PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams has never forgiven Justine Henin?

LegendsofTennis
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:11 PM
(Flashback French Open Ladies Semifinals 2003)

Justine's semifinal win over Serena exploded in an ugly controversy midway through the 3rd set when Henin appeared not to follow normal tennis etiquette and allow Serena to replay a 1st serve. A tearful Serena said later ... "I was a little disappointed with her. It wasn't the turning point of the match, I should have still won the game. But to start lying and fabricating is not fair." But the fiesty Henin was unrepentant and felt comfortable with what happened.

"I wasn't ready to play the point. The chair umpire is there to deal with these kind of situations. "It's Serena's point of view but that's mine now and I feel comfortable with it." The acrimonous incident occurred at 4/2, 30/0 on Serena's serve in the 3rd set.

Unseen by the umpire, Justine raised her hand to indicate she was not ready to receive and Serena then served into the net. Serena had hoped Justine would tell the umpire she had raised her hand and allow her to replay her 1st serve. Henin said nothing and the stupid umpire did not intervene, forcing Serena to play her 2nd serve. Poor Serena lost the next four points to lose the service game and, eventually, the match.

jujufreak
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:20 PM
(Flashback French Open Ladies Semifinals 2003)

Justine's semifinal win over Serena exploded in an ugly controversy midway through the 3rd set when Henin appeared not to follow normal tennis etiquette and allow Serena to replay a 1st serve.

No no, Serena didn't follow normal tennis etiquette by serving while the opponent asked her to wait ;)

just imagine:

Serena: I want a first serve
umpire: why?
Serena: because she asked me to wait
umpire: but you didn't wait
Serena: no, but err...

:lol:

hacberto
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Damn that was so long ago, Let it go

Kworb
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:23 PM
This was clearly Serena's mistake for hitting the ball even though she saw Henin was not ready. It's like a wrong ball toss but you hit it anyway and then you're like "well I didn't toss the ball correctly, of course that serve doesn't count". I don't know why this meaningless "incident" is rehashed again and again.

LegendsofTennis
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:31 PM
No no, Serena didn't follow normal tennis etiquette by serving while the opponent asked her to wait ;)

:lol:

Have you forgotten that Justine herself denied the fact that she really raised her hands? Why would she deny something she really did?;)

If you have your hand up, just say you have ur hand up, no big deal. If you have to lie about something that small, you have serious issues. :lol:

In The Zone
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:33 PM
This was clearly Serena's mistake for hitting the ball even though she saw Henin was not ready. It's like a wrong ball toss but you hit it anyway and then you're like "well I didn't toss the ball correctly, of course that serve doesn't count". I don't know why this meaningless "incident" is rehashed again and again.

I don't think you've seen the clip. Henin raised her hand once Serena was in motion. It wasn't just up for 5 minutes and Serena ignored it.

You're just remarking on what you've heard. Clearly, you haven't seen it.

But I also don't know why we're talking about this. Henin has proved she is more than just BS and games, despite what 03 RG and 06 AO tell us.

Zamboni
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:35 PM
we've been through this.
A dozen times.