PDA

View Full Version : Who will get the last Wildcard for Wimbledon?

cn ireland
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I'd love to see Jelena Dokic get it but I think it'll go to Larcher De Brito or Brengle.

What does everyone else think?

Rui.
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I'd love to see Jelena Dokic get it but I think it'll go to Larcher De Brito or Brengle.

What does everyone else think?

:lol:

Michelle already received 3 WC's this year to events that are higher than the 75k ones...So she can't receive anymore...

Golovinjured.
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I think it will just go to the 1st alternate. It's been saved for a brit, if they were playing somewhere else, I think. If that's not the case then alt 1 will get it I think. Stupid Wimbledon!

cn ireland
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I think it will just go to the 1st alternate. It's been saved for a brit, if they were playing somewhere else, I think. If that's not the case then alt 1 will get it I think. Stupid Wimbledon!

Maybe i'm wrong but I just can't see that happening. They'll either give it to someone who has had good results at Wimbledon e.g. Dokic, Stevenson or Lucic or a young player with potential e.g. Brengle.

Geoffrey91
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM
So Olivia Sanchez could receive this last WC ??

It will be great.

Golovinjured.
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Maybe i'm wrong but I just can't see that happening. They'll either give it to someone who has had good results at Wimbledon e.g. Dokic, Stevenson or Lucic or a young player with potential e.g. Brengle.

I just think that if one of these players were to get it, it would have been announced already with the last 2 announcements...

cn ireland
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I just think that if one of these players were to get it, it would have been announced already with the last 2 announcements...

Yeah you're probably right but i'm still clinging on to a little bit of hope that Dokic might get it :).

Golovinjured.
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:36 PM
:lol:

I've given up hope :sad:

Hopefully I'll be MASSIVELY DELIGHTFULLY SURPRISED :):):):):):) lol

StephenUK
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:43 PM
My guess is that they were going to give it to Mattek but she got in through withdrawals.

One player that no-one has mentioned is Severine Bremond, who reached the quarter-final in 2006, though her form has not been good.

Golovinjured.
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM
You should make a poll!

a) Jelena Dokic
b) Alexandra Stevensen
c) Mirjana Lucic
d) Anna Lena Groenefeld
e) Kimiko Date
f) Larcher De Brito
g) Madison Brengle
h) Any Britishwoman
i) 1st Alternate
j) Other.. who

cn ireland
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM
My guess is that they were going to give it to Mattek but she got in through withdrawals.

One player that no-one has mentioned is Severine Bremond, who reached the quarter-final in 2006, though her form has not been good.

I think you could be on to something about Bremond, I totally forgot about her reaching the QF 2 years ago.

Alicia Rocks
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Didn't Stosur get the last one or was there one more? :lol:

JAMESYBABY!
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:50 PM
other brit:)

cn ireland
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Didn't Stosur get the last one or was there one more? :lol:

There's one more still to be announced.

Europe rocks
Jun 15th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Probably go to either Dokic, Date or possibly Black. The AELTC have always had a thing for her :shrug:

mckyle.
Jun 15th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Probably go to either Dokic, Date or possibly Black. The AELTC have always had a thing for her :shrug:

I believe the Black family is well-known in the tennis circles. Plus, I believe she's accomplished a lot on grass in the past.

Just Do It
Jun 15th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Why 1st alt ? Wouldnt be better to save one QWC to 1st alt ? :shrug:

shirley
Jun 15th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I'd love to see Jelena get it

Dawson.
Jun 15th, 2008, 04:31 PM
i've said this in all the threads, but i think laura robson should get it, but it won't happen. it wont go to another brit girl as all the QWC are brit girls.

i saw someone mention ALG, interesting as i completely forgot about her! i think it is possible

but they are more likey to waste it on cara black again :ras:

Willam
Jun 15th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Milagros Sequera as 1st in Q :shrug:

ASP0315
Jun 15th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Brenda ;)

mckyle.
Jun 15th, 2008, 04:47 PM
i've said this in all the threads, but i think laura robson should get it, but it won't happen. it wont go to another brit girl as all the QWC are brit girls.

i saw someone mention ALG, interesting as i completely forgot about her! i think it is possible

but they are more likey to waste it on cara black again :ras:

the two times they have given her a wildcard she's either made the third round or given a top ten player a tough match so i don't think they've "wasted" any wild cards on her.