PDA

View Full Version : Who do you like more: (1) Ana Ivanovic or (2) Maria Sharapova

danieln1
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:07 AM
One of the most beautiful tennis players that ever played the game, number 1 and 2 in the world... personally Ivanovic is better!

Slutati
Ana Ivanović

Uranium
they both, in my opinion, are overrated in the looks department.
I like Ana a little more:o

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Oh, this'll be fun. :lol:

Maria all the way.

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Oh, this'll be fun. :lol:

Maria all the way.
I know this thread is gonna be such a mess:o

Uranium
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:10 AM

oo, but we can make it funner!!

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:12 AM

Exactly, that's why it'll be fun. ;)

Uranium
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:12 AM
no offense, but there should be a neither, i hate them equally button;)

danieln1
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:13 AM

One of the reasons i made it! :drool:

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Who will be first to break out the crappy photos? ;)

Milito22
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:22 AM
noooooo:hysteric: I pick for Maria, whats wrong!:sobbing:, I´m just blind:help::tape:

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Who will be first to break out the crappy photos? ;)
Here you go:wavey:
http://www.anaivanovic.com/image.php?file=pictures/news/1176/shot3_000033_03_rt.jpg&width=350&scale=aspect_ratio

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2006-01-08/U1612P6T12D1979620F44DT20060108103816.jpg

LudwigDvorak
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Sharapova. I have a tendency to prefer the established instead of the "new." Plus I just really respect her. Probably the closest I get to being a fan of someone I'm not a fan of.

Maria should win this poll easily, methinks.

slamchamp
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Fakeanovic:hearts:

Wayn77
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:30 AM
Maria "Allez Up Your F*cking Ass" Sharapova :hearts: :hearts:

IceHock
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:32 AM
sharpie

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Sharapova. I have a tendency to prefer the established instead of the "new." Plus I just really respect her. Probably the closest I get to being a fan of someone I'm not a fan of.

Maria should win this poll easily, methinks.

Care to elaborate on that? ;) Sorry, I just like you as a poster so I was just wondering why and what you like and respect about her.

Lucas_Arg
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Maria without a doubt, though I like Ana reeeeeeally much.

Danči Dementia
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Ana................hands down.

slamchamp
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Mariiiiaaaa..the giggle-girl is boring

LudwigDvorak
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Care to elaborate on that? ;) Sorry, I just like you as a poster so I was just wondering why and what you like and respect about her.

:kiss: I was looking at old posts of mine from late '06 a couple of weeks ago, and I saw one in a thread about what Santa should give the players, and I said he should give Elena a serve and Maria a plane crash. :lol: I used to fucking hate her guts, but the thing that started switching it for me was a mix of two things: her doodles and bad losses in 2007. She's funny as hell, which her doodles exemplified, and her struggles made me empathize with her more. Plus I just grew up a bit and realized that she's an incredible champion with, to me at least, the best fighter qualities on the tour. After awhile I just realized that all champions deserve respect and Maria's no different.

Most of the same things I hated about Maria people hate about Ana now. Natural, I suppose.

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Fakeanovic:hearts:

Dumb thread #145365643 Poser "I won't promote the tour" Screamapova

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Mariiiiaaaa..the giggle-girl is boring

How boring can she be when everybody can't stop making threads about her?

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:44 AM
:kiss: I was looking at old posts of mine from late '06 a couple of weeks ago, and I saw one in a thread about what Santa should give the players, and I said he should give Elena a serve and Maria a plane crash. :lol: I used to fucking hate her guts, but the thing that started switching it for me was a mix of two things: her doodles and bad losses in 2007. She's funny as hell, which her doodles exemplified, and her struggles made me empathize with her more. Plus I just grew up a bit and realized that she's an incredible champion with, to me at least, the best fighter qualities on the tour. After awhile I just realized that all champions deserve respect and Maria's no different.

Most of the same things I hated about Maria people hate about Ana now. Natural, I suppose.

Aww, that's kind of what I wanted to hear. ;)

By God, if you start liking Ana in the next years, I'm gonna... .. do nothing. :lol:
I suppose you're right though, all champions at least deserve some sort of respect, whether you like them or not.

delicatecutter
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Ana. She saves lives. :worship:

LudwigDvorak
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:45 AM
How boring can she be when everybody can't stop making threads about her?

Because there hasn't been a #1 this boring since Berlin. It's an astonishing feat, truly.

Optima
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Maria, definitely. I respect Ana though.

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Because there hasn't been a #1 this boring since Berlin. It's an astonishing feat, truly.

:haha: Harsh but true.

I just hope she'll still be boring to you in a couple of years. ;)

Uranium
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:47 AM

um....wasn't Maria just #1:confused:

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:48 AM

Can you explain to me how Pova is so interesting?

Kworb
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:48 AM
Maria Sharapova

Better looks, better game, better grunt, better personality, better everything :)

Mchstnate
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Maria!!! She is not only an awesome tennis player but she also good for tennis and alot of people will know her

before they do Ana. She is a known everywhere.

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:50 AM

What, Allez up your fucking ass, is suddenly dull? :lol:

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:51 AM

The Pova fan who describes himself as the mature Pova fan:rolleyes:

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:51 AM
The Pova fan who describes himself as the mature Pova fan:rolleyes:

Herself. ;)

What, I can't make a joke now? Being mature doesn't mean you can't dislike players.

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:52 AM
And the fighting begins:armed: You people wait till cocco80 wakes up, she's gonna kill you all:devil:

Mchstnate
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:53 AM
I used to consider Ana one of my favorites but...she really gets on my nerves too much and stands in the way of Maria too.

starin
not a fan of either but they're both equally likable to me.

Uranium
What, Allez up your fucking ass, is suddenly dull? :lol:

no that was bitching and rude, no wonder she's been booed there the past 2 years and Israel hated her.
I hope France makes it 3 in a row next year:hearts:

Pasta-Na
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:56 AM
Here you go:wavey:
http://www.anaivanovic.com/image.php?file=pictures/news/1176/shot3_000033_03_rt.jpg&width=350&scale=aspect_ratio

http://image2.sina.com.cn/ty/t/p/2006-01-08/U1612P6T12D1979620F44DT20060108103816.jpg

y u chose a :help: pic of maria? i think she has some with make-up on :o

i think u r a fans of ana :p

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:56 AM
no that was bitching and rude, no wonder she's been booed there the past 2 years and Israel hated her.

I don't know what the hell is wrong with the French crowd, or what they have against Maria, but I all I know is that the Israelis did not hate her. They were mindnumbingly rude YES, but they were being patriotic and supporting their country's players. Believe me, even the tour sweatheart would've been booed by them had she not been Israeli.

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:57 AM

She was booed off the court in Miami too

Marshmallow
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:57 AM
How can anyone like Maria after the IW incident against Daniela!

Reminder: See from about 5:45 http://youtube.com/watch?v=1vUBAvPV8KU
And just look at Maria's sour face at the start of the video... my milk started to curdle!!!

It's sickening really that people can like Maria after this incident. She's basically BULLYING a fragile individual (daniela is as fragile as they come!). People actually supporting a bully, a cowardly one at that, because you know she wouldn't try that against... oh I don't know Ana? Serena? Venus? Jelena?

LudwigDvorak
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:58 AM

I haven't found Ana particularly interesting aside from the '06 Montreal final. I've still never seen her play better than that.

:kiss:

Like I said, I prefer established players to young guns. I don't think either is particularly captivating game-wise, but Maria is an excellent source of conversation on this board or with tennis pals. Can't say I feel the same about Ana, but I know many do. Just me.

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:59 AM

I am not an Ivanović fan:rolls:
Yeah, when she broke Tati's ankle:sad:

Marshmallow
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:59 AM

But that's Maria as she really looks without make up? Don't you think she looks pretty? But that's how she really is. This forum is laughable if the 'Beauty' of the WTA resembles freddy kruger in her natural state.

Emina.
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:01 AM
sick.

hankqq
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Wow-this is one of the easiest poll questions ever. Ana all the way baby! For me she's got it ALL over Sharapova in the looks, personality and game department. Eventually, she'll have more titles, sponsors and commercials too. :devil:

It's great to finally, after a long wait, have a truly charming, likable #1 (hasn't happened since Mauresmo and Clijsters last held the spot) once again.

Uranium
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:02 AM

And just look at Maria's sour face at the start of the video... my milk started to curdle!!!

It's sickening really that people can like Maria after this incident. She's basically BULLYING a fragile individual (daniela is as fragile as they come!). People actually supporting a bully, a cowardly one at that, because you know she wouldn't try that against... oh I don't know Ana? Serena? Venus? Jelena?

ugh, watching again is disgusting, you can blatantly see she did it on purpose, she is such a major bitch:o

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:04 AM

:spit:

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:04 AM
ugh, watching again is disgusting, you can blatantly see she did it on purpose, she is such a major bitch:o
yeah just unbelievable :sad: :crying2: :sobbing: I just cant watch it again

Uranium
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:08 AM
yeah just unbelievable :sad: :crying2: :sobbing: I just cant watch it again

i know right....i know you voted for Ana:p

Vincey!
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:09 AM
(1)Maria Sharapova :devil:

danieln1
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:09 AM
They´re very close on the poll... but eventually Ana will win it, since she´s the top seed!

hankqq
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:10 AM
Thanks for reminding us of the Golovin/Miami and Hantuchova/IW incidents, among others.

There's also the Schnyder/FO thing from last year.

Additionally, let's not forget Sharapova, who almost never hits overheads, decided to hit one straight at Serena (they were both at net) during the 2007 AO final. Fortunately, (and to my enjoyment), Serena just continued to bust her ass for the rest of the match. Sharapova has embarrassed herself so many times it's pathetic. :o

Yes, they both fist pump, but Ana would never act so indecently as Sharapova. In addition to being more beautiful, friendly and athletic, Ana has more class.

Lucas_Arg
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:11 AM

Yeah I know that Maria is a cocky bitch but I love her because of that :shrug:

Apoleb
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:11 AM
This forum is laughable if the 'Beauty' of the WTA resembles freddy kruger in her natural state.

*DEAD*

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Shara doesn't even know who Freud is:sad: Poor girl, let's vote for her:awww:

Optima
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Thanks for reminding us of the Golovin/Miami and Hantuchova/IW incidents, among others.

There's also the Schnyder/FO thing from last year.

Maria did nothing wrong. I can't believe people still bring this up.

Apoleb
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Ana. Honestly I was liking Maria, but that video by Marshmallow made me change my mind. That was just completely disgusting. I hope she gets another ass spanking by Serena.

Uranium
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Maria did nothing wrong. I can't believe people still bring this up.

which bitch moment are you speaking of:
the I don't check to see if my opponent is alright after watching her fall on her ankle bitch moment
basically mocking Daniela at IW bitch moment
or
the Patty having her hand up and the umpire giving Maria the ace because she served when the crowd was noisy bitch moment(:lol: she didn't do anything wrong here)

Optima
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:18 AM
The incident with Patty and RG.

Marshmallow
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:20 AM
:spit:

I know you don't want to believe this but I'm not writing out of spite. I am writing as a concern member of human society. History if filled with blindness to atrocities and bad people. People let Hilter rise up, people turn their faces when they at what going on in Zimbabwe. And really I see it happening here... YES! People roll over when they see Yuri sharapova imitating throat slashing of Justine Henin, when Maria Bullies Daniela, when she screams obscenities at innocent members of a tennis crowd, let alone ball CHILDREN and ELDERLY female umpires, or dances around like it NYE when he opponents turn their ankles and tear abdominal muscles, or when she cheats players out of points...

So look at what we have there, incitement to murder, Bullying, vulgarities and intimidation, child abuse, elderly abuse and sadism!

And you really have to think about who you like more? If stalin was alive today, I have to think that some people on here would be cheerleading from the sidelines.

And yes i compared Maria to histories monsters, but as the evidence shows she's not far off :tape:

Apoleb
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:21 AM
I know you don't want to believe this but I'm not writing out of spite. I am writing as a concern member of human society. History if filled with blindness to atrocities and bad people. People let Hilter rise up, people turn their faces when they at what going on in Zimbabwe. And really I see it happening here... YES! People roll over when they see Yuri sharapova imitating throat slashing of Justine Henin, when Maria Bullies Daniela, when she screams obscenities at innocent members of a tennis crowd, let alone ball CHILDREN and ELDERLY female umpires, or dances around like it NYE when he opponents turn their ankles and tear abdominal muscles, or when she cheats players out of points...

So look at what we have there, incitement to murder, Bullying, vulgarities and intimidation, child abuse, elderly abuse and sadism!

And you really have to think about who you like more? If stalin was alive today, I have to think that some people on here would be cheerleading from the sidelines.

And yes i compared Maria to histories monsters, but as the evidence shows she's not far off :tape:

Oh my god, Wez. I'm really dying at this side of my computer. You're on a roll today.

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:24 AM
But that's Maria as she really looks without make up? Don't you think she looks pretty? But that's how she really is. This forum is laughable if the 'Beauty' of the WTA resembles freddy kruger in her natural state.
Also in her "natural state"...

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6880/mariasharapova88qlqi8.jpg http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3601/mariasharapovafrwimb200yq9.jpg

Which ones to believe though? Maybe you can help us out :scratch:

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:26 AM

Write a book or something because your ability to bullshit is wasted on this forum :o

Lucas_Arg
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:27 AM

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6880/mariasharapova88qlqi8.jpg http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3601/mariasharapovafrwimb200yq9.jpg

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::wors hip::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

wild.river
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:28 AM
ana by a razor thin margin.

Lucas_Arg
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:28 AM

My God you are crazy.

Danči Dementia
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:30 AM

she is dislikable,.......and Ana is lovely....you just melt with that smile....and guys get over it SHE IS ALREADY NUMBER ONE SHE IS RG CMAHPION...THE FIRST OF MANY WEEKS TO COME AND THE FIRST SLAM OF MANY TO COME............SUCK IT UP !!

Maria se la pela a Ana......

:wavey:

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Ana's winning a stupid pointless poll:banana:

Danči Dementia
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:32 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh yeah what a perfect face....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

asco!!!!!

Emina.
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:35 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh yeah what a perfect face....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

asco!!!!![

Ana can win without this. lame.

sasha&tennis
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:39 AM
Without make up on.

Maria

http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/NNTP_Photos/11975_FRANCE_TENNIS_FRENCH_OPEN.sff.jpg

Ana

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20070607elpepudep_10/LCO340/Ies/Ivanovic_celebra_punto.jpg

cocco80
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:40 AM

asco!!!!!

what does it mean?

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Without make up on.

Maria

http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/NNTP_Photos/11975_FRANCE_TENNIS_FRENCH_OPEN.sff.jpg

Ana

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20070607elpepudep_10/LCO340/Ies/Ivanovic_celebra_punto.jpg

:rolls::rolls: It's just getting better and better

Lucas_Arg
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:41 AM
what does it mean?

Asco = Disgusting

cocco80
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Come on, people.
This is useless.
Both are pretty girls. Ana's fans will vote for Ana and Maria's for Maria. I don't see a point of this thread.
It's not even tennis related.

Danči Dementia
something like eww...

:angel:

dybbuk
what does it mean?

disgusting :p

I think Maria is pretty without makeup as well, she just has breakouts more than Ana does, some people do. :shrug:

cocco80
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:43 AM

asco!!!!!

Come on, man. Pls, don't do this. It's stupid. I know you're better than this.

Danči Dementia
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Asco = Disgusting

Like its used in some parts of México........its different than that....but yeah disgusting is close

:wavey:

sasha&tennis
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:44 AM
With make up on

Maria

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5439/picsrvmstagheuer08005mgxj1.jpg

Ana

http://i25.tinypic.com/a15og5.jpg

Ana hands down. There really is no contest.

Danči Dementia
disgusting :p

I think Maria is pretty without makeup as well, she just has breakouts more than Ana does, some people do. :shrug:

yeah but if you are comparing them.....everything can be used against the player

Emina.
Asco is Spanish for Nausea.

Danči Dementia
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Come on, man. Pls, don't do this. It's stupid. I know you're better than this.

ok:D......

Ana is still winning

gumoll
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:46 AM
no doubt!!!

ANA!!!!

so nice and cute :awww:

Danči Dementia
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:47 AM

yes

Lucas_Arg
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:49 AM

Not here.

Danči Dementia
With make up on

Maria

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5439/picsrvmstagheuer08005mgxj1.jpg

Ana

You could have chosen better pics from both of them though

Poova
:yawn: Stop with these pointless Ana vs. Maria threads. Please. :weirdo:

Danči Dementia
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Not here.

well In here it does :p...................
we are not going to argue about wich meaning of words we use right????

Marshmallow
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Ana. Honestly I was liking Maria, but that video by Marshmallow made me change my mind. That was just completely disgusting. I hope she gets another ass spanking by Serena.

Disillusionment. :clap2: I'm glad to hear this. Slowing losing you to the Maria cult was perhaps thee most painful experience of my entire life. :hug: :p

Oh my god, Wez. I'm really dying at this side of my computer. You're on a roll today.

Just telling the truth as I see it. :D

PS :hearts: :hug:

cocco80
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:52 AM
:yawn: Stop with these pointless Ana vs. Maria threads. Please. :weirdo:

I agree.

Close this thread. It's really stupid. Reminds me of a fight between two 5yo.

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Ok close this thread....but after Ana wins:devil:

hacberto
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:54 AM
I don't like any of those players but I can't stand Ana
But Ana is prettier I can't deny that.

But Maria has the better attitude

Pasta-Na
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:56 AM
grunting > fist-pump :p

Junex
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:56 AM
This just shows how superficial the posters are in this borads!!!!

BRAVO!!!!

I am glad i am a fan of the most un-glamorous (but the best tennis) #1 in tennis history!!!!!

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:57 AM
grunting > fist-pump :p
Ana grunts.
HA-EEE-HA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AJDE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>COME ON, THAT'S THE WAY BABY, THIS IS MY HOME

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Disillusionment. :clap2: I'm glad to hear this. Slowing losing you to the Maria cult was perhaps thee most painful experience of my entire life. :hug: :p

Just telling the truth as I see it. :D

PS :hearts: :hug:
You two need to get a room :p

delicatecutter
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:00 AM
I really respect Maria because she's basically the only player last year that could really go toe to toe with an in-form Henin. I have a lot of respect for her mentality and her incredible focus. I also love her fashion sense.

I don't respect her win-at-any-cost attitude, her fake screaming, her recurring convenient "shoulder injury", the constant putting the non-existent stray hairs back in place before every serve, her seeming lack of empathy for her opponents, or her psycho man-breasted father.

Ana, on the other hand, is a real classy champion in the line of Clijsters and Mauresmo. Only I think she has the competitive edge that those girls lacked. She is a nice girl who also really wants to win and be a great champion--regardless of who is on the other side of the net. :worship:

cocco80
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:00 AM
Ana grunts.
HA-EEE-HA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AJDE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>COME ON, THAT'S THE WAY BABY, THIS IS MY HOME

wow, Marko..

you hate Ana but it seems you despise Maria.

How old are you? (for real)

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:02 AM
wow, Marko..

you hate Ana but it seems you despise Maria.

How old are you? (for real)
I have no idea where you got that from, but I don't hate Ana:confused: i don't like her, but I really don't hate her...I said million times before that this Ana hate is ridiculous:shrug: She's a Serbian after all:rocker2:

V-MAC
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:05 AM
Maria by a country mile

cocco80
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:06 AM
I have no idea where you got that from, but I don't hate Ana:confused: i don't like her, but I really don't hate her...I said million times before that this Ana hate is ridiculous:shrug: She's a Serbian after all:rocker2:

So what? (I thought you're slovenian btw)
Ok, I got the impression that she's on your hate list but I can see there's someone else occuppying that spot. :tape:

GrafMariaPetraK
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:06 AM
Maria is way better obvisouly!

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:11 AM
So what? (I thought you're slovenian btw)
Ok, I got the impression that she's on your hate list but I can see there's someone else occuppying that spot. :tape:
I live in Slovenia, but my parents were Serbs, so I count myself as both Slovenian and a Serb:p And I'm an orthodox:angel:
I don't hate her, I dislike her and mainly because she kicks Tatiana's ass all the time:o I've been defending her lately though, ever since I saw that pic for FHM:angel::o

Wiggly
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:16 AM
39 vs 39 and two can't decide. :eek:

parn2257
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:18 AM
by far Ana

danieln1
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:19 AM
39 vs 39 and two can't decide. :eek:

One of the closest poll ever!

sasha&tennis
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:22 AM
It may be pointless here but it is reality in the media world & Ana is taking over because she is the nice girl who wins with looks that just so happen to be like a hollywood superstar. Maria stepped into an existing image with the help of Kournikova but Ana's looks made their own way. Like Kournikova Ana did not have to win anything big to get endorsements but Sharapova had to, she was not noticed before her win over Serena. As a matter of a fact if Dementieva or Hantuchova had won that 2004 match they would have done the same thing for them because they fit the same image as Maria only they are actually pretty. But Ana has done what Kournikova did not she has won a slam which means move over Sharapova. A really beautiful, nice lovable girl who always smiles & can win championships is marketing gold & that is what Ana has over Maria. Ana doesn't need the media to hype her up she has made it just by her personality, style of play & her unmatched good looks on the wta tour. Game Set Match: Ana Ivanovic #1

Lucas_Arg
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Like Kournikova Ana did not have to win anything big to get endorsements but Sharapova had to, she was not noticed before her win over Serena. As a matter of a fact if Dementieva or Hantuchova had won that 2004 match they would have done the same thing for them because they fit the same image as Maria only they are actually pretty. But Ana has done what Kournikova did not she has won a slam which means move over Sharapova. A really beautiful, nice lovable girl who always smiles & can win championships is marketing gold & that is what Ana has over Maria. Ana doesn't need the media to hype her up she has made it just by her personality, style of play & her unmatched good looks on the wta tour. Game Set Match: Maria Sharapova #1

Ana was not signed by Rolex before her Top 10 appearance, she became popular in a slower way than Masha, who won a GS when nobody knew her.

Megan1224
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Wow! I don't think I've ever read such garbage. Why don't you people just grow up...it's getting a bit ridiculous.

GrafMariaPetraK
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:32 AM
It may be pointless here but it is reality in the media world & Ana is taking over because she is the nice girl who wins with looks that just so happen to be like a hollywood superstar. Maria stepped into an existing image with the help of Kournikova but Ana's looks made their own way. Like Kournikova Ana did not have to win anything big to get endorsements but Sharapova had to, she was not noticed before her win over Serena. As a matter of a fact if Dementieva or Hantuchova had won that 2004 match they would have done the same thing for them because they fit the same image as Maria only they are actually pretty. But Ana has done what Kournikova did not she has won a slam which means move over Sharapova. A really beautiful, nice lovable girl who always smiles & can win championships is marketing gold & that is what Ana has over Maria. Ana doesn't need the media to hype her up she has made it just by her personality, style of play & her unmatched good looks on the wta tour. Game Set Match: Ana Ivanovic #1

:tape::lol:deluded

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:33 AM

:worship::hatoff:

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Tied at 42. :eek:

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Tied at 42. :eek:

Scared Pova might lose to queen bitch Ana:hehehe:

Craig.
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Scared Pova might lose to queen bitch Ana:hehehe:

It's actually 44-42 in favor of Maria... so not really, no. :lol: ;)

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:39 AM
2 more votes for Ana and then close this thread:bolt:

jacobruiz
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:48 AM
Nice to see the Maria haters demonstrate their maturity, discretion, and class!

Apoleb
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:49 AM
With make up on

Maria

Ana

:speakles:

STUNNING.

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:52 AM
:lol: this is great

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Nice to see the Maria haters demonstrate their maturity, discretion, and class!

Or more accurately Nice to see the Maria fans demonstrate their maturity, discretion, and class:rolleyes:

Have you even read through this thread:help:

Balltossovic
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:04 AM
Ana Ivanovic!

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Or more accurately Nice to see the Maria fans demonstrate their maturity, discretion, and class:rolleyes:

Is that BDS?? I didnt even recognise the name change :lol:

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Is that BDS?? I didnt even recognise the name change :lol:

You can always recognize greatness

mboyle
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:15 AM
wow this is a nailbiter! 49-48 Maria right now I just broke the tie! Maria is my favorite. Ana is my second favorite (with Nicole...ugh.)

jacobruiz
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:20 AM

Yes, I have. Hence my remark about the maturity, discretion and class of you and your fellows.

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:24 AM
Yes, I have. Hence my remark about the maturity, discretion and class of you and your fellows.

Well then your quote should have been Nice to see I have shown my maturity, discretion, and class

Not all Pova fans have been that in this thread

friendsita
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:26 AM
100% Masha

it-girl
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Ana all the way!!

ASP0315
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:28 AM
this is another typical troll thread in attempt to start a tard war.
congratulations.

Svetlana.
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Maria by far...

jacobruiz
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Well then your quote should have been Nice to see I have shown my maturity, discretion, and class

Not all Pova fans have been that in this thread

Some haters are at least funny in their ridiculousness; you on the other hand...

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Some haters are at least funny in their ridiculousness; you on the other hand...

I'm not one of those anyway:shrug:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Okay... it's a very close battle right now... 52-50 in Maria's favour. I love Ana to bits, but so is Maria!!!

Now let me cast my vote... I choose....

:eek: Suspense!

"I like them equally" :lol:

Gotcha :p

(P.S: Well actually, I am just on Ana's side by a razor thin margain of 50.1% - 49.9% at the moment. But still... equal love is better :p)

it-girl
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:47 AM
This thread is proof of how much people like Ana.
Maria has been known & around longer than Ana & yet they are neck & neck in this poll.
It is just a matter of time before Ana surpasses Maria.

Wtatennis212
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I think Ana is better just cause it actually looks like she's having a little fun. Sharapova is way way to serious its really strange. She's 21 she should be enjoying her life more than it looks like she is.

Lucas_Arg
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:56 AM
This thread is proof of how much people dislike Maria, Ana will have her turn too but she is not a star yet.

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Maria has been known & around longer than Ana & yet they are neck & neck in this poll.
It is just a matter of time before Ana surpasses Maria.
That is of course if you accept that a poll on wtaworld represents the general community as a whole :lol:

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:02 AM
You can always recognize greatness
probably why I didnt recognise you ;)

it-girl
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:06 AM
That is of course if you accept that a poll on wtaworld represents the general community as a whole :lol:

No. It simply represents tennis fans who are members of this forum.

.Andrew.
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Ana of course. :hearts:

Sharapova's_Boy
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Allez Maria.

Serenita
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:16 AM
It's 58 -58 and yes i rather Ana over pova.

She is just so HOT!, and i love the way she hit's the ball.

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:17 AM

Yeah true one of these two didn't get booed off the court in the last match they played that sums up the thoughts of the general community better than any poll here could:p

probably why I didnt recognise you ;)

Know your role and shut your mouth - The Rock

sasha&tennis
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Sharapova fans will never admit that she really is not as beautiful as Ana. She looks ok when she is made up but she is not beautiful. There are several other women on the tour who deserve to be in front of Maria when it comes to looks. Hantuchova, Dementiava, Cibulkova, Vaidiasova and even that girl Petra to name a few. If people are honest & not bias because it is their favorite player then they would truly vote for who is more beautiful.

Svetlana.
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Know your role and shut your mouth - The Rock

use your own advise and do the same...

Svetlana.
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Sharapova fans will never admit that she really is not as beautiful as Ana. She looks ok when she is made up but she is not beautiful. There are several other women on the tour who deserve to be in front of Maria when it comes to looks. Hantuchova, Dementiava, Cibulkova, Vaidiasova and even that girl Petra to name a few. If people are honest & not bias because it is their favorite player then they would truly vote for who is more beautiful.

Maria is more beautiful. Period. :wavey:

it-girl
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:27 AM
[QUOTE=A-RadsBlackSheep;13358889]Yeah true one of these two didn't get booed off the court in the last match they played that sums up the thoughts of the general community better than any poll here could:p

How could I ever forget that?:lol:
As much as I don't like Sharapova I felt a little bad for her when that happened but I guess people just don't like her except for her die hard fans & some of them have even strayed with some of the things that she has done.

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:27 AM
use your own advise and do the same...

Stay out of something you don't know anything about I know Dan23 O.K.

it-girl
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:29 AM
:rolls::rolls: It's just getting better and better

I am still trying to figure out what in the h-ll people see when they say Maria Sharapova is beautiful.

Poova
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:31 AM
Since when was this poll based on looks? :confused:

The question is who do you like more. :)

sasha&tennis
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Since when was this poll based on looks? :confused:

The question is who do you like more. :)
Read what he put with the question, that's where I got it from.:)

égalité
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Masha :hearts:

I love how many haters Ivanovic is getting! Missed opportunity for even more at RG, though, because the clay doesn't squeak. :sad:

hankqq
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Maria is more beautiful. Period. :wavey:

:haha::haha::rolls::rolls: That is such a funny statement. OMG do you need your vision checked??

Ana's beauty is so far above Maria's, this shouldn't even be a debate. :wavey:

it-girl
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Masha :hearts:

I love how many haters Ivanovic is getting! Missed opportunity for even more at RG, though, because the clay doesn't squeak. :sad:

There was only one player who received hate or great dislike at RG & that was Maria Sharapova. They did not respect her at all when they did that waive & I have never seen them just boo a person off the court like that. But I have heard that it has happened to her before but I don't watch her play so I really wouldn't know. I only see her play when she is playing a player that I like & I really like Safina.

Svetlana.
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:42 AM
:haha::haha::rolls::rolls: That is such a funny statement. OMG do you need your vision checked??

Ana's beauty is so far above Maria's, this shouldn't even be a debate. :wavey:

Ana is just a cute girl and nothing more.

SOA_MC
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:46 AM
I am still trying to figure out what in the h-ll people see when they say Maria Sharapova is beautiful.

To the casual tennis fan and the non tennis fan her biggest rivals have been the Williams sister's who are black lets face it some (Not me) have never accepted them for that reason have always rooted against them and Justine Henin who is a great player but with ordinary looks when you put Pova up against that of course she will look good to the casual and non tennis fan.

She's also lucky Kournikova stepped away from the game just when Pova showed up

Just my opinion

Apoleb
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:49 AM
She's good looking, but nothing out of the ordinary. She kinda looks like your average Russian girl. :shrug: Definitely not on Kournikova's level.

Ana, on the other hand, has some shots that simply makes you go "wow". (though she doesn't look gorgeous all the time either)/

it-girl
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:52 AM

Well what is this?

Apoleb
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:52 AM

And how you describe that:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6880/mariasharapova88qlqi8.jpg

I don't see the stunning beauty there. :shrug: (and this is supposed to be one of the better pics).

it-girl
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:08 AM

I don't see the stunning beauty there. :shrug: (and this is supposed to be one of the better pics).

You can see how bad her skin is in this picture. She has a open soar on her arm and ookie bumps all over her face neck & arms & it probably doesn't stop there. Disgusting :help:

Saying maria is beautiful is like saying that she can run fast neither of which are true.

moby
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:20 AM
How can anyone like Maria after the IW incident against Daniela! It's sickening really that people can like Maria after this incident. She's basically BULLYING a fragile individual (daniela is as fragile as they come!). People actually supporting a bully, a cowardly one at that, because you know she wouldn't try that against... oh I don't know Ana? Serena? Venus? Jelena?I'm not sure Ana can claim the moral high ground over Maria when it comes to Daniela. Just take a look at their Australian semi. She tries to deny Daniela a point at 1:10: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iCFvS0l0Aa0 Daniela calls the squeaking shoes ridiculous, and a distraction. :shrug:

Anyway, Ana is more beautiful than Maria IMO. But Maria doesn't have the personality of a cardboard. :)

hankqq
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:23 AM

Look, Sharapova is pretty, but not beautiful. I'm not one of the posters saying she's ugly, because obviously she's far from ugly, but her looks aren't that extraordinary.

Ana is just beautiful. With or without makeup, she trumps Sharapova any day.

Sharapowerr
Jun 10th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Maria Sharapova, and i m not gonna spit on Ana , i think this is one of the reasons this thread is made to bring the hate up..

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:13 AM
You can see how bad her skin is in this picture. She has a open soar on her arm and ookie bumps all over her face neck & arms & it probably doesn't stop there. Disgusting :help:

Saying maria is beautiful is like saying that she can run fast neither of which are true.
Geez lets see a picture of you then. :rolleyes:

All this talk is becoming PATHETIC, when will people realise once and for all that BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER and individuals cannot speak with authority in this area.

Dan23
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:16 AM

Who said it was meant to be a great pic? What it is though is a natural photo far different from the one that Marshy and co get their jollies out of posting in every recent thread about Maria.

austennis
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:19 AM
i got to say Ana.. without make up she looks gorgeous where as Maria looks normal and plain.. i think maria is top 5looking players but not number 1

Huntress55
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Maria :) But I like Ana too, I just liked Maria before her.

okayawesome21
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:45 AM
ana...but just barely.
both are great players. both are beautiful (despite what the majority of the pictures of maria say). and both have their annoying habits (the grunting is a little bit more annoying than the adjes). but i like ana because i like the fact that she smiles on court. whether its a bad miss or a good winner, shes smiling.

Natalicious
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Ana.

justine schnyder
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Don't like both, but prefer Maria