PDA

View Full Version : Jelena's not playing Wimbledon :s

OZTENNIS
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Thought I'd start a thread here for once :)

AUSBOY found this small note in the Australian Press

''Molik received a wildcard in 2006, soon after her return from vestibular neuronitis, but will this year need to qualify. Joining her at Roehampton next week will be Jelena Dokic.''

:) Looks like Jelena might have been given that qualifying wildcard...
Although not 100% sure yet, we will have to wait for the AELC to confirm this :)

IF IT IS THE CASE, GOOD LUCK TO JELENA, WE HAVE FAITH IN YOU :kiss:

~Eclipsed~
Jun 12th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I just posted a similiar story in GM.:lol:

I hope it's right!:bounce:

Harvs
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:05 AM
yay:)

DokicForever
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Wow that would be amazing!! I hope so! :D

ce
Jun 12th, 2008, 12:04 PM
:hearts:

Slutati
Jun 12th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Please be true:awww:

Win Wimbly, Jelena:hearts::banana:

Just Do It
Jun 12th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Grab that wild card and win some matches :yeah:

scottsue
Jun 12th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Fingers and toes crossed! Hope for Alicia that they do not meet!

OZTENNIS
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:06 PM
^^^
I would love Jelena to have to play Alicia, would be great for Jelena to win and give the Aussie media and administrators a bit of a slap

cn ireland
Jun 12th, 2008, 06:28 PM
^^^
I would love Jelena to have to play Alicia, would be great for Jelena to win and give the Aussie media and administrators a bit of a slap

I would love Jelena to play anyone at Wimbledon qualies. I really hope that its true that she'll be playing there:)!

cn ireland
Jun 13th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Bad news everyone:

Jelena has not received a QWC :sad:. They remaining 4 all went to Brits. There is 1 MD WC to be announced but I can't see her getting it :(.

My gut feeling is that her injury has prevented her from accepting the WC :sad:!

Golovinjured.
Jun 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM
What a joke!

Wimbledon :help:

vutt
Jun 13th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Still I stand with my original question - do we know for 100% that she asked for it in the first place?

Slutati
Jun 13th, 2008, 10:21 PM
She probably didn't even ask, but Wimbledon should crawl on their knees and beg her to come:) Whatever, get better soon Jelena:hug:

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 13th, 2008, 10:32 PM
She mentioned it as a goal to play Wimbledon at one point, so I'm pretty sure she asked. Whatever. Fuck it. I'm just glad she won't have to worry about a WC anymore come US Open time.

:sad:

Привет
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:29 AM
It's disappointing that she didn't recieve a QWC. It's almost impossible she'll recieve the last MDWC. :lol: If she did that would be amazing, but no doubt it'll go to someone else.

OZTENNIS
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:34 AM
But who, I wonder
I think they left it incase a Brit qualified in Eastbourne which is pretty unlikely
It will probably end up going to a Brit anyway

Uranium
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:45 AM
i think they may give it to Dokic, Sprem or someone who has done well there before because they like to give WCs to players with past success

Mr.Kardashian
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I hope she gets the last WC.... i think there is still a small chance she will

Привет
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Can a tournament do that, award a player a QWC and then upgrade it to a MDWC? I really think they should give it to Jelena. They're given a lot of WCs to British players already. Stosur got a WC and even though she's been ill her record is bad at Wimbledon, regardless of who she has had to play. Jelena had to play Hingis first round when Martina was no. 1 and it didn't seem to trouble her too much.

Just Do It
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Look, guys it is obvious they left it for Jelena, the question is will she take it. If they've decided earlier NOT to give a wild card to Jelena they would alrady hand that wild card to Lucic, Stevenson, Sprem, Brenda or whoever .... I am sure they are waiting for Jelena's answer. I mean Jelena would draw more crowd than Stosur, who did nothing at Wimbledon.So, lets hope Jelena is healthy enough and takes thiswild card *praying*

So Disrespectful
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Look, guys it is obvious they left it for Jelena, the question is will she take it. If they've decided earlier NOT to give a wild card to Jelena they would alrady hand that wild card to Lucic, Stevenson, Sprem, Brenda or whoever .... I am sure they are waiting for Jelena's answer. I mean Jelena would draw more crowd than Stosur, who did nothing at Wimbledon.So, lets hope Jelena is healthy enough and takes thiswild card *praying*

Jelena is such a diva, making them wait for her. :lol:

Maybe they're waiting to see how Anna-Lena does at the 75k she's contesting right now (she's in the semis right now :scared:). I love Anna, but Jelena deserves the wildcard more.

So Disrespectful
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Groenefeld def. Ondraskova 6-1 6-0 :eek:

Has anyone else considered the possibility that Wimbledon will give the WC to Anna-Lena?

Just Do It
Jun 14th, 2008, 02:31 PM
^ No.

ce
Jun 14th, 2008, 06:41 PM
if they give it to her then i will jump from brigde :rolleyes:

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Jun 14th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Just because Anna-Lena Groenefeld has done well in ONE tournament in the past TWO YEARS doesnt mean she is going to get a Wildcard to Wimbledon

cn ireland
Jun 14th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Oh I really hope that Jelena gets the last WC but the waiting is killing me. I hope its announced soon.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 14th, 2008, 07:21 PM
LMAO. I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with Jelena. As someone mentioned, it's likely to have something to do with which Brits qualify/don't qualify in Eastbourne. Jelena's not playing Wimbledon.

Just Do It
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:07 PM
LMAO. I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with Jelena. As someone mentioned, it's likely to have something to do with which Brits qualify/don't qualify in Eastbourne. Jelena's not playing Wimbledon.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8070/newpicture1nx4.png (http://imageshack.us)

And by the way, that theory that they are waiting to see who will qualify in Eastbourne just does not drink water, they would leave one Q WC for that :shrug: If Jelena does not get it Stevenson who is 7th ALT or even Lucic will get it.

WhatTheDeuce
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:02 PM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8070/newpicture1nx4.png (http://imageshack.us)

And by the way, that theory that they are waiting to see who will qualify in Eastbourne just does not drink water, they would leave one Q WC for that :shrug: If Jelena does not get it Stevenson who is 7th ALT or even Lucic will get it.
We'll see. :o I bet you none of those 3 get it.

Привет
Jun 15th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Dave, for the past 3 or so fricking months I have clung to the hope that I may get to see Jelena play at Wimbledon. I'm not letting it go until I see who that bloody WC is given to! :lol:

hdfb
Jun 15th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Just because Anna-Lena Groenefeld has done well in ONE tournament in the past TWO YEARS doesnt mean she is going to get a Wildcard to Wimbledon

Exactly. Sorry Luke but that is very wishful thinking.

ce
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:59 AM
stevenson wont get it
Lucic maybe
brenda maybe :unsure:

Slutati
Jun 15th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Maybe we could buy her the WC:awww: Let's make donations.

ce
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:05 AM
:eek:
great idea :eek:
i will give 10 bucks :)

Golovinjured.
Jun 15th, 2008, 11:36 AM
When are they going to announce this WC? :help:

I think they will just give it to the 1st Alternate honestly, or Justine Henin :shrug:

So Disrespectful
Jun 15th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I only mentioned Groenefeld because out of the comeback girls, she's playing the best tennis at the present moment. She's had two tournaments back and already made better progress in them than the other girls. She qualified for a 75k and won 75k Zlin this week, from only two events. Jelena's best results were winning two 25ks and a 75k semifinal.

But I doubt they'll give it to her based on that, as you guys have pointed out.

Realistically there are three options for the remaining wildcard:
1) A Brit (none will qualify at Eastbourne anyway that haven't already been awarded wildcards)
2) A comeback girl (Dokic, Lucic, Stevenson, Groenefeld)
3) A youngster (Don't know of any suitable candidates)

There's still a chance for Jelena.

cn ireland
Jun 15th, 2008, 06:38 PM
According to a message posted in GM the final maindraw wildcard went to Jie Zheng. So I guess Jelena won't be playing at Wimbledon 08 :sad:.

Don't blame Wimbledon though, JD could've been offered a WC and turned it down because of the injury!

Just Do It
Jun 15th, 2008, 07:21 PM
^ I guess that's the case, but If she plays Torino next week ... I hope she withdraws.

Cankarlo
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Congrats Zheng.. Another year has gone without grandslams for Jelena :(( I am really wondering when will she play full grandslam schedule

Slutati
Jun 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Expected:shrug: Next year Jelena:awww::hug:

Havok
Jun 16th, 2008, 02:02 AM
Congrats Zheng.. Another year has gone without grandslams for Jelena :(( I am really wondering when will she play full grandslam schedule
There's still the USO which I believe she is ranked high enough to get direct entry into the qualies draw. If she's injured, I'd rather her sit this one out and heal to be on the safe side. Getting an injury during your comeback trail can be very difficult to overcome.