PDA

View Full Version : Who is the biggest waste of talent on the tour today?

Optima
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:13 AM
Who? How do you define "talent"?

Tennisstar86
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:15 AM
Hantuchova is if she never wins a slam, cause she def got at least 1 in her.... i think of it more as potential than talent...

Followed closely by Dementieva is she never gets one...

partbrit
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Hantuchova, with Schnyder a close second.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I knew my lovies name would be here:sad:

Tennisstar86
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:22 AM
I knew my lovies name would be here:sad:

:hug: its really more of a compliment if you think about it......

Optima
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:23 AM
I'll probably get a few laughs here and there, but I say Nadia.

kittyking
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Miss Golovin - incredible talent, but so unlucky with injuries

Daniela-Is-Mine
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:27 AM
:hug: its really more of a compliment if you think about it......

True but still sad. She needs to come back for WIMBY, she could win it since now shes dying to play again and not just playing to win.

kfh_9118
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Golovin for sure

Mchstnate
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:30 AM
There is a number of them who you could say. But I gotta say Golovin

Mikey.
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:34 AM
Nicole :sad:

kittyking
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Nicole :sad:

She chose to sleep with Radek :fiery:

goldlion
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:48 AM
More than one in my head, Nicole and Tati.

They both should have been better, although they're still on the tour.

pepaw
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:49 AM
Dementieva,Hantuchova, Kuznetsova, Serena, Venus, Vaidisova... we could go on and on.

strictennis
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Anna Kournikova, but she makes supermodels look cheap.

Alexj
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Schnyder and Petrova :sad:

venusallday
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:56 AM
Venus and Serena. They should have 10 and 18 grand slams, respectively, by now.

kittyking
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:59 AM

And if they had have played more doubles then they would ahve :p

Harvs
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:59 AM

lol.. ok..

Serenidad.
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Serena. She can win anything, anywhere, anyplace. However, she is not producing in the majors right now. I don't care about Tier Is.

Slutati
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:04 AM
There are so many:yawn:

Golovin, Hantuchova, Schnyder, Myskina, Vaidisova, Dokic, Dementieva, Zvonareva, Petrova, Srebotnik...

LudwigDvorak
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Gotta go with montreaux. Serena, by FAR.

With everyone else, it's hard to say. Dementieva, Schnyder, Hantuchova, all could be considered overachievers.

ASP0315
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Hantuchova and Golovin for sure.

Golovinjured.
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Golovin, Petrova, Hantuchova, Dementieva, Dokic, Gajdosova, Bovina.

Personally, Gajdosova hits the ball so well, as if she should be in the Top 50 minimum.

spencercarlos
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Serena
The girl had the game and amazing physical ability to dominate the sport ala Graf or Navratilova, i thought Serena could have easily been in the 14/18 number of grand slam singles titles.

For the lesser players i would say Schnyder, Dementieva, Zvonareva.

starin
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:35 AM
Serena. She had everything to be even greater but ....ohh well.

I feel like mental strength is a big part of being a champion so someone who may be talented but doesn't have it mentally together to be tough at the important moments doesn't count as being a waste of talent. I think someone like Dokic who was more sidelined by other things than by her own head would be an example of a waste of talent. Probably Golovin too but she's young w/ enough time to turn things around. And I used to think Venus but really she does have a lot of technical glitches and flaws in her game. But still I think 2003, the injury and the murder of her sister affected her just as much as Serena. So I do think that affected her results and her level of play.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Roll-call for "Talent Wasters":-

Daniela Hantuchova (best chance to win GS at AO, but "choked" SF match to Ana.... :help:)
Patty Schnyder (Headcase + Rainer Hoffman = :tape:)
Nicole Vaidisova ("Killed" her career by hitching up with "Le Worm")
Nadia Petrova (Was never meant to win a GS, wasn't she?)

I wanted to put Elena Dementieva and Jelena Jankovic to the above list, but they are WAY better than them... they're just unlucky.

Slutati
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:42 AM
OMG I forgot about Groenefeld:sad: She's also a waste of talent.

austennis
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Anna K , Tati , Nicole, Dani (anyone else see anything in common :p)
but all 4 should have better results

kittyking
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:53 AM
Golovin, Petrova, Hantuchova, Dementieva, Dokic, Gajdosova, Bovina.

Personally, Gajdosova hits the ball so well, as if she should be in the Top 50 minimum.

Gajdosova may hit the ball well, but she never seems to go into a match with a clear game plan. Most of the top 50 players have one type of game where they are incredibly good at.

kittyking
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Another one to add

Vera Zvonareva - One of the most talented ladies on the tour, from neck down anyway.

Slutati
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Another one to add, surprised no one else has mentioned her

Vera Zvonareva - One of the most talented ladies on the tour, from neck down anyway.
:ras: Go me:woohoo:
There are so many:yawn:

Golovin, Hantuchova, Schnyder, Myskina, Vaidisova, Dokic, Dementieva, Zvonareva, Petrova, Srebotnik...

kittyking
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:57 AM
:ras: Go me:woohoo:

Well I was the first one to mention Tati :ras:

Serenidad.
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:01 AM

With everyone else, it's hard to say. Dementieva, Schnyder, Hantuchova, all could be considered overachievers.

:hearts: Thanks, beebee.

serena williams
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:02 AM
1.Tied with Jelena & Dementiava

2.Tied with Huntochova & Petrova

3.Tatiana & Nicole

and Lindsay I think she deserve more than 3 GS

AlmostCrimes
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:20 AM
I think Justine probably had a few slams left in her, but she retired. I don't know if it was necessarily a waste of talent, but rather quitting before her talent run out. I think Nadia had/has more talent than her results would show. Also probably Dementieva, the serve, maybe, but really in 2004 she was able to beat six players in two seperate grand slams and then in the finals she couldn't pull out the win. I honestly think she should have won one of those finals at least.

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Vaidisova. what a slump she's in.

jbeacinu
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Daniela
Nicole
Elena
Tati
Nadia
Looks like Chakvetadze is fallin

Branimir
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Two Jelena's. Dokic and Jankovic. Tati, Nicole, etc... etc... Elena, Daniela. Too many. :D

AcesHigh
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Eh... I think Golovin doesn't have that much talent really(as much as some of these other players).. I think she's a top 10er and not much more.

Of those who haven't been said yet, I think Venus and Kuzy have wasted way a bunch of chances. Mary Pierce also, since she is still active, but she was really unlucky with injuries too.

But my ultimate vote goes to Serena. She could have been among the ranks of Steffi, Martina and Chris.

Tennisstar86
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:38 AM
1.Tied with Jelena & Dementiava

2.Tied with Huntochova & Petrova

3.Tatiana & Nicole

and Lindsay I think she deserve more than 3 GS

tough to throw Lindsey in there though... i mean yeah she ONLY got 3 slams....but if you look at her chances.... it was just bad luck.... the only shots she blew were 04 Wimbledon when she was up on Sharapova before the Rain and 04 Us Open where i still dont know what happened....

Venus and Serena just happened to be better than her....

Tennisstar86
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Anna Kournikova, but she makes supermodels look cheap.

is she suppose to be a supermodel? i mean kournikova gets a bad rap, but she gave up tennis when it wasnt goin the way it should have and when she was having injuries, but she still played. and if you're implying she a whore... well
shes been with the same man for like 7-8 years and even refused to marry him so it aint like she givin it up cheap

serena williams
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:59 AM
tough to throw Lindsey in there though... i mean yeah she ONLY got 3 slams....but if you look at her chances.... it was just bad luck.... the only shots she blew were 04 Wimbledon when she was up on Sharapova before the Rain and 04 Us Open where i still dont know what happened....

Venus and Serena just happened to be better than her....

Yeah...I know the williams sister are better than her

But..IMO I think she deserve much more of GS
maybe 4 or 5 I think she deserve of that

Because she is consistant player and always end the year ranking in top 10

I don't know it's just my opinion :kiss:

Tennisstar86
Jun 12th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Yeah...I know the williams sister are better than her

But..IMO I think she deserve much more of GS
maybe 4 or 5 I think she deserve of that

Because she is consistant player and always end the year ranking in top 10

I don't know it's just my opinion :kiss:

Oh I know what your saying she should have more than 3, but if you look at her Era... who was she gonna take them from? Davenport would never win on clay, she just doesnt have the movement..... so RG is always out...

2000: which was her first peak year IMO she won AO and then Venus took the rest of the year...
2001: Belonged to Venus as well/ Capriait another champion who should have gotten more than 3 also.
2002: Serena took over.... injuries
2003:...injuries
2004: coming back from injuries really should have gotten Wimbledon and US, but as i said this was her real waiste IMO...
2005: Had AO WImbledon, But the Williams sisters took them away and i really dont think there was anything she could have done in those matches. they played amazing.. Some of the shots from her match against Venus :eek:.
then she got pregnant...

Davenport was just in an Era of great tennis legends.... In order for Her to get more:
Serena wouldnt have 8; Henin wouldnt have 7, Venus 6 etc....
I just think its weird to say someone with mulitple slams from the past genereation waisted their talent when these slams have to come from somewhere...they only happen 4 times a year

Too bad this year couldnt have been Davenports peak or she really could have dominated the weakened tour at its current state...

The only grand slam winner in the past gen that underachieved was kim IMO...but thats a given...

Danči Dementia
Jun 12th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Sadly for me Dementieva and Hantuchova :hysteric:

serena williams
Jun 12th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Oh I know what your saying she should have more than 3, but if you look at her Era... who was she gonna take them from? Davenport would never win on clay, she just doesnt have the movement..... so RG is always out...

2000: which was her first peak year IMO she won AO and then Venus took the rest of the year...
2001: Belonged to Venus as well/ Capriait another champion who should have gotten more than 3 also.
2002: Serena took over.... injuries
2003:...injuries
2004: coming back from injuries really should have gotten Wimbledon and US, but as i said this was her real waiste IMO...
2005: Had AO WImbledon, But the Williams sisters took them away and i really dont think there was anything she could have done in those matches. they played amazing.. Some of the shots from her match against Venus :eek:.
then she got pregnant...

Too bad this year couldnt have been Davenports peak or she really could have dominated the weakened tour at its current state...

Yep...I agree ..in 2004 The door was open wide for her in wimby and Us open but bad luck for her to lost to the champion[both Kuzsy and Maria]

and the match with the sisters in 2005 she did the best that she could I know :worship:

Maybe just because she was play in the wrong era :sad:

justine schnyder
Jun 12th, 2008, 06:28 AM
For me those are:
Patty- huge talent with such a weak head
Tati- All those injuries! Everytime when I think she got it all together she's getting unjured again
Zvonareva- Weak head, althgouh this year is different than the past years..

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 12th, 2008, 06:51 AM
OMG I forgot about Groenefeld:sad: She's also a waste of talent.

YES! YES! YES! And her retard of ex-coach made the matters only worse:fiery: She was close to the Top 10 but now she's gone and nowhere to be found :sad:

hayleytrotter
Jun 12th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Vaidisova :(

Gowza
Jun 12th, 2008, 06:54 AM
safarova, bovina, sprem, krajicek, groenefeld.

Derek.
Jun 12th, 2008, 06:58 AM
My top two favorites: Hantuchova and Vaidisova. :o

oceandrive
Jun 12th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Sharapova
Jankovic
Sveta
Petrova
Momo
Tatiana
Mirza
Safarova

Princeza
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Vaidisova (for now) and Schnyder.

Direwolf
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:16 AM
venus williams...
just because she could do so much..
instead... of
those unforce errors...

justine henin...
but shes a quitter anyway

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:20 AM
justine henin...
but shes a quitter anyway

Now that's some quote. :scratch:

Not. :weirdo:

Destiny
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:41 AM

Yes they should :angel:

Destiny
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:48 AM
My vote goes to Tati :hug: it's not all her fault with the dawn injuries :sobbing:

lympyisthebest
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Hantuchova and Schnyder, they should have at least made 1 GS final, maybe even a win. :sad:

pesto
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:54 AM
A mention for Alicia Molik - doing so well before her illness, and never really got it back together.

Mike_T
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Iroda. Would of been a top 20 player these past 5 years, if it weren’t for all the injury problems :sad: Instead, some people have never even heard of her. The fact she’s not been mentioned in this thread so far, is proof.

G&R
Jun 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM
daniela
nadia
patty
nicole
vera
golovin

cecilija
Jun 12th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Henin obviously.

Serena too, but she is still playing and I expect her to at least get to the double digits.

lynxy
Jun 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I miss the prominence of Karolina Sprem. Of course she has been injured, but she seems to have only one plan, to thump the ball as hard as she can, which cannot always come off. Impressive when it works though!

frenchie
Jun 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Dokic, Lucic and Myskina

off course Kournikova too

FrenchY52
Jun 12th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Tati, injured all year and misses a part of the season all the time. And now she's a bit healthier she is probably cheering for her boyfriend at the soccer Euro Champs. :)
Also Safarova, who is so talented and incredibly good when she's on and confident :(

Renalicious
Jun 12th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Hantuchova, Serena, Venus and Pierce.

Dawson.
Jun 12th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Golovin. Shes been so unlucky in her career so far.
Schnyder should have achieved more, with all her talent.
Bartoli is one of the best ball strikers on tour, but is in a major slump at the minute
Cavaday. At her best, she is top 50 material. the problem must be between her ears.

Just Do It
Jun 12th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Brie Whitehead.

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:25 PM
If you have not won a grand slam in the past 8 years then I dont see you winning one at all at this point...(ahem..Petrova, Dementieva,Schnyder,Hantuchova and Molik)to me these players will always be around to create an ocassional upset but will never win a slam.....SO i guess I would have to say...my wasted talent/potential slam winners would be:
1. Golovin
2. Vaidisova
3. Peer

Ultimately I think its Mauresmo because she really does have the best serve and volley game on the WTA and she's won 3 slams...I just dont know whats wrong with her. Kuetznesova is another one..but I think she's just about reached the peak of her game.

CORIA01
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
vaidisova. she has a huge potential but waste it
She is still young so ther is hope...

Marionated
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Schnyder- it's ridiculous she has never been past the Quarter finals of the French or won a clay-court tier 1 (How the hell did she not win Charleston in 02 after beating Mauresmo, Capriati and 02 Serena?)

Dementieva- if only she had a good serve :sad:

There's a lot more but these are the two that really stand out to me.

markdelaney
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Dokic, Lucic and Myskina

Myskina surely over-achieved to be world ranked number 2 and a grand slam winner !

I'd say Paszek at the moment.

rockstar
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Brie Whitehead.

a waste of court space/ranking points maybe :p

Adal
Jun 12th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Daniela Hantuchova

Olórin
Jun 12th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Serena: simply because she has the most talent to waste. She has one of the most dynamic games in the history of women's tennis, and she has shown that she can produce the kind of form needed to win multiple slams during the past two years; however she struggles to reproduce her best form consistently. It's just painful to watch her play so poorly when you know what she is capable of.

ViennaCalling
Jun 12th, 2008, 02:14 PM
At the moment: Tamira :help:

$uricate
Jun 12th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Everyone in my sig, except Dominika yet.

Probably Shuai though. Wasn't she supposed to be top 3 by now? :scratch:

Olórin
Jun 12th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Dementieva,Hantuchova, Kuznetsova, Serena, Venus, Vaidisova... we could go on and on.

Serena. She can win anything, anywhere, anyplace. However, she is not producing in the majors right now. I don't care about Tier Is.

Serena
The girl had the game and amazing physical ability to dominate the sport ala Graf or Navratilova, i thought Serena could have easily been in the 14/18 number of grand slam singles titles.

Serena. She had everything to be even greater but ....ohh well.

But my ultimate vote goes to Serena. She could have been among the ranks of Steffi, Martina and Chris.

Well it was nice to read through a thread like this and see lots of posters giving Serena the benefit of the doubt. Not something I often see, I must admit.

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 12th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I would never call an 8-time Slam champion a waste of talent. We could say Serena has underachieved but she hasn't wasted her talent by any means.

On the other hand, Petrova, the most talented and naturally gifted Russian player, is a waste of talent for sure.

sweetpeas
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:38 PM
You have to ask,their bank teller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

améliemomo
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:43 PM
dementieva,vaidisova,safarova,pascek,hantuchova,ba rtoli,petrova

So Disrespectful
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Daniela. I've always thought that without the issues she faced in 2003, she could have claimed one of the three slams won by the Russians in 2004 (well, obviously not RG ;)).

Serena on the other hand has underachieved, but not to a severe degree. 8 slams is a huge feat.

pesto
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Karatantcheva has obviously been a waste so far. Hopefully she can turn it around.

Cp6uja
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Retired players which is still in "best ages" for tennis:
Henin, Hingis and Clijsters.

Young players in current big slump:
Vaidisova, Golovin and Chakvetadze.

Deep crisis talents:
Dokic, Bovina and Molik.

Talents with serious error:
Karantantcheva, Lucic and Stevenson.

Free Fall Players
Mauresmo and Petrova.

Achivments under possibilities:
Serena(since03), Venus(since02) and Davenport(3GSonly).

Miss Amor
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:17 PM
serena has a lot of talent she should have won 15-18 gs by now...but then if we start thinking about the ifs and buts lot of things should have happened

Craigy
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Golovin and Vaidisova. Possibly Safarova?

matty
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:22 PM

I agree. Unfortunately, it takes more than talent to be the best.
Serena: lacks drive, nowadays, seems lazy.
Hantuchova: lacks confidence/belief in herself.
Vaidisova: confidence/drive--does she even want to be out there anymore?
Kuzzy: I just can't figure out why she has not won another slam?
Golovin: something about her body--she is just plagued by injuries.
Dementieva: maybe she should have gotten a better coach-the serve has been such a problem. I do think she may get a slam soon, though, because she's playing really well this year.
Zvonareva (sp?): very talented, there's hope, yet.
Schynder: very talented, but a headcase.

zvonarevarulz
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Vaidisova.

shap_half
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I know she's technically not on the tour anymore, but Justine's retirement is a big waste of her talent.

Expat
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I know she's technically not on the tour anymore, but Justine's retirement is a big waste of her talent.
i dunno about that but i always felt that justine is the biggest over-achiever of the past 10 years

The Kaz
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Molik & Stosur :sad:

shap_half
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:56 PM
i dunno about that but i always felt that justine is the biggest over-achiever of the past 10 years

I guess when you consider her size and earlier problems with her head, but after an amazing year on tour where she basically dominated every player there was to not be able to find the will to play is to me a disservice to her natural abilities and hard work.

Dodoboy.
Jun 12th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I would never call an 8-time Slam champion a waste of talent. We could say Serena has underachieved but she hasn't wasted her talent by any means.

On the other hand, Petrova, the most talented and naturally gifted Russian player, is a waste of talent for sure.

Great point.

She hasn't wasted her talent as say Elena and Nicole but she has underachieved!

She should have reached heights that Steffi, Chris and Martina have reached. I guess it is a waste in that respect but 8 Grand Slams is too impressive to call it a big of a waste as some people are saying.

Serenidad.
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:54 AM
Great point.

She hasn't wasted her talent as say Elena and Nicole but she has underachieved!

She should have reached heights that Steffi, Chris and Martina have reached. I guess it is a waste in that respect but 8 Grand Slams is too impressive to call it a big of a waste as some people are saying.

It's a waste and disappointing. She's still the best of her generation, though. Oh well, I still love her. :smooch:

joão.
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:56 AM
At the moment - Vaidisova.

debopero
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Petrova

OsloErik
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I really don't rank Hantuchova as a huge talent. I think people got excited when she made it to the top 5, but she did that in a bit of a power vacuum. 2003 was really the year Hingis collapsed. Venus, Serena, and Capriati were the only REALLY good players around at that point, as Clijsters and Henin were rising but not-yet risen and Davenport was still on the mend from that surgery. There weren't a ton of players at the top, so the positions from 4-10 were very malleable. Dokic made it to her career high at that point, too.

If I'm thinking of huge talents that were wasted, Schnyder LEAPS to mind. She looked like a sure-thing slam champion in 1998 and early 1999. And then we all know the story. If she hadn't fallen apart in the late 90's, she would have been a top-5 player for much of the 2000's. She had a Hingis-like quality, with a better serve, better ability to stay in it with big hitters, and a forehand that can just torture players on clay. It's really stunning she only ever reached one slam semifinal after her breakthrough in '98. Although I remain optimistic that she'll give us one or two more quarterfinal runs at slams, I doubt we'll see her win a slam.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:37 AM
I don´t see Hantuchova as a waste of talent . She has done pretty well so far IMO with 2 TIER I titles and the top 5

Uranium
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:38 AM
i would say Maria...but you don't have to be talented to ball bash:)

I say Nicole since she got bagelled by Beth "sexy beast" Mattek:hearts:

hablo
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Amélie Mauresmo : if it wasn't for her head, she would have accomplished way more by now ... :sad:

juki
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:30 AM
It would be a shame if Li Na and Golovin never play a whole complete year on tour in their careers, and show us what they are really made of. I might add Mirza to that list.

Shakira4000
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:36 AM
i would say Maria...but you don't have to be talented to ball bash:)

Oh, the irony.

drake3781
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:37 AM
There are a lot to choose from, aren't there?

I thought of a quick answer, then thought of more, then more, then more.

:shrug:

Apoleb
Jun 14th, 2008, 04:44 AM
What about Szavay? I saw her in the US Open last year and I was quite impressed. But she just disappeared.

And Kuzzy is a waste of space, energy and matter, but surely not a waste of talent.

slavicpower
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:07 AM
Golovin, Vaidisova, Kirilenko, Paszek, Uberoi are a few that come to mind

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:10 AM
I never going to understand this...

How can an 8-time and 6-time GS champion considered as a WASTE OF TALENT? :tape:

Bruno71
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Szavay, Vaidisova, Krajicek, Chakvetadze, even Momo & Petrova are all players that are slumping currently, but I don't feel are wastes of talent.

Safarova's slumps are all too regular. And for such a clean hitter of the ball, with all the weapons she has, I vote for her.

LUVMIRZA
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Dinara Safina!!

svetaisthebest
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:27 AM
right now i think its Nicole.

Natash.
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Eh... I think Golovin doesn't have that much talent really(as much as some of these other players).. I think she's a top 10er and not much more.

Of those who haven't been said yet, I think Venus and Kuzy have wasted way a bunch of chances. Mary Pierce also, since she is still active, but she was really unlucky with injuries too.

I agree with you on Golovin. She has a great game but I don't see her as a top 5 grand slam winning player. :shrug:

And Safarova is just way too risky. Her inconsistency has a lot to do with injuries and with the way she generally plays. :sad:

Mr.Kardashian
Jun 14th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Alicia Molik =( .... Lucie Safarova...