PDA

View Full Version : History Books Report: Current #1,#2,TOP10… in terms of ages, looks & nationality

Cp6uja
Jun 14th, 2008, 08:55 AM
In August 11 of 2003 Kim Clijsters reach #1 and month later (september 7), after winning USO/2003 Justine Henin reach #2 so Belgium become 2nd country (after USA) which have #1 and #2 ranked player at WTA in same time. Next week when Jelena Jankovic will overtake Maria Sharapova at #2 spot Serbia will become 3rd country in WTA history with both TOP2 players in same time.

Back to september 2003 when Kim is #1 and Justine #2 to notice one big achivment. When Daniela Hantuchova drop from TOP10 in september 21 of 2003 first time in WTA history is happen that youngest player in TOP10 (Clijsters in that time) is WTA#1 and 2nd youngest TOP10 player (Henin) is #2. 5 weeks after that Justine overtake Kim but next week Kim back to #1 next 2 weeks before Henin finaly overtake her for long time. When Maria Sharapova like youngest TOP10 player reach #1 in august of 2005 she must wait to Clijsters (2nd youngest TOP10 player in that time) to overtake Davenport at #2 and that happen in october 16, just week before Lindsay after winning Zurich overtake they both. That means this week when Ana Ivanovic is #1 like youngest TOP10 player right now, and Maria Sharapova is #2 like current 2nd youngest TOP10 player is just 9th week in WTA ranking history when two youngest TOP10 players is in same time TOP2 (in #1, #2 order). Before Kim, Maria and Ana - Tracy Austin, Steffy Graf and Martina Hingis is also become #1 like youngest TOP10 players in their #1 era but 2nd youngest TOP10 player in that time never reach #2 (atleast week). Especialy is interesting Hingis#1/Davenport#2 case when about 100 weeks member of TOP10 is only one player younger than Lindsay (Iva Majoli, and just couple weeks before she down from TOP10 Venus join TOP10 club). Also i have some problems reconstruct week by week Mandlikova rankings in July of 1980. She is for sure played like TOP10 player and 7th seed at RG/80 and at USO/80 she is 9th seed and Andrea Jeager is 8th seed (both younger than Navratilova). But at Wimbledon Mandlikova is 9th seed and exist litle hope that she is maybe drop from TOP10 after Wimbledon and than comeback before USO. In that case (which i realy doubt) we have couple weeks in summer of 1980 when Tracy Austin ls youngest WTA TOP10 and #1 and Martina Navratilova 2nd youngest and #2.

At end i want to remind also on one my thread all who agree that Ana Ivanovic and Maria Sharapova is two best looking active (with rankings) tennis players at the moment. This and last week according to official WTA site 1101 womans is placed on WTA list (have rankings). Last week #1 is Maria, #2 is Ana and this week #1 is Ana, #2 is Maria - so if you agree that this two is best looking active WTA girls this week OR previous week is happen that best looking girl of 1101 active WTA players is #1 ranked and second best looking out of 1101 active is #2 ranked. Probability that best looking of 1101 active WTA girls will be #1 and 2nd best #2 at WTA list is 1 of 1.211.100 !!! But if you not agree that this two is best in looks department please forget about last paragraph - because nothing is happen.

Next "historical" achivment depending on Vera Zonareva. For Vera will be probably enough to reach SF in Eastbourne to replace Daniela Hantuchova from Slovakia in TOP10 next week (Bartoli also have some chances) which means that only three countries (Russia, Serbia and USA) will have TOP10 players during this Wimbledon. Same thing is close to happen at 1st half of 2005 (for Russia, USA and France) after big injury problems of two Belgian stars, but Alicia Molik reach TOP10 just when she need to prevent that (between AO/05 and Wimby/05). If this "3 countries own TOP10" happen it will be for first time in WTA history.

ce
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:08 AM
i am soooo proud :hearts: :sobbing:

pigmalion
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:25 AM
It was an incredible achievement for a little country like Belgium. Congrats to Serbia :yeah:

Cp6uja
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:40 PM
This thread is about this week, previous week and next week in WTA history (and probably week after Eastbourne if Vera reach TOP10). But i want to notice another one possibility - if Serena Williams reach #1 this season that will be biggest #1 comeback in WTA history. She will back at #1 after more than 250 weeks (current record is Chris Evert comeback in june 1985 after june of 1982 - after about 150 weeks).

BTW if Serena or Jelena or Sveta or anybody else (except Henin, Sharapova and Ivanovic) reach #1 atleast for week this season 2008 will be 3rd year in Open Era history (since official rank exist) when more than 3 different players reach #1.

But like seems right now - Sharapova and Ivanovic will not permit this achivments.

Cp6uja
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Next "historical" achivment depending on Vera Zonareva. For Vera will be probably enough to reach QF in Eastbourne to replace Daniela Hantuchova from Slovakia in TOP10 next week (Bartoli also have some chances) which means that only three countries (Russia, Serbia and USA) will have TOP10 players during this Wimbledon. Same thing is close to happen at 1st half of 2005 (for Russia, USA and France) after big injury problems of two Belgian stars, but Alicia Molik reach TOP10 just when she need to prevent that (between AO/05 and Wimby/05). If this "3 countries own TOP10" happen it will be for first time in WTA history.I have mistake here... Zvonareva needs actualy SF (not QF) to overtake Hantuchova. For this calculations i cut-off dani Rosmalen SF from last year but forget to add her next "17th best" result (that is reason for mistake). So i will edit now OP.

BTW all which i notice about Ana#1 and Maria#2, Ana#2 and Maria#1, and Ana#1 and Jelena#2 now is officialy part of WTA history!

Wiggly
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Paragrahs 1,2 and 4 are very interesting. :worship:
Like I said before, the looks doesn't coudn in history books and maybe the girl ranked #956 is the hottest girl on Earth.

Slutiana
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:11 PM
aNa!!11!!!!1
This thread is about this week, previous week and next week in WTA history (and probably week after Eastbourne if Vera reach TOP10). But i want to notice another one possibility - if Serena Williams reach #1 this season that will be biggest #1 comeback in WTA history. She will back at #1 after more than 250 weeks (current record is Chris Evert comeback in june 1985 after june of 1982 - after about 150 weeks).

BTW if Serena or Jelena or Sveta or anybody else (except Henin, Sharapova and Ivanovic) reach #1 atleast for week this season 2008 will be 3rd year in Open Era history (since official rank exist) when more than 3 different players reach #1.

But like seems right now - Sharapova and Ivanovic will not permit this achivments.

I love how you missed out Venus. ;) How long would it be if Venus got to world no.1 this year?

Mileen
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:16 PM
thanks for these interesting stats!

Cp6uja
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Like I said before, the looks doesn't coudn in history books and maybe the girl ranked #956 is the hottest girl on Earth.
:bs::bs::bs:
;) ;) ;)

OK if you not agree with "majority taste" in this case, but belive me in this modern time of global media, internet and "looks obsession" if some unknown WTA girl in looks department is realy from Sharapova, Ivanovic or Kournikova league - no mater which is her career-high ranking we will know about her for sure. But like i say - paragraph 3 is interesting only for people which agree that Ana and Maria is current TOP2 "best looking" (no mater in which order) pro-WTA girls.

aNa!!11!!!!1

I love how you missed out Venus. ;) How long would it be if Venus got to world no.1 this year?Sorry, but despite fact that difference between Serena and Venus at current WTA list is just 70 pts chances to Venus to reach #1 again this year is not existing because she defend Wimbledon win and USO SF from last season. On other hand Serena defending only QFx2 (950pts less than sister) which means with one of this two slam wins and good result at other Serena chances to overtake Sharapova, Ivanovic and others is good and "existing". Serena is currently #4 at Race and Venus #15!

-NAJ-
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Serbia is 3rd country in WTA history with both TOP2 players in same time.
:worship:

Tennis in Serbia is very popular because Ana and Jelena.
Novak, Ana, Jelena made tennis revolution in our country.
children and people are crazed about tennis.
tennis schools don't have enough place to receive all children.

Serbian Tennis Association will soon make big Nacional Tennis Acadamy olso Novak Djokovic will make big Tennis Academy in Belgrade and Kragujevac

I hope that new generations will come and be more successful, because they will have better conditions.

Slutiana
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:37 PM
;) ;) ;)

OK if you not agree with "majority taste" in this case, but belive me in this modern time of global media, internet and "looks obsession" if some unknown WTA girl in looks department is realy from Sharapova, Ivanovic or Kournikova league - no mater which is her career-high ranking we will know about her for sure. But like i say - paragraph 3 is interesting only for people which agree that Ana and Maria is current TOP2 "best looking" (no mater in which order) pro-WTA girls.

Sorry, but despite fact that difference between Serena and Venus at current WTA list is just 70 pts chances to Venus to reach #1 again this year is not existing because she defend Wimbledon win and USO SF from last season. On other hand Serena defending only QFx2 (950pts less than sister) which means with one of this two slam wins and good result at other Serena chances to overtake Sharapova, Ivanovic and others is good and "existing". Serena is currently #4 at Race and Venus #15!
Fine... I'll rephrase it, how long will it be when Venus gets to number one after winning 2009 AO? :p

©@®eLess
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:45 PM
the fact Jelena cuts down no. of tournaments is unbelievable! "Only" 23 tournies! An the fact that after Beijing she has almost nothinh to defend is pure joy! Although she has finals in Canada and Beijing....but apart from that....Go get that no.1 JJ!!!!!!!!!

Danči Dementia
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Congrats to Serbia :worship:

vadin124
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Paragrahs 1,2 and 4 are very interesting. :worship:

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/79139039.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1933EFCA68202373038AEE0F0A47B990D0C 284831B75F48EF45

this girl, Jade Hopper, is ranked #956...and you're right, she is quite hot! :hearts:

Cp6uja
Jun 16th, 2008, 09:47 PM
:worship:

Tennis in Serbia is very popular because Ana and Jelena.
Novak, Ana, Jelena made tennis revolution in our country.
children and people are crazed about tennis.
tennis schools don't have enough place to receive all children.

Serbian Tennis Association will soon make big Nacional Tennis Acadamy olso Novak Djokovic will make big Tennis Academy in Belgrade and Kragujevac

I hope that new generations will come and be more successful, because they will have better conditions.Better conditions garantee us only that we will produce much more TOP100-TOP200 players than in past - but for TOP20 league players nothing is garantee for anybody (including Serbia).

I hope we will not finish at end like one other 10M size country and golden era - Sweden :help: :help: :help:.
They have one of best player of all times Bjorn Borg like we have Monica Seles. Next Sweden generation which grow in time of Borg big popularity have several great players like Edberg and Wilander with Jarrid, Norman, Enquist... - like Serbia have now Djokovic, Ivanovic, Jankovic with Tipsarevic, Zimonjic...

But which player Sweden have now??? Only Soderling and old T.Johansson (plus Arvidsson from WTA) is TOP100 and nobody is TOP40 :help: :help: :help:

So i'm afraid that when Ivanovic and Jankovic retire we will celebrate when our players from next generation like Wickmayerovic and Flipkensovic will reach tier-III and ITF-75K finals in same week :tape: :tape: :tape:

Fine... I'll rephrase it, how long will it be when Venus gets to number one after winning 2009 AO? :pLast time Venus is #1 exactly 6 years ago (midle of 2002, which means before more than 300 weeks). BTW it's maybe paradox but despite fact that sisters will be year older in 2009 it will be best chance for them to reach #1 since 2004 with theirs reduced shedule! It's because 2009 WTA calender-shedule reform when will be 4 slams and 4 other mandatoy big events (+ YEC at end). So next season to reach #1 will be enough to play just about 10 tournaments, not about 15 like in past, which give sisters much better chances and also give reasons two Belgium girls to thinking about their comeback!

mal
Jun 16th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Better conditions garantee us only that we will produce much more TOP100-TOP200 players than in past - but for TOP20 league players nothing is garantee for anybody (including Serbia).

- like Serbia have now Djokovic, Ivanovic, Jankovic with Tipsarevic, Zimonjic...

But which player Sweden have now??? Only Soderling and old T.Johansson (plus Arvidsson from WTA) is TOP100 and nobody is TOP40 :help: :help: :help:

So i'm afraid that when Ivanovic and Jankovic retire we will celebrate when our players from next generation like Wickmayerovic and Flipkensovic will reach tier-III and ITF-75K finals in same week :tape: :tape: :tape:

Djokovic,:help:
Comparing men and women by nationality is like comparing chalk and cheese. What has Djokovic done for Serbian women, that Sharapova hasn't done for Russian grls who aspire to play tennis professionally and become millionaires? (More than Robbie Williams has done for boys who want to become rock stars, or Newton has done for people who want to live on Mars one day?)