PDA

View Full Version : Which is worse??

miffedmax
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:14 PM
So, my beloved stumbled in Paris. Then I see Niki V. gets bageled by Mattek. And the Cubs are teasing me with their once-a-decade-look-like-we'll break-the-curse season. (They won't trust me).

So that got me to thinking. Which is more tortuous? To have a favorite who manages to stay highly ranked, constantly teasing you with decent runs at slams and even a few titles only to never, ever "win the big one," (Lena D., Dani H. and potentially JJ) or a favorite who flares brightly for a year, then crashes (perhaps Nikki, Dokic and Stevenson also being in this class) yet constantly promises to come back?

Apoleb
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:17 PM
"Ha ha ha, stupid, this is why I never jump on a bandwagon until I see a major in hand "

Mic-190286
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Other than the devastating AO SF Dani has never been all that close at the majors-but she should absolutely have so many more titles. Elena is the real torture at the slams.

Renalicious
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Lol they're both devestating, I'd probably say the lingering comeback one is worse. Dementieva at least is winning matches and having good results. :p

spiritedenergy
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:57 AM
i feel you:sad:

Uranium
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:59 AM
first one

Danči Dementia
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Being a Lena D , Dani H and Nicole fan.....so of course I voted for the first one