PDA

View Full Version : Updated: Karatantcheva, Larcher De Brito, and Stevenson into Wimbledon Qualifying.

alwayshingis
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Discuss.

slavicpower
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:43 AM
WOOWOO hope she can get into main draw so we can see her on TV :drool:. Sesil lay off the steroids

alex14
Jun 14th, 2008, 06:01 AM
she deserves this! she has played week in, week out, qualified for qualifying rounds, won those qualifying rounds for maindraws, and won some of those maindraws. After the US open im expecting to see her play more tour tournaments and i think by the end of the year i can see her in the top 70.

clonesheep
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:48 PM
My enthusiasm for Karatantcheva has damped since her return. She has not gotten back to her former level after 6 months. This does not bode well.

I would wish Jelena Dokic make it to the qualies. Hope she does.

RenaSlam.
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:53 PM
She will lose. :)

Dawson.
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:56 PM
she deserves it. shes ranked about 215 (in 6 months) and is not relying on wildcards, unlike some players :rolleyes:

she'll be in the top 200 in no time, and will probably finish the year close (if not inside) the top 100

-VSR-
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Venus needs to beat down this steroid ass.

jimbo mack
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:43 PM
she could def win a match, maybe 2. i dont think she's good enough for grandslam main draw yet

Boreas
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Wow, is this the highlight today:eek: Hope she will be trashed in first Q round

Kworb
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Come on Sesil, QF is possible

Poova
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:16 PM
My enthusiasm for Karatantcheva has damped since her return. She has not gotten back to her former level after 6 months. This does not bode well.

I would wish Jelena Dokic make it to the qualies. Hope she does.
Umm give her a chance, not everybody is a Davenport or Hingis.

After 5 months of playing ITF tournaments, she will on Monday be ranked in the top 200 again. That's pretty good to me, and suggests that she can quite easily be ranked top 100 by the end of the year. That's not too far away from her former level at all, and would be a fantastic comeback if she can get back into the top 100 by December, at least in my book. And she's done it the hard way, without getting endless wildcards to Tier I events etc.

ce
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:29 PM
she deserves it. shes ranked about 215 (in 6 months) and is not relying on wildcards, unlike some players :rolleyes:

she'll be in the top 200 in no time, and will probably finish the year close (if not inside) the top 100

i hope for your good health that fans of that wildcard person dont read this :p

Tennis Ball
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM

After 5 months of playing ITF tournaments, she will on Monday be ranked in the top 200 again. That's pretty good to me, and suggests that she can quite easily be ranked top 100 by the end of the year. That's not too far away from her former level at all, and would be a fantastic comeback if she can get back into the top 100 by December, at least in my book. And she's done it the hard way, without getting endless wildcards to Tier I events etc.

:worship:

Come on Sesil! Happily surprised she's in the qualifying draw yet :bounce: No discussion needed, of course she deserves it! Besides, her penalty was way too severe!

Monica_Rules
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Good for Sesil. Hope she doesn'y play a brit though.

cn ireland
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Glad to see Sesil back playing GS tennis again!

FedererBulgaria
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:44 PM
That`s great!She`s not in perfect form,but it`s good to play high quality matches!This will help her,will motivate her !Good luck Sesil,all the best!

Slumpsova
Jun 14th, 2008, 06:36 PM
go Sesil :D

ViennaCalling
Jun 14th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Well, WTAWORLD´s Darling lost against WTAWORLD´s laughingstock Meusburger two weeks ago :devil:

Viktymise
Jun 14th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Sesil has alot of work to do on her game.

She needs to work on her FH and serve really hard. She's young though, so she has time.

I don't expect her to be doing anything amazing for the remainder of this year, but next year will be a telling year.

mimosa
Jun 14th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Wonderful news! Good luck Sesil! Show your best! Show to the haters that you deserve second chance.

Maryamator
Jun 14th, 2008, 08:30 PM
all sesil needs is one big break.

drake3781
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:54 PM

I agree she deserves to be whereever she gets herself based on results.

I don't see her breaking top 100 by end of year. I saw her at IW this year and was not super impressed - in fact I think she played Rodina whom I also saw for the first time and I was very impressed with her (Rodina).

all sesil needs is one big break.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? One good result would get her into other tournaments? The problem with that is that she cannot hold her own against the higher ranked players right now. Maybe you mean something else.

Maryamator
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:29 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by this? One good result would get her into other tournaments? The problem with that is that she cannot hold her own against the higher ranked players right now. Maybe you mean something else.

I meant that eventhough she's not been doing superb so far, maybe reaching the maindraw of wimbledon then getting a good draw maybe passing a round or two would not only improve her ranking but it will also get her confidence , and motivation back.

drake3781
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I meant that eventhough she's not been doing superb so far, maybe reaching the maindraw of wimbledon then getting a good draw maybe passing a round or two would not only improve her ranking but it will also get her confidence , and motivation back.

Yes, but she is quite a weak player right now (have you seen her or heard about her matches). She has to find a way to improve. Probably on the contrary, just playing a lot at the level she is right now will work for her over time.

Natash.
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:33 PM
She was extremely close to beating AMG on clay before choking. Just needs to get used to playing on that level I think. Good for her on earning her way and entering the qualifying draw.

miffedmax
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:41 AM
One step at a time. This is good news and very important as Sesil works to get her career back on track.

Martian KC
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Come on Sesil, QF is possible

Abit too optimistic, I'd say.:p

hdfb
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:56 AM
I never saw the big deal with Sesil, her game seems really weak to me.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Happy to see she's playing Grand Slam qualifying again, but this is not a surface she is cut out to do well on. Her only other grass event was Wimbledon back in 2005, where she fought off match points against a British wildcard and then almost got double bageled by Sharapova.

She might win a round, maybe two with a good draw, but it would be a shock if she qualified.

OsloErik
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:24 AM

In fairness, she hasn't had as much of a chance to get there. She didn't play a huge number of matches before she got banned, and she didn't get many wildcards into tournaments. She had to work her ranking up without much help. Which makes sense, because she didn't really deserve them, but it's difficult to gauge her comeback quite yet.

OsloErik
Jun 15th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I never saw the big deal with Sesil, her game seems really weak to me.

Well, the big thing was her age. She was a slam quarterfinalist at 15. She had a big backhand, she was fast. She didn't have much of a serve (although rumor has it it's improved), and her forehand was strangely poor, but she was so young that it seemed inevitable she'd improve. The two years without match play will probably have a lot of ramifications, but she was on par with Ivanovic and Vaidisova when she was a year and a half younger.

xcrtbckhnd
Jun 15th, 2008, 12:02 PM
GL Sesil! I don't think grass is the best surface for her game, but maybe she'll surprise us. I'd love to see her back in the Top 100 before Year End. Love that backhand!

Maryamator
Jun 15th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Yes, but she is quite a weak player right now (have you seen her or heard about her matches). She has to find a way to improve. Probably on the contrary, just playing a lot at the level she is right now will work for her over time.

yeah ive seen she's lost to many players i never thought she'd lose to. but maybe she lacks motivation, i personally think its very hard for her because once she was at almost the top and was the future of tennis, and then noone's giving her wildcards for anything and she had to play all those small tournaments. Its like she was never number 1 in the juniors, i think that is very hard for her.

Wolverines08
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I've seen about 4 matches in the comeback and she's improved. Her only problem is consistency because one minute Sesil will smack the ball and then she'll loop ball for 20 more minutes.

markhingis
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I hope she makes it to the MD!

FedererBulgaria
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I hope she makes it to the MD!

I hope too!But may be next year she will show her potential!

Aaron.
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:33 PM
Good thing Hingis isnt at Wimbledon this year then :unsure:

alwayshingis
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Larcher De Brito and Stevenson just got in as well.

All of these withdrawals have produced some very interesting story lines for qualifying.

hankqq
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I hope these 3 can make the main draw!

LCS
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Michelle!!! :banana: :bounce:

ce
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:45 PM
:)

Kworb
Jun 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Sexy Lexy :drool:

cn ireland
Jun 16th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Delighted to see Stevenson making qualies :bounce:.

black_fire
Jun 16th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Good for Sesil. She just entered the top 200, which is a great achievement considering the fact she was unranked just 6 months ago. On the other hand grass is not her surface for sure but a few wins would rise her ranking a lot.

I surely can see her entering the top 100 in the next 4-5 months.

markhingis
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Good thing Hingis isnt at Wimbledon this year then :unsure:

all good things come to an end... she'll be there in 2010 :devil:

FedererBulgaria
Jun 16th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Magdalena Rybarikova SVK (9)
v
Anda Perianu ROU
Elizabeth Thomas GBR
v
Sesil Karatantcheva BUL

Alberta Brianti ITA
v
Regina Kulikova RUS
Virginie Pichet FRA
v
Andreja Klepac SLO (13)

C`mon!

FedererBulgaria
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Good luck today Sesil!;)

Dawson.
Jun 17th, 2008, 09:53 AM
i dont wanna use the word 'easy', but that part of the draw looks good for sesil