PDA

View Full Version : Bad, Boorish, Bitchin' Becker should STOP criticizing Sharapova's grunt!

LegendsofTennis
Jun 13th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Few would argue that Boris Becker had the tendency to find outside excuses for his losses. I wonder if you have ever heard of the German's tactic of bumping into his opponent during changeover? Or whether you noticed the "cough" that he used to have that would surface during difficult points. Just wondering.

He was a pretty good player but he's never going to go down as a particularly good sport, even in tennis.

spiritedenergy
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Few would argue that Boris Becker had the tendency to find outside excuses for his losses. I wonder if you have ever heard of the German's tactic of bumping into his opponent during changeover? Or whether you noticed the "cough" that he used to have that would surface during difficult points. Just wondering.

He was a pretty good player but he's never going to go down as a particularly good sport, even in tennis.

sure Sharapova will go down as the fairest of them all...NO.:tape:

Noctis
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:29 AM

:yawn: This is so old....

sasha&tennis
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:39 AM
He is one of many to criticize her grunt. No one can deny the fact that her grunt or shall I say scream is loud. I know that many of you on this forum play tennis. We may not be professionals but a lot of us can play really well. But could you imagine even on the lower levels playing someone who screamed on every point. We laugh at people who do that and so far we have only come across on guy who does it and he is the one that we laugh at. It is just annoying and it is hard to concentrate during important points when someone is screaming constantly.

slamchamp
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:43 AM
sure Sharapova will go down as the fairest of them all...NO.:tape:lol never EVER heard a commentator say something about maria being unfair

spiritedenergy
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:50 AM
He is one of many to criticize her grunt. No one can deny the fact that her grunt or shall I say scream is loud. I know that many of you on this forum play tennis. We may not be professionals but a lot of us can play really well. But could you imagine even on the lower levels playing someone who screamed on every point. We laugh at people who do that and so far we have only come across on guy who does it and he is the one that we laugh at. It is just annoying and it is hard to concentrate during important points when someone is screaming constantly.

exactly it's really awful. I agree with some other that grunting is not the only way of being obnoxious/annoying, i.e. Navratilova-Mandlikova? US Open final, Navratilova was acting like a pure BITCH with mannerism and like 2 minutes of bitching and crying and self-deprecating after every point like her life depended on it. That behavior was totally classless and she should have been thrown out of the court by any reasonable umpire.

Thank God the days of those drama queens are gone but now we have Sharapovas and Azarenkas exploiting the game in their own ways. And it is NOT fair.

spiritedenergy
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:50 AM
lol never EVER heard a commentator say something about maria being unfair

Sharapova-Schnyder RG 2007... IIRC something unfair happened:rolleyes:

*JR*
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Boris is just mad that he hasn't gotten to bang Masha in that famous restaurant cloakroom. :tape:

jacobruiz
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Sharapova-Schnyder RG 2007... IIRC something unfair happened:rolleyes:

I'm sick of references to this incident - it was clearly on video that while Maria was serving Patty did not raise her hand UNTIL THE BALL FLEW PAST HER! Maria did absolutely nothing wrong and this was quickly proven. Typical that posters like you bring this up in a losing effort to present Maria as "unfair".

jacobruiz
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Here's the video to prove it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbLx2SICth8&feature=related