View Full Version : WOO!! Go Jankovic!

ArturoAce.
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:48 PM
She has reached her career high of number 2
..even though she didnt play!

Borislove
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Congrats JJ!:worship:

And top 2 this week looks really unbelievable!
http://i032.radikal.ru/0806/30/0a77ad0beefa.jpg

I like this top 5.:bounce:

Just Do It
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:59 PM
:woohoo: Finally !!!

Filippo-Nastya
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Congrats JJ, congrats Serbia! :worship:

Destiny
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Top two serbs :rocker2:

дalex
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I :hearts: No.2! :banana:

felipe2004
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:10 PM
It's ironic that she gets the number 2 spot in the one week she doesn't play a tournament. :lol:

wild.river
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM
haha and serbia isn't even in the world draw for fed cup. (or are they now?) wow only 2countries in top 5.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Congrats JJ! Its always nice to see a player fight hard on tour for a few years ( or so ) and peak later in her career:bounce:.

terjw
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM
:worship::hearts::hearts::worship: Well done Jelena. Can't wait for Wimbledon to see her play again.

-NAJ-
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM
OMG
#1-Ana
#2 -Jelena

Go girls. Go Serbia.

sharapovarulz1
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Nice one Jelena :D

spencercarlos
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:54 PM
It's ironic that she gets the number 2 spot in the one week she doesn't play a tournament. :lol:
Not WTa but..
Kafelnikov got to number one in some point of 1999 and he was losing like 4 or 5 first rounds in a row :lol:

Edberg did this same thing in Miami 1992 getting to number one after losing in the first round of Miami :tape:

Wiggly
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Serbi can't win Fed Cup before 2010. :tape:

VeeJJ
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:58 PM
are they gonna be seeded one and two at Wimbledon???

Julian
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Looks like the start of the Serbia-Russia domination is on the way!
Congrats JJ! Even tho she didnt play lol

Optima
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:07 PM
:rocker2: Jelena :hearts:

StZox
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I've been waiting for this forever!!!!!!!!!

Bravo Jeca & Anci

Valanga
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I am confused...Jelena didn't play birmingham to defend her Winner points...and she still went to no.2 :eek:
That's briiliant

Emina.
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Jelena :kiss:

Willam
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Jelena :rocker2:

Nacho
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:32 PM
well done Jelena, 1 spot more to go ;)

Dawson.
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:42 PM
awesome for serbia.

edit: wait a minute, ive just checked, she will lose the #2 spot next week because she is not playing this week and has 100 points to defend, right? i know this doesnt change the fact she is #2 btw :lol:

austennis
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:37 AM
hahaha no.2 for a weeek cause she dosnt play this does not sound like JJ .. well done and goodluck in wimby

Mikey.
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:45 AM
:worship: Jelena :worship:

Kampi
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Even when this is just a snapshot for a week, BIG CONGRATS Jelena:worship::kiss::worship:
Take this as some sort of motivation to improve and to reach the very TOP.

GO JJ:bounce:

Hashim.
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:34 AM
welldone JJ:D

jcman
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Go JJ=]

Bruno71
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:03 AM
JJ should take more breaks...it obviously gets her places :)

ivanban
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:49 AM
JJ should take more breaks...it obviously gets her places :)

...and loses her places in the very next week :lol:

So Disrespectful
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Congratulations Jelena, but she better win a slam and reach number 1 for at least one week!

lestat111
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:33 PM
go jeca :)

G&R
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Jj...awesome!!

ce
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:41 PM
:hearts:

hingis44
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:05 PM
good for here! so wimbledon will be very exiting for the place of number 1? what jankovic has doing last year? a quarterfinal.?

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:20 PM
How did this happen? I don't get it. If she was behind Maria prior to Birmingham, how does she go above her when she has more points coming off from that tournament?

дalex
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:51 PM
How did this happen? I don't get it. If she was behind Maria prior to Birmingham, how does she go above her when she has more points coming off from that tournament?

How come you have 20k+ posts and you still don't know how the rankings work? j/k :lol:

Anyway, last week JJ was supposed to defend 140pts for Birmingham title. She didn't play but she didn't lose all those points 'cos she had in reserve 100pts for s'Hertgenbosch final. So she lost only 40pts last week. Maria lost all 100pts for Birmingham final. That was enough for JJ to overtake her for one week (next week those s'Hertogen points will drop off for JJ and will be replaced with 70pts for Bangalore QF - so she'll lose 30pts meaning JJ will drop 1 place or 2 if Kuzy goes far in Eastbourne).

:wavey:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:55 PM
How come you have 20k+ posts and you still don't know how the rankings work? j/k :lol:

Anyway, last week JJ was supposed to defend 140pts for Birmingham title. She didn't play but she didn't lose all those points 'cos she had in reserve 100pts for s'Hertgenbosch final. So she lost only 40pts last week. Maria lost all 100pts for Birmingham final. That was enough for JJ to overtake her for one week (next week those s'Hertogen points will drop off for JJ and will be replaced with 70pts for Bangalore QF - so she'll lose 30pts meaning JJ will drop 1 place or 2 if Kuzy goes far in Eastbourne).

:wavey:

:o :lol: Thanks. I forgot about the extra tournaments that she had in reserve.

mboyle
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:58 PM
If Wimbledon is smart, they'll seed Maria no. 2 anyway...

jbeacinu
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:00 PM
too bad only for one week =[
maybe ashe should win wimbledon =]
annnddd

im glad ot see bartoli out of top 10 =]

JAMESYBABY!
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:02 PM
:eek::inlove: i whish tht it was the other way round tho:p

serenus_2k8
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:42 PM
:lol: Congrats JJ :hug: So is that the seeding for Wimb? Im terrible at remembering how things like this work, Im sure Ive been told loads!

Cp6uja
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Acording to "Career High Ranking" Players are listed by highest ranking achievedlist, Jelena Jankovic obviously with her new career high ranking move from group players where winning slam (BLACK colored is slam winners, RED colored is players which never win slam so far) is exception to group where winning slam sometime in career is imply:

1. Tracy Austin, Jennifer Capriati, Kim Clijsters, Lindsay Davenport, Evonne Goolagong, Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Justine Henin, Martina Hingis, Ana Ivanovic, Amelie Mauresmo, Martina Navratilova, Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, Monica Seles, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Venus Williams
2. Andrea Jaeger, Jelena Jankovic,Billie Jean King, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Conchita Martinez, Anastasia Myskina, Jana Novotna, Virginia Wade
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Amanda Coetzer, Manuela Maleeva-Fragnière,Hana Mandlikova, Nadia Petrova, Mary Pierce, Gabriela Sabatini, Pam Shriver, Nathalie Tauziat, Wendy Turnbull
4. Sue Barker, Kimiko Date, Elena Dementieva, Jelena Dokic, Mary Joe Fernandez, Diane Fromholtz-Balestrat, Zina Garrison, Anke Huber, Claudia Kohde-Kilsch, Iva Majoli, Magdalena Maleeva, Helena Sukova
5. Rosie Casals, Anna Chakvetadze, Margaret Court, Jo Durie, Sylvia Hanika, Daniela Hantuchova, Kathy Jordan, Betty Stove, Natasha Zvereva
etc...

ChriS.
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Acording to "Career High Ranking" list, Jelena Jankovic obviously with her new career high ranking move from group players where winning slam (BLACK colored is slam winners, RED colored is players which never win slam so far) is exception to group where winning slam sometime in career is imply:

1. Tracy Austin, Jennifer Capriati, Kim Clijsters, Lindsay Davenport, Evonne Goolagong, Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Justine Henin, Martina Hingis, Ana Ivanovic, Amelie Mauresmo, Martina Navratilova, Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, Monica Seles, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Venus Williams
2. Andrea Jaeger, Jelena Jankovic,Billie Jean King, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Conchita Martinez, Anastasia Myskina, Jana Novotna, Virginia Wade
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Amanda Coetzer, Manuela Maleeva-Fragnière,Hana Mandlikova, Nadia Petrova, Mary Pierce, Gabriela Sabatini, Pam Shriver, Nathalie Tauziat, Wendy Turnbull
4. Sue Barker, Kimiko Date, Elena Dementieva, Jelena Dokic, Mary Joe Fernandez, Diane Fromholtz-Balestrat, Zina Garrison, Anke Huber, Claudia Kohde-Kilsch, Iva Majoli, Magdalena Maleeva, Helena Sukova
5. Rosie Casals, Anna Chakvetadze, Margaret Court, Jo Durie, Sylvia Hanika, Daniela Hantuchova, Kathy Jordan, Betty Stove, Natasha Zvereva
etc...Well done JJ. It seems almost all players reaching number 2 also win a slam. I hope this record continues.

Convoluted
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Andrea Jaeger retired like 2 weeks after she started playing so she doesn't count :p

The statistics say: either Jankovic wins a GS or she retired 2 years ago :D

hablo
Jun 16th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Not WTa but..
Kafelnikov got to number one in some point of 1999 and he was losing like 4 or 5 first rounds in a row :lol:

Edberg did this same thing in Miami 1992 getting to number one after losing in the first round of Miami :tape:

:speakles:

cocco80
Jun 16th, 2008, 10:22 PM
congrats JJ !!!

slamchamp
Jun 17th, 2008, 12:40 AM
wasn't she number 2 already?

Cp6uja
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:27 AM
Acording to "Career High Ranking" list, Jelena Jankovic obviously with her new career high ranking move from group players where winning slam (BLACK colored is slam winners, RED colored is players which never win slam so far) is exception to group where winning slam sometime in career is imply:

etc...Margaret Court on this list is with career high #5 ranking only because she is too old when WTA presented their first official rankings in 1975.

BTW did anybody else notice that Jelena first time in last three years have less than 25 tournaments in her 52-week record (she played 23 tournaments in last 12 months)??? And what is happen with her Ranking - she reach her career high rankings this week!!! So where is now all that stupid theories that JJ is good ranked only b/c played more tournaments than other TOP players??? I always claim that playing Mickey Mouse tournaments in many cases killed her performaces at bigger events and that about 30 tournaments per year is suicide nimber for TOP10 womans. This season Jelena played 11 tournaments before Wimbledon, but last season she played 17! About half of her 30 last season tournaments results is "corrupted" b/c she played like mad almost every week but this year she produce consistent results at all tournaments where she commit (except her needless road to Bangalore).

JELENA YEC POINTS BEFORE WIMBLEEDON:
2007: 2845pts from 17 tournaments (167 per tournament in average)
2008: 2505pts from 11 tournaments (228 per tournament in average)

and also she colapse in last part of 2007 season b/c she played too much and all her results after Beijing/07 is disaster.
This season she playing about 30% less and her results is about 30% better because she is less fatigue.

Craig.
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Wow, what an accomplishment, Jelena. Years of whining and overplaying finally got you somewhere. ;)

Seriously, congrats. Well .. uhhh.. ... ... deserved.. I guess? :p

jbeacinu
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:41 AM
win your slam this year please =]

Pasta-Na
Jun 17th, 2008, 04:09 AM
congratulations, ironwoman :p

InsideOut.
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Well done JJ. It seems almost all players reaching number 2 also win a slam. I hope this record continues.

There are lots more stats suggesting she should win one. From what I remember, people here have mentioned:
1. all players who have 3 or more Tier I's have won a Slam (and damn, LenaD lost the Berlin final because it would have been her third). JJ has Charleston and two Rome titles
2. all players who defended a Tier I title have won a Slam. JJ has defended Rome.