PDA

View Full Version : A Career in Tennis

hyuj
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:27 AM
hey everoyne how are you all:)

I have a few question since I'm new to tennis:

1. That teenage Japanese player kei nishikori, made me realize, how did he enter the competition, artois championship? Did he get recommended by his coach, or he thinks he is good enough and decided to enter the comp?

2. Is it true only 1st (winner) and 2nd (runner-up) players get paid? so from 3rd onwards they dont get paid if they lose?

Thanks for reading:wavey:

ce
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:28 AM
:spit:

o my sweet child you need help in tennis :lol:

Brett.
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM
What The.........................? :haha:

Didn't you read the rules where we can't talk about atp/male players?

Elwin.
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:47 AM
:spit:

Watching
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Well you guys are helpful. He has been recognized as having potential for awhile hyuj and they sent him to Bolliteri Academy which is famous. Then he won alot of junior tournaments and got his ipin to enter Future and atp tournaments. So far he has gained enough points to go through qualifying at the Stella Artois and made some headway in the maindraw. At that level you can't get in on recommendation.

Ksenia.
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Some of you guys need :help:
He's new to foum and tennis (we all were), why mock him?

MisterMan
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:25 AM
All the players get prize money from pro level tournaments. The further you get in a tournament, the more money you get ! You even get money for entering a pro tournament and losing in the first round.

Not just 'anybody' can enter a tournament.

hyuj
Jun 22nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
thanks people who are helpful.

So @misterman, u even get money for entering a prestigious tournament and lose in the first round? I never knew that.

So to make sure, What is the first step a player should take to become a pro? Does the coach have to recommend him/send him to a comp? is that the only way?

THanks once again ppl