PDA

View Full Version : Safina put up a better fight than Federer did!!

tennnisfannn
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:09 PM
and won more games in two sets than federer did in three, yet he is probably a GOAT and has been in a gazillion slam finals, yet we slam wta for a poor fnal showing. In hindsight, well done safina and well done ana.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

gentenaire
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Indeed. At least the women's final was a real match.

Ryan
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Uber-domination. I'm dead. :lol: Poor JesusFed and his FedTard fans will have to wait another year for their dream to have a chance of coming true. :lol: Nadal played so well, and really pushed Fed around the court and made him look like an amateur. I hope he bawls like a baby. :lol:

Vamos Rafa, 4 RG's in a row! :eek:

ZeroSOFInfinity
I switched off my TV once Nadal won the 2nd set....

cellophane
What a joke that match was.

eck
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Well duh, 4 games < 7 games. :o

Optima
Nadull wins again.

kwilliams
Well done Rafa! Great scoreline!

DemWilliamsGulls
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Wow nadal gave Federer 10 inches with no lube...that was a pure BEATDOWN! And Fereder was talkin like he was going to possibly win lol!

dal
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:16 PM
if u have told me yesterday i wouldn't have believed you.. but after watching federer today.. hell ya safina played a lil better :lol:

kwilliams
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Well duh, 4 games < 6 games. :o

Safina won 7 games.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Nadal was awesome :worship:

Hell, Ivanovic won one less game in last year's final than Federer and she played one set less :lol:

ASP0315
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Actually the match way closer than the scoreline suggests. There are a lot of long rallies and nadal completely dominated him off the court. It is not that federer played badly, Nadal is just too good on clay.

Corswandt
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Safina put up a better fight than Federer did!!

Of course she did.

If the women's final had been this one-sided, everyone would be whining about how the women's game was in a crisis/on its death throes. Maybe not everyone - but at least Steffica Greles.

eck
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Safina won 7 games.

All the same :p

Roger :worship:

LefandePatty
What's the point ?

Nadal >>>>> Ivanovic, Safina
Federer >>>>> Ivanovic, Safina

Natash.
Federer did play pretty bad. :lol: But Nadal was sharp. :o What a :yawn: that final was.

Ryan
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Of course she did.

If the women's final had been this one-sided, everyone would be whining about how the women's game was in a crisis/on its death throes. Maybe not everyone - but at least Steffica Greles.

Well the one thing we can all be happy about is that Steffica Greles has retired from the board so we don't need to read his asinine assessment of the women's game. :lol:

Hey Steffica, you're probably creeping so :wavey:

ASP0315
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Had henin played ivanovic would not have won more than 3 games.
luckily she faced a tired and fatigued safina. :lol:

Infiniti2001
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:21 PM
OMG! Did Roger have PMS? :eek:I'm happy about the end results, but what poor play from Roger :o

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Men's tennis is a whole different ball game compared to most error filled women's matches. You shouldn't try to even make the comparison because basically their is no ground to stand on. :tape::lol:

Dawson.
:lol: true!

ASP0315
What's the point ?

well said.

Derek.
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Vamos! :woohoo:

CanIGetAWhat
Thanks for denying Roger the title of "GOAT"!!! :worship:

cellophane
What's the point ?

Ivanovic and Safina final >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Federer sucking ass

eck
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:24 PM
But yeah, that was the most anticlimatic men's final I've seen. Has anyone won less games :o

égalité
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Of course she did.

Steffica retired though. Did you know? She made a thread about it. :tape:

Oh how I love when Federer loses. :hearts: Especially to Rafa. :lick:

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:26 PM
What's the point ?

:tape::worship::worship::haha::haha::haha:

vettipooh
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Maybe so, but Ana is no Nadal! :o

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Umgh the men´s final might have been shorter and one sided but the quality was 100 times better IMO. To watch a performance like Rafa´s is just amazing. Amazing!!!!!!!!!
I would pay money to see some of those shots simply magnificent.
Ana did a good job but comparing her performance to Rafa is laughable!!!!

Infiniti2001
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Men's tennis is a whole different ball game compared to most error filled women's matches. You shouldn't try to even make the comparison because basically their is no ground to stand on. :tape::lol:

But Roger played like he was on the WTA with his 35 UE :shrug:

Ryan
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:29 PM
On a site note, John McEnroe sucks balls at interviewing. He basically creamed himself asking Nadal a "question" that ended with him saying "you just keep getting better!"

Cp6uja
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Anadal :rocker2: total claycourt domination will be continue.

ASP0315
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Ivanovic and Safina final >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Federer sucking ass

last year Grandslam results
Federer vs Gonzalez AO final >>>>>>>>>>>>> Sharapova vs Serena
Federer vs Nadal FO >>>>>>>>>>>> Ivanovic vs Henin
Federer vs Nadal Wimby>>>>>>>>>>>>> V. Williams vs Bartoli
Djokovic vs Federer USO final >>>>>>>>>>> Henin vs Kuznetsova
This year
Tsonga vs Djokovic Ao 2008 final >>>>>>>>>>>> Ivanovic vs Sharapova

over the last 5 out of 6 slam finals. mens finals leads womens final.
Enough said.

RayB
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Federer's opponent is the Greatest Claycourter ever. Unlike Safina's opponent.

IceSkaTennisFan
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:33 PM
and won more games in two sets than federer did in three, yet he is probably a GOAT and has been in a gazillion slam finals, yet we slam wta for a poor fnal showing. In hindsight, well done safina and well done ana.:bounce::bounce::bounce:
Ana is nowhere near the caliber clay court player that Nadal is :weirdo:

Keaka
Believe it or not, Safina didn't have to fight that much.

Nadal didn't miss a ball today. He was like a wall. Well, Ivanovic played a solid game, but certainly not even 5 percents how Nadal played.

Valanga
Federer - got bagelled :help:

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM

Umgh federer wouldnt have lost a point to Ana, Rafa was too good. Roger would have beaten everybody else except maybe Nole. Rafa is just amazing!!!

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM

Nadal's level was 10 times greater than Ana's and that should be noted. I'm a supporter of women's tennis but some fans here are delusional if they think Ana and Safina are on the same level as Roger/Rafa. Not in a million years, but I understand you guys think the women are better than the men anyways. It's more of an emotional thing with some fans here. ;)

tennnisfannn
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:35 PM
as much as some of you want to brag how nadal and federer are way better tha ana and safina, just bu virtue of them having played so many finals against each should ahve made this a classic but it didn't. Fed and nadal have playd easch toehr atleast 3 times in the last 4/5 weeks.
Either way I am so pleased for nadal.

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hey you can like women´s tennis, I have pefered it over men´s many times over the years but to be delusional is just that delusional.

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Umgh the menīs final might have been shorter and one sided but the quality was 100 times better IMO.

Don't be ridiculous.
Federer hit 50% his forehands into the net/wide/long. All Nadal had to do was keeping the ball into play with his moonballs for 3-4 shots.

cellophane
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:40 PM
last year Grandslam results
Federer vs Gonzalez AO final >>>>>>>>>>>>> Sharapova vs Serena
Federer vs Nadal FO >>>>>>>>>>>> Ivanovic vs Henin
Federer vs Nadal Wimby>>>>>>>>>>>>> V. Williams vs Bartoli
Djokovic vs Federer USO final >>>>>>>>>>> Henin vs Kuznetsova
This year
Tsonga vs Djokovic Ao 2008 final >>>>>>>>>>>> Ivanovic vs Sharapova

over the last 5 out of 6 slam finals. mens finals leads womens final.
Enough said.

Last year was the worst year for women's tennis finals. And yes, women's finals suck. I know. I'm just sick of people saying a men's final where Federer wins 4 games is still miles ahead of a semi-competitive women's final.

ASP0315
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Federer's opponent is the Greatest Claycourter ever. Unlike Safina's opponent.

Believe it or not, Safina didn't have to fight that much.

Nadal didn't miss a ball today. He was like a wall. Well, Ivanovic played a solid game, but certainly not even 5 percents how Nadal played.

Umgh the menīs final might have been shorter and one sided but the quality was 100 times better IMO. To watch a performance like Rafaīs is just amazing. Amazing!!!!!!!!!
I would pay money to see some of those shots simply magnificent.
Ana did a good job but comparing her performance to Rafa is laughable!!!!

Nadal's level was 10 times greater than Ana's and that should be noted. I'm a supporter of women's tennis but some fans here are delusional if they think Ana and Safina are on the same level as Roger/Rafa. Not in a million years, but I understand you guys think the women are better than the men anyways. It's more of an emotional thing with some fans here. ;)

Well said guys.

cellophane
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Don't be ridiculous.
Federer hit 50% his forehands into the net/wide/long. All Nadal had to do was keeping the ball into play with his moonballs for 3-4 shots.

Yep.

Corswandt
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Edited.

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Hey you can like womenīs tennis, I have pefered it over menīs many times over the years but to be delusional is just that delusional.

The question isn't whether you prefer it or not. Many fans here champion women's tennis like it's better than the mens game quality wise when that's nothing but a complete lie. If you enjoy it more than men's tennis that's a personal choice but when you start making inaccurate comparisons then you sound delusional.:)

Infiniti2001
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Look, I don't think the OP intended this to be a women vs men thread. His point is that unlike Roger, Safina at least fought to stay in the match :shrug:

gentenaire
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:50 PM
some fans here are delusional if they think Ana and Safina are on the same level as Roger/Rafa.
:confused: I don't see anyone suggesting that.
All we're saying is that the women's final was a far more interesting match than this year's men's final. When someone's dominating the women's tour, it's a sign as the lack of depth on tour, when someone's dominating the men's tour, it's just the brilliance of the man who's dominating. We've had some pretty one sided women's finals and people always used that to trash the women's tour in general. It's only fair that now that the roles are reversed, the men's tour gets trashed.

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Look, I don't think the OP intended this to be a women vs men thread. His point is that unlike Roger, Safina at least fought to stay in the match :shrug:

That's always the case with these threads so I don't know if the OP was just making a point or not. I've always maintained that male and female players shouldn't be compared in this fashion, the level is just different. Anybody with a bit of sense knows that to be a fact.:)

Erika_Angel
What's the point ?

Women's Final >>>>>>>>> Men's Final

Corswandt
When someone's dominating the women's tour, it's a sign as the lack of depth on tour, when someone's dominating the men's tour, it's just the brilliance of the man who's dominating.

Spot on.

There have been some complaints about this being a "mug era" on the ATP side, but that was mostly from rabid Federer haters.

pov
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Good comparison because of course Ivanovic is a dominant clay-courter like Nadal. I mean wtf??

Federer quit after the 2nd set. Djokovic played a much better match than he did.

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Don't be ridiculous.

The spin, the power, the way Nadal plays he is the best claycourter in history be serious peope, liking Ana is one thing but she wouldnīt be able to win a point the way she played. Roger didnīt play bad he just got outplayed. IMO final of menīs still much much much higher quality than womenīs. The Wta is in a transitional face especially with Henin gone on clay. There is no comparison, just none.

pov
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:00 PM
That's always the case with these threads so I don't know if the OP was just making a point or not. I've always maintained that male and female players shouldn't be compared in this fashion, the level is just different. Anybody with a bit of sense knows that to be a fact.:)

The level being different is irrelevant to what's being compared.

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:02 PM
The question isn't whether you prefer it or not. Many fans here champion women's tennis like it's better than the mens game quality wise when that's nothing but a complete lie. If you enjoy it more than men's tennis that's a personal choice but when you start making inaccurate comparisons then you sound delusional.:)

;)Your completely right.
Preference in quality is what I meant. However to compare womenīs quality to menīs espeially in this day and age is laughable.

Expat
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:03 PM
wouldnt this thread be more relevant if safina had played justine leave alone nadal

BuTtErFrEnA
it's amazing how people can talk about the quality of that match being high with nadal ripping winners and federer hitting out/wide/into the net every other ball....yet last year's AO final the same people said it was boring and it was low quality because serena just hit masha off the court :yawn:

pov

What should be noted is that you're entitled to your opinion, and everyone else is entitled to theirs.

The delusion is that your opinion is somehow more correct than anyone else's.

;)

Poova
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM
:spit: Some people in here are just proving the thread starter's entire point. :help:

kwilliams
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Did anyone see the match? Was it more that Federer sucked or that Nadal just played unbelievably?

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Did anyone see the match? Was it more that Federer sucked or that Nadal just played unbelievably?

both....

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I am sorry when I watch a match, its about the quality and not the amount of games won, and Federer might have just won 5 but the games were for the most part closer and regardless of all this I still found the match much more entertaining than the women´s, again thats just my opinon.

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:11 PM
The spin, the power, the way Nadal plays he is the best claycourter in history be serious peope, liking Ana is one thing but she wouldnīt be able to win a point the way she played. Roger didnīt play bad he just got outplayed. IMO final of menīs still much much much higher quality than womenīs. The Wta is in a transitional face especially with Henin gone on clay. There is no comparison, just none.

Honey,
no one but you and your allies dared to compare overall quality of male and female players. Granted, quality-wise mens tennis is a level above. Granted, quality-wise Federer and Nadal are MUCH better players than Ivanovic and Safina.
But in their retrospective finals Safina DID put bigger fight against Ivanovic than Federer did against Nadal. That's all we're saying: womens final was more competitive than mens' one.

On the side note, not only Federer played one of his worst matches in career today, he was just gutless on the court. Not taking anything away from Nadal whose brilliantly executed moonballs and courtspeed make him invincible on clay.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:11 PM
To be honest, seeing Nadal play on clay is one of the best sights in tennis. I enjoyed it much more than the ladies' final. Plus Nadal made like 8 unforced errors. That's a pretty awesome display of tennis right there!

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:12 PM
:confused: I don't see anyone suggesting that.
All we're saying is that the women's final was a far more interesting match than this year's men's final. When someone's dominating the women's tour, it's a sign as the lack of depth on tour, when someone's dominating the men's tour, it's just the brilliance of the man who's dominating. We've had some pretty one sided women's finals and people always used that to trash the women's tour in general. It's only fair that now that the roles are reversed, the men's tour gets trashed.

It doesn't have to be suggested because the sentiment is implied constantly on this board. You can argue that the women's final was more competitive than the men's but in terms of skill level the men are superior. As I stated before, Rafa is ten times better than Ana on Clay and any rational person would understand that fact.

I don't have a problem with someone from either tour dominating but ultimately when it comes skill level I prefer realistic opinions. In terms of consistency and accuracy the men simply are better players. In my opinion these finals shouldn't even be compared to each other.:)

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Federer ´sucked´ because Nadal played brilliant. Safina Sucked because she couldn´t rise to the occasion of the moment. Nadal in my opinion is the greatest clay court player in the history of the game and Federer is perhaps the best of all time.
Ana Ivanovic and Dinara Safina were competing for their first Grand slam and haven´t really proven themselves as the best and there is aso the factor that everybody knew if Henin was in Roland Garros playing 70 percent of what she is capable on that surface she would have won in straght sets and I am not saying that to take away from Ana´s win or performance which was more than worthy.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:22 PM
It doesn't have to be suggested because the sentiment is implied constantly on this board. You can argue that the women's final was more competitive than the men's but in terms of skill level the men are superior. As I stated before, Rafa is ten times better than Ana on Clay and any rational person would understand that fact.
I don't have a problem with someone from either tour dominating but ultimately when it comes skill level I prefer realistic opinions. In terms of consistency and accuracy the men simply are better players. In my opinion these finals shouldn't even be compared to each other.:)

that was never disputed...however they were not playing each other...

but that match wasn't even close to interesting...and i am one of Federer's and Nadal's biggest fans...Federer held how many times?? had how many game points?? had how many break points??? if rafa didn't hit a winner you could be guaranteed Fed made an error...and then you say women don't think on court but for the majority of that match Fed was stubborn and stayed faaarrrr behind the baseline and wouldn't come to net...you could build a frickin house in between the baseline and where fed stood...ana and safina showed more thinking then fed did today....overall the women's final was better than the men's...doesn't matter if the men are better players than the women...the point is, out of the RESPECTIVE FINALS...the women's final was way better

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Federer ´sucked´ because Nadal played brilliant. Safina Sucked because she couldn´t rise to the occasion of the moment. Nadal in my opinion is the greatest clay court player in the history of the game and Federer is perhaps the best of all time.
Ana Ivanovic and Dinara Safina were competing for their first Grand slam and haven´t really proven themselves as the best and there is aso the factor that everybody knew if Henin was in Roland Garros playing 70 percent of what she is capable on that surface she would have won in straght sets and I am not saying that to take away from Ana´s win or performance which was more than worthy.

partially true...federer made how many easy errors??? wouldn't come to the net??? (and when he did come to net he approached to the middle or missed an easy volley or was passed)... stayed how many light years behind the baseline?? come on now...fed didn't even play half of what he is capable of and that was partially due to nadal and for the most part due to just plain sucking...you say safina couldn't rise to the occassion, but neither could federer...

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Honey,
no one but you and your allies dared to compare overall quality of male and female players. Granted, quality-wise mens tennis is a level above. Granted, quality-wise Federer and Nadal are MUCH better players than Ivanovic and Safina.
But in their retrospective finals Safina DID put bigger fight against Ivanovic than Federer did against Nadal. That's all we're saying: womens final was more competitive than mens' one.

On the side note, not only Federer played one of his worst matches in career today, he was just gutless on the court. Not taking anything away from Nadal whose brilliantly executed moonballs and courtspeed make him invincible on clay.

Sweety;)

Thats just your opinion which is fine.
I have mine and I still prefer the menīs final, saw it in my eyes as the more entertaining one and feel that Safina gave more of a fight because of who she was playing, I doubt she would have taken more than a game or two from the Justine of 2007.

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Federer īsuckedī because Nadal played brilliant.

It very well could be the other way round: Nadal played brilliant because Federer sucked big time.

SharapovaFan16
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Watching Nadal carve out points on the clay was far more entertaining to me than watching the Ivanovic/Safina final. Guys game on the red stuff is a thing of beauty.

Wasn't the women's final full of nerves from both sides of the net anyways?

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Sweety;)

Thats just your opinion which is fine.
I have mine and I still prefer the menīs final, saw it in my eyes as the more entertaining one and feel that Safina gave more of a fight because of who she was playing, I doubt she would have taken more than a game or two from the Justine of 2007.

That's the difference between our points of view. You operate with "coudda shoudda woudda", I talk about what has ACTUALLY happened.

hayleytrotter
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I cried. :(

Then i watched the AO tape of ana and maria and i was happy again hahahaha. :) and tsonga :) ahhh.

hayleytrotter
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM
AND how sad did mirka look :(

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:35 PM
partially true...federer made how many easy errors??? wouldn't come to the net??? (and when he did come to net he approached to the middle or missed an easy volley or was passed)... stayed how many light years behind the baseline?? come on now...fed didn't even play half of what he is capable of and that was partially due to nadal and for the most part due to just plain sucking...you say safina couldn't rise to the occassion, but neither could federer...

What Federer gave is still enough to make the final, thats the quality he had all tournament long but he faced a Nadal who was simply at his best and thats the whole story. Nadal as about to beat Nole the same way but just lost concentration in the third, today he didnīt make that mistake. He is simply too good and in my opinion a Federer vS Nadal was more entertaining, more hard fought than the Ivanovic VS Safina match. It was just better. Its much much harder to make a winner against Nadal than Ivanovic and its much easier to make an error. Winning 5 games against the Nadal that played today was an accoplishment.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:37 PM
so when serena played that AO final last year and masha got 3 games was that boring or....

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:38 PM
That's the difference between our points of view. You operate with "coudda shoudda woudda", I talk about what has ACTUALLY happened.

Its funny thats what I was just about to type about you.
You have favouritism and I have rationality.;)

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:38 PM
so when serena played that AO final last year and masha got 3 games was that boring or....

That was amazing! Best final since Wimbledon 2005 (imo) just because of Serena's amazing performance. That was beautiful tennis!

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
The level being different is irrelevant to what's being compared.

Untrue. Skill level is relevant when comparing any ATP vs. WTA match. To do otherwise is distorting facts to bolster inaccurate analysis and biased opinions. You can repeatedly argue that in terms of competitiveness the women's final was better which may be true. However in terms of skill level the women aren't on par with the men which makes the comparison pretty much useless.:)

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
What Federer gave is still enough to make the final, thats the quality he had all tournament long but he faced a Nadal who was simply at his best and thats the whole story.

Another hypocrisy. On the WTA it is called a cakewalk draw.

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:42 PM

It was a great performace as well as Justine winning here last year. A great performance is a great performace and watching someone dominate in two really easy sets having played brilliantly is entertaining, watching someone in the zone is entertaining rather than watching and error filled two setter or three setter which might be closer contested.
But hey we all have our preferences.

cellophane
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Just close this thread already :rolleyes: And if men's tennis is so much better, go watch it...nobody is forcing you to enjoy error-ridden boring women's matches. :yawn:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM
where was the error filled match...i think federer made more errors that ana or safina did...

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Another hypocrisy. On the WTA it is called a cakewalk draw.

Once again your opinion. There were many great players in Roger´s draw they just happen to lose early. Fed would have beaten anyone besides Nole and Rafa.
Ana´s draw wasn´t much harder.

Haute
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I was about to say, so where's the argument now about men deserving more money because they spend more time on court?

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:48 PM
What should be noted is that you're entitled to your opinion, and everyone else is entitled to theirs.

The delusion is that your opinion is somehow more correct than anyone else's.

;)

I stand by my statement because while I'm a big supporter of women's tennis instead of being in denial about the level of the tour I prefer to seek the truth. I can't say I'm in love with the ATP or watch every match like I do with the WTA, but I appreciate good tennis overall.

The men may be boring personality wise but they play better tennis. And yes, you're delusional if you watch both tours play on a regular basis and think the women are on par with the men. I love the sisters and I have a few other favorite female players but that's just a fact.;)

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Just close this thread already :rolleyes: And if men's tennis is so much better, go watch it...nobody is forcing you to enjoy error-ridden boring women's matches. :yawn:

Thats just it, people getting offended for nothing just because someone has a different opinin its childish. I happen to enjoy menīs as much as womenīs just right now the menīs matches are more entertaining atleast at Roland Garros and womenīs tennis is still in a transitional phase.

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Once again your opinion. There were many great players in Rogerīs draw they just happen to lose early. Fed would have beaten anyone besides Nole and Rafa.
Anaīs draw wasnīt much harder.

Great players? Name me one great player in todays mens tennis beside the Top-3?

Btw, I don't think Ana's draw was harder.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I was about to say, so where's the argument now about men deserving more money because they spend more time on court?

indeed :lol:

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM

I do think women should earn as much as men but they should play 3 sets in grandslams as well. I mean Ana would have probably bageled Dinara in the third.

Max565
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
So is quality of men's matches better because of better skill or physical prowess?

tennnisfannn
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Hey I started this thread, so listen up guys, I did not intend to compare women vs men coz that is nt realistic, but in terms of the match being a contest and considering how some people wre already saying how wta sucks coz of last night's ladies final. the ladies' provided more of a match than the guys did. Every time Nadal wins a title even at the masters, he always throws himself to the goumd, this time he did not, the exhilaration was not there coz he won this match too easy. It is not like he beat Puerto or some other surprise finalist, he beat almighty federer. Even at his worst this should not have been the scoreline.

BuTtErFrEnA
I do think women should earn as much as men but they should play 3 sets in grandslams as well. I mean Ana would have probably bageled Dinara in the third.

good heavens then you would probably still say the men's final was higher quality because nadal dominated while safina choked...

harloo

Nadal was magnificent and as good as Federer is the match was out of his control. I can't stand Nadal but I have to give credit where it is due, by far he's the best clay courter of this generation.:lol: Total domination.

Haute
Jun 8th, 2008, 04:57 PM

She could have, but Nadal actually did it to Roger. :tape: :p

good heavens then you would probably still say the men's final was higher quality because nadal dominated while safina choked...

Choking is no worse than Roger being a complete headcase...

cellophane
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Thats just it, people getting offended for nothing just because someone has a different opinin its childish. I happen to enjoy menīs as much as womenīs just right now the menīs matches are more entertaining atleast at Roland Garros and womenīs tennis is still in a transitional phase.

I think what's childish is people constantly saying that a competitive women's final couldn't *possibly* come close to a thrashing in a men's final in which one player didn't show up.

And when people say men's tennis is better quality... what does that mean? Top men are better shot-makers? More well-rounded players? I think that's bullshit. Justine has all the shots in the book... The main reason she'd lose to a top 500 player on the men's tour isn't because she has inferior tennis skills. Comparing her to a top 500 men's player and saying she plays worse "quality" tennis is ridiculous.

bellascarlett
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Rafa :hearts: :worship:

I loved the bagel...! It's quite endearing the way Rafa was a bit apologetic about it...didn't even fall to the ground to celebrate. He actually didn't do any celebration it seemed.

Roger can win Wimbledon anyway. He'll get his revenge there.

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Great players? Name me one great player in todays mens tennis beside the Top-3?

Btw, I don't think Ana's draw was harder.

Ja:tape: top 3 is leagues above the top 3 in wta which is at its lowest point perhaps in history. Than in menīs you dont have a Bartoli in the top 10. I mean Serena and Venus play like 40 percent of what they are capable of and compete in 5 tournaments in 5 months and still are in the top 10. Menīs you have Roddick-hugest serve in history, you have davydenko, Ferrer, Nalbaldian who can beat the best when his head is straight on and the same cn be said about Gonzalez. There are the new guns Gasquet, Murray, Tsonga, Monfils, Youzhny,etc who are all different in their contrasts and styles of play as well as their personalities. You never know when one of them will break trough. Now there are also the older guns Safin, Ljubo, Robredo, Carlos Moya, Tommy Haas, Blake who at times and when not injured can suprise you.

How does this compare to the state of the WTA which is still struggling to find itself and its new identity, the chief of the WTA probably is willing to pimp out the girls to make a quick buck focusing on their butts and boobs instead of their quality of tennis.:help:

Infiniti2001
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Hey I started this thread, so listen up guys, I did not intend to compare women vs men coz that is nt realistic, but in terms of the match being a contest and considering how some people wre already saying how wta sucks coz of last night's ladies final. the ladies' provided more of a match than the guys did. Every time Nadal wins a title even at the masters, he always throws himself to the goumd, this time he did not, the exhilaration was not there coz he won this match too easy. It is not like he beat Puerto or some other surprise finalist, he beat almighty federer. Even at his worst this should not have been the scoreline.

I totally got what you were saying. Shame on those who changed the tone of the thread :o

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I totally got what you were saying. Shame on those who changed the tone of the thread :o

i dunno how it got to a ATP vs WTA quality thread...the OP is accurate...safina put up more fight and the women's final was better :shrug: what's so hard in admitting that

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:11 PM

I would still say because in the end of the day you have Nadal playing Federer and Ivanovic playing Safina with rather similar scorelines but quite a different level of quality. Had it been a Henin VS Williams with one at their best and the other just average and getting creamed than I would compare them. Safina had 28 unforced errors supposedly:confused: and Ivanovic 22 in a two set match.:help:

cellophane
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I don't see how a WTA match between say... Justine and Serena playing well couldn't be better quality than an ATP match. The fact that either wouldn't win a game on the men's tour doesn't mean the level of skill they are displaying is inferior. :shrug: I'd rather watch a woman with more skills than.... say Isner. :shrug: Isner will serve Justine off the court... but she has more skill.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I would still say because in the end of the day you have Nadal playing Federer and Ivanovic playing Safina with rather similar scorelines but quite a different level of quality. Had it been a Henin VS Williams with one at their best and the other just average and getting creamed than I would compare them. Safina had 28 unforced errors supposedly:confused: and Ivanovic 22 in a two set match.:help:

fed had 35 and still only won 4 games....

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I think what's childish is people constantly saying that a competitive women's final couldn't *possibly* come close to a thrashing in a men's final in which one player didn't show up.

And when people say men's tennis is better quality... what does that mean? Top men are better shot-makers? More well-rounded players? I think that's bullshit. Justine has all the shots in the book... The main reason she'd lose to a top 500 player on the men's tour isn't because she has inferior tennis skills. Comparing her to a top 500 men's player and saying she plays worse "quality" tennis is ridiculous.

I am not talking about a Henin or a Williams, I am talking about a Safina or Ivanovic and now a days most men play a more complete game. Women donīt play like Henin, atleast not most, most stay at the baseline and bash the hell out of the ball(one dimensional) and I am sorry have you seen some of the women on the tour, they are stronger than the men physically, look at Akgul, Olivier Rochus is like her baby son.:tape:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I am not talking about a Henin or a Williams, I am talking about a Safina or Ivanovic and now a days most men play a more complete game. Women donīt play like Henin, atleast not most, most stay at the baseline and bash the hell out of the ball(one dimensional) and I am sorry have you seen some of the women on the tour, they are stronger than the men physically, look at Akgul, Olivier Rochus is like her baby son.:tape:

that wasn't even necessary...

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:24 PM
that was never disputed...however they were not playing each other...

but that match wasn't even close to interesting...and i am one of Federer's and Nadal's biggest fans...Federer held how many times?? had how many game points?? had how many break points??? if rafa didn't hit a winner you could be guaranteed Fed made an error...and then you say women don't think on court but for the majority of that match Fed was stubborn and stayed faaarrrr behind the baseline and wouldn't come to net...you could build a frickin house in between the baseline and where fed stood...ana and safina showed more thinking then fed did today....overall the women's final was better than the men's...doesn't matter if the men are better players than the women...the point is, out of the RESPECTIVE FINALS...the women's final was way better

I've never said that women don't think on court. I'm sorry but you have me confused with someone else if that's what you got from my posts. The fact of the matter is that Federer couldn't do anything in this match against Nadal. He tried EVERYTHING. He stayed on the baseline, came to the net numerous times to only be passed, tried to change pace on the ball, and each time Nadal had an answer. That has nothing to do with his thinking on court, he was just outplayed today by an opponent who was on fire.

Safina didn't face a player of Nadal's caliber. Even if she faced Justine who is considered the best clay court player on the womens side she still would of had a chance to win. Federer had no chance here because of his opponent. So you and others can keep arguing that the women's final was better but I still maintain that the comparison is unfair.:)

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I don't see how a WTA match between say... Justine and Serena playing well couldn't be better quality than an ATP match. The fact that either wouldn't win a game on the men's tour doesn't mean the level of skill they are displaying is inferior. :shrug: I'd rather watch a woman with more skills than.... say Isner. :shrug: Isner will serve Justine off the court... but she has more skill.

Thats the thing get it, its not a menīs vs womenīs persay its a Safina and Ivanovic Vs a Federer and Nadal and thats just uncomparable.
Another thing Henin is retired and the Williams are playing at like 40 percent most of the time and Maria sucks on clay.
Who is there left?
Any serve volleyers, any other styles besides hitting the ball hard and hitting the ball harder.:rolleyes: There probably is but since womenīs tennis is at a transitional phase those players havent surfaced yet. Ana did win a slam but she is not at a level that past champions were in at their time, she has the talent but has not gotten there and Safina has great fighting spirit I will say that but.......

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Ja:tape: top 3 is leagues above the top 3 in wta which is at its lowest point perhaps in history. Than in menīs you dont have a Bartoli in the top 10. I mean Serena and Venus play like 40 percent of what they are capable of and compete in 5 tournaments in 5 months and still are in the top 10. Menīs you have Roddick-hugest serve in history, you have davydenko, Ferrer, Nalbaldian who can beat the best when his head is straight on and the same cn be said about Gonzalez. There are the new guns Gasquet, Murray, Tsonga, Monfils, Youzhny,etc who are all different in their contrasts and styles of play as well as their personalities. You never know when one of them will break trough. Now there are also the older guns Safin, Ljubo, Robredo, Carlos Moya, Tommy Haas, Blake who at times and when not injured can suprise you.

How does this compare to the state of the WTA which is still struggling to find itself and its new identity, the chief of the WTA probably is willing to pimp out the girls to make a quick buck focusing on their butts and boobs instead of their quality of tennis.:help:

Davydenko? -- One-dimensional fixer. Male version of Chakevtadze. Except Chakvetadze isn't bald and has never been caught fixing her macthes.
Roddick? -- One-dimensional BH-less server. Kind of male version of Vaidisova. Except Vaidisova can actually hit decent backhand.
Ferrer? -- Grinder. The male version of Dementieva when Lena plays her brainless tennis.
Murray? -- Human backboard. Male version of Jankovic. Except Jankovic is not THAT much of a bitch on court.
Tsonga? -- Complete headcase. Male version of Safina. Except Safina has actually backed up her surprising Slam final with one decent tournament win.
Youzhny? -- Always-to-be-injured. Male version of Golovin.

yes, due to their supeior physiscal abilities they all can play faster tennis and hit harder than women and thus produce tennis of higher quality -- but that's it.

Safin, Moya, Haas? -- all finished for two years already.
Ljubicic aka 3 times past 3rd round at Slams in 40 attempts? -- never even started.
Robredo aka Boredo? -- you must be kidding.
Blake aka Flake? -- yeah, right.

I give you Nalbandian -- indeed, a player of great potential with every shot in the book but unbelievable choker.

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:28 PM
fed had 35 and still only won 4 games....

but played 3 sets, 4 or 5 more games wich is not a big difference and once again he played a Nadal.

As for Ana I do think she has a great future and she can get at that level but I donīt think she is there just yet.

Haute
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM
but played 3 sets, 4 or 5 more games wich is not a big difference and once again he played a Nadal.

As for Ana I do think she has a great future and she can get at that level but I donīt think she is there just yet.

Doesn't matter if he's playing Nadal, Roger should be making 35 errors and winning only 4 games against anyone on any surface. Considering that many people are calling both the greatest players of our time, the final should have amounted to much more than what it was.

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM
that wasn't even necessary...

Its not making fun of the girl its just a fact, look at the height.:tape: I mean he would have to stand up on a stool.
Point is now a days women arent much shorter or weaker.
Look at Guga he was a skeleton at his best.

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I've never said that women don't think on court. I'm sorry but you have me confused with someone else if that's what you got from my posts. The fact of the matter is that Federer couldn't do anything in this match against Nadal. He tried EVERYTHING. He stayed on the baseline, came to the net numerous times to only be passed, tried to change pace on the ball, and each time Nadal had an answer. That has nothing to do with his thinking on court, he was just outplayed today by an opponent who was on fire.

Safina didn't face a player of Nadal's caliber. Even if she faced Justine who is considered the best clay court player on the womens side she still would of had a chance to win. Federer had no chance here because of his opponent. So you and others can keep arguing that the women's final was better but I still maintain that the comparison is unfair.:)

Couldnīt have said it better myself:bounce::worship:

Dodoboy.
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:34 PM

Good point!

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:34 PM

who on either tour is of nadal's cailbre on clay :weirdo: that's like asking anyone to beat Fed or Sampras at their best on grass...

federer stayed like 10 feet behind the baseline and sometimes tried to outhit nadal from the back of the court...then he either approached the net going down the middle of the court (straight to nadal-hence why he was passed- how brilliant is that) or he missed the easy volley or missed the approach...that has nothing to do with nadal that has everything to do with federer playing crap...you would think roddick or sharapova taught him how to play at the net the way he played there...i love both players but come on...to say federer couldn't do anything today was not true...the few tactics that work for him against nadal on clay he refused to employ and spent 90% of the match behind the baseline...had that been the women everyone would cry how poor it was and that it wasn't thinking by the losing player...when jh or masha or the sisters blows someone off the court its a boring final...when rafa plays well (taking nothing away obviouly) but federer plays one of the most piss poor matches by him all around....everyone praises it as brilliant...

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Davydenko? -- One-dimensional fixer. Male version of Chakevtadze. Except Chakvetadze isn't bald and has never been caught fixing her macthes.
Roddick? -- One-dimensional BH-less server. Kind of male version of Vaidisova. Except Vaidisova can actually hit decent backhand.
Ferrer? -- Grinder. The male version of Dementieva when Lena plays her brainless tennis.
Murray? -- Human backboard. Male version of Jankovic. Except Jankovic is not THAT much of a bitch on court.
Tsonga? -- Complete headcase. Male version of Safina. Except Safina has actually backed up her surprising Slam final with one decent tournament win.

yes, due to their supeior physiscal abilities they all can play faster tennis and hit harder than women and thus produce tennis of higher quality -- but that's it.

Safin, Moya, Haas? -- all finished for two years already.
Ljubicic aka 3 times past 3rd round at Slams in 40 attempts? -- never even started.
Robredo aka Boredo? -- you must be kidding.
Blake aka Flake? -- yeah, right.

I give you Nalbandian -- indeed, a player of great potential with every shot in the book but unbelievable choker.

:tape::tape:
Your funny I will give you that, in no way I mean no way can those comparisons hold up its just laughable, you go and say that to a professional and they will laugh in your face. Why you think Sabatini, Pierce, Vicario where all sitting at a menīs final why werent they watching that great final between the female version of Tsonga, Tsonga who doesnīt resemble Dinaraīs game at all VS Ivanovic.
And Moya and HAAS were top 20 last year, Tommy top 10 till he got injured and Safin might be a headcase but he has more talent in his pinky than his sister.

Dodoboy.
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I am still ecstatic Serena is the only active player with a career grand slam :drive:

A champion doesn't get bagelled in a SLAM FINAL.

Of course mens matches are of a higher quality, why are harloo and gorgo getting so defensive.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Doesn't matter if he's playing Nadal, Roger should be making 35 errors and winning only 4 games against anyone on any surface. Considering that many people are calling both the greatest players of our time, the final should have amounted to much more than what it was.

:worship::worship: the crowd at one point was silent, even cheering federer winning a point...how often does that happen??????....then federer shanked a fh and they were about to boo...how many times does THAT happen?????? everyone in the crowd could see it was NOT by any stretch of the imagination, a good match....hence why nadal didn't even drop to his back after tying Borg's record...the crowd didn't roar when he won...it just wasn't a good match...

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:41 PM
They have in the past but today one was incredible t his best and the other was mediocre but that is still 100 times better than Ana or Dinara played.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:44 PM
They have in the past but today one was incredible t his best and the other was mediocre but that is still 100 times better than Ana or Dinara played.

if it is why do you watch such poor quality then?? :confused:

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Your funny I will give you that, in no way I mean no way can those comparisons hold up its just laughable, you go and say that to a professional and they will laugh in your face. Why you think Sabatini, Pierce, Vicario where all sitting at a menīs final why werent they watching that great final between the female version of Tsonga, Tsonga who doesnīt resemble Dinaraīs game at all VS Ivanovic.
And Moya and HAAS were top 20 last year, Tommy top 10 till he got injured and Safin might be a headcase but he has more talent in his pinky than his sister.

they were there all week and did watch both finals...on TV they showed mary pierce in a commentators box being interviewed by the french commentators...the others were there and my commentators wondered why most of them were wearing blazers (RG tradition i dunno)...

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Ok, I understand you now. Apparently, you and others want to cherry pick what to discuss when it comes to comparing ATP and WTA matches. When someone else points out that the skill level of men and women are different all of the sudden it's, "we aren't denying that". Well, if you aren't denying it then why create this comparison thread in the first place? I don't understand the rationale.

I enjoyed the women's final along with many other fans, where are all the threads of fans putting it down? I don't see them.:confused:

Sefo
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Safina won 37%
Roger won 18%
of total games played.

So yes, the womens final was better.
Fed is unrecognizable right now. He needed to say "C'est moi" at the end. :haha:

AnnaK_4ever
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:49 PM

Now it's obvious you didn't even watch womens final. Pierce, Sanchez and others were present at Chatrier on Saturday.

P.S.
don't take those comparisons too seriously. I just try to point out outside the big three there is no one with exceptional tennis skills. Their only advantage over women is their genes.

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:50 PM
:worship::worship: the crowd at one point was silent, even cheering federer winning a point...how often does that happen??????....then federer shanked a fh and they were about to boo...how many times does THAT happen?????? everyone in the crowd could see it was NOT by any stretch of the imagination, a good match....hence why nadal didn't even drop to his back after tying Borg's record...the crowd didn't roar when he won...it just wasn't a good match...

Nadal didnīt drop because he did beat the hell out of Roger today and he respects him as a player and a person atleast it seems that way but the point still is a mediocre performance by Federer is still a level aboce Ivanovic or Dinara, I am sorry thats my perspective thats how I see it and I feel it. I have studied and played this game for years and I love it with a passion. I am entitled to my opinion and I am not asking anyone to agree with me. We all have our different perspectives, what has been said here is mostly opinion and rarely fact.
So thats it, just we can agree to disagree.
I love Womenīs tennis, I love menīs tennis, I love this game and I have my perspectives.

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:51 PM
if it is why do you watch such poor quality then?? :confused:

Because I love th game no matter who plays and Ana andDinara have great potential.

