PDA

View Full Version : Why couldn't MARAT SAFIN be bothered to support his little sister?

treufreund
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I really sometimes wonder if he is self-centered or jealous because he is struggling. Even Dinara said publicly that she wishes he had been there. I feel bad for her. She always supported him as the little sister. Why couldn't he do the same? Why go practice on grass immediately since he hates grass? A flight to paris is a short trip! Step it up, Marat and show your sister some support.:mad:

Wiggly
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah, it was clear Dinara wanted him to watch her.

He hates grass and he goes to London to prepare for grass. Something is wrong.

Paul.be
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:12 PM
A commentator on the Belgian TV said that when Dinara was asked about Marat watching the final it would only make her more nervous.

treufreund
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:20 PM
he could have lurked in the background. she is covering for him :tape:

Serenita
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:22 PM
who cares? she's doing fine without sexy marat. she don't need him to support her. she is strong enough to do it herself.

Escape
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Well Marat is playing Queens so I guess he want's to prepare for that :shrug:
And of course enjoy the women in London :lol:

Expat
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:29 PM
he feared he might jinx her ???
after all we have so many jinx threads on tennisforum and members have nothing to gain or lose if any wta player does well and we still get all jumpy about jinx threads

celebrity
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:29 PM
It would have been great for Marat to support Dinara in RG...But it is useless to discuss it now. There were probably reasons why he left for London so soon ...

Kart
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Maybe he couldn't afford the air fare.

Escape
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Maybe he couldn't afford the air fare.

He could always use Eurostar :p

Kart
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:39 PM
^ Good point.

It's not much cheaper though is it ?

Maybe he couldn't afford that either.

Wannabeknowitall
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I doubt that.
When Safin won the Australian open in 2005, a month later he was after Safina to do the same or at least play up to her ability.

He had some choice words with her and although it didn't consistently light the fire under Safina, I feel it helped her.

He has his career going down the drain. I'm sure he would like one more good shot at a slam.

Oswald56
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:51 PM
I don't recall Safina sitting in his supporters box when he was playing finals, maybe she was but I don't recall it. Maybe they just don't choose to visibly support each other this way.

tequila
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Marat's got the hots for Ana and wanted Ana to win. He didn't want Dinara to see him rooting for Ana. ;)

scoobsuk
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:58 PM
I'm sure he's just trying to focus on his career just now and sent her all the support and good wishes he could.

Frankly, she's doing a lot better than he is right now so he needs to concentrate on getting his own game in order.

Maybe Marat can do something more this year than just complain about the pasta.

danieln1
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Because he knew that Ana would win! :lol:

LightWarrior
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:02 AM
who cares? she's doing fine without sexy marat. she don't need him to support her. she is strong enough to do it herself.

You must be a robot since you don't know the don't/doesn't. And strong enough ????
Yeah, total shame he didn't show up. Mayve he was drinking beers or fucking. So much more fulfilling.

Trina
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I'm sure he's just trying to focus on his career just now and sent her all the support and good wishes he could.

Frankly, she's doing a lot better than he is right now so he needs to concentrate on getting his own game in order.

Maybe Marat can do something more this year than just complain about the pasta.

Well said - this is about the only sane response to this thread!

treufreund
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Look, it's not that big of a deal. I don't hate Marat or anything. But the idea that he cannot take a few hours to watch her match because he needs to focus on his own career is really not logical at all.

Dave.
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Did Dinara go to see Marat's finals?