PDA

View Full Version : Kim Clijsters comeback?

Josh
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Flemish newspaper "De Standaard" cites Lindsay Davenport as saying that Kim is thinking about coming back. If her father wouldn't be seriously ill she might have already been practicing for a comeback. French magazine "Paris Match" also cites anonymous sources saying Kim is planning a comeback.

Here's the article (in Dutch) from "De Standaard'" :

Bereidt Kim Clijsters comeback voor?

Op het tennistornooi van Roland Garros gonsde het de jongste dagen van de geruchten dat Kim Clijsters een comeback voorbereidt. De Amerikaanse tennisster Lindsay Davenport heeft nog wel eens contact met de Limburgse en zij vertelde Amerikaanse journalisten dat Clijsters na haar bevalling een terugkeer naar de courts overweegt.
Ook Davenport zelf tennist weer na de geboorte van haar zoon. 'Omdat haar vader ziek is, komt het er nu niet van, maar anders was Kim haar comeback al aan het voorbereiden', aldus Davenport.

Ook in het jongste nummer van het magazine Paris Match worden anonieme bronnen geciteerd die zeggen dat Clijsters een terugkeer overweegt en dat ze in het geheim aan het uittesten is wat haar mogelijkheden nog zijn op een tennisterrein.

Ook Sabine Appelmans staat binnenkort weer op de court. Appelmans neemt tijdens Wimbledon deel aan het tornooi voor tennislegendes.

(bla, vwf)

http://www.standaard.be/Artikel/Detail.aspx?artikelId=DMF10062008_005&ref=front

Adal
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:49 AM
I hope she does :awww:

jujufreak
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Appelmans a tennis legend :tape:

fifiricci
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Oh please! What nonsense. Kim retired, full stop, and spent an age doing it as well. If she comes back now, she'll be some kind of laughing stock, even though she's a terrific player and would be good for the tour if she found her previous levels of success. :rolleyes:

frenchie
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:52 AM
I love those comebacks

Hingis
Schultz McCarthy
Stevenson
Dokic
Lucic
Bovina
Karatantcheva
Date-Krumm
and maybe Clijsters!!!

Please Henin....don't come back though

Slumpsova
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Appelmans a tennis legend :tape:
in Belgium she should :D

Mikey.
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Kimy! :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Slumpsova
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Oh please! What nonsense. Kim retired, full stop, and spent an age doing it as well. If she comes back now, she'll be some kind of laughing stock, even though she's a terrific player and would be good for the tour if she found her previous levels of success. :rolleyes:
i think if she really wants it, she will make a huge come back than Lindsay bc Kim is too young. but the question is does she ever want it? :o

^bibi^
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Didn't they already announced she was coming back like a month or 2 ago ?

I guess that's what they ut in the newspaper when they run out of other topics :lol:

shirley
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Virginia Wade mentioned this on the BBC following the women's final. She just said there was rumours going around of Kim coming back to the tour

JAMESYBABY!
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:33 AM
oo i hope so,, ive missed her :D

skanky~skanketta
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I'm loving this rumour!

Come back Kim!

Effy
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:35 AM
oh Kimmy :awww: tennis without her, Justine and Martina is just wrong

FrOzon
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I can't believe it but wouldn't it be terrific??!!

Convoluted
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Haha, I guess the grass is always greener on the other side :p

Would be brilliant if she came back though!

kfh_9118
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:08 AM
wow, hope this is true :angel:

muniu
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:13 AM
:bolt: :hearts: Go kimmy!!

up!
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:16 AM
It would be amazing but I think on the last pictures I saw of her, she is a little fat to be in a good shape and with her father's disease, I think she prefers to stay with him.

Kworb
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Kim would absolutely dominate this weak field, together with Sharapova.

Yasmine
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I seriously doubt it would happen :scratch: but we'll see.

LCS
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Why don't people just say they will take some time off instead of saying they're retiring....it's ridiculous to comeback a year or so later....we would all understand if she needed to take time off because of her pregnancy, I mean no one can have a child on a tennis court!...there's no need to say 'I'll retire' only to comeback some time later...I mean some injury sidelines can take more to heal than these supposed retirements....still Kim is very welcome again!

Emina.
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I miss her............................................... ....................

<Sven>
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I read articles about this too (on tennisinfo and één teletekst)
I really hope this will be true, we could have a KimSlam in 2009 now that Justine is gone :p (j/k)
But I doubt this will be true though.

thomas.chung
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:52 AM
me like Kim.

please come back. :)

frenchie
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Everybody is coming back except the most important one :

MYSKINA!!!!

Uranus
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Wow, I'm lovin' it! :hearts:

Xanadu11
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Ohh I hope she comes back. Babies on tour!! Jada can hang out with Jagger. Kim is still really young and naturally very athletic, so she could do really well. I mean she is still only what 25? And shes only really been retired for a year.

CORIA01
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:05 AM
It Will Be Great!

lienie18
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Rumour is officially denied by the Clijsters' spokesperson on different newspaper websites. Too bad :sad: (although expected ;))

Comeback Clijsters is kwakkel
Het gerucht dat Kim Clijsters zou overwegen om terug te keren in het tenniscircuit is een kwakkel. Dat vertelde de woordvoerder van de familie na een bericht in de VUM-kranten.

Keert Kim Clijsters terug? (foto belga)
"Kim Clijsters plant helemaal geen comeback. Het is totaal niet aan de orde", zegde Jeroen Jespers, de woordvoerder van de familie Clijsters.

"Ik sluit niet uit dat Kim ooit nog een exhibitiewedstrijd zal spelen, maar ook dat is nu helemaal niet aan de orde. Er is nu opnieuw een gerucht rond Kim Clijsters gelanceerd en we moeten dat gerucht weer de kop indrukken."

"Over Kim zijn al zoveel geruchten de wereld ingestuurd. Als er iets te melden valt rond Kim Clijsters, dan zal dat zeker gecommuniceerd worden via de gebruikelijke kanalen. In het verleden is er over elk groot item rond Kim iets bekend gemaakt", aldus woordvoerder Jespers.

Op Roland Garros gonsde het van de geruchten dat Clijsters een comeback zou overwegen. Zo had de Amerikaanse tennisster Lindsay Davenport, die contacten onderhoudt met Clijsters, aan Amerikaanse journalisten verteld dat Clijsters na haar bevalling aan een terugkeer denkt.

Davenport staat zelf weer op de tenniscourts nadat ze van een zoon bevallen is. Kim Clijsters werd afgelopen zondag 25 jaar. Ze beviel op 25 februari 2008 van een dochtertje, Jada Ellie.

jujufreak
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:22 AM
such a pity :angel:

Il Primo!
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:27 AM
I find this believable. When her PIMP Justine retires, she comebacks...

But I hope she's not expecting to win GS or something because it ain't gonna happen. She wasn't good enough before, she won't be good enough now. Period.

DutchieGirl
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Wish she would come back. ;) Too bad it's just a rumour. :(

Craigy
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Virginia Wade mentioned this on the BBC following the women's final. She just said there was rumours going around of Kim coming back to the tour

I knew I heard that!
I really hope she does come back. :hearts:

cellophane
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I find this believable. When her PIMP Justine retires, she comebacks...

But I hope she's not expecting to win GS or something because it ain't gonna happen. She wasn't good enough before, she won't be good enough now. Period.

I know you hate her... but you are kidding, right? :spit:

Dawson.
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:45 AM
it aint gonna happen. dont get me wrong, id love for her to make a comeback as she was my favourite player.
but she retired because she could no longer take the stress on her body. She retired at age 23, with the body of a 35 year old. she didnt lose interest or motivation (like certain other players...). i hate to piss on your hopes, but theres no way its gonna happen

jujufreak
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:45 AM
You are kidding, right? :spit:

otherwise she wouldn't be a one slam wonder, huh ...

Il Primo!
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:46 AM
You are kidding, right? :spit:

Kim "Princess Fiona" Clijsters:

34 tour titles, including only 1 slam (05USO)
:p

Il Primo!
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I know you hate her... but you are kidding, right? :spit:

You know what,even Mauresmo is more valuable than her. And that says a lot.:o

Dawson.
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Kim "Princess Fiona" Clijsters:

34 tour titles, including only 1 slam (05USO)
:p

you have just answered your own question! if she was never good enough to win a slam, then why did she win one?!

Il Primo!
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:52 AM
you have just answered your own question! if she was never good enough to win a slam, then why did she win one?!

She benefited from Venus's and Maria's lack of matches (both were injured before the USO). Nothing more nothing less.
Kim is not agressive enough, not mentaly strong enough to be a multiple slam winner.

That USO sounds like a "lucky shot" to me.
She didn't confirm it.

cellophane
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:53 AM

Not really. :p And no way was she not good enough to win a slam. She was good enough to beat anybody. One slam in her case doesn't mean that much. :shrug: Anyways, I think she could dominate if she came back(not in her form after '05).

cellophane
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:00 AM
She benefited from Venus's and Maria's lack of matches (both were injured before the USO). Nothing more nothing less.
Kim is not agressive enough, not mentaly strong enough to be a multiple slam winner.

:lol:

Kim was down in the Venus match...Venus ran out of gas in the 3rd, but Kim wore her out... :shrug: and she was supposed to beat Maria anyways... she had before ;) And lack of matches my ass.... she was playing well in that tournament before the match :p

And um, she didn't confirm it cos she only played one more year (in which she played like shit and wasn't able to play 2 slams fully)

As for not aggressive enough... you must be watching her matches from '06 later on or something?

Dawson.
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:04 AM

She didn't confirm it.

excuses excuses excuses! :lol:
thats not how it will be remembered in 10 years time.
also, pierce was the second best player of that summer (winning san diego) and she dismissed her in the final. In matches leading up to the USO, Clijsters beat the likes of HENIN, VENUS AND MYSKINA. but i suppose they were all flukes too, right?!

get over yourself man, if you dont like her, fine. but dont try to dismiss her success as a fluke.

jujufreak
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:08 AM
pierce was the second best player of that summer (winning san diego)

that says it all, doesn't it :D Just look at that draw :tape:

there were very few top players in form during that summer

Il Primo!
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:11 AM

You mean, none?

<Sven>
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Face it, Kim outclassed everyone during that summer, she won the US Open series and the US Open
and whether you think she deserved it or not, the trophee is hers
I think having been in 4 previous GS finals, would prove that finally winning the fifth one, is not a fluke win...
Others have been to one final, won it, and never were heard of again... now that's a fluke win ;)

-Sonic-
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:27 AM
She'd do so well... I hope its true!

Lindsayfan32
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I hope there is some truth to the rumour. I always cheered for Kim when she wasn't playing Lindsay and I would again if she made a comeback.

LCS
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:36 AM

Had to be a Justine fan...your username says it all...freak!:wavey:

santhuruu
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:48 AM
It has been officially confirmed at the website sporza.be that a spokesman or woman said that Kim Clijsters is not coming back on the wta tour, unfortunately a lot of rumours were around about this at Roland Garros. The maximum possible is that Clijsters is going to play an exhibition one day, but it won't be soon.

DutchieGirl
Jun 10th, 2008, 12:12 PM

And 34 other titles, including IW & Miami back to back. ;)

Hagar
Jun 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I think that if she is planning a comeback, she won't tell it at this point in time. She will want to see how good she is before announcing it. This said, I wish she would indeed come back. She could play a limited schedule, no clay, only grass and US hard court. Honestly, after having seen the French Open at the women's side, I'm sure that a healthy Kim could still reach the last 8 at a slam. Her game is completer than that of most women on the tour.

jujufreak
Jun 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Had to be a Justine fan...your username says it all...freak!:wavey:

prove me wrong, if you can :wavey:

Il Primo!
Jun 10th, 2008, 12:24 PM
That's why I can't stand her. Because of her lackluster game and because of people who consider her as a threat to Henin/Williamspova. One GS, and lots of MM titles and that's it.

Yasmine
Jun 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM
oh dear, one thing about her being retired is that we didn't have to read the idiotic Kim bashing threads/haters anymore :rolleyes:...

DA FOREHAND
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM
If she could get close to her former level she would compete for slams. She def would be a force as RG

friendsita
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Kim... miss her a lot!

sky20748
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
why do people retire anyway.if they retire then why come back.if that's the case then just take a break.dont say oh i am retiring and have a celebration and then come back and say oh i changed my mind.give me a break.

Kworb
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:05 PM
And 34 other titles, including IW & Miami back to back. ;)
Exactly. Kim at her best is absolutely frightening.

Indian Wells Tier I Hard Mar 20 2005
1 Clijsters - Nicole Pratt 6-2 6-1
2 Clijsters - Shinobu Asagoe(16) 6-3 6-3
3 Clijsters - Anna Chakvetadze 6-1 7-6(4)
4 Clijsters - Evgenia Linetskaya(30) 6-2 6-1
QF Clijsters - Conchita Martinez(23) 6-1 3-6 6-2
SF Clijsters - Elena Dementieva(4) 6-4 6-2
F Clijsters - Lindsay Davenport(1) 6-4 4-6 6-2

Miami Tier I Hard Apr 3 2005
1 Clijsters - Sandra Kloesel-Q 6-0 6-1
2 Clijsters - Amy Frazier(24) 6-2 6-3
3 Clijsters - Nathalie Dechy(12) 6-0 6-2
4 Clijsters - Anastasia Myskina(5) 6-3 6-4
QF Clijsters - Elena Dementieva(4) 6-2 6-1
SF Clijsters - Amelie Mauresmo(1) 6-1 6-0
F Clijsters - Maria Sharapova(2) 6-3 7-5

That Miami run was insane.

jujufreak
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Exactly. Kim at her best is absolutely frightening.

a pity for her she hardly ever was frightening...

she'll never be considered as being at the same level as Justine, Serena and Venus

spiritedenergy
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Kim would absolutely dominate this weak field, together with Sharapova.

No. I think Dementieva and Chakvetadze would stop their domination:spit:

Did she announce an official retirement or she just took a hiatus?

Hagar
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:17 PM
One GS, and lots of MM titles and that's it.
I'm sure that's a list most women on the tour would be happy with. Take Dementieva for example. Same age as Kim, definitely a good player, 2 GS finals. But I'd doubt she'll have the same results' list as Kim at the end of her career.
One shouldn't forget that Kim achieved these successes over a very short time as her career was interrupted by injuries. She was out in 2004 and again in 2006. I am convinced that she could have taken the US Open 2006 if it wouldn't have been for that injury.

<Sven>
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:18 PM

she'll never be considered as being at the same level as Justine, Serena and Venus

Just one word as a response to that:
SO?

spiritedenergy
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:22 PM
It has been officially confirmed at the website sporza.be that a spokesman or woman said that Kim Clijsters is not coming back on the wta tour, unfortunately a lot of rumours were around about this at Roland Garros. The maximum possible is that Clijsters is going to play an exhibition one day, but it won't be soon.

So who is spreading these stupid rumors? Yuri?:lol:

austennis
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:25 PM
i would love this... but i dont think its the best thing for her and her reputation

Noctis
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I love Kim as much as linds=]

Yasmine
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I'm sure that's a list most women on the tour would be happy with. Take Dementieva for example. Same age as Kim, definitely a good player, 2 GS finals. But I'd doubt she'll have the same results' list as Kim at the end of her career.
One shouldn't forget that Kim achieved these successes over a very short time as her career was interrupted by injuries. She was out in 2004 and again in 2006. I am convinced that she could have taken the US Open 2006 if it wouldn't have been for that injury.
I agree with you but you see for those who support only players who are multiple slam winners, and have a big star attitude, one slam and all those titles are just not enough ;)

~Eclipsed~
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:05 PM
This would be great!:) It definitely wouldn't suprise me either. I said as soon as she left, that i wouldn't be suprised if she came back at some point.:cool:

AcesHigh
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Kim doesn't seem like the type to come back. Especially with the way she played before she left. She just seems done with the game. I just hope she's really really happy.

Uranus
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Uh, NO.

It only shows her domination at the time. Btw, she's more talented than Maria.

That's why I can't stand her. Because of her lackluster game and because of people who consider her as a threat to Henin/Williamspova. One GS, and lots of MM titles and that's it.
Stop it. Henin/Williams > Sharapova.

Oh and as usual, whenever there's a way to criticize Kim, jujutroll strikes again! :yawn:

Just Do It
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Come back Kim :)

cn ireland
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I would love to see Kim back :hearts:. However I don't think she will but I suppose if she was ever thinking of it Henin's retirement might be an incentive.

RenaSlam.
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:21 PM
:).

Zébulon
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I don't think she'll come back. And she'd got some cheek to do so, after the farewell tour half-assed last season she played. :o Can't stand farewell tours anyway. :lol: (Although I really liked that Guga said goodbye in RG. :shrug: )
Let Kim be happy with the family life she so wanted. That's already a lot. :)

slydevil6142
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:11 PM

Which is a pity b/c she was def on ALL of there levels. It amazes me so many justine fans are bashing kims career seeing that she beat Kim for 3 of her 7 grand slam titles..... what does it say about Justines wins?????

Pink Princess
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Kim has the face like Princess Fiona LOL!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: Come back Kim.:)

cellophane
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:35 PM

:spit:

She beat all of them multiple times... except Serena. And Maria? You gotta be kidding me? She certainly knows how to beat her... she did that twice in '05... and don't say Maria was a much worse player then...

terjw
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:27 PM
It's not gonna happen. Or rather I should say I'm 99% certain it's not gonna happen. Exhibition matches maybe - but that's all.

She had a marvellous but so short career and those injuries took time off that short time we had to see her when she was playing. She will always be remembered with affection.

Il Primo!
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:27 PM
So, what's your point. I was talking about the fact she was not a top threat and you come out with this. Good to know but frankly it's not related to my posts.

I agree with you but you see for those who support only players who are multiple slam winners, and have a big star attitude, one slam and all those titles are just not enough ;)

Get your facts straight, it has nothing to do with it.

Uh, NO.

It only shows her domination at the time. Btw, she's more talented than Maria.

Stop it. Henin/Williams > Sharapova.

Oh and as usual, whenever there's a way to criticize Kim, jujutroll strikes again! :yawn:

Talent or not, numbers don't lie. And I group Pova with Williamshenin cause every sign shows that Maria is supposed to end with their kind of achievements.;)

:spit:

She beat all of them multiple times... except Serena. And Maria? You gotta be kidding me? She certainly knows how to beat her... she did that twice in '05... and don't say Maria was a much worse player then...

She beat Pova once since she turned 18 :spit: Since then, Maria's matured and figured her out. Didn't you notice that Pova won more and more easily?:p

thomas.chung
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:34 PM
So, what's your point. I was talking about the fact she was not a top threat and you come out with this. Good to know but frankly it's not related to my posts.

Get your facts straight, it has nothing to do with it.

Talent or not, numbers don't lie. And I group Pova with Williamshenin cause every sign shows that Maria is supposed to end with their kind of achievements.;)

She beat Pova once since she turned 18 :spit: Since then, Maria's matured and figured her out. Didn't you notice that Pova won more and more easily?:p

Talent or not, at least Kim has been both #1 in doubles AND singles. Talk to me again when Maria can volley properly. :wavey:

Il Primo!
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Talent or not, at least Kim has been both #1 in doubles AND singles. Talk to me again when Maria can volley properly. :wavey:

Don't go into the achievements battle because Kim won't last long :tape:

Dave.
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:38 PM

She didn't confirm it.

Benefited from Venus and Maria's lack of match practice? Venus, the Wimbledon champion, the same player Kim beat in the Stanford final? Venus was fine. Kim dominated that summer. She was too good and too mentally strong for Venus and definetely too strong for Maria. Winning a grand slam is enough confirmation that you are a worthy champion.

:spit: Kim was part of the big 4 back in 2003 which is a much stronger period than when Maria has played. In case you forgot, Kim led Maria 4-3 so of course she was a threat to her. Henin and the Williams sisters are in a different league to Sharapova so don't group them together. They dominated in their own periods. Sharapova has never had the mental stamina to dominate on their scale.

Sorry Il Primo Omo but your posts are ridiculous.

spiritedenergy
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Benefited from Venus and Maria's lack of match practice? Venus, the Wimbledon champion, the same player Kim beat in the Stanford final? Venus was fine. Kim dominated that summer. She was too good and too mentally strong for Venus and definetely too strong for Maria. Winning a grand slam is enough confirmation that you are a worthy champion.

:spit: Kim was part of the big 4 back in 2003 which is a much stronger period than when Maria has played. In case you forgot, Kim led Maria 4-3 so of course she was a threat to her. Henin and the Williams sisters are in a different league to Sharapova so don't group them together. They dominated in their own periods. Sharapova has never had the mental stamina to dominate on their scale.

Sorry Il Primo Omo but your posts are ridiculous.

:clap2:

Andrew Laeddis
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:56 AM
She has the potential to do better than Hingis and Davenport the latter of which probably wont win anything of significance.

serena williams
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:16 AM
For me the reason why she can't compare to Williams/Henin is just her mentally in her game

I remembered in the Ao 2003 the match with Serena
..Kim had a big lead in the last set to close it out and then let the opponent back on track and lost the match...

And same again in Wimbly in the same year...with Venus
..Venus had some inj and Kim take a big lead in the 3rd
and again lost the match

So my point is she can't compare to the other great champion like Williams/Henin
...everyone know her game is just great but by mentally she didn't deserve to be the big time champion.

but anyway it's just my opinion

LUVMIRZA
Jun 11th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Love the news :bounce: but it wont happen I guess:o

Bart-Belgium
Feb 24th, 2009, 09:20 PM
"With players of the calibre of Agassi, Graf, Clijsters and Henman this test event promises to be hugely entertaining."

Graf, the seven-time Wimbledon champion, added: "There is no tennis venue more special to me than Centre Court at Wimbledon. It just doesn't get any better.

"I couldn't be more honoured to play there again with my husband Andre, and tennis greats Kim and Tim. It will mean so much to return to Wimbledon and see so many familiar places, relive so many wonderful memories."

Henman said: "Wimbledon's Centre Court was always a special place for me and it's just great to have the chance to play there again with the likes of Andre, Steffi and Kim.

"I think it will be a really fun day for everyone and the new roof is going to make it a fascinating experience."

Clijsters added: "I am very honoured. I faced Steffi Graf 10 years ago, it was my first and only match against her. And what a match: I was so nervous to play with my idol but the game was delayed two days because of the rain. This kind of mishap will not happen to us any more."

Clijsters has been training regularly with her former sparring partner Wim Fissette and physical coach Sam Verslegers to prepare for the Wimbledon event.

Привет
Feb 24th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Come back, Kim. :(