PDA

View Full Version : Ivanovic OUT of Eastbourne! Hantuchova OUT of Rosmalen

tobi
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:39 PM
She withdrew today and replaced by Dellacqua.

*Hantuchova out of s'Hertogenbosch too.

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah. VAMOS.

Hashim.
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:41 PM
reason???:unsure:

hope she is fine:)

Noctis
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:42 PM
OH WHAT,I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO LINDSAY TO TRASH HER.:l Oh Well.
Y Anyway?Because she won RG?

frenchie
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:44 PM
smart decision IMO

Nastya did the same 4 years ago saying she had too much press to do and couldn't prepare properly for the grass...
She ended up losing to Frazier in the 3rd round at Wimbly after leading 6/4 4/2!

slamchamp
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:47 PM
will she lose points from last year or something?

dybbuk
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:48 PM
will she lose points from last year or something?

Not sure, but I don't think so. Her points were only a Tier III semi, I don't think it's on her 17 best points, but I could be wrong.

Dexter
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Wise decision. :yeah:will she lose points from last year or something?Don't get your hopes up. Only 35 points from Rosmalen which changes nothing in the rankings. :)

tobi
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Hantuchova withdrew from s'Hertogenbosch too.

Josh.
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Daniela, I fear you wont be fit for Wimbledon. :unsure:

ASP0315
any reason why.?
I understand Hantuchova's withdrawal but ivanovic's withdrawal doesn't make any sense.?

danieln1
Now Eastbourne belongs to Lindsay, she´s the best grass court player in the draw without a doubt!

Nikkiri
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah. VAMOS.

:cuckoo:

Wise decision. :yeah:Don't get your hopes up. Only 35 points from Rosmalen which changes nothing in the rankings. :)

Love how Maria's fans got all excited. :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:51 PM
smart decision IMO

Nastya did the same 4 years ago saying she had too much press to do and couldn't prepare properly for the grass...
She ended up losing to Frazier in the 3rd round at Wimbly after leading 6/4 4/2!

:angel:

I hope Ana is 100% for Wimby:bounce:.

hankqq
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:52 PM
This is hysterical-none of the favorites for Wimbledon are playing warm up events. This gives 2 other dangerous players (Kuznetsova and Davenport) time to get their games in gear. Mauresmo is another player who I expect to start playing better on grass.

We know that Serena and Venus never play on grass except Wimbledon, but with Sharapova, Jankovic and now Ivanovic going to Wimbledon and starting cold, things could get interesting if they get rough early round draws.

mure
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:54 PM
bad news if we consider cp6uja's theory about ana's consecutive tournaments..

otherwise i'm sure she and her team know better

Expat
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:56 PM
so this means ivanovic will have her usual let down tournament after winning big in wimby :help:

goldenlox
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Vera has a chance at Eastbourne. She's won Birmingham and was 2 points from beating Sveta at Eastbourne the year Sveta won it.

Noctis
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Lindsay Own This Field Mwhawhah

dybbuk
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:57 PM
bad news if we consider cp6uja's theory about ana's consecutive tournaments..

otherwise i'm sure she and her team know better

Well, to be fair, she won Berlin, pulled out of Rome, and made the French final last year. :p

johnoo
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:59 PM
This is hysterical-none of the favorites for Wimbledon are playing warm up events.
I just cannot believe there taking this gamble,well I guess there all in the same situation i.e none of the expected favorites are playing any warm up events on grass.

roelc
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:01 PM
oh daniela :(

I hope she'll be able to recover from this injury
I fear for wimbledon...

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:01 PM
:cuckoo:

I agree, that was kinda weird. :lol:

Maria needs all the points Ana can't get. ;)

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Don't play Wimbledon Dani:hug::sobbing::crying2:

Danči Dementia
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I think Ana did a smart choice....
Dani :sad: please get better I wanna se her playing again!!!!!!
Wimbledon will be yours girl!!!

Dawson.
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:04 PM
great, now eastbourne has got the worst line up for years! only 1 top 10 player! s'Hertogenbosch has 3!!!

Nikkiri
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I agree, that was kinda weird. :lol:

Maria needs all the points Ana can't get. ;)

I just thought Maria's fans were confident she'd get back to #1 those aren't very confident posts to me. :p

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I just thought Maria's fans were confident she'd get back to #1 those aren't very confident posts to me. :p

I'm actually not too sure. I hope she will, but it might not happen.

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I think Ana did a smart choice....
Dani :sad: please get better I wanna se her playing again!!!!!!
Wimbledon will be yours girl!!!
I don't think Dani should play Wimbledon though:sad::tears:
THIS YEAR SUCKS:fiery::sobbing:

Ben.
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Rest up Ana :)
But at least Casey is in the MD now :D

joćo.
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Dani :(

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:17 PM
That's a bummer! I would have liked to see how Ana would do on grass!:sad:
But what's even worse is Dani!! Why is she always plaqued(that's the word??) by stupid injuries? That is so NOT fai!!! I really really hope this stress fracture won't end her career now that she was finally back in the top 10 and starting the year so well!! :tears: Please come back, girl!!!

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Wise decision. :yeah:Don't get your hopes up. Only 35 points from Rosmalen which changes nothing in the rankings. :)

:lol: Same ole Dexter :lol:

NyCPsU
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Worst news ever. This is really, really bad. I really fear for Daniela's career right now. :(

faboozadoo15
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Not sure, but I don't think so. Her points were only a Tier III semi, I don't think it's on her 17 best points, but I could be wrong.

Considering she's lost in the first round quite a few times for a number one, I'd have good money that a semi is well within her 17 best. She doesn't play THAT much.

dybbuk
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Considering she's lost in the first round quite a few times for a number one, I'd have good money that a semi is well within her 17 best. She doesn't play THAT much.

Well if you had bothered to read the rest of the thread you would see that it was already cleared up. ;)

Lunaris
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Not surprising about Daniela, it still makes me sad, though. I am afraid she will be forced to pull out of the Olympics, which would really suck cuz she was so looking forward to it. :sad:

faboozadoo15
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Well if you had bothered to read the rest of the thread you would see that it was already cleared up. ;)

And? :weirdo: What did I say that was incorrect?

NyCPsU
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Ana only reached the quarters. Dani beat her 3 and 1 to reach the semis :drool: ;)

DownTheLine21
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:12 PM
LOL! Ana made a Tier III QF (35 Points) last year. Nothing is going to change in the rankings. She's has a 400+ point lead over Sharapova.

faboozadoo15
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:32 PM
LOL! Ana made a Tier III QF (35 Points) last year. Nothing is going to change in the rankings. She's has a 400+ point lead over Sharapova.

No one said this would change the rankings.
Wimbledon points come off pretty soon too.

Slampova
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Sharapova copycat! :unsure:

RenaSlam.
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:41 AM
I'm glad.

The top players perform better when they don't play in warm-up tournaments anyway ;)

okayawesome21
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:48 AM
eh....ana tends to do better in tournaments when she has a couple weeks rest.
heres to hoping that since all the top players are resting well, they will give us one hell of a wimbledon.
forgot to add...hope dani feels better by wimbledon.

Mchstnate
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:49 AM
This doesn't surprise me. It seems alot of the top seeds are takin the two weeks off.

ASP0315
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I'm glad.

The top players perform better when they don't play in warm-up tournaments anyway ;)

that is true.

.Andrew.
Jun 11th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Be fit for Wimbledon, Ana and Daniela! :hug:

Daniela has been out for awhile now. Didn't know it would be this serious. :(

JPA
Jun 11th, 2008, 01:43 AM
best wishes and get well Daniela! its been almost 3 months since we have seen you grace the courts. can't wait to see you again!

So Disrespectful
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Hope this is cautionary for Daniela. If she can't play at Wimbledon she'll be very disappointed and so will her fans. This season has been awful because she was in great form before illness and injury took over.

austennis
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:24 AM
not suprising she might need some time to understand and comprehend what has happened in last 2weeks. rather than have a bad loss b4 wimby and lose her confidence
gooodluck ana :D :D

Mikey.
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:09 AM
She withdrew today and replaced by Dellacqua.

*Hantuchova out of s'Hertogenbosch too.

:sobbing: Ana :hug:

At least something good came of it. Go Casey! :rocker2:

Dani :sobbing: When will you ever come back? :sobbing:

miss_molik
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:50 AM
Go Casey!

Christinawww
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:16 AM
get well soon Daniela. I miss you on court.

Oswald56
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Hope Dani is just being careful before The Championships.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 11th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Phew! "Curse of Eastbourne" averted!!

I suspect she is having secret training somewhere on grass....

G&R
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:08 AM
best wishes and get well Daniela! its been almost 3 months since we have seen you grace the courts. can't wait to see you again!

:worship:

Ballbasher
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Wise choice.Sveta please withdraw,too :sad:
Dani :bigcry:

Renalicious
Jun 11th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Dani :sad:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:24 AM

if you knew who you were replying to, you would understand why that just isn't possible :lol:

Shimizu Amon
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I think it's a wise decision from Ana. She could use the rest, especially with Wimbledon coming up. The schedule for the next months will be brutal, especially with the Olympics.

Cp6uja
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:30 PM
I think it's a wise decision from Ana. She could use the rest, especially with Wimbledon coming up. The schedule for the next months will be brutal, especially with the Olympics.I'm totaly agree.

BTW Venus and Serena never compete in Birmingham or s'Het***bosh and last time they compete in Eastbourne is in XX century.

Maybe for mans is important to have one grass tournament before Wimbledon - but for womans to adapt on new surface is enough training preparation with solid hitting partner. So after winning RG two weeks pause for Ana is best solution by far right now.

But for Hantuchova it's only sign that her injury problems is still serious. Bad news no doubt.

Huntress55
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Im only happy with Ana's decision because its good news for Casey haha.

gotthebend
Jun 11th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Daniela's injury is not looking good.:help:

Inside Photos
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Here are the details on the withdrawal:

Ana Ivanovic said: “I'm very sorry to anyone who was hoping to see me play in Eastbourne. I've heard great things about the tournament and I was looking forward to going there, spending some time near the sea, and preparing for Wimbledon."

"I have a problem with my abductor. I am also mentally exhausted after the French Open - I am not ready to compete so soon after winning my first Grand Slam. I have taken this decision with some regret, and I hope I can finally play in Eastbourne next year."

Expat
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Wise choice.Sveta please withdraw,too :sad:
Dani :bigcry:
sveta needs a weakass draw to finally win a tier 2
she wont withdraw

matty
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:12 PM
It's not fun when your fave is out with an injury...:sad:

I hope this thing with Daniela is not career threatening.

matty
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:17 PM
That's a bummer! I would have liked to see how Ana would do on grass!:sad:
But what's even worse is Dani!! Why is she always plaqued(that's the word??) by stupid injuries? That is so NOT fai!!! I really really hope this stress fracture won't end her career now that she was finally back in the top 10 and starting the year so well!! :tears: Please come back, girl!!!

Hantuchova has actually had a relatively injury free career--until now. This foot thing is kinda a big one. :sad:

justine schnyder
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Dani :sad: Please get well soon!

Expat
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:28 PM
It's not fun when your fave is out with an injury...:sad:

I hope this thing with Daniela is not career threatening.
isnt this the same injury that forced seles into retirement?

mc8114
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Danka :crying2:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:40 PM
"I have a problem with my abductor. I am also mentally exhausted after the French Open - I am not ready to compete so soon after winning my first Grand Slam. I have taken this decision with some regret, and I hope I can finally play in Eastbourne next year."

Abductor? What's that? :scratch:

Hope she recovers in time for Wimby! :bounce:

Rach33
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:44 PM
its an action of the muscles in ur arms/legs that enables you to raise them up in the air :) people rename the muscles abductors so i assume thats what she means :confused:

Expat
Jun 11th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Abductor? What's that? :scratch:

Hope she recovers in time for Wimby! :bounce:
i think its adductor
the same one amelie pulled after wimby last year

Cp6uja
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
It's only excuse for withdraws...
Real reason is:

DownTheLine21
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:50 PM
It's only excuse for withdraws...
Real reason is:

I agree.

The Daviator
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:41 PM
:(

Well at least I can cheer on Lindsay 100% now :D

slamchamp
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:46 PM
why do u say that? I love Ana:angel: