PDA

View Full Version : Marina has the Jankovic syndrome...loses 3rd straight SF to Katya Bondarenko 6-3 6-2

The Kaz
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Marina :( Big chance wasted....

Well Done Katya.

FORZA SARITA
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Marina:hug:

roelc
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:06 PM
too bad :(

but great tournament again from marina!

kittyking
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
:crying2: Nothing went well today for Marina!

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
:(

Alicia Rocks
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Katya :hearts: Playing awesome, take the title now :banana:

Marina/Kitty :hug:

daniela86
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Marina :sad: :sad: but I'm sure she will bounce back :rocker2: :rocker2:
Congrats Katya :)

Dexter
Just wasn't Marina's day today, she was missing too many easy shots.
Congrats Katya. :)

*Jool*
:hug: Marina, but still a good tournament . good luck in Ordina Open qualies
Katya seems to love grass ! she won th junior ttle in Wimbledon some years ago , didn't she?
and now this great week ...

kittyking
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Marina :sad: :sad: but I'm sure she will bounce back :rocker2: :rocker2:
Congrats Katya :)

Marina's never lost in a WTA Quarterfinal (despite versing the likes of Vera Zvonareva and Alona Bondarenko), but had lost in a total of 3 WTA Semifinals now. Jelena Jankovic Syndrome 101 :o

kittyking
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Katya seems to love grass ! she won th junior ttle in Wimbledon some years ago , didn't she?

Marina was twice runner up with Monica Niculescu in juniors :tape:

Epigone
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Katya :woohoo:

Her serve stayed strong :yeah:

Another great win :cool:

I hope that she will take the title :dance:

terjw
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:14 PM
:worship: Katya. Revenge for Marina defeating your sister. Having seen Marina yesterday - I am surprised at the score. Her game seems made for grass and I thought she'd go on to win the title.
I do hope Katya wins the title tomorrow.

Dave.
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Marina's never lost in a WTA Quarterfinal (despite versing the likes of Vera Zvonareva and Alona Bondarenko), but had lost in a total of 3 WTA Semifinals now. Jelena Jankovic Syndrome 101 :o

:hug:

Still, at least she's getting to all these semis rather than losing earlier. :yeah:

Slutiana
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:16 PM
:banana:

.Andrew.
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Katya. :yeah:
She must've learned from her sister's loss yesterday. :lol:

Marina. :awww: :hug: Good luck at the Netherlands. ;)

InsideOut.
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:52 PM

Yes Katya did win junior Wimbledon, defeating Ana Ivanovic in the final :tape::mad: Just shows you that juniors don't mean that much :lol:

incognito
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Jankovic syndrome? You're seriously comparing a tier 3 SF loss with Jankovic losing a GS SF? :spit:

Poova
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Yes Katya did win junior Wimbledon, defeating Ana Ivanovic in the final :tape::mad: Just shows you that juniors don't mean that much :lol:
Well she did beat Ana in Stuttgart last year as well. :p

Hashim.
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Marina:bigcry:

InsideOut.
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Well she did beat Ana in Stuttgart last year as well. :p

Please don't remind me of that error-fest. :tears:

Minotaur
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I don't get what this syndrome is about.

In fact Katya was patient enough from baseline and it resulted in her win.

Marina was just spraying shots all around whethere the number of shots in rally had increased.

I guess it's not a secret any more that Marina will struggle against the players that can keep a ball in play, as she prefers to finish points short.

Reminds me of Krajicek somehow.

kittyking
Jun 15th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I don't get what this syndrome is about.

In fact Katya was patient enough from baseline and it resulted in her win.

Marina was just spraying shots all around whethere the number of shots in rally had increased.

I guess it's not a secret any more that Marina will struggle against the players that can keep a ball in play, as she prefers to finish points short.

Reminds me of Krajicek somehow.

I would argue that you are wrong there. Jelena Jankovic's biggest weapon imo is her defensive skills, she can retrieve balls from practically anywhere! Yet this match was quite a tough one in the end.

The Kaz
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I would argue that you are wrong there. Jelena Jankovic's biggest weapon imo is her defensive skills, she can retrieve balls from practically anywhere! Yet this match was quite a tough one in the end.

I think he meant Marina ;)

kittyking
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:07 AM
I think he meant Marina ;)

Um, no I mean Jelena Jankovic.

Minotaur said that Marina Erakovic will struggle against a player who can keep a ball in play - Imo Jelena Jankovic is the best at this, and the fact that Marina was able to play pretty well against her at Roland Garros shows that Marina is indeed good at playing against defensive players :)

The Kaz
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Um, no I mean Jelena Jankovic.

Minotaur said that Marina Erakovic will struggle against a player who can keep a ball in play - Imo Jelena Jankovic is the best at this, and the fact that Marina was able to play pretty well against her at Roland Garros shows that Marina is indeed good at playing against defensive players :)

Oh ok lol :lol: I didnt understand that you meant her match against Jankovic, not Jankovic herself.