PDA

View Full Version : Who Thinks Bartoli Can Win Wimbledon?

rommel99
Jun 11th, 2008, 01:35 AM
if you look at the trend, both ana and maria was runner up in both aussie open and french open last year and got trashed by serena and justine and end up winning this year.. so do you think marion can take wimbledon?

RJWCapriati
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:57 AM
interesting.....anything is possible with Bartoli and her unpredictable game

NeeemZ
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Right now, she'd be lucky to get to the 4th round.

So Disrespectful
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Bartoli is the only player in the top 20 with a losing record this year (other than Tatiana who has barely played).

austennis
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:18 AM
would be a huge shock...i dont really see it happening. Ana and Maria were the 2 best players of this year irrespective of how they played last year.. ana almost deserves 2 b going for 3rd slam in a row where as marion cant even beat casey on clay

Jeff
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Well, if players do not perform to their potential then it is possible. The French Open opened up a lot this year. In the end, Ivanovic won...not the predicted winner by most, but not a huge upset either.

In the past, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open have not been known for surprising champions. Typically the better players always seem to win this event, so ultimately, although Bartoli may have a good run like she did last year she will eventually play someone like Venus, Serena, Sharapova, Ivanovic, Jankovic etc. etc. that are in good form and will defeat her.

The Kaz
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:31 AM
would be a huge shock...i dont really see it happening. Ana and Maria were the 2 best players of this year irrespective of how they played last year.. ana almost deserves 2 b going for 3rd slam in a row where as marion cant even beat casey on clay

If you really like Casey please spell her name right in ur sig...

Its Dellacqua not Delaqua

Lets Go Marion Lets Go! :cool:

jazar
Jun 11th, 2008, 06:43 AM
bartoli doesnt even think she can win

rommel99
Jun 11th, 2008, 07:09 AM
so marion wins that means svetlana would win the US open!

then next year, ana would take the aussie open, safina will win the french..

Iceland
Jun 11th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Nope Marion can't. To win Wimbledon, you will have to beat players with a huge serve (Williams, Sharapova, Ivanovic) and lately, Marion has been unable to return properly. Casey had so many service winners and it was on clay :o.

ivanban
Jun 11th, 2008, 07:49 AM
ughh, I can't wait for Marion to lose gazillion points after Wimby and go back to around #30 where she belongs :o

rommel99
Jun 11th, 2008, 07:55 AM
agree haha. but it was fun while it laster her being part of the top ten. atleast there was always an early upset.

hankqq
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:01 AM
:lol:OMG-you guys are so mean to Bartoli! :lol: The Bartoli fans are going to freak when they read some of the responses!:lol:

Iceland
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Nope, because the things that are said here are quite true. Marion has lost in first round of the first two Slams, has barely won two matches in a row and her shape has been more suspicious than ever. Right now, she doesn't deserve her top 10 spot and I'm kind of relieved she will be out of it after Wimbledon ... unless she starts to play very well again before ;).

Langers
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:11 AM
She will lose in the 1st Round.

hankqq
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Nope, because the things that are said here are quite true. Marion has lost in first round of the first two Slams, has barely won two matches in a row and her shape has been more suspicious than ever. Right now, she doesn't deserve her top 10 spot and I'm kind of relieved she will be out of it after Wimbledon ... unless she starts to play very well again before ;).

This thread is going to be good fun real soon. :lol: :devil:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:14 AM
No way that she will win! If she's lucky she will get a qualifier in the first round but I think that will be one of two wins she can pull off this year. Sorry, but she is just not playing anywhere near a decent level of play!

MaBaker
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Perhaps she can, after she saves the earth from a large meteor :bounce:

Mr.Kardashian
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:15 AM
i like marion but no she definitely cannot win wimbledon this year

Mana
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
If Marion plays to her extreme talent, its in the bag :yeah:

Zébulon
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I just hope she'll do well. :shrug:

Junex
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:31 AM
if you look at the trend, both ana and maria was runner up in both aussie open and french open last year and got trashed by serena and justine and end up winning this year.. so do you think marion can take wimbledon?

ugh.. i never find this thread before i created mine...
but i might as well add that justine was a runner-up in USO06 and went on to win the 07 edition!
so the trend actually starts earlier.... :angel:

Iceland
Jun 11th, 2008, 09:19 AM
This thread is going to be good fun real soon. :lol: :devil:
Why? I love Marion's game but let's be honest, she is no longer the same one year after. Her movement has worsened, she is no longer patient, her serve is very inconsistent & she tires herself very easily. Last year, she was extremely accurate, her return of serve was almost robotic, she could keep a very high 1st serve % & her movement was good, based on anticipation and a decent shape. She has worked too hard to adding more power to her shots, I don't find this was the good move, because she is losing on consistency.

But it's true that on grass, there are only shorts rallies, her flat strokes can be very dangerous. The only question is about which Marion will show up. Marion played quite well in the 1st set against Casey for example and the day after, she was totally awful. So it's hard to say.

Renalicious
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Yep, Marion will get to the 3rd round. She won't win but I believe she can in the future.

BartoliBabes
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:15 AM
:lol:OMG-you guys are so mean to Bartoli! :lol: The Bartoli fans are going to freak when they read some of the responses!:lol:

i ain't gonna freak. last year a guy said marion would win wimb, an everyone laughed. she made the final!

A Magicman
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:19 AM
i don't see her winning that thing, but with a lucky draw, she can make the semis.

Igor and Jelena out of the Top4 seeds might be quite vulnerable on grass.

Ballbasher
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Her name is still Svetlana not Igor ;)
Well I hope the best for Marion a Fourth Round would be ok.

Shimizu Amon
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I don't see her winning Wimbledon, as I don't understand that there's an actual thread about this subject ;).

Dawson.
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:24 PM
nah because to win wimbledon you would need to win a match - which marion is not capable of at the minute :lol:

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 11th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Bartoli will NEVER win Wimbledon.

with that said, she won't even reach the quarters this year.

InsideOut.
Jun 11th, 2008, 01:52 PM
^would be funny if she did, though I doubt it.

3rd round at best.

ASP0315
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:17 PM
i like marion but
i don't think she will win this. I'll suprised if manages to reach 4th rd.
She needs to get her serve sorted out. If she manges to that she will probably has a good chance to stay in top 10

tequila
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Bartoli ftw!

Jorn
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I doubt she can win Wimby. 0-6 loss today in FS!

The Kaz
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:50 PM
If she wins 1 match ill be happy :sobbing:

Aravanecaravan
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:25 PM
It looks like Marion is rounding into grasscourt form...

Adrian.
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Never Ever:haha:

Mchstnate
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:39 PM
:lol::lol: Bartoli is seriously one of the most overrated players....she just had a good run last

year and I wouldn't expect her to go very far.:eek:

A'DAM
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Anyone who thinks she can win wimbledon must be on crack :o