PDA

View Full Version : Game Set and mats! Good God!

The Dawntreader
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Who was that awful presenter on that program? I know this is a bit late to be ranting in regards to RG, but it's GM and stranger things have happened:lol:

He was pronouncing names wrong, twitching all the time, nervous laugh, and reading notes visibly showing no knowledge of tennis at all.

Who was this man! :haha:

Mike_T
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:25 PM
He was pronouncing names wrong, twitching all the time, nervous laugh, and reading notes visibly showing no knowledge of tennis at all.

Larry Scott?

The Dawntreader
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Larry Scott?

:lol:

I think compared to this man, we have to give Larry a break:lol:

Dexter
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Who was that awful presenter on that program? I know this is a bit late to be ranting in regards to RG, but it's GM and stranger things have happened:lol:

Who was this man! :haha:Honestly Wilander annoyed me a lot more. :tape: He has no clue about WTA. I thought I would crack when he said Janković is the overwhelming favourite before the SF. :lol: He was mixing up facts as if he found out some of them minutes before the programme. He never managed to pronounce Jelena's surname properly the whole fortnight too. :tape:

$uricate
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Ive never seen it but Im guessing Mats Wilander is a presenter and the name is a horrible pun :tape:
Im gonna have to guess and say Andrew Castle?

cocco80
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Mats is a tool.
He said Jelena and Kuzy would reach the finals. When that didn't happen he said Dinara would win...

:haha:

I don't about the other guy. Mats stole his thunder, I guess.

The Dawntreader
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Honestly Wilander annoyed me a lot more. :tape: He has no clue about WTA. I thought I would crack when he said Janković is the overwhelming favourite before the SF. :lol: He was mixing up facts as if he found out some of them minutes before the programme. He never managed to pronounce Jelena's surname properly the whole fortnight too. :tape:

Oh i know:rolleyes: Since when was Jankovic pronounced with a harsh J consonant:lol:

I thought Europsport was a shambles, as it always is when they bring former players back. I mean i like Maggie Maleeva, but in 2005 when she came on she was so incoherent. As was Novotna from time to time:lol:

Dexter
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Mats is a tool.
He said Jelena and Kuzy would reach the finals. When that didn't happen he said Dinara would win...:spit: I know! The other day Wozniacki was going to beat Ana and at the end when he was asked if Ana is capable of dominating women's tennis he said absolutely no, because there's too many younger players. Again who... I'm guessing Wozniacki. :tape:
Oh well good for us, I guess... since Ana was proving him wrong each time. :lol::D

KasiaSkowronska
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:36 PM
The women last year was worse
but this is just a really bad show

cocco80
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:38 PM
:spit: I know! The other day Wozniacki was going to beat Ana and at the end when he was asked if Ana is capable of dominating women's tennis he said absolutely no, because there's too many younger players. Again who... I'm guessing Wozniacki. :tape:
Oh well good for us, I guess... since Ana was proving him wrong each time. :lol::D

:cool: :smoke: (that's ANa)

and this is Mats :silly: :timebomb:

Ksenia.
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
The women last year was worsewasn't that Barbara Schett? Anyway, they both (Barbara and the man from this year) suck...

Mats kinda sucks too... he said Roger would have had good chances against Rafa or something like that

The Dawntreader
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:46 PM
wasn't that Barbara Schett? Anyway, they both (Barbara and the man from this year) suck...

Mats kinda sucks too... he said Roger would have had good chances against Rafa or something like that

Well mat is such a kiss-ass anyway. I remember him saying something about Venus playing badly at RG last year, and then interviews her and then says 'You're playing so well here'. I could've slapped both his faces:lol:

cocco80
Jun 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Well mat is such a kiss-ass anyway. I remember him saying something about Venus playing badly at RG last year, and then interviews her and then says 'You're playing so well here'. I could've slapped both his faces:lol:

That's actually something he always does.

Omg, that's the man who said Roger lacks balls when playing Nadal (on clay). However, he apologized to him this year for those remarks and said Roger has a chance to win this year. He's delusional - once again. We all saw what happened in the finals.

His predictions are absolutely ricilous. The person who knows nothing about tennis would be better than him.

theDreamer
Jun 9th, 2008, 05:48 PM

wow. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that saw that.
I'm quite surprised it took this long for a thread to
appear about it. I don't know his name but that man was
terrible:tape:

KasiaSkowronska
Jun 9th, 2008, 07:54 PM
wasn't that Barbara Schett? Anyway, they both (Barbara and the man from this year) suck...

no it was a french girl i believe
don't remember her name

Slutiana
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Anyone who watched the Golovin-Rezai match at this year's AO... The amount of B.S that came out of his mouth. He seemed to thing that everything he said was 100% right just because he worked with her for like two weeks (he neglected to mention that after she dumped him, she went on the great end of year streak). Viva!

Slutiana
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Oh, and in the final, did anyone hear him say something to the effect of 'Justine shouldn't be here, she's stealing their thunder, she's had her glory, it's their turn now... she's just putting unnecessary pressure on them.'

Please someone assasinate him.

cocco80
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:27 PM
As for Mats - I'm a fan.

Enthusiastic, knowledgeable, says it how he sees it: and like me - great sense of humour. :D

:spit:

Slutati
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Anyone who watched the Golovin-Rezai match at this year's AO... The amount of B.S that came out of his mouth. He seemed to thing that everything he said was 100% right just because he worked with her for like two weeks (he neglected to mention that after she dumped him, she went on the great end of year streak). Viva!
I knooooow, what an idiot:weirdo:

davidmario
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:32 PM
This guy was just a complete ":weirdo: "
and for wilander's part: I found it soo funny when that guy looked up a head-to-head for wilander and borg and found out that borg trashed the young wilander in geneva 6-1 6-1 and borg said he handed the games to mats:lol: Mats looked really pissed^^

cocco80
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:36 PM
This guy was just a complete ":weirdo: "
and for wilander's part: I found it soo funny when that guy looked up a head-to-head for wilander and borg and found out that borg trashed the young wilander in geneva 6-1 6-1 and borg said he handed the games to mats:lol: Mats looked really pissed^^

Borg also said that "The funny part is that Mats actually played well" :lol: Of course he said that just to put him into his place cuz the man was talking nonsense trying to be funny - which he's not of course.
I was so glad. Can't stand that prick.

Dodoboy.
Jun 9th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Oh, and in the final, did anyone hear him say something to the effect of 'Justine shouldn't be here, she's stealing their thunder, she's had her glory, it's their turn now... she's just putting unnecessary pressure on them.'

Please someone assasinate him.

:lol:

Viktymise
Jun 9th, 2008, 09:01 PM
The whole show in general was a load of arse. I found it quite rediculous that ES would cut away from live tennis to show such superfluous nonsense.

Wilander has no clue about the WTA. I can't remember exactly some of the things he was spouting on about while commentating on the Sharapova - Safina match, but he was making Andrew Castle sound like an avid TF member. :tape:

I try to avoid any match he commentates on like a disease.

ShimSham
Jun 9th, 2008, 09:32 PM
The present (whatever his name was) had that deer caught in the headlights look. I found him really irritating. I liked the guests and Wilander, but the show was rubbish.

Beat
Jun 9th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Honestly Wilander annoyed me a lot more.
me, too. he's always talking out of his arse, frankly. where do all these ex-players get the idea that because they were great players, they also make for good commentators? :tape:

ivanban
Jun 9th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Honestly Wilander annoyed me a lot more. :tape: He has no clue about WTA. I thought I would crack when he said Janković is the overwhelming favourite before the SF. :lol: He was mixing up facts as if he found out some of them minutes before the programme. He never managed to pronounce Jelena's surname properly the whole fortnight too. :tape:

That bloody bastard was jinxing JJ through whole RG :fiery:

V-MAC
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Jana Novotna and Peter Flemming were useless with their studio analysis :o No insight or anything. Jana just looked so bored the whole time. At least Anabel looked like she was enthusiatic

Serenidad.
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Jana Novotna and Peter Flemming were useless with their studio analysis :o No insight or anything. Jana just looked so bored the whole time. At least Anabel looked like she was enthusiatic

When Anabel is the best commentator in the box something is WRONG. Brie Whitehead in top 100 WRONG.