PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham organisers must be desperate for a Nicole win!

StephenUK
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Poor Birmingham organisers! Their biggest marquee names, Sharapova and JJ pulled out before the tournament started. Now they've lost Mirza and Bartoli who were probably the best known players left; Mirza would be very well supported by Birmingham's large Indian community, I would have thought. Only Nicole and Mel South are in who could pull in the punters, I can't see the crowds flocking to Pin v Cetkovska, the Bondarenko sisters, Nakamura or Sunitha Rao!

Kipling
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:27 PM
That tourney is definitely hurting this week.

hankqq
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:28 PM
If there's anyone who can lose to a player who's on a losing streak, it's Dechy, so fear not! :)

vadin124
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM
i'm sure Misa will be relatively well known with her run to the quarters of Wimby last year

StephenUK
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:42 PM
i'm sure Misa will be relatively well known with her run to the quarters of Wimby last year

Yes, maybe Misa will get the show court matches faute de mieux!!

Slumpsova
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:46 PM
i wouldn't worry about that. Nicole needs her first win and she will sail through the title :)

goldlion
Jun 12th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Provided the weak field remaining, Nicole has to win it somehow, even it's a Tier III

delicatecutter
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:01 AM
Well HELLO. Nicole is the Queen of Tier IIIs.....

I still don't think she'll win this, but it is right up her alley.

kittyking
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:07 AM
If Marina wins the title then Birmingham gets free promotion for a week here :yeah:

Slutati
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:13 AM
I think we're all a bit desperate for a Nicole win:o:tape:

Go Nikki, you can do it:kiss::hearts:

drake3781
Jun 12th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Alona is starting to get some public notice with her brightly dyed blonde hair, kewpie doll face, and her new K Swiss ads featuring her lying on the court in her tennis gear.

oceandrive
Jun 12th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Alona Wears Too Much Makeup ....not Appealing At All,plus Her Face Is Always Sunburned.

pav
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Alona has the bloody X factor!

Shepster
Jun 12th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Poor Birmingham organisers! Their biggest marquee names, Sharapova and JJ pulled out before the tournament started. Now they've lost Mirza and Bartoli who were probably the best known players left; Mirza would be very well supported by Birmingham's large Indian community, I would have thought. Only Nicole and Mel South are in who could pull in the punters, I can't see the crowds flocking to Pin v Cetkovska, the Bondarenko sisters, Nakamura or Sunitha Rao!
Mmm, day one had all the british girls in action, but the only two that would have got me there were Cirstea and Olaru, so I waited. Day 2 had nothing really I was interested in and so I went yesterday for Sania, Nicole and Marion. Today I wouldn't have minded seeing Misa/Yanina but I do agree MEl and Nicole are the only reasons to go.

With Mirza, it was hilarious what happened at her match - literally 2/3rds of the main court had an exodus after the O'Brien match, now I know it had just gone 1pm and some people would have wanted food and some would have gone over to see Cavaday on the other court, but ... damn. It was much more British and Bartoli, plus I think a lot of the crowd were women who had dropped the kids off at school then come down to the tennis, so having Nicole on last doesn't really help them.

lindsayno1
Jun 12th, 2008, 10:40 AM
im so glad i didnt bother getting tix this year!

BartoliBabes
Jun 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM
the tennis might still be good

Mana
Jun 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Alona has the bloody X factor!

I agree, she has the hottest body in womens tennis IMO :drool:

kittyking
Jun 12th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I agree, she has the hottest body in womens tennis IMO :drool:

:ras:

If I was single, and straighter, and could date anyone on the planet, based purely because of their figure - then Jelena Jankovic get your butt over here :drool: