PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic got 10 million $ from Yonex

Seles&Dokic
Jun 15th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I just read in the serbian news paper that ANA recieved $10 million after she became #1 in the world...

apperently, it was in her contract with Yonex, if she reached #1 before the end of 2008, she would get her "bouns" which is $ 10 fucking million....on top of what she was already making from them....
Im trying to find it on line, but i cant find it yet... i heard this on the national TV news yesterday too...
I hope she puts it to good use....:)

Nikkiri
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:50 AM
:bolt:

powerbackhand
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:50 AM
well done ana
starting to make mega bucks

Slutati
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Rich bitch:hearts::(

Josh.
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Jesus. :eek:

fleur137
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:12 AM
wow! :eek:

Dave.
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Go Ana :banana:

morningglory
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:58 AM
$$$$$$$$ Cha-ching! :drool:

spiritedenergy
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:04 AM
old news. Still :worship:

Dodoboy.
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:15 AM
wow!

I knew she would get some kind of massive bonus!

Well done Ana!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Forbes, you're gonna record her in the rich list now..... ARE YOU? :angel:

austennis
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:48 AM
yay ana well done hope u use it to set urself up and look after under priviliged ppl ..well done

goldlion
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:02 AM
As in American dollars? Then she can quit tennis now. Why does she have to work that hard from now onwards since the money she gets can already cover her spendings in the future.

Tennis90
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Wooowww....
^she wants to work hard because she loves tennis!!!

Renalicious
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Lol they probably never thought she would, with Justine still around in 2007.

Selah
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Somebody over there didn't think her becoming number before 2008 ended was possible. lol

Nikkiri
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM
:bigcry:

:cuckoo: :tape:

Cp6uja
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Serbian press is not trusty source :tape: and i think its only suppostition and nothing else. I even read in "Blic" (http://www.blic.co.yu/sport.php?id=45605) (certain source in comparation with others) that Ana YONEX contract now worth more than 70 millions $$$ :tape::tape::tape: which is simple not serious.

What i know about Ana Yonex contract is that she sign 4 year deal at begining of this season and if she reach #1 before start of 2010 season (which she already do) whole deal will be more than 10M$ worth - not that she will reach 10M+ extra bonus payment in week when reach #1. My personal suppostition is that she will reach about 10M+10M from Yonex (10M contract + 10M maximum of bonuses) in next 4 years plus maybe some extra paid b/c she will probably become new Yonex "corporative face" despite fact that she use only Yonex racquets (without clothing and shoes like Hewitt, Nalbandian, Dementieva...). BTW her contracts with Adidas is also depending on her results and now since she is #1 and slam winner worths (much?) more than month before.

Adal
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:48 AM
:cuckoo: :tape:
:hehehe:

Kworb
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Wow. :eek: I hope she sends Justine a thank you card, because she'd never have accomplished this without her retirement.

No Name Face
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:52 AM
She should send half of it to Justine.
Or at least buy her a yacht.
Or pay for her valtrex :tape: :tape:

Costanza
Jun 15th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Serbian press is not trusty source :tape: and i think its only suppostition and nothing else. I even read in "Blic" (http://www.blic.co.yu/sport.php?id=45605) (certain source in comparation with others) that Ana YONEX contract now worth more than 70 millions $$$ :tape::tape::tape: which is simple not serious.

What i know about Ana Yonex contract is that she sign 4 year deal at begining of this season and if she reach #1 before start of 2010 season (which she already do) whole deal will be more than 10M$ worth - not that she will reach 10M+ extra bonus payment in week when reach #1. My personal suppostition is that she will reach about 10M+10M from Yonex (10M contract + 10M maximum of bonuses) in next 4 years plus maybe some extra paid b/c she will probably become new Yonex "corporative face" despite fact that she use only Yonex racquets (without clothing and shoes like Hewitt, Nalbandian, Dementieva...). BTW her contracts with Adidas is also depending on her results and now since she is #1 and slam winner worths (much?) more than month before.

I think that 70m$(35m euros) for 4 years is quite possible.Ana gets 3 million euros(4.5m$) from Verano Motors in Serbia,basically just for photo shooting.

InsideOut.
Jun 15th, 2008, 12:07 PM
She should send half of it to Justine.
Or at least buy her a yacht.
Or pay for her valtrex :tape: :tape:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::hysteric:

Cp6uja
Jun 15th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I think that 70m$(35m euros) for 4 years is quite possible.Ana gets 3 million euros(4.5m$) from Verano Motors in Serbia,basically just for photo shooting.Verano Motors contract is for 3 years (that means 1.5M$ per year) and its not only for "couple photo shooting" - Ana promote Peugeot in Serbia (which Verano represent here) and their "Zira" hypermarkets. And when we talking about her photoshoots for Verano she make for them 10 time more photo-shoots in last 30 weeks than for Adidas in last 30 months!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 15th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Verano Motors contract is for 3 years (that means 1.5M$ per year) and its not only for "couple photo shooting" - Ana promote Peugeot in Serbia (which Verano represent here) and their "Zira" hypermarkets. And when we talking about her photoshoots for Verano she make for them 10 time more photo-shoots in last 30 weeks than for Adidas in last 30 months!

Any videos of that?

miffedmax
Jun 15th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Hopefully this will inspire Lena D. to leave in a huff of jealousy so we can see her with decent togs and a real racket.

Tennisstar86
Jun 15th, 2008, 02:08 PM
hrmm...seems they over paid... #1 doesnt compare to slams..... id think she'd get more for winning a slam than getting to #1....

RenaSlam.
Jun 15th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Wow.

Direwolf
Jun 15th, 2008, 04:35 PM
i wonder how much
Venus is gonna get from EleVen
if she wins a grandslam
or get to number 1?

felipe2004
Jun 15th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Wow, she should give $1 milion to Justine! :)

spiritedenergy
Jun 15th, 2008, 05:58 PM
i wonder how much
Venus is gonna get from EleVen
if she wins a grandslam
or get to number 1?

kidding right?:lol:

Costanza
Jun 15th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Any videos of that?

http://i31.tinypic.com/293y79k.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/k9vv39.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/657byq.jpg
Some images,Ana made for Verano:hearts:

papatennis82
Jun 15th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Wow! Well she can thank Justine with a nice Rolex. ;)

Direwolf
Jun 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM
WOW
i just noticed that Anas got
huge hands and legs

jazar
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:24 PM
it'll be worth it when yonex sell $10 million worth of the racket she endorses

serenus_2k8
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:29 PM
No disrespect, but it takes a lot more than that to convince me to buy Yonex :o

I really dont like the brand.

valley girl
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:34 PM
If only Ana should as much commitment as the poor children who worked in the sweat factory to make her tennis products did :rolleyes:

jazar
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:40 PM

though her racket is a very good playing racket, very few people buy it and that trend will, undoubtedly, continue

spiritedenergy
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:41 PM
If only Ana should as much commitment as the poor children who worked in the sweat factory to make her tennis products did :rolleyes:

:tape:

SV_Fan
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:43 PM
:bolt: yonex

Julian
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:58 PM
No wonder her section were cheering so loud! haha

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:36 PM

She can go shopping or anywhere with me... ANYTIME! :kiss::hearts::drool:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:37 PM

She can go shopping or anywhere with me... ANYTIME! :drool::kiss::hearts:

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Wow. :eek: I hope she sends Justine a thank you card, because she'd never have accomplished this without her retirement.

justine was in a slump. she would have done it anyway you dumb prick.

Il Primo!
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:52 PM

She actually looks hot this time! She'd be fabulous if she had charisma, some personality and a brain. Too bad.

drake3781
Jun 16th, 2008, 12:13 AM

... and maybe a gift card or something. :p

WOW
i just noticed that Anas got
huge hands and legs

I keep reading this observation from various people.
So I took a look... her hands are not pretty and dainty, that is for sure... they look sort of puffy and roundish.
Not sure I would say huge, though.
Her upper legs look a bit puffy too.
Is that what you see or what do you mean by huge hands and legs?

You mean the racquet (Yonex) or the clothes/shoes (Adidas)? Where are her products made? I'm pretty sure Adidas is monitoring conditions in the factories; don't know if Yonex would do so as much since it is Japanese... or maybe they monitor a lot. What makes you think children are making these products in sweat shops?

though her racket is a very good playing racket, very few people buy it and that trend will, undoubtedly, continue
Which model does she use?

I demoed one Yonex and liked it a lot but I don't think any pro is using that model. (RQS 22)

I'm not convinced Ana would have taken over #1 from Justine in 2008; am I a dumb prick? All of us who are not convinced of that? :weirdo: You having a bad day or something?

She actually looks hot this time! She'd be fabulous if she had charisma, some personality and a brain. Too bad.

There are plenty of people who are attracted to her "baby grown up" act. We will have to deal with it, because we are only going to see more and more of her.

Dawson.
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:14 AM
:eek: :yippee: :bowdown: :yeah: :rocker2: :banana: :inlove: :bigclap: :bounce: :D :worship:

rjd1111
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:40 AM
I just read in the serbian news paper that ANA recieved $10 million after she became #1 in the world...

apperently, it was in her contract with Yonex, if she reached #1 before the end of 2008, she would get her "bouns" which is $ 10 fucking million....on top of what she was already making from them....
Im trying to find it on line, but i cant find it yet... i heard this on the national TV news yesterday too...
I hope she puts it to good use....:)

If she does well at Wimby Larry may thro Pova to the wolves

and embrace a new " It Girl "

Lets see which one gets the cremepuff draw.

The fact that Ana isn't blonde may hurt her.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 16th, 2008, 01:57 AM

You're not trying to compare Ana with Maria again, are you?

She might not have much charisma, but she does have personality... and a brain.

Nice try, Il Primo Uomo :wavey:

doni1212
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:17 AM
You're not trying to compare Ana with Maria again, are you?

She might not have much charisma, but she does have personality... and a brain.

Nice try, Il Primo Uomo :wavey:

:worship::worship::worship:
About time somebody shut him the fuck up, :rolleyes:

esquímaux
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Cha-ching baby!!!

debopero
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:32 AM
The new "It" girl .

Tennisstar86
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:04 AM

more than likely not..... Even withdrawing her name Justine would still be #1 right now without her RG points....so had she played and even won a couple rounds she'd be in a great position to keep it till the US Open... and Sharapova with a 3rd and 4th round at those tournaments plus a pitiful fall would/ and prolly will more than likely end this year as #1 and since Justine more than likely would have held it till at elast August even given her slump (remember she made the quarters of the AO even in a slump.....) no ana prolly never would have gotten to #1 in 08....

lowdowndirty
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:20 AM
She could buy and sell my arse.

If you're reading Ana, and you ever need a butler or a slave... get in touch!! :hearts:

Danči Dementia
Jun 16th, 2008, 03:37 AM
There are plenty of people who are attracted to her "baby grown up" act. We will have to deal with it, because we are only going to see more and more of her.

:worship: :worship:

The fact that Ana isn't blonde may hurt her
:rolleyes: when is people going to lear that NOT EVERYBODY is obsessed with the blond girls????..

Polikarpov
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:29 AM

Many people get turned off by Yonex's Isometric (frying pan) shape so it's no surprise.

Yonex has one of the best quality control of all the racquet brands though -- everything looks finished and well-made. In my experience, Wilson has the worst quality control because they are very inconsistent with the specs listed in the racquet.

mapaliey
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Many people get turned off by Yonex's Isometric (frying pan) shape so it's no surprise.

Yonex has one of the best quality control of all the racquet brands though -- everything looks finished and well-made. In my experience, Wilson has the worst quality control because they are very inconsistent with the specs listed in the racquet.
yonex monopoly badminton racquet........:lol:
@ spiritedenergy...pls grow up.......

Zébulon
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I'll never understand why top players bother advertize stuff like watches, clothes, cars or coffee when they already make tons of $$$$ winning tournaments and are also paid a lot just to wear their tennis gear. :( Ridiculous.

mapaliey
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:39 PM
too bad she'll drop from #1 after grass season......

Cp6uja
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I'll never understand why top players bother advertize stuff like watches, clothes, cars or coffee when they already make tons of $$$$ winning tournaments and are also paid a lot just to wear their tennis gear. :( Ridiculous.Ask Sharapova which 3 seasons in the row reach about 2-2.5 millions of tournaments prizes and about 20-25 millions from advertasing.

schorsch
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Ivanovic was lucky Hingis retired last year otherwise they wouldnt have been able to give her such a contract anyway, so say thanx to Martina Ana -_-

I miss Martina, hoped to see a match of hers in Liverpool, but I dont think anyone upped anything :sad:

hankqq
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:03 PM

oh Ana!!!:hearts::worship::D:hearts::worship::D

Tennisstar86
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I'll never understand why top players bother advertize stuff like watches, clothes, cars or coffee when they already make tons of $$$$ winning tournaments and are also paid a lot just to wear their tennis gear. :( Ridiculous.

Because they're ensuring their futures.... not like athlete's careers continue on much past 30 (except golf) and most of the players on tour dont make a million a year.... only a select few do it. And lets be honest once they stop playing its not like many of them are actually educated to do something post their career except maybe become an announcer for the sport.

You also gotta think of the other players who arent winning that get endorsements etc...who arent really winning so they depend on these....and if they're depending on these endorsements to stay on tour while working other jobs you really expect a Ana or a Maria or a Venus Serena, Davenport etc... to be being paid the same amount as them to do endorsements for the same product, when lets face it Serena holding a nike headband will sell a lot faster than Hantuchova holding it. For instance...

bwahahahahaha
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Ana has man hands :scared: but still a pretty girl :kiss:

hankqq
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:23 PM

Money money money!!

If you had the chance to make a $5 million, or make $30 million, which would you choose? Frankly, I would call any player who turned down all these endorsement opportunities a fool. Are there any examples of athletes or even entertainers who turned down chances to make even more money?

Tennisstar86
Jun 17th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Money money money!!

If you had the chance to make a $5 million, or make $30 million, which would you choose? Frankly, I would call any player who turned down all these endorsement opportunities a fool. Are there any examples of athletes or even entertainers who turned down chances to make even more money?

Im sure there are some instances where an athlete turned some endorsement deal down that they did not believe in...

Junex
Jun 17th, 2008, 06:38 AM

have justine not retired....?
not a chance!

Remember that even winning Rg and justine not participating in it, she still almost 400 points short of justine's ranking points.
And I do beleive that have justine played RG, even in her poor form, she can well defend her title!

So yes, she need to thank justine for that bonus!!!
A donation to justine's charity would be alright............

martinahfan
Jun 17th, 2008, 01:20 PM
martina hingis 's endosement whit adidas its was $30 million for 5 years , and more with yonex and omega
and in 2007 an swiss economics newspaper estimate martina endorsement at $19 million for 2007
also is normal for ana to win much because she is the n° 1 wta

schorsch
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:29 PM
martina hingis 's endosement whit adidas its was $30 million for 5 years , and more with yonex and omega
and in 2007 an swiss economics newspaper estimate martina endorsement at $19 million for 2007
also is normal for ana to win much because she is the n° 1 wta

Yeah, sure. But the point is that Yonex only was able to take in Ana, because they had an open investment/sponsor slot. And Martina left a big one there up for grabs...

Dexter
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah, sure. But the point is that Yonex only was able to take in Ana, because they had an open investment/sponsor slot. And Martina left a big one there up for grabs...Thanks God Steffi retired, otherwise Ana wouldn't be able to have a FH like she has.
THANK YOU STEFFI LOVE YA!!!!!!! <<<<33333333 :worship::bounce::inlove::wavey:

d_crawford3
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:43 PM
:tennis:although i am a sharapova fan, i'm very happy 4 ana great job, u go girl!!!"lol"

Beat
Jun 17th, 2008, 02:52 PM

wow, those are some awful, cheap, badly-lit photos.

DA FOREHAND
Jun 17th, 2008, 03:32 PM
more than likely not..... Even withdrawing her name Justine would still be #1 right now without her RG points....so had she played and even won a couple rounds she'd be in a great position to keep it till the US Open... and Sharapova with a 3rd and 4th round at those tournaments plus a pitiful fall would/ and prolly will more than likely end this year as #1 and since Justine more than likely would have held it till at elast August even given her slump (remember she made the quarters of the AO even in a slump.....) no ana prolly never would have gotten to #1 in 08....

get over it she quit! she couldn't hack it any longer. she was gettign force fed bagels.

GO Ana GO

spiritedenergy
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks God Steffi retired, otherwise Ana wouldn't be able to have a FH like she has.
THANK YOU STEFFI LOVE YA!!!!!!! <<<<33333333 :worship::bounce::inlove::wavey:

:haha:

The new haters' strategy for the following years: "Ana should thank Justine/Martina/whoever!!!!!!1". Pathetic.:tape::help:

slamchamp
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks God Steffi retired, otherwise Ana wouldn't be able to have a FH like she has.
THANK YOU STEFFI LOVE YA!!!!!!! <<<<33333333 :worship::bounce::inlove::wavey::unsure: ... anyway she looks good in the pictures(omg I can't believe I said that:tape: )

Slutati
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:52 PM
:unsure: ... anyway she looks good in the pictures(omg I can't believe I said that:tape: )
OMG, is that really you:eek::p

slamchamp
Jun 18th, 2008, 12:09 AM
OMG, is that really you:eek::pI know!:sad: ..am I gona be able to sleep this night?who knows..

Marshmallow
Jun 18th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Go Ana :banana:

Why :banana:, is she giving you a share? :tape:

But congrats to her. :D

Craig.
Jun 18th, 2008, 02:34 AM
:eek: Highest paid female athlete?

Whoops no, that position belongs to Maria. :p

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 18th, 2008, 02:36 AM
get over it she quit! she couldn't hack it any longer. she was gettign force fed bagels.

GO Ana GO

"Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated" - George Bernard Shaw

sasha&tennis
Jun 18th, 2008, 03:29 AM
:eek: Highest paid female athlete?

Whoops no, that position belongs to Maria. :p
That's only known because she is the only one putting her business in the street. But Ana is almost there and Sharapova can feel the heat.

Miranda
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:24 AM
sorry, don't believe that she got this figure, its not very possible, she got $10 million by just winning one slam, how about 5, $200 million? Yonex will be bankrupt right?

Pasta-Na
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:43 AM
what is yonex anyway? :shrug:

Miranda
Jun 18th, 2008, 08:04 AM
a company selling tennis racket :wavey:
what is yonex anyway? :shrug: