PDA

View Full Version : Is Sharapova the most intelligent player on the women's tour today?

LegendsofTennis
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:51 AM
Maria Sharapova is noted for her intelligence on and off the court. She studies via correspondence on the internet with a reputable Home Schooling Program. Although, she has a emphasis and liking for Sociology, she excels in most subjects.

On court, Sharapova is an intelligent tactician, able to adapt her game to different styles of opponent, and to work out a rally as it unfolds, regardless of what her game-plan going into the match might be. And she had this combination of power and brain-power!

rockstar
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:55 AM
she's the most intelligent one cos she has an education? :eek:

eck
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:04 AM
:lol:

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Sharapova: "Freud, who?" Yes, she's the most intelligent player:rolleyes:

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Another LegendsofTennis thread:banghead:

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:11 AM
On court, Sharapova is an intelligent tactician, able to adapt her game to different styles of opponent, and to work out a rally as it unfolds, regardless of what her game-plan going into the match might be. And she had this combination of power and brain-power!
You said it all:rolls::rolls:

it-girl
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:11 AM
No. Venus runs circles around her.

pcrtennis
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:18 AM
sharapova is not the smart...just listen to her.

Jeff
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Education via correspondence. Yeah that's pretty damb smart ;)

Kovalchuk
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:27 AM
sharapova is future GOAT :angel:

hankqq
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:30 AM
I'm not dissing here, but when did Sharapova graduate from high school? Didn't she finish late because of tennis?

Jankovic studies finance, Chakvetadze studies psychology and I'm sure others study stuff too...

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:31 AM
I am having suspicions now that LegendsofTennis is either Yuri Sharapov, or Sharapova's marketing agent... :tape:

dansnewbeg
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:38 AM
I read this and then remember her comment about "doing a 360." I think it was at the US Open, and the crowd was sort of chuckling at her mistake.

Stamp Paid
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Education via correspondence. Yeah that's pretty damb smart ;)lmao

OsloErik
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:44 AM
I'm pretty sure that there are many players who actually finished high school not through correspondence. Davenport did, Radwanska did, Hantuchova did, Stevenson did...do I have to go on? And a number of players take classes at real universities. So...I'm going to go with no.

P.S. since when is she "noted" for her intelligence off court? I think she's pretty much noticed for being a fashionable tall skinny relatively good looking blonde with good marketing. Ask anyone who casually knows her and I doubt "OH, she's so smart" will be the first thing they say.

Chunchun
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:46 AM
no way. She is the biggest BBB these years! :lol:

DOUBLEFIST
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:47 AM
where do these threads come from? :haha:

Dodoboy.
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Venus by far!

switz
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I am having suspicions now that LegendsofTennis is either Yuri Sharapov, or Sharapova's marketing agent... :tape:

but he makes her sound like a massive geek so i doubt it.

cheo23
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Intelligent???!!! :haha:

Sharapower
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Is this thread serious :p?
Obviously I don't see Masha winning the Nobel-prize in physics. But when she answers sarcastically to some journalists questions, it's obvious she's not an idiot.

Destiny
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:46 AM
ok !!

Yes she is?:weirdo:

Nikkiri
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Another outstanding Maria thread by LegendsofTennis :worship: :o

InsideOut.
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:39 AM
:haha: Intelligent on-court...:tape:

elise1986
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:40 AM
P.S. since when is she "noted" for her intelligence off court? I think she's pretty much noticed for being a fashionable tall skinny relatively good looking blonde with good marketing. Ask anyone who casually knows her and I doubt "OH, she's so smart" will be the first thing they say.

couldn't have said it better ;)

she's definitely eloquent, but in my opinion she's not among the most intelligent. Hantuchova, Venus, Chakvetadze, Ivanovic and Jankovic are pretty smart imo

Vulturepova
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Im sure she is intelligent but it would be impossible to tell who is the most intelligent player was unless you administered a series of gruelling intelligence tests on them, and even then the outcome may be incorrect.

Also, just because someone finished highschool or studies at university, it doesn't mean they are intelligent, I know plenty of people who did both and are as thick as mince. At the end of the day, tennis intelligence is all that matters to a top player.

Mashafaaaaan
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Im sure she is intelligent but it would be impossible to tell who the most intelligent player.

Exactly.

mal
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Dumbist.

She had a great opportunity to win big and threw it away.

I can give my reasons if pressed.
1/She wears a cross indicating she is a Christian, but celebrates Christmas but never bought me a birthday present. Need I go on?

Vulturepova
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Dumbist.

She had a great opportunity to win big and threw it away.

I can give my reasons if pressed.
1/She wears a cross indicating she is a Christian, but celebrates Christmas but never bought me a birthday present. Need I go on?

:lol: No need to go on, that made perfect sense.
Mal, you make me laugh.

ptitnavet
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I think the most intelligent player is Cornet on court she has good tactics and off court she had have her "baccalauréat" = high scool diploma at 16 years old with 2 years in advance.

mal
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:13 AM
:lol: No need to go on, that made perfect sense.
Mal, you make me laugh.
Plus I have an I.Q. of 1,200.

Marilyn Monheaux
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:14 AM

As much as I love this girl but she has only two game plans: Plan A and Plan A+ (Same as plan A but harder) Srry :angel:

jjlove
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:17 AM
P.S. since when is she "noted" for her intelligence off court? I think she's pretty much noticed for being a fashionable tall skinny relatively good looking blonde with good marketing. Ask anyone who casually knows her and I doubt "OH, she's so smart" will be the first thing they say.[/QUOTE]

And since when is she ''noted'' for her intelligence ON the court? She has one game style only, effective but a single one. There are many players smarter on the court than her. Patty Schnyder for instance is by far much smarter on the court than her.

elise1986
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:20 AM
As much as I love this girl but she has only two game plans: Plan A and Plan A+ (Same as plan A but harder) Srry :angel:

:rolls:

exactly, and at least A+ works if A is not enough. But not on clay ;)

Shimizu Amon
Jun 10th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I think highly of Maria's intelligence but I wouldn't know if she is THE most intelligent player.
Regarding her on court game, well she's winning grand slams and tournaments and she has the highest win/lose percentage out of the top 10. So I guess her game is smarter then most of the other top 10 players ;).

Xanadu11
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I'm sure all of them are smart. But for me Venus is the most clever. The way she went out on a limb to campaign for equal pay at Wimby and was so articulate while doing it :hearts:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:36 AM
:scared: i think malva was right in that last thread...LegendofTennis is a virus :scared:

Fidello
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I heard that Maria is working for KGB on breaking US military codes :p

azdaja
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:50 AM
i think LegendsofTennis is a pretty cool guy (http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Pretty_cool_guy). eh starts silly threads about maria and doesn't afraid of anything.

Polikarpov
Jun 10th, 2008, 12:04 PM
LegendsofTennis outdid himself with this thread.

mal
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I think highly of Maria's intelligence but I wouldn't know if she is THE most intelligent player.
Regarding her on court game, well she's winning grand slams and tournaments and she has the highest win/lose percentage out of the top 10. So I guess her game is smarter then most of the other top 10 players ;).

That's what you think.

On the other hand I would say Daddy is in the background calling most of the shots and doing most of the tactical analysis. Notice as she gets older she need other people to say, "C'mon! baby, you go out there and kill."s

carling
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I hate stupid ass thread like this. Good thing Maria is intelligent because this subject certainly isn't.

spiritedenergy
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Maria Sharapova is noted for her intelligence on and off the court. She studies via correspondence on the internet with a reputable Home Schooling Program. Although, she has a emphasis and liking for Sociology, she excels in most subjects.

:spit: Please stop embarrassing yourself:tape: