PDA

View Full Version : Will Daniela, Tati, Na etc be fit for Wimbledon?

StephenUK
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Hi folks

Just wondering what the latest was on these players recently absent from the tour with injury and whether they will make Wimbledon:
Daniela Hantuchova - pulled out of RG
Tatiana Golovin - pulled out of RG, Birmingham and Eastbourne (must be v doubtful)
Na Li - pulled out of RG
Meghann Shaughnessy - pulled out of RG and Barcelona
Meilen Tu - pulled out of RG and Birmingham
Mara Santangelo - pulled out of Birmingham and has had recurrent injuries

These players also pulled out of Birmingham, though not sure how much of it was due to precaution
- Jankovic, Azarenka, A Radwanska, Zvonareva, Safina, Chan

These players also pulled out of Barcelona
- Kanepi, Salerni, Pironkova, Kloesel

Eleni Daniilidou has pulled out of the Championships, but Lindsay Davenport intends to play Eastbourne and should be fit for Wimbledon, I presume.

These players are also out of Q: Granville, Petkovic, Likhovtseva, Malek, Zhang, Pivovarova, Pratt, Ferguson.

Any other injury worries?

G&R
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I hope that dani tati na and mara will play wimbledon

Natash.
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Petkovic has been injured since Aussie Open very badly but she's doing well I hear. Pivovarova had a bad injury in RG.

I'm sure the ones that had good runs at RG just withdrew because of rest and all that.

Jorn
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:47 PM
What happen with Cibulkova today?

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I expect Tati to withdraw:shrug: No point in playing really. I think Daniela will be fit:)

StephenUK
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:57 PM
What happen with Cibulkova today?

Yes, I noticed her pulling out of her match.

Lilia Osterloh also lost 6-0 2-0 retired to Kirilenko.

Lunaris
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Hantuchova won't be fit, which however doesn't mean she won't play. :o
Cibulkova pulled out due to an abdominal muscle strain.

Slutiana
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Tati wants to be 100% before she plays... God knows what is 100%

The Dawntreader
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Pratt? WTF:lol:

Hantu515
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Daniela is supposed to play in Rosmalen, so I don't see why she wouldn't play Wimbledon

Escape
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Pratt? WTF:lol:

Didn't she retire?
Or is she coming back for Wimbledon :lol:

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Tati wants to be 100% before she plays... God knows what is 100%
:rolls::sobbing:

ASP0315
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:42 PM
i have full confidence in hatuchova returning to Wimbledon.
She will the darkhorse at wimbledon and most likely could cause a big upset at wimby.(ana ivanovic, maria sharapova and serena williams could be victims.) ;)

Golovin - probably most likely to pull out of wimby. golovin is not a good grass court player and she is very good indoor, hard court player. I personally think she should play wimby if she is 100% fit and passes the fitness test. Otherwise it is better to sit out.

Uranus
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I fear Tatiana & esp. Daniela might withdraw from Wimbledon - even 2 or 3 days before the tournament begins. :sad:

Josh.
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Daniela even more so now since she just withdrew from s'Hertogenbosch aswell.

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Daniela even more so now since she just withdrew from s'Hertogenbosch aswell.
What?:sad: I hate injuries:fiery::sobbing:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:12 PM
I don't expect either Tati or Dani to fit to play competitive tennis at Wimbledon. I would be very happy to be wrong but if they aren't fit enough to play a warm up event I don't know how they are going to within just a few days after a long while out of the game magically work their way into form that is actually going to win a match or two. I suppose it within the realms of possibility but I don't see it happening. :sad:

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I hope that all of them will be fit for wimbledon but I highly doubt it! Why do always the nice girls get all the nasty injuries?:help:

Hikari
Jun 11th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Li Na will be at Wimbledon according to Sina sports. She is currently in Germany going through rehab after her knee surgery, and will fly directly to England from Germany. The other Chinese players are currently undergoing training in preparation for Wimbledon and the Olympics in China.