PDA

View Full Version : Masha's Hard court program!!!

CORIA01
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:38 PM
On her site it is said tahat she will play Montréal, the Olympics and US open!;)
I think she can play more tournies especially if she wants the N°1 spot :help:

Your thoughts?

A'DAM
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:46 PM
That is a short program indeed but if she would win all 3 than her fans would be fine with that I guess ;)

goldlion
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I'd think playing at Los Angeles but not Montreal is better.

But since her San Diego points are to be erased, she definitely needs another Tier I event for her ranking.

Actually the ranking doesn't matter, more important is that she's winning matches.

No. 1 and No. 5 = same chance to win a tournament.

Dan23
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:51 PM
There are 3 big events in a short space coming up and she is planning to not over exert herself which is an intelligent thing to do. Maria hasnt been fit to play Montreal/Toronto since 2004.

Mchstnate
Jun 12th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah...I think its more of just keepin herself healthy and since she hurt her shoulder, she seems to be much more

cautious about it. Besides they are all big tourneys, if she can bring back good results, im happy with it.

austennis
Jun 12th, 2008, 02:19 PM
goood idea i think not too overcommit and she can always add more later :D

¤CharlDa¤
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Hopefully we will see her here this year :D

kwilliams
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:13 PM
There are 3 big events in a short space coming up and she is planning to not over exert herself which is an intelligent thing to do. Maria hasnt been fit to play Montreal/Toronto since 2004.

I agree, those tournaments are all big and I think this summer, with the Olympics, less is more. Playing less will probably increase the chances of success.

I'm unsure about the WS summer schedules. I think Maria might have the right idea. It's never fun to not see your fav play a lot and build up wins, their ranking and title after title but this summer could be dangerous. I hope the USO isn't hit with withdrawals.

Cp6uja
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:23 PM
On her site it is said tahat she will play Montréal, the Olympics and US open!;)

Your thoughts?Same this HC shedule will probably have Ana Ivanovic and Serena Williams. If not defend her USO final Sveta will not be treat for #1 for long time no mater how many tournaments will play and Jelena already played too many tournaments so she will not profit too much with playing more than others this summer.

So this is very smart shedule for Olympic year summer.

Matt01
Jun 12th, 2008, 07:41 PM

No, she can't and she probably knows that.