, never mess with me and Erakittykovic :hug::p

:hug: I like Marina... she's cool :cool:

kittyking
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:40 AM
:hug: I like Marina... she's cool :cool:

:hug:

I like Maria Sharapova Ana Ivanovic Jelena Jankovic :inlove:

Alexj
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Marion and Anna unfortunately :sad:

Mikey.
:hug:

I like Maria Sharapova Ana Ivanovic Jelena Jankovic :inlove:

:worship: Jelena :worship:

ClaudiaZ-S
At least, Marion won something :devil:

Dave.
Marion- injured/slumping/pressure :bigcry:

:sad:

justine schnyder
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Out of this list I'd say Bartoli, she's having a tough time.

And imo Schnyder is very much too