Elena Baltacha (GBR)
Naomi Cavaday (GBR)
Katie O’Brien (GBR)
Urszula Radwankska (POL)
Melanie South (GBR)
Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP)
Samantha Stosur (AUS)
To be announcedMen’s Doubles

James Auckland (GBR) and Jamie Delgado (GBR)
Neil Bamford (GBR) and Joshua Goodall (GBR)
Richard Bloomfield (GBR) and Kenneth Skupski (GBR)
Alex Bogdanovic (GBR) and Jonathan Marray (GBR)
Chris Eaton (GBR) and Alexander SlabinskyLadies’ Doubles

Elena Baltacha (GBR) and Naomi Cavady (GBR)
Amanda Elliot (GBR) and Katie O’Brien (GBR)
Anne Keothavong (GBR) and Melanie South (GBR)
Anna Fitzpatrick (GBR) and Anna Hawkins (GBR)
Sarah Borwell (GBR) and Jocelyn Rae (GBR)Qualifying Gentlemen's Singles

Richard Bloomfield (GBR)
Edward Seator (GBR)
Kenneth Skupski (GBR)
Jonathan Marray (GBR)
Daniel Cox (GBR)
Morgan Phillips (GBR)
Chris Eaton (GBR)
To be announced
To be announcedQualifying Ladies Singles

Sarah Borwell (GBR)
Amanda Elliot (GBR)
Anna Fitzpatrick (GBR)
Georgie Stoop (GBR)
Anna Smith (GBR)
Elizabeth Thomas (GBR)
Naomi Broady (GBR)
Tara Moore (GBR)

Adal
Jun 13th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Give WC to Dokic.
kthnxbye

The Kaz
Jun 13th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Stosur :woohoo:

-sugi-
Jun 13th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Naomi Broady got a qually wild card :yeah:

ce
Jun 13th, 2008, 05:56 PM
omg
Stosur :weirdo:
she cant attract more crowd than Dokic :weirdo:
Wimbledon :weirdo:

*Jool*
Jun 13th, 2008, 05:57 PM
No (Q of course) WC for Brenda , I wonder if she's made the Q cut-off or if she's gonna play in s'Hertogenbosch and hence not play in Wimbly again :awww:

The Kaz
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM
No (Q of course) WC for Brenda , I wonder if she's made the Q cut-off or if she's gonna play in s'Hertogenbosch and hence not play in Wimbly again :awww:

She's playing Rosmalen so no Wimbly for BBB :awww:

Muffin the Mule
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I can only think that Dokic turned down a QWC, surely she'd have got one over this bunch of Brit no-hopers? :confused:

And Kunitsyn :confused: :weirdo:

serenus_2k8
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Good to see they are not biased towards nationallity in the slightest :lol:

Ouch, bold move not to give WC to Jamie Murray.

*Jool*
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:03 PM
She's playing Rosmalen so no Wimbly for BBB :awww:
thanks for the answer , hope she'll do fine in Holland , and who knows....there's still a WC to be announced (MD) so ... slightest hope for BBB (or Dokic ... ) lol

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:03 PM
omg

Wimbledon doesnt need players to sell out
they are sold out even if unranked players would play
cos most of the people there havent got a clue

Cakeisgood
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Frank Dancevic (CAN)

WHOO HOO

Cp6uja
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Dokic deserve atleast Qualy WC.

Lucic, Stevenson and De Brito also.

:confused: :confused: :mad: :mad:

alwayshingis
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Glad Broady got a QWC even though she lost in the last round of the playoff.

Who do you think will get the last MDWC?

jamatthews
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Amanda Elliot when she qualifies for Eastbourne...:p

or I don't know. :shrug: AELTC are impossible to predict. Roger Draper is going to be annoyed, but Broady had to get one.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM
So, one more WC for the MD :eek:. I am thinking Dokic, Lucic or Alex ;).

faboozadoo15
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Fuck Wimbledon. This is pathetic.
A bunch of British no-hope, no-talent, no-charisma twats and no love for BBB or Dokic.

I must say, they do a much better job on the men's side of things, however.

Monica_Rules
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Wow shocked that all the Q WC's went to brits but i'm glad Naomi and Tara got WC's

JujulCactus
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
So, one more WC for the MD :eek:. I am thinking Dokic, Lucic or Alex ;).

Kimiko Date will be a good idea ! :)

paul_masterton
the final wildcard will be held over in-case someone from eastbourne qualifies and wins a round and can't make it to roehampton (e.g. Elliot or Stoop).

Dokic withdrew from the wimbledon entry lists quite a while ago - maybe she wasn't planning on playing.

The Brit wildcards are all pretty good, Smith and Thomas (who's beaten Harkleroad on grass) won the play-off, Broady has been beating top 200 players on grass and Tara is a great 15year-old prospect. Elliot qualified for Birmingham and almost beat Rezai, Borwell has won matches at Wimbledon in both main draw and qualies before, and Stoop was around 250 and climbing before she had a terrible injury.

Last one could go to just about anyone - bets on Cara Black lol :p

cn ireland
I'm really disappointed that Dokic didn't get a QWC :sad: I'd guess that she was offered one but had to turn it down because of the injury last week :sad:.

I wonder who'll get the last MD WC?

In The Zone
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Maybe when one of those chicks qualify in Eastbourne, maybe it'll free up a QWC for Jelena?

Stevenson is like 10 or 11 ALT. She could sneak in on her own.

prima donna
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:30 PM
the final wildcard will be held over in-case someone from eastbourne qualifies and wins a round and can't make it to roehampton (e.g. Elliot or Stoop).

Dokic withdrew from the wimbledon entry lists quite a while ago - maybe she wasn't planning on playing.

The Brit wildcards are all pretty good, Smith and Thomas (who's beaten Harkleroad on grass) won the play-off, Broady has been beating top 200 players on grass and Tara is a great 15year-old prospect. Elliot qualified for Birmingham and almost beat Rezai, Borwell has won matches at Wimbledon in both main draw and qualies before, and Stoop was around 250 and climbing before she had a terrible injury.

klina?

cn ireland
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:31 PM
klina?

Doubt it. Sprem withdrew a few days ago.

prima donna
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Doubt it. Sprem withdrew a few days ago.

:sad::sad:

Freakan
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:42 PM
These idiots should have given QWC to Robson.

Freakan
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:45 PM

And Fitzpatrick can't win a match in 10k :o

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Oh yeah, Cara Black is a great idea as she is playing singles in the Olympics! She has always done very well on grass :bounce:.

Natash.
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Chardy. :woohoo: :inlove:

Vincey!
Jun 13th, 2008, 07:00 PM
hopefully the last one is for Dokic

-Sonic-
Jun 13th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Jeeeeeez you people are so hard on Wimbledon lol...

Like the other tournaments (and its crowds) are ANY better at all when it comes to WCs

Mforensic
Jun 13th, 2008, 07:28 PM
And Fitzpatrick can't win a match in 10k :o

2006: $10,000 in Ilkley

Anna did win one!

jazar
Jun 13th, 2008, 08:33 PM
amanda elliot deserves the last main draw wilcard

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 13th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Jelena :sobbing: Was too good to be true to think she'd get a WC. Blah.

OZTENNIS
Jun 13th, 2008, 11:04 PM
You know, I actually think that jelena has a shot at a wildcard still...if a Brit qualifies in Eastbourne, it frees up a qualifying wildcard...if no Brit qualfies, there is still 1 main draw wildcard remaining

It's an outside shot, and I wont lose hope yet :p

Sam :) nice

47eggs
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I really hope that somehow Elliot gets the last MD wildcard. Just please put in a fantastic performance in the Eastbourne qualies!

If this fails, i doubt that it will go to Dokic, just based on the fact that they gave Kutuzova(:help:) a MD wildcard last year, which really was quite insulting IMO. Really do not know what to expect.

I think its unfair to criticise the giving of wildcards to Brits though, because even though they have less chance of winning matches than those players of other nationalities who havent made the cut on ranking, every tournament gives a wildcard to their home player/s. It brings a better crowd, gives the sport more publicity and inevitably inspires more youngsters to pick up the game in theory. For these reasons, I think giving wildcards to British players is one of the best choices.

Come on you Brits!

slavicpower
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:55 AM
God Wimbledon sucks. How could they not give a wildcard to Dokic

Mr.Kardashian
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:19 AM
yes stosur! good choice..... PLEASE give Dokic a WC!

danieln1
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:39 AM
dokic

kittyking
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I'm not surprised that Sam Stosur got a Maindraw wildcard. She deserved it.

I'm extremely surprised that all the Quali wildcards went to Brits :shrug:

Cankarlo
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Men's list is so good. They all gave to players which really deserves,but I can't say the same for the women. I am so sad for Jelena. She was deserving the MD WC IMO and even she couldn't take the Q WC. I love U Jeca!!!! Keep the hard work pls.

Renalicious
Jun 14th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Are Serena and Venus playing the doubles? Can they get in with direct ranking entry?

switz
Jun 14th, 2008, 07:09 AM
omg

i want Dokic in the tournament but Stosur is more deserving. She was a top 30 player last year and it can be said without doubt that the only reason she was not directly in the draw was because of a specific illness.

Monica_Rules
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:02 AM
These idiots should have given QWC to Robson.
She lost to Naomi Broady in the play-off.

Beat
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:13 AM
omg

what does that have to do with anything? :rolleyes: if it was about "attracting crowd" then they should give the WC to kournikova, even when she's not playing.

Just Do It
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:18 AM
1 MDWC left, give it to Jelena, please :sobbing:

polishprodigy
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Frank :)

If Jelena Dokic withdrew from the entry lists, that means she either knew she wasn't going to get a WC or did not have an interest in playing anymore. Therefore she can't get a WC.

Seems as if Wimbledon is bending to criticism that too many Brit players feel they have a "right" to a Wimbledon WC (particularly on the men's side as evident by not filling the last 2 WC's).

Dawson.
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:19 PM
omg

i doubt that most people at wimbledon even remember who Dokic is to be honest, nor would they care :shrug:

Dawson.
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:20 PM
a QWC should have been given to laura robson :(

markdelaney
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I think Virginia Wade should get a wildcard

babsi
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:26 PM
It wouldn't have surprised me if Wimbledon offered Dokic a qualifying wildcard and she turned it down as she wanted a maindraw one.

Cankarlo
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I was so convinced that Jelena will play this year in Wimbledon. Still one WC. I will be just delighted if jelena takes it,which I am highly in doubt.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 14th, 2008, 06:36 PM
It wouldn't have surprised me if Wimbledon offered Dokic a qualifying wildcard and she turned it down as she wanted a maindraw one.
LOL well you're an idiot then.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 14th, 2008, 06:40 PM
i want Dokic in the tournament but Stosur is more deserving. She was a top 30 player last year and it can be said without doubt that the only reason she was not directly in the draw was because of a specific illness.
I agree.

And ce :haha: Attracting a crowd? Wimbledon doesn't need Dokic to attract a crowd. I still think she should have gotten one, but there must ge a good reason why she didn't. I suspect it's her health.

Uranium
Jun 14th, 2008, 06:40 PM
LOL well you're an idiot then.

that's not that stupid, if she is actually injured she could have done that to request more rest.
Dokic was even asked to play Wimbledon last year, when she barely played and to not ask her for one this year when she is playing decent is stupid on behalf of Wimbledon
I think they are saving the WC for a surprise player in one of the grass events or for Dokic:shrug:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 14th, 2008, 06:43 PM
:weirdo:

This is a player who this year has played qualifying to get into Italian challenger events as low as 25K in stature. You actually believe that given the opportunity to play in WIMBLEDON qualifying, the biggest event in the world on her favorite surface, that she'd turn it down for rest? :weirdo: Injured or not, that's retarded logic.

You're both idiots if you believe that.

Uranium
Jun 14th, 2008, 06:46 PM
:weirdo:

This is a player who this year has played qualifying to get into Italian challenger events as low as 25K in stature. You actually believe that given the opportunity to play in WIMBLEDON qualifying, the biggest event in the world on her favorite surface, that she'd turn it down for rest? :weirdo: Injured or not, that's retarded logic.

You're both idiots if you believe that.

.....2007 she barrely played and when she did it was a 10K and you are complaining about 25Ks:o
You need to get off that high horse of yours, because you are without a doubt the most negative fan of any player on this board and it's disgraceful:o:o

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 14th, 2008, 06:48 PM
.....2007 she barrely played and when she did it was a 10K and you are complaining about 25Ks:o
You need to get off that high horse of yours, because you are without a doubt the most negative fan of any player on this board and it's disgraceful:o:o
How am I being negative? All I'm saying is Dokic did not turn down the chance to play Wimbledon because she wanted an MWC, just like she didn't at the Australian Open or at these Italian challengers she's playing. That has NOTHING to do with positivity/negativity, I'm simply making an argument. Stop being stupid.

And what the hell does her playing in 2007 have to do with this discussion? Whatever.. lol