PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic current Career Check-Point (achivments with Open Era comparations)

Cp6uja
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Here is biggest so far achivments of Ana Ivanovic in comparation with others Open Era WTA players.

Ana Ivanovic is 20 years and 6 months old girl from Serbia and she already reach one grand slam title in three GS finals which played so far - except this season, she played RG final last season and final of previous GS in Australia. Also Ana reach 3 tier-1 titles so far, and of course she already reach career high WTA#1 (next week)...

Here is list of all WTA players of Open Era which reach similar achivments
before theirs 21st birthdays:

WTA#1 (before 21)
Chris Evert
Steffi Graf
Monica Seles
Martina Hingis
Serena Williams
Kim Clijsters
Maria Sharapova
Ana Ivanovic

1st Slam Title (before 21)
Chris Evert
Tracy Austin
Hana Mandlíkova
Steffi Graf
Gabriela Sabatini
Arantxa Sanchez Vicario
Monica Seles
Mary Pierce
Martina Hingis
Iva Majoli
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Maria Sharapova
Svetlana Kuznetsova
Ana Ivanovic

2 Slam finals or more in the row (before 21)
Martina Navratilova
Chris Evert
Hana Mandlíkova
Steffi Graf
Monica Seles
Martina Hingis
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Kim Clijsters
Maria Sharapova
Ana Ivanovic

2 finals (year by year) at same slam (before 21)
Chris Evert
Steffi Graf
Monica Seles
Martina Hingis
Serena Williams
Maria Sharapova
Ana Ivanovic

3 or more slam finals overall (before 21)
Chris Evert
Hana Mandlíkova
Steffi Graf
Arantxa Sanchez Vicario
Monica Seles
Martina Hingis
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Kim Clijsters
Maria Sharapova
Ana Ivanovic

3 or more tier-I Titles (before 21)
Steffi Graf
Gabriela Sabatini
Monica Seles
Martina Hingis
Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Justine Henin
Maria Sharapova
Ana Ivanovic

Ivanovic is obviously on good way on this 20yo Career Check-Point... and also i must to send one message to Ana "haters" - thinks twice next time before call her overrated :wavey:

hayleytrotter
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:40 PM
yay! Maria and Ana!! :)

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Cool stats! Hoping Ana could achieve more in the future! :)

hankqq
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Great stats-she's on her way to becoming one of the greats of the game.

Dodoboy.
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:51 PM
That is impressivE!

In good company :)

Slutati
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:54 PM
OMG, nobody's dissing Cp6uja's stats anymore:lol::rolls:

Cp6uja, these stats suck! Ana is overrated:devil:

Nah, just kidding. Good for her, I guess:shrug:

Mileen
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Kim should be in the list of WTA #1 before 21. She was 20 and 2 months when she became #1.
Your stats are not valid and just ramdom, since centered around Ana.
Justine was 21 and a few days when she got her first slam, she played when she was still 20, her birthday is in June, so?
Kim was only 2 years on tour when she reached her first GS Final. So was Justine, 2 years and a few months.

DOUBLEFIST
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:34 PM
yay! Maria and Ana!! :)

Yay, Venus and Serena Williams! ;)

DownTheLine21
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Kim should be in the list of WTA #1 before 21. She was 20 and 2 months when she became #1.
Justine was 21 and a few days when she got her first slam, she played when she was still 20, her birthday is in June, so?
Kim was only 2 years on tour when she reached her first GS Final. So was Justine, 2 years and a few months.

Well, of course they are. This thread is directed at her accomplishments, and the company that she's in as an achiever of them.

Cp6uja
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Kim was only 2 years on tour when she reached her first GS Final. So was Justine, 2 years and a few months.I add Kim now.
BTW original 1st list which i create is WTA#1 with slam title (before 21), but than i make decission to present both WTA#1 and slam winners separetly (but forget to ADD Kim on WTA#1 list like only "slamless" #1 before ages of 21). That is reason for this mistake, not some conspiracy.

Also it's not my fault if some player reach some of this achivments just couple days after 21st birthday... Ana is right now 20 years and 6 months old - so i give 6 months extra bonus for all others Open Era stars which is enough fair. Before her 21st birthday Ana will play Wimbledon, USO, Olympics and couple of tier-I so she will maybe even more improve her achivments in terms of slam finals or big titles...

And at end of course that thread with this title is Ivanovic related. Like i say in oppening post i look at Ana career best achivments so far and research how many other Open Era players have same or better achivments so far.

Sean.
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I hope there is a great rivally between Ana and Maria in the coming years

Bruno71
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:24 PM
I add Kim now.
BTW original 1st list which i create is WTA#1 with slam title (before 21), but than i make decission to present both WTA#1 and slam winners separetly (but forget to ADD Kim on WTA#1 list like only "slamless" #1 before ages of 21). That is reason for this mistake, not some conspiracy.

Also it's not my fault if some player reach some of this achivments just couple days after 21st birthday... Ana is right now 20 years and 6 months old - so i give 6 months extra bonus for all others Open Era stars which is enough fair. Before her 21st birthday Ana will play Wimbledon, USO, Olympics and couple of tier-I so she will maybe even more improve her achivments in terms of slam finals or big titles...

And at end of course that thread with this title is Ivanovic related. Like i say in oppening post i look at Ana career