PDA

View Full Version : Thread about Ana Ivanovic shocking upsets after Ana's (e)very good tournaments

Cp6uja
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Ana Ivanovic reach so far 10 career finals (won 7 titles) but unlike 99% of all others TOP WTA (or ATP) tennis players or TOP athletes her biggest career successes is in same time sure sign for big disappointment at first next tournament instead sign of very good shape with continuing with amazing results like for other players!

Here is results of Ana Ivanovic FIRST NEXT TOURNAMENTS
week or two AFTER all of her career FINALS.

AO/05 (after Canberra/05 final): Won two matches before lose R32.
USO/06 (after Montreal/06 final): Won two matches before lose R32.
Antwerp/07 (after Tokyo/07 final): Won two matches before lose QF.
Withdraw from Rome/07 after Berlin/07 final b/c injury.
S'Hertogenbosh/07 (after RG/07 final): Won one match before lose QF.
Toronto/07 (after LA/07 final): Not win any match before lose R32.
Stutgart/07 (after Luxembourg/07 final): Won one match before lose R16.
B/C FED CUP she not played any WTA tournament week or two after AO/08 final.
Miami/08 (after Indian Wells/08 final): Won one match before lose R32.
Wimbledon/08 (after RG/08 final): Won two matches before lose R32

So belive or not - Ana Ivanovic so far never won more than 2 matches at tournaments which is played week or two after some of her career finals :tape: :tape: :tape:.

But also, since 2007 Ana Ivanovic is most consistent WTA player at majors and with 3 finals and one SF she is only one who reach more than 3 GS semifinals (since 2007). She is almost equal good at all surfaces and produce good results at all parts of season without big difference and TOP10 wins in her case is very often. But even since she established herself like TOP10/TOP5 player (since last season) Ana still continue to be well known like TOP player with most shocked (and most often) upsets on WTA tour. Other elite players also have upsets but it's more connected with theirs for example 2-3 months crisis or bad shape for some period, injury problems or unlike surface - only Ana sucks "traditionaly" together in same time with her best results and wins!

Here is Ana Ivanovic activities since last year red clay season when she established herself like worlds TOP10 (TOP5 actualy) player. In GREEN is colored USUAL results of some TOP10 player - Quarterfinals at MAJORS (GS, YEC, Tier-I) and Semifinals at MINORS (Tier-II and less). In BLUE is very good results (atleast SF at MAJORS and finals at MINORS) and in RED is colored very bad result for some TOP10/TOP5 player (worse than QF at MAJORS or worse than SF at MINORS).

BERLIN Winner
ROME Withdraw b/c injury
ROLAND GARROS Final
S'HERTOGENBOSCH QF round
WIMBLEDON Semifinal
SAN DIEGO and STANFORD Withdraws b/c injuries
LOS ANGELES Winner
TORONTO 2nd Round
US Open R16 - bad day against very good opponent
LUXEMBOURG Winner
STUTTGART R16
ZURICH R16
YEC (Madrid) Semifinal
Preseason (without single win!!!)
SYDNEY Semifinal
AUSTRALIAN OPEN Final
DOHA and DUBAI problems with and after injury
INDIAN WELLS Winner
MIAMI R32
BERLIN Semifinal
ROME R32
ROLAND GARROS Winner
WIMBLEDON R32

It's realy amazing that in this last 14 months Ana's record is only one "expected" tournament result ("GREEN" Sydney/08) and all others is or VERY BAD or VERY GOOD!!!

So what do you think: Will this Ana Ivanovic strange Career Strategy continue now when she finaly reach 1st GS title and reach WTA#1 spot?

ViennaCalling
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Didn´t we have these stats already? :confused:

Something like .... one week ago????

Emina.
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:37 PM
All hail King of Stats :bowdown:

Can you please create a ''How to recognize REAL WIMBLEDON Favorite (helpful facts) '' thread??!!

iPatty
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I think you should have just bumped your old thread, but it's okay.

I don't see her having as many random losses now (Yan, Bondarenko, Pironkova). She seems way more focused, at least to me. Whoever made that thread about her new life starting now; I don't know about a new life but I definitely think she has turned another cornerstone in her career.

Cp6uja
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:39 PM
DidnŽt we have these stats already? :confused:

Something like .... one week ago????Actualy 20 days ago i predict like "sure bet" very bad results for Ana at Eastbourne and present this "VERY GOOD" than "VERY BAD" Ana race since she is TOP10. But now since she is #1 i'm not so sure...

Cp6uja
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:40 PM
All hail King of Stats :bowdown:

Can you please create a ''How to recognize REAL WIMBLEDON Favorite (helpful facts) '' thread??!!No, because Ana is right now favorite #4 :devil: ;)

MaBaker
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:50 PM
So, you are bored to death ? :wavey:

hablo
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Yes, she probably will continue to have her traditional shocking upsets.

I don't have an explanation as to why this occurs to your favourite player, however.

Nikkiri
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Who knows. :shrug:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Holy smoley.... the poll options are.... long and confusing.... :tape:

Mikey.
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:03 PM
But she has won a grand slam now. She will be very confident and hopefully that will help with her consistency.

-NAJ-
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:04 PM
NO, she is always ready phisicaly and now after #1 and GS title she is mentaly ready for consistent "full shedule" without shocking upsets.

Poova
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Is this your 'stats' way of saying Ana is going to win Wimbledon? :scratch:

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Now I can't argue with Srбиja. Ana will pull a Mauresmo -- first round loss at Eastbourne and title run at SW19.

Adal
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:25 PM
damn those poll options :rolls:

i dunno she and nole have those things so i dunno....i hope she doesn't :)

cocco80
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:31 PM
YES, because she don’t need to change anything in her way to TOP and will continue to use many tournaments only for preparations and training.

Cp6uja
Jun 9th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Now I can't argue with Srбиja. Ana will pull a Mauresmo -- first round loss at Eastbourne and title run at SW19.Is this your 'stats' way of saying Ana is going to win Wimbledon? :scratch:Since 2007 Ana is obviously very consistent player at slams and no doubt that she will give her best at Wimbledon grass. Will that be enough for Qf, SF or Final we will see. But subject of this thread is Ana Ivanovic "strange" results right after or right before some slam or right after some tournaments final where she NEVER have any success even by criteria for TOP50 player... not TOP5 player like she is in last about 12 months! So real question here will that change now since she is #1 and not anymore "slamless" player (first test is Eastbourne Tier-II tournament next week) or will continue with all that strange results (call their "Shameful" if you want)??? If she will lose for example in Eastbourne her 2nd match AGAINst Pironkova, or if Cetkovska revange her for RG double bagel or...etc... that will be solid proof that nothing is still not change even now. But if she after career 10th final will finaly win more than two matches in the row (like 1st seed and WTA#1 at sh*ty tier-II tournament) it will be quick sign about changes.

Of course that Ana will play maximum seriously at any slam in future. So all poll options here is about Ana "Dark Side" and question will she continue to sucks again and always after every success at tournaments week or two after that.

damn those poll options :rolls:

i dunno she and nole have those things so i dunno....i hope she doesn't :)I agree that Novak is also already known for some shocking and unexpecting upsets after big success, but he atleast plays 3-4 very good or good tournaments in the row, and than sucks - and Ana case is more than clean: one very Good than one very Bad tournament.

DownTheLine21
Jun 9th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Well, at least she continues to give herself tournaments to add points with next year if she fails to defend this year's results (i.e. Doha, Miami, Rome, etc.).

Paul.
Jun 9th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I voted YES, although I'm not sure what I'm agreeing to. I didn't understand the options so I voted for the most fun one :)

Something about total domination :dance:

spiritedenergy
Jun 9th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I actually hope she stays that way more or less. She'll have more time to rest and be more hungry for the next tournament. As long as she peaks at slams as she did until now.:worship:

Wiggly
Jun 9th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Maybe that's why she's playing a tournaement before WImbledon.;)

spiritedenergy
Jun 9th, 2008, 07:17 PM
this is off topic but still... I also noticed that Ana has a new mannerism on court. When playing Schnyder she was always waiting for her to pass by before going to her chair during changeovers. A few times Schnyder looked at her with a face half between scare and laugh. Once she even hurried up like she learnt about it.:tape::lol:

@danieln1
Jun 9th, 2008, 07:36 PM
If thid trend continue, sheŽll be upset early at Eastbourne (hopefully by Lindsay!!!) and do extremelly well at Wimbledon, semis at least!

Cp6uja
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Here is results of Ana Ivanovic FIRST NEXT TOURNAMENTS week or two after all of her career finals.

AO/05 (after Canberra/05 final): Won two matches before lose R32.
USO/06 (after Montreal/06 final): Won two matches before lose R32.
Antwerp/07 (after Tokyo/07 final): Won two matches before lose QF.
Withdraw from Rome/07 after Berlin/07 final b/c injury.
S'Hertogenbosh/07 (after RG/07 final): Won one match before lose QF.
Toronto/07 (after LA/07 final): Not win any match before lose R32.
Stutgart/07 (after Luxembourg/07 final): Won one match before lose R16.
B/C FED CUP she not played any WTA tournament week or two after AO/08 final.
Miami/08 (after Indian Wells/08 final): Won one match before lose R32.
Eastbourne/08 (after RG/08 final): Withdraw b/c dont care

So belive or not - Ana Ivanovic so far never won more than 2 matches at tournaments which is played week or two after some of her career finals :tape: :tape: :tape:.

. . .

Here is Ana Ivanovic activities since last year red clay season when she established herself like worlds TOP10 (TOP5 actualy) player.

BERLIN Winner
ROME Withdraw b/c injury
ROLAND GARROS Final
S'HERTOGENBOSCH QF round
WIMBLEDON Semifinal
SAN DIEGO and STANFORD Withdraws b/c injuries
LOS ANGELES Winner
TORONTO 2nd Round
US Open R16 - bad day against very good opponent
LUXEMBOURG Winner
STUTTGART R16
ZURICH R16
YEC (Madrid) Semifinal
Preseason (without single win!!!)
SYDNEY Semifinal
AUSTRALIAN OPEN Final
DOHA and DUBAI problems with and after injury
INDIAN WELLS Winner
MIAMI R32
BERLIN Semifinal
ROME R32
ROLAND GARROS Winner
------------------------------------------
EASTBOURNE Withdraw b/c dont care
WIMBLEDON ???

OMG... i forget to add in this Poll YES & NO option (in same time)! Week or two after big success she still dont have any ambitions for some good results at next tournament, but for change she now care about her reputation like slam-winner or WTA#1!!! So she simple withdraw and no more shameful performances like against Pironkova, K.Bondarenko, Yan... Both time when Ana have big success two tournaments in the row (RG/07 after Berlin/07, and Los Angeles/07 after Wimbledon/07) is when she have atleast three weeks pause between (b/c withdraws from Rome or Stanford and San Diego)... but in past she always withdraws from tournaments because real injuries - so this Eastbourne/08 will be her career first "smart decision" withdraws (if we not count FED CUP April/07 week)!

Good to see this change from Ana :rocker2: :drive:
If you not take some tournament seriously - why playing that event at all (especialy in Olympics year summer is stupid to play more than you need or want)???

supergrunt
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Everybody is upset. It is just a part of the game.

Dawson.
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:49 PM
those stats are stupid! you are counting withdrawals as bad results, wtf?!

ana might just been one of those players who needs a weeks rest in between tournements, i mean look at henin and the william sisters! how often did they play consectutive weeks of tennis? and how successful??

i agree that she is a bit inconsistant, but i thik you are reading too much into it

cocco80
Jun 10th, 2008, 10:54 PM

ana might just been one of those players who needs a weeks rest in between tournements, i mean look at henin and the william sisters! how often did they play consectutive weeks of tennis? and how successful??

i agree that she is a bit inconsistant, but i thik you are reading too much into it

I think he's trying to find a pattern and determine why these upsets are happening in the first place. Not a bad idea.
He is actually good in these things.

Cp6uja
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:12 AM

i agree that she is a bit inconsistant, but i thik you are reading too much into itI count only tournaments which she commit to play but withdraws at end. And where you see similarity with Serena and Henin here? Did you understand that Ana in whole career played 10 finals so far but never won more than two matches at next tournament which is played WEEK or TWO WEEKS after that finals. Her Win/Lose record in all that tournaments (week or two weeks after finals) is 9-7 with two withdraws. Justine for example last season played 11 finals and at tournaments which is played WEEK or TWO WEEKS after this finals Henin won at Doha after Dubai, reach Berlin SF after Warsaw final, won Eastbourne after RG final, reach Wimbledon SF after Eastbourne final, won USO after Toronto final, won Zurich after Stutgart final, and won YEC Madrid after Zurich final (32-2 W/L!!!)... so i dont see any early round upsets here and in Ana case it's always happen! Serena this season reached 3 finals. After Bangalore final she not played at Indian Wells b/c boycott, (week or) two weeks after Miami final she played Charleston and won and two weeks after Charleston she simple not played because simple no other tier-II or above tournaments in WTA shedule in that time.

Mchstnate
Jun 11th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Shes only goin down from here. She sure as hell aint no Justine...the #1 spot will belong to someone else after Wimbledon.

Chunchun
Jun 28th, 2008, 01:53 AM
so. Since Ana won in RG she should have tanked Eastbourne to avoid this @ Wimby :sad:

Archer16
Jun 28th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Interesting stats, weird options.
Good to see this change from Ana :rocker2: :drive:
If you not take some tournament seriously - why playing that event at all (especialy in Olympics year summer is stupid to play more than you need or want)???
Do you still think that way? I think we've learned this year (regardless of the winner) that grass preparation is generally good for Wimbledon...
Further like some people said according to your stats she'd probably lost early there and then do very well here ;)
I voted YES, although I'm not sure what I'm agreeing to. I didn't understand the options so I voted for the most fun one :)

Something about total domination :dance:
:haha:

Cp6uja
Jun 28th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Interesting stats, weird options.

Do you still think that way? I think we've learned this year (regardless of the winner) that grass preparation is generally good for Wimbledon...
Further like some people said according to your stats she'd probably lost early there and then do very well here ;)
She will probably lose her first match in Eastbourne anyway. Her bigger problem than she not compete at some grass tournaments before Wimbledon is fact that she also reduce her trainings at new surface at minimum after RG.

By this thread clean results Ana is not a threat at tournaments next week or two after big success (especialy after titles and finals). But this time after so big success (career 1st slam and reach #1) she obviously need another extra week to regroup and focus!

so. Since Ana won in RG she should have tanked Eastbourne to avoid this @ Wimby :sad:Maybe some next year, but after her career first GS title she is anyway not ready for anything after less than 20 days at totaly new surface.

DownTheLine21
Jun 28th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Well, the rest of her schedule is set up perfectly, then.

SF/F/W the Olympics
Tank Montreal
SF/F/W the USO

slamchamp
Jun 28th, 2008, 03:46 AM
the poll options:tape:

Craig.
Jun 28th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Not ready for total domination. Just like everyone else on the tour. As a matter of fact, no is actually DOMINATING the game at the moment.

InsideOut.
Jun 28th, 2008, 03:52 AM

SF/F/W the Olympics
Tank Montreal
SF/F/W the USO

Montreal is before Olympics :confused:

Wiggly
Jun 28th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Maybe that's why she's playing a tournaement before WImbledon.;)

Told you guys.

wild.river
Jun 28th, 2008, 04:00 AM

SF/F/W the Olympics
Tank Montreal
SF/F/W the USO

tank the olympics! i wanna see her in person in montreal.

DownTheLine21
Jun 28th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Montreal is before Olympics :confused:

Oh yeah. I forgot that it was moved up to the end of July this year. Oh well, I guess she'll have to lose early in Beijing this year.

Cp6uja
Jun 28th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Oh yeah. I forgot that it was moved up to the end of July this year. Oh well, I guess she'll have to lose early in Beijing this year.I think Olympics will be exception (it's just once in 4 years) so she will probably tank Montreal QF (if no tight #1 race, she will probably withdraw or lose even earlier). BTW in all this her upsets she not "tanking" tournaments so often (this season only Rome is suspicios to me) - she is simple emotionaly for some strange reason is still not ready to play back to back on her high level two tournaments in the row (when no pause, or pause is just one week between). I think for Ana personaly, her family, her manager, for Adidas... eventual her Olympic gold will have same value like slam title, so she will try all to be on her best in Beijing, which means not too much to stay in North America (Canada) just week-two before start of Olympics at complete different part of earth and time zone. That is my oppinion, but we will see what will happen.

spiritedenergy
Jun 28th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I think Olympics will be exception (it's just once in 4 years) so she will probably tank Montreal QF (if no tight #1 race, she will probably withdraw or lose even earlier). BTW in all this her upsets she not "tanking" tournaments so often (this season only Rome is suspicios to me) - she is simple emotionaly for some strange reason is still not ready to play back to back on her high level two tournaments in the row (when no pause, or pause is just one week between). I think for Ana personaly, her family, her manager, for Adidas... eventual her Olympic gold will have same value like slam title, so she will try all to be on her best in Beijing, which means not too much to stay in North America (Canada) just week-two before start of Olympics at complete different part of earth and time zone. That is my oppinion, but we will see what will happen.

I don't think she cares that much about n.1 now, and also she will probably lose her position right after Wimbledon...

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM
who bumped this :sad:

spiritedenergy
Jun 28th, 2008, 06:56 PM
who bumped this :sad:

i don't know but it's so true:sobbing:

Anywho let's go Serena!!:bounce: (and JJ):angel:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM
i don't know but it's so true:sobbing:

Anywho let's go Serena!!:bounce: (and JJ):angel:

;)

@danieln1
Jun 28th, 2008, 07:04 PM
This thread is awesome, Ana is a unique character! So she´ll lose 2R in Montreal and win the US Open!

Costanza
Jun 28th, 2008, 07:28 PM
;)

;)

Cp6uja
Jun 28th, 2008, 08:49 PM
So belive or not - Ana Ivanovic so far never won more than 2 matches at tournaments which she played week or two after some of her career finals :tape: :tape: :tape:.To break this "curse" after Roland Garros win Ana need just to beat #133 player(WC) at Wimbledon grass... but she is not even close to do that and lose 6-1 6-4 :tape::tape::help: So after her career 10th final she again still not won more than two matches at her next tournament after some of finals!?

This thread is created when Ana reach WTA#1 and final at RG to prevent early shock b/c her "sure bet" upcoming "disaster" lose already at her next tournament in Eastbourne. But nothing happen b/c she withdraws. Thread is bumped after Ana shocking lose in 3rd round of Wimbledon despite fact that between RG final and Wimbledon she have actualy two weeks pause - but b/c winning GS is biggest possible success in tennis and she waste first week after that only in celebrations and photoshoots this case deserve to be counted like "GOLDEN EXCEPTION".

So i added now Wimbledon/08 case like Ana's "next tournament" of RG/08 and also change title and redesigned OP. So thread will be updated during season, especialy after some of newest Ana finals and with results of her next tournament after that success till this extremly strange trend will continue in future.