PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Grass season

sebdenice
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:54 PM
After a really nice clay season, Alizé prepare Eastbourne and Wimbledon...
Hope for some WTA points?

saint2
Jun 14th, 2008, 08:04 AM
She can play well on grass, lets see...

sebdenice
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:29 AM
First match against Mauresmo... big big test for Alizé

Iceland
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Indeed. I don't really know what to expect. Mauresmo is the kind of opponent that she should beat without too many difficulties now considering how poor her level is. But as it's on grass, things are completely different. I think that Alizé will consider herself as the underdog and may find a way to win playing without the pressure, just for fun.
Allez!

Iceland
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Alizé lost 61 46 75! Such a fight but a loss in the end, poor Alizé :sad:. But this sounds quite promising, even if she is out of form, Amélie remains a very tough competitor on grass. What is also good to know is that Alizé only lost her serve once in the last sets. Since holding serve is one of the key rules, I guess this is not a bad experience at all.
Let's hope for a more clement draw now in Wimbledon!

saint2
Jun 16th, 2008, 07:44 PM
My God... It was former Wimbledon Champion vs girl who played 5 matches on grass before (won 3 of that...). :rolleyes: Its AMAZING that she gave Ame a 3set fight...After 1st set I expected blowout.

justine schnyder
Jun 16th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Sad loss after such a huge fight (After that 1st set..) but still, I guess Mauresmo is more confident on grass than she's on clay, so still, great fight from Alize, losing to Mauresmo on grass is no shame.
Now preper well for Wimbldon :hug:

Iceland
Jun 18th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Alizé is playing the Eastbourne Cup to have extra matches on grass before Wimbledon! I don't know where the draw can be found, I read that on the forum of her official website. You can check the matches that will be played here : http://www.lta.org.uk/Global/Downloads/Results/Int.%20Womens%20Open/Order%20of%20Play.pdf (http://www.lta.org.uk/Global/Downloads/Results/Int.%20Womens%20Open/Order%20of%20Play.pdf)

She faces Vera Dushevina to begin. Shouldn't be much of a hurdle. I hope she tests herself so as to know what she has to do on this surface. The scoreline against Amélie is obviously quite promising, the only thing that we don't know is which Amélie was on court.

améliemomo
Jun 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM
amélie beat alize but is injured now,probably miss wimbly:sad:

hopefully alize will improve her game on grass with those "extra matchs" on eastbourn cup,allez alize!:)

Iceland
Jun 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Alizé defeated Dushevina 61 63 :yeah:. (thanks to Isabelle of Alizé's website)
She will meet Niculescu now.

This is an excellent initiative to play this unofficial competition, it gives her extra matches & opportunities to try different things to adapt her game to grass. The result doesn't really care but the more victories she can get, the better it is.

Iceland
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Alizé defeated Niculescu 64 61 :yeah:. Another good win, she should really get through her opener in Wimbledon quite easily unless she draws somebody tough like Li. Plays the SF against Ula Radwanska.

saint2
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Alizé defeated Niculescu 64 61 :yeah:. Another good win, she should really get through her opener in Wimbledon quite easily unless she draws somebody tough like Li. Plays the SF against Ula Radwanska.

Sorry, but what is that?

justine schnyder
Jun 19th, 2008, 07:45 PM
From where do you get thse results? :wavey: Can you tell me Peer's? :o

dulkogii
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Good luck in Wimbly Allize!

justine schnyder
Jun 20th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Alize against Nastya Pavly on Wimbly 1st round.. Good luck!!

Iceland
Jun 20th, 2008, 10:08 AM
KUZNETSOVA, Svetlana RUS v JOHANSSON, Mathilde FRA
BONDARENKO, Kateryna UKR v FUJIWARA, Rika JPN
PIN, Camille FRA v ZAHLAVOVA STRYCOVA, Barbora CZE
SOUTH, Melanie GBR v BONDARENKO, Alona UKR

CORNET, Alize FRA v PAVLYUCHENKOVA, Anastasia RUS
RODIONOVA, Anastasia RUS v LI, Na CHN
DOMACHOWSKA, Marta POL v CRAYBAS, Jill USA
BENESOVA, Iveta CZE v RADWANSKA, Agnieszka POL

:banghead:!!!!

What a lack of luck!!! I wanted Li Na to stay away of my faves and Alizé just got it! Seriously, couldn't she have asked for harder? She has never defeated Pavlyuchenkova even in juniors, I'm quite confident as Alizé has improved a lot especially on her serve but this is a tough opponent as she is extremely aggressive. Alizé will have to make her move, she is still a bit overweight hence slow.
Then Li :help::sobbing:. Then Radwanska again :bigcry:.

Allez Alizé :hug:.

Krysteo
Jun 20th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Well, not easy this fisrt round, but she can do it ! :)

Allez Alizé !

saint2
Jun 20th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Good luck in Wimbly Allize!

Yes...Well said...Good luck...It will be needed...

Alizé Molik
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:02 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! these draws are getting on my nerves now!!

saint2
Jun 20th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I already realised that (maybe except FO07) she had easier drasw when was unseeded :lol::lol::lol:

justine schnyder
Jun 20th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Omg what a draw :o
Allez Alize!!!!

Derek.
Jun 20th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I didn't even see this thread. :o

Anyway, tricky draw for Alizé.

Good luck! :)

Iceland
Jun 20th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Alizé won the Eastbourne Cup defeating Ula Radwanska 62 63 & Mattek on walkover.
I'm quite confident about the first round against Nasya P. She won't fall in the trap, she seems already very experienced. :)

Derek.
Jun 20th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Good preparation for Alizé it seems. :yeah:

Alizé/Aga rematch would be fun. ;)

améliemomo
Jun 20th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Not simple for alize,for sure but well she would do her best like always.

Allez alize!:)

~|Naomi|~
Jun 21st, 2008, 12:48 AM
I hate this draw:mad:

Drimal
Jun 21st, 2008, 11:59 AM
An uncomfortable draw.

Allez Alizé! :bounce:

leslie&yummy
Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:15 AM
bonne chance Alizé!

justine schnyder
Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:36 AM
Alize plays today, 2nd match on court 15.. Allez Alize!!

Iceland
Jun 23rd, 2008, 02:19 PM
Alizé held for 5/5 in the second set saving 3MPs. 3rd game in a row, she is coming so close to a first round exit. :unsure:
67 55 now. Allez!!!!!

Iceland
Jun 23rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Alizé is now serving for the set after a long break.
Players at deuce. Alizé missed a SP :o. Got broken, obviously. Another tie-break :help:. God, I'm sure Pavlyuchenkova cheated with this break! Alizé had the momentum with her!

Iceland
Jun 23rd, 2008, 02:45 PM
Alizé lost 76 76. :help: She has always been behind in this match. I guess she had little expectations on this match, but this is highly disappointing because Pavlyuchenkova is coming from the junior circuit. Shouldn't have lost that. Her record in Slams is not so great for a top 20 player. She goes on a 3 matches losing streak now, no matches won on grass either.
The draw was hard of course, she didn't have luck but Pavlyuchenkova was really beatable. Lot of work on the other surfaces for Alizé.

améliemomo
Jun 23rd, 2008, 02:49 PM
Really disapponting loss for alize cause she could have won it in 2.They were very close coparing the stats.
Still some work to do alize,especially on serve.With a better serve it could have been much easier,especially on that set point at 6-5:sad:

well disappointing but Im sure you ll come back tough very soon.:hug:

.:sk:.
Jun 23rd, 2008, 02:51 PM
:bigcry:

HTE
Jun 23rd, 2008, 04:06 PM
poor loss, but not too strange as Alizé and her camp have always tried to avoid the grass. She is a top 20 player now so she needs to start figuring that green stuff out. I actually think she can be areally god grass courter with her super technique. Of course that won't happen if she is afraid of it or chooses not to develop her game...

justine schnyder
Jun 23rd, 2008, 04:15 PM
:sad:
Really disappointing loss.. After she came back from 2-5 in the 2nd, had serving for the set and sp.. :sad:
What a shitty day :(
Better luck on hard court Alize :)

Derek.
Jun 23rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
Alizé. :sad:

I bet it was quite a mental match since they know each other so well from juniors.

She'll do better on the hardcourts. :hug:

dulkogii
Jun 24th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Alize!:(:(

Dinayer
Jun 24th, 2008, 06:53 PM
:sad:
Really disappointing loss.. After she came back from 2-5 in the 2nd, had serving for the set and sp.. :sad:
What a shitty day :(
Better luck on hard court Alize :)

I think the same :(

but she will do it better in hardcourt

ALLEZ! :D

Dinayer
Jun 25th, 2008, 11:52 PM
She will play Mixed Doubles:

Marcelo Melo/Alize Cornet vs Lukas Dlouhy/Nicole Vaidisova

Good Luck :worship:

HTE
Jun 27th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Al and Marcelo will be on Court 17 soon (wimbledon live covered) I guess there's a short rest for Melo after his long doubles match earlier...

edit: In fact they are walking on court now :D

HTE
Jun 27th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Alizé and Marcelo are out they lost 5-7, 6-4, 6-2. They could just as easily have won the second set, but Dlouhy got really lucky in a few service games and after that completely controlled everything in the third.
Pretty clear tha Al doesn't feel completely confident on the net, she had some horror volleys, but also was able to make some really good kills. Looked like she had a lot of fun out there, she is such a great character to watch :D

Dinayer
Jun 27th, 2008, 09:36 PM
oooh :(