BuTtErFrEnA
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:52 PM
what about the crowd??? the average fan's perspective??

cellophane
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:57 PM

How is Federer make errors (yes, he was playing Nadal on clay at his best, but still) more high-quality thanAna and Dinara making winners even if they are perhaps nowhere near the level of a Serena / Henin at their best:scratch:

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Now it's obvious you didn't even watch womens final. Pierce, Sanchez and others were present at Chatrier on Saturday.

P.S.
don't take those comparisons too seriously. I just try to point out outside the big three there is no one with exceptional tennis skills. Their only advantage over women is their genes.

Sorry the female players you mentioned are much more one dimensional, men´s tennis at this moment has more diversity, more serve and volley, more slices, more spins, different varieties. The quality is just not comparable, I just don´t see it I am sorry. Men´s tennis has so much Talent right now, just waiting for Gasquet and a few others to jump to the top as well:worship: It will be something even more special.

And as for the Pierce and Sanchez present I guess I lost interance and zoomed out for a bit.

We can agree to disagree, no hard feelings.

Women´s tennis for me needs some more time to regroup.

homogenius
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I didn't know that this Federer guy was a student from Columbia...until I saw this match.

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:02 PM
How is Federer make errors more high-quality than Ana making winners, even against Safina? :scratch:

Safina and Ivanovic made 50 errors in between both, which is not that great for a two setter. The winners Nadal and Federer made were just something special uncomparable to any point I saw during the ladiesīs final. Its much easier making an error against Nadal especially when he only makes 8 himself.

cellophane
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Safina and Ivanovic made 50 errors in between both, which is not that great for a two setter. The winners Nadal and Federer made were just something special uncomparable to any point I saw during the ladies´s final. Its much easier making an error against Nadal especially when he only makes 8 himself.

Not that great... but they had winners as well. No matter how much easier it is to make an error against Nadal, I don't see how a match where only one player is playing great (and the other one isn't... because I'm pretty sure Federer can do better than this on clay against Nadal?) could be considered higher quality?

As far as winners... I think it's very subjective... I think Ana hit some spectacular winners in the match.

Slutati
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Ivanović is no Nadal.

harloo
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:12 PM
who on either tour is of nadal's cailbre on clay :weirdo: that's like asking anyone to beat Fed or Sampras at their best on grass...

federer stayed like 10 feet behind the baseline and sometimes tried to outhit nadal from the back of the court...then he either approached the net going down the middle of the court (straight to nadal-hence why he was passed- how brilliant is that) or he missed the easy volley or missed the approach...that has nothing to do with nadal that has everything to do with federer playing crap...you would think roddick or sharapova taught him how to play at the net the way he played there...i love both players but come on...to say federer couldn't do anything today was not true...the few tactics that work for him against nadal on clay he refused to employ and spent 90% of the match behind the baseline...had that been the women everyone would cry how poor it was and that it wasn't thinking by the losing player...when jh or masha or the sisters blows someone off the court its a boring final...when rafa plays well (taking nothing away obviouly) but federer plays one of the most piss poor matches by him all around....everyone praises it as brilliant...

:rolleyes:I said it once and I'll say it again: THERE WAS NOTHING FEDERER COULD DO IN THIS MATCH. When any player has a dominating performance like Nadal's you have some people who like to make excuses. Federer was simply outclassed the entire match and this is coming from someone who follows their match-ups religiously and is biased in favor of Federer.

When Maria, Justine, or the sisters are too good on a day I throw my hat off to them. Even if I don't like certain players I have to give credit where it's due. :)

!Gio!
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:17 PM
All please I feel like I am on the debate team, almost everyone makes valid points based on their views. Lets just agree to disagree because I am hungry and I need to eat and than get my ass to work, if only they payed me to debate on tennis, life aint fair!!! HAH

bellascarlett
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:21 PM

:lol:

fouc
Jun 8th, 2008, 06:34 PM
well, my opinions on men's final?
i really hoped to have this one day free from tennis and RG, so i decided not to watch it and instead get my ass up to eat somethin' outside. my friend recommended me a new mexican restaurant, so i got there after an hour of searching and guess what i found. notification: 'Sorry, we are closed till June 18, cause at the moment we are in Paris, serving food for tennis players at Roland Garros'... and the story takes place in Krakow, Poland.
Don't they have their French cuisine or sth? :(

yeah, i went back home and watched the match- painful.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Federer :haha: :haha: :haha:

What a gutless mug he is

Pureracket
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I can't believe the men get paid the same as the women. What the hell was that final all about?!

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jun 8th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Rafito , the best claycourter ever

All hail the KING :worship:

OrdinaryfoolisNJ
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Honey,

This part of your comment speaks for me also. No one can argue against the men being stronger, faster, and often play a cleaner less error filled game.

But in this case, that preference is neither here nor there, the fact is that the Ivanovic match was a bit more competitive than the Nadal v Fed match.

That said. I could NOT believe how well Nadal was playing as he dispatched of Novak and then Roger. He proved himself head and shoulders against the pack ON CLAY at this moment in time. I didn't believe that Roger had a chance going into the final after watching Nadal in the semis.

I sure have enjoyed watching Nadal work his magic during this FO -- even in the blowouts. I also liked how Monfils put on a great show. I've also enjoyed Safina make some unbelievable come backs, plus that all Serb ladies semi.

Both sexes have given fans some great moments during FO 08.

-VSR-
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Nadal was brilliant. Excellent clay court tennis. Federer couldn't do much that day.

I didn't watch the women's final. :shrug:

delicatecutter
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:44 PM
What happened to the no posting about men's tennis in this forum? No fan of women's tennis would have made some of the comments made in this thread and I'm really not sure why it's here. :tape:

sharapovarulz1
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Nice one Rafa played like a true champ :D

sharapovarulz1
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:45 PM
No fan of women's tennis would have made some of the comments made in this thread :tape:

What do you mean by that?

homogenius
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Honey,

I agree.

LCS
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Of course she did.

:lol: