PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Davnport should play somewhere :o

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Lazy hasn't played since April. i'm sure lack of matches will bite her in the ass when it comes to Wilmbledon :rolleyes:

TennisFanForever
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Lazy hasn't played since April. i'm sure lack of matches will bite her in the ass when it comes to Wilmbledon :rolleyes:

that's why she planned to play Eastbourne :shrug:

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:33 PM
that's why she planned to play Eastbourne :shrug:
she should play Birmingham :o
this tournament hardly has a star player except Nicole Vaidisova :help:

DownTheLine21
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I agree that she should play Birmingham, but I guess she wants to face tougher competition before coming into Wimbledon.

danieln1
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:35 PM

SheŽs fed up playing mickey mouse tournaments... sheŽll do fine at Eastbourne... it was a smart move skipping clay season

Slutati
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:37 PM
"Lazy" :rolls::rolls::rolls:

Dodoboy.
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM
She really should play Birmingham.

this is one MM she needs.

Dawson.
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM
how has lack of matxch practise ever affected davenport?!?!
may i remind you that she took a year out to have a baby, came back and won her first tournement, beating the likes of jankovic and hantuchova!!

plus, more to the fact, she is playing eastbourne!

LindsayRulz
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:43 PM
At least "Lazy" Lindsay won a match in the last four tournaments she entered, unlike the Birmingham "star" :p.

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM
may i remind you that she took a year out to have a baby, came back and won her first tournement, beating the likes of jankovic and hantuchova!!

Wimbledon isn't the likes of Bali and Auckland :rolleyes:

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:52 PM
BTW i think she should play both Birmingham and Eastbourne if she is really serious about Wimbledon title. that way it's gonna help her prepare for a tough competition.

John.
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Lazy :rolleyes:

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:56 PM
At least "Lazy" Lindsay won a match in the last four tournaments she entered, unlike the Birmingham "star" :p.
why does everyone keep attacking Nicole? :sad:

danieln1
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:59 PM
why does everyone keep attacking Nicole? :sad:

They keep doing that because Nicole is in a serious slump right now, luckily sheŽll win a match in Birmingham

Elske
Jun 8th, 2008, 07:08 PM
BTW i think she should play both Birmingham and Eastbourne if she is really serious about Wimbledon title. that way it's gonna help her prepare for a tough competition.
LOL that would be the worst decision ever for Lindsay, she can't play 4 weeks in a row anymore. It's ironic, first people are complaining because she's playing "easy" tournaments, now people say she shouldn't play a tournament with the higher ranked players...

Anyway, I think it's a great idea for Lindsay to play Eastbourne, I'm pretty sure she'll do well here and it's a good preparation for Wimbledon.

Go Lindsay :)

frenchie
Jun 8th, 2008, 07:12 PM

Oh please:tape::help:
The world number 20 or something is playing a tier 3! I'm sure this will attract an enormous crowd from all over England....

Vaidisova is NOT a star!

Sh's a slumping player with a boring game and an overated look!;)

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2008, 07:12 PM
LOL that would be the worst decision ever for Lindsay, she can't play 4 weeks in a row anymore. It's ironic, first people are complaining because she's playing "easy" tournaments, now people say she shouldn't play a tournament with the higher ranked players...

Anyway, I think it's a great idea for Lindsay to play Eastbourne, I'm pretty sure she'll do well here and it's a good preparation for Wimbledon.

Go Lindsay :)
i just don't want her to fail @ Wimbledon :rolleyes: she is waiting for this tournament and she should be @ 100%

Elske
Jun 8th, 2008, 07:14 PM
i just don't want her to fail @ Wimbledon :rolleyes: she is waiting for this tournament and she should be @ 100%
If she plays Birmingham and Eastbourne she'll get injured at Wimbledon, that's a sure thing with Lindsay. :tape:

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Vaidisova is NOT a star!

Sh's a slumping player with a boring game and an overated look!;)
duh, just bc Nicole beat your Myskina ass and stole her bf :ras:

Dave.
Jun 8th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Eastbourne should be enough match practice, even if she loses early there. She just needs to play a match or two on the grass against someone who is high ranked.

frenchie
Jun 8th, 2008, 07:28 PM

Beating Myskina in the first part of 2005 is hardly an achievement:rolleyes:

and I don't think Nicole is an example of perfect boyfriend choice:help:

Noctis
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:06 PM
:rolleyes: Learn To Spell her Name before saying something about her

Beat
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:10 PM

did you just use the words "star player" and "vaidisova" in the same sentence?

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:13 PM
:rolleyes: Learn To Spell her Name before saying something about her
can you read?

serenus_2k8
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Guys leave Nicole alone?

And please change Davnport to Davenport.

Slutati
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:18 PM
People are just jealous cuz Nicole is sexy:rolleyes:

hankqq
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Davenport doesn't like to play for more than 3 weeks in a row, and I bet she's counting on making it to the 2nd week of Wimbledon, so Eastbourne is plenty for her.

hankqq
Jun 8th, 2008, 08:40 PM

I'm not dissing Vaidisova, but I just noticed something-Melzer started with Myskina and then ended up with Vaidisova. Then Stepanek was with Hingis and now he's with Vaidisova...has this happened with anyone else too?

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I'm not dissing Vaidisova, but I just noticed something-Melzer started with Myskina and then ended up with Vaidisova. Then Stepanek was with Hingis and now he's with Vaidisova...has this happened with anyone else too?
Homewreckersova :hearts:

jimbo mack
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:48 PM
off topic i know but......

did lindsay have to pay a fine for not playing the french? out of interest

Slumpsova
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:52 PM
off topic i know but......

did lindsay have to pay a fine for not playing the french? out of interest
you don't need to pay anything to skip GS i think. it isn't WTA tournament.

jimbo mack
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:59 PM
but i thought GS are mandatory?

-Sonic-
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Eastbourne really needs her this year...

Elske
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Lindsay received a Gold Emeritus Exemption

Lindsayfan32
Jun 8th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Lindsay gone and skipped the clay court season part from green clay. Gone home and trained for the grass court season where she has a fighting chance of winning a tournament. Lindsay terms herself as a part time player now an if she doesn't want to play for eight weeks then that her right to. Also Lindsay will be playing a heavy schedule during the US summer and that why she hasn't played for eight weeks. Resting up for tournaments she she a fighting chance of doing well at. It sounds like wise scheduling to me.

dybbuk
Jun 8th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Lindsay is a part-time player, like others have said. Some people need to stop expecting her to play a full schedule. She is a part-time player, and has insisted she is one since her comeback. :)

Wtrain
Jun 9th, 2008, 12:25 AM
can you read?

I think the poster meant how to spell Davenport... or maybe I'm wrong.

darrinbaker00
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:50 AM
They are. All that really means is that if your ranking qualifies you for direct entry into the main draw, it counts as one of your "Best 17" for ranking purposes. In Lindsay's case, it counts as a zero.

brent-o
Jun 9th, 2008, 05:10 AM

So true, she is one of those players who tears through the early rounds of tournaments looking very sharp. But I think if she is pushed, the lack of being in match situations lately might show.

Jakeev
Jun 9th, 2008, 07:46 AM

I think you should just put a cork in it and let Lindsay do what she wants. After all she is playing for fun and not to freaking please you.

And besides, she will be THE freshest player going into the grass-court season and she will be THE most dangerous draw.