PDA

View Full Version : Tennis drills/trainings for sharpening skills...

hyuj
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Hey all:p

for example, being a former soccerplayer I am, I can practice, when i have free study period at school, thinking about how to do tricks to get past defenders, etc etc,

I also think about how to shoot a very good free kick, I can even practice free kicks.

However, in tennis, im new to it, what similar things can be done? Of course I cant think of hitting the tennis ball to get past people (hahaha sarcasm). So when i have free study at school, what can i think of to improve my tennis? Is it ONLY hitting against the wall?

Off topic, but what shoes do tennis players wear?

Thanks people

Mikey.
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:40 PM
You can practise serving by yourself. :)

TakingTheMichael
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah man I'm also good @ soccer. Free kicks just like David Beckham and my best buddy Lizzy K says I look just like him

If you are hitting the ball of a wall, best to draw an imaginary line on the line, for the net, then when you are hitting the ball with your bat, it gives you a indication of how hard it is to hit it over the net on serve, I think :confused: I'm all new to this too

I think they wear Nikes

MM :D

hyuj
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks all

More opinion please
I hope u girls and guys get what i mean

My imagination is used a lot for inventing new soccer tricks. In tennis, what can my imagination do, to invent new tricks to win? thats what imean = )

TakingTheMichael
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Okay I tried this when I was learning to play tennis. Are you a leftie? don't matter, just reverse it if you're not.

I tied another tennis bat onto my other arm to I had a tennis bat on each arm, yeah. And then when it was my turn to hit the ball I used my right arm tennis bat to hit the shot and when it was the other persons shot, there wasn't no other person but I imagined there was, I used the other tennis bat to play their shot. It was like playing doubles I gues but only with yourself. Sometimes I would imagine I was playing Anna

Hope that helps

MM :D

Mikey.
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:07 PM
You can practise the different kinds of serves a player can do, aiming them in all the different parts of the service box. Like flat, slice, topspin, topspin-slice and kick serves :) Then you could maybe try to figure out where to hit the ball once your opponent has return each of those certain serves, as a strategy on how to get control of the point first.

QUEENLINDSAY
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Dont learn it by yourself if you are completely new to tennis, or you'l end up developing bad habits.
consult a pro first. You got learn the grips, footworks, etc first so youle learn it the right way. Its hard to change habits later on.