Jun 10th, 2008, 10:11 PM
That's a great reception for her, she looks lovely too

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Beograd:hearts::inlove:

jelenacg
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:12 PM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/jelenacg/00capanuska3vzb1.jpg
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/jelenacg/1184196448484eb4b05bdb7849329342.jpg

Emina.
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:12 PM
lovely.

cocco80
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Beograd:hearts::inlove:

you should come, Marko. I'll be more than happy to show you around. :devil:

hankqq
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Ana :D :worship: :hearts:

Is Jelena one of the fans in the crowd holding up a sign for Ana? :devil:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:20 PM
What a nice little welcoming party...;) Simply amazing :worship:

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:21 PM
you should come, Marko. I'll be more than happy to show you around. :devil:
:haha:
I've been to Belgrade a few times already:ras: I spent new years eve there this year and it was amazing:bounce::worship: Love it!

cellophane
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:28 PM
She looks gorgeous.

joaco
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Wow!

aeronatasha
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I was there.:) She was clearly nervous, but it all went well. Gave a nice speech, I enjoyed it. The guy kept aksing her when she'll get married, is she looking forward to the grass ("soooo relaxing", as he pointed out - my guess he was stoned :lol:, but still.. made a great show, I love that guy, one of our best actors).

Good turn out too.:) Only wish they played the anthem.

cocco80
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I was there.:) She was clearly nervous, but it all went well. Gave a nice speech, I enjoyed it. The guy kept aksing her when she'll get married, is she looking forward to the grass ("soooo relaxing", as he pointed out - my guess he was stoned :lol:, but still.. made a great show, I love that guy, one of our best actors).

Good turn out too.:) Only wish they played the anthem.

:yeah:
no doubt about that.

faboozadoo15
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:54 PM
She looks absolutely beautiful.
They'd better treasure her.

spiritedenergy
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:13 PM
OMG she looks like Evita Peron:lol:

Serbians are a "little" bit fanatics. But that's probably the kind of reception for soccer players in other countries so it's ;)
Nothing to Jelena and Novak? They still made the semifinals...

But anyways, Ana back on grass courts now!:p

DownTheLine21
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hopefully Ana will win the USO while I'm living in Belgrade. I would love to attend something like this.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Last year they were honoring all 3 of the players.... odd now they are honoring Ana only this time :lol:

DownTheLine21
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:38 PM
:yeah:
no doubt about that.

Did you attend the celebration?

faboozadoo15
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Last year they were honoring all 3 of the players.... odd now they are honoring Ana only this time :lol:

Why is that weird? She won!
I wouldn't expect Ana and Jelena to have stolen Novak's party after the AO even though they each did amazingly well-- F and SF.

spiritedenergy
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Final words of Ana's speech:

"It will be difficult at Wimbledon but I think we will be able to meet here again to party," she said before throwing tennis balls into the crowd.

:spit:

aeronatasha
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:46 PM
OMG she looks like Evita Peron:lol:

Serbians are a "little" bit fanatics. But that's probably the kind of reception for soccer players in other countries so it's ;)
Nothing to Jelena and Novak? They still made the semifinals...

But anyways, Ana back on grass courts now!:p

Fanatics we most certainly are.;) But this is nothing. You should have seen us back in the day when we kicked ass in basketball, won the Olymic gold in volleyball.. We used to sing great cheering songs (always the case for team sports).

I wish we had a theme song we could sing for tennis too, to create more of an atmosphere. Rest asured, despite all this fame tennis is enjoying in Serbia, if we were to win, say, European/World Championship in football.. this town would have EXPLODED to bits and pieces. All hell would break loose!

As for SF's for Novak and Jelena.. that no longer does it for us, we're greedy bastards.:devil:

aeronatasha
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:48 PM

Well, they'd get their share of ovations and claps if they were in Belgrade for this event. People love Novak waaaaaaaaaay more then the both girls combined.

spiritedenergy
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Well, they'd get their share of ovations and claps if they were in Belgrade for this event. People love Novak waaaaaaaaaay more then the both girls combined.

:(

Emina.
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:50 PM

After the AO they were honoring Novak alone..the girls were not there.

aeronatasha
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:51 PM
That's just the way it is. The boy is funnier, more charismatic, more appealing and dare I say smarter then both of them, so it's only natural.:angel:

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Don't worry, I think it's Novak>>>>Ana>>>>>Jelena:hug:

spiritedenergy
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Don't worry, I think it's Novak>>>>Ana>>>>>Jelena:hug:

Oh that's ok then:hug:

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Oh that's ok then:hug:
:rolls: How do you do those sweet cleo colors? I have no idea:(

aeronatasha
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Hmm.. well, not really Marko. They're kinda equal. People think Ana is prettier, and JJ's much more fun, everyone loves their games even though they're different, so.. yeah, they're even I'd say. Well the hype's round Ana at the moment, but it will blow over.

cocco80
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Did you attend the celebration?

No. I think it's meant for kids and teens. Not my cup of tea.

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Hmm.. well, not really Marko. They're kinda equal. People think Ana is prettier, and JJ's much more fun, everyone loves their games even though they're different, so.. yeah, they're even I'd say. Well the hype's round Ana at the moment, but it will blow over.
I see:hatoff: I always thought people like Ana more, I don't know why:shrug: Novak is a legend:worship:

aeronatasha
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:05 AM
No. I think it's meant for kids and teens. Not my cup of tea.

Actually not that many teens as I was dreading, I was quite surprized. Yeah lots of them in the front rows, but quite normal in the back. I'm not a fan, just a supporter btw. Just though it would be nice of me to show up and show my appreciation. Our tennis players are doing a good job representing our country, so this is the least I can do. :)

cocco80
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Actually not that many teens as I was dreading, I was quite surprized. Yeah lots of them in the front rows, but quite normal in the back. I'm not a fan, just a supporter btw. Just though it would be nice of me to show up and show my appreciation. Our tennis players are doing a good job representing our country, so this is the least I can do. :)

Really? I always see kids in the front rows so I assume there aren't any adults. Good to know.
thanks.

aeronatasha
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Really? I always see kids in the front rows so I assume there aren't any adults. Good to know.
thanks.

Plenty of adults, I assure you. Normal-not-squeeking-lunatics ones I might add. I enjoyed it today, really.:)

Maybe you could see for yourself next time. ;)

cocco80
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Plenty of adults, I assure you. Normal-not-squeeking-lunatics ones I might add. I enjoyed it today, really.:)

Maybe you could see for yourself next time. ;)

I hope there's gonna be next time. Soon. :drool:

aeronatasha
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Oh she'll climb up there a few more times.;) Don't worry. :)

aeronatasha
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:38 AM
Some more pics if anyone's interested.

http://www.mtsmondo.com/gallery/index.php?id=1585

RenaSlam.
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:39 AM
What a great moment for both Belgrade and Ana.

:hearts: She is stunning.

renzo07
Jun 11th, 2008, 01:47 AM
someone have ana´photos in final RG in high quality?..

Cam'ron Giles
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:03 AM
They've done this for Venus and Serena in the middle of Times Sq 14 times now...and all of America comes out every single time...it never gets old...:D

Danči Dementia
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:26 AM
someone have ana“photos in final RG in high quality?..

Go to Serbian Sensatiosn forum and you will find some HQ pics:D

Ana and Belgrade:worship::worship:

Diesel
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Nice to see :yeah:

peanuts
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:52 AM
What a reception!! And it's all about Ana. :lol: I did thought at first they'll have Novak and JJ there too but I guess it is Ana's special moment for winning the FO. Nice to see Ana's achivement being celebrated with so many people in attendance. It must have been crazy and fun! :D

rafa the best
Jun 11th, 2008, 07:13 AM

I don't agree. There are many people who don't like him and his family. JJ & Ana are loved by everyone and their families are normal.

Hashim.
Jun 11th, 2008, 07:19 AM
wow!!!!she looks nice:hearts:

Huntress55
Jun 11th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Great reception :D She looked amazing too.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 11th, 2008, 07:59 AM
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/jelenacg/1184196448484eb4b05bdb7849329342.jpg

Shame that her trophy is... well... "tiny". :lol:

Should have the real thing with her... but her smile alone is enough to compensate for that :hearts:

All hail Princess Ana, the newest "royalty" in town :worship::worship:

n.sad
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
ana was amazing yesterday :)

Cp6uja
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Before this RG in Serbian "popularity contest" we have

Novak > Jelena > Ana (>, not ">>>" )

but things maybe will be change now after this big success.
It's like Everton have more fans in city of Liverpool or City have more fans than United in city of Manchester ;););) but we all know who is leader in global popularity ;););).

BTW Ana or JJ dont have any chances to be compared with Nole till our national TV (or any other "national chanel" ) broadcasting all Djokovic GS and ATP masters series matches and girls people here have chances to watch only at slams and never else (only exception is Miami final match in whole this year - our television chanels not show ever IW or Rome FINALS, and for Djokovic we have to watch even 1st round matches from some minor tournaments like Roterdam). Only other WTA competition out of slams which we able to watch is FED CUP and despite her almost perfect FC record (something like 11-1) she never masks her feelings about that sh*ty event till almost all our opponents is out of TOP100. About 25% people have Eurosport (even more in big cities) but in general across season we watching more matches of Janko Tipsarevic than Ana or Jelena (and especialy Novak).

People "dont like" Ana here too much because many BS explanations like she is "too perfect", "too organized", "too profitable", "too west", "too nice"...etc but now when she is slam champion and worlds #1 i think that people (and young kids especialy) will realize that all about and around Ana works good and produce good results and deserve respect - not jelaousy or misunderstanding.

Reason for this celebration is not because Serbs like to celebrate - it's because first time ever we have WTA#1 and WTA slam title in Serbian history if we not count Monica Seles from ex-Yugoslavia era. We celebrate Djokovic for 1st ATP title ever for our country and when he reach #1 if that will be after some GS win i expect again celebration like this in Belgrade. Last RG is officialy birth of Serbian tennis like ultimate worlds force (at AO/07 nobody of Serbs still not played in 2nd week and at RG/07 we have 2SF and 1final). If Jelena reach her 1st slam (+ #1) of course that here will be celebrations - but if for example Ana won most prestiguos Wimbledon i'm doubt that celebration will be repeated. Ana (and her team and family) actualy not plan this yesterdays celebration and if her biggest domestic sponsor "Verano" not insist it will probably not happen.

Kworb
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I hope Ana and Jelena win more Slams so they can take the spotlight away from the most disgusting tennis player in the world, Djokovic.

rafa the best
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Kworb, I agree.

Anabelcroft
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Well,from what I have seen in those pictures Belgrade is a very nice city...and Anna is so cute!

ElusiveChanteuse
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Ana :hearts:
Yeah,I thought the trophy should be a bigger one instead of that?:confused:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Dang... the video is in Serbian... can't understand a thing... :(

SOA_MC
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:43 AM
I don't agree. There are many people who don't like him and his family. JJ & Ana are loved by everyone and their families are normal.

Didn't you post here that Ana is the least popular of the three in Serbia:confused:

Adal
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:44 AM
That dress is awful, but she still looks stunning :hearts:

Nikkiri
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Didn't you post here that Ana is the least popular of the three in Serbia:confused:

And then Ana won a GS..:secret:

Kworb
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Let's hope Ana doesn't write a book about her first Grand Slam victory.

http://www.abies.net/shop/novak/images/proiz/monoshop_en.jpg

Princeza
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I guess it is Ana's special moment for winning the FO.

:yeah: deserved one.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:04 PM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

I still remember that one... self praise to the highest level :lol:

Backhand_stille
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:05 PM
:bounce:

cintatenis
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:00 PM

Is it me, or there is actually a typo on that cover? What is OPPENENTS? :confused:

Kworb
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Is it me, or there is actually a typo on that cover? What is OPPENENTS? :confused:

That's not the cover, it's just an ad for it. :p And yes there is a typo in it.

Here is the cover:

http://www.abies.net/shop/novak/slikaprikazi.php?&idd=1961&fleg=proiz

matty
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Wow, she's like a rock star there!

cocco80
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:25 PM
This topic is not for you to diss novak..
go to MTF..

Kworb
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM
It's not about Novak, it's about Ana potentially doing the same thing.

cocco80
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:00 PM
It's not about Novak, it's about Ana potentially doing the same thing.

Is because she's a Serb too, Kworb? :rolleyes:

H.P.O.
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Awesome reception! I guess she felt like a princess. :) Too bad I don't understand Serbian.

Kworb
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Is because she's a Serb too, Kworb? :rolleyes:
Yes, cause we were talking about their respective popularity in Serbia and that's how the comparisons between them started, and then I remembered Djoker's stupid book and expressed my wish that Ana will never exploit her popularity in such a megalomaniacal way.

okayawesome21
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:46 PM

i remember this...this is when novak officially lost me as a fan. i mean, hes a great player, but really? i think its safe to say though that ana would never do such a thing (or at least thats what im hoping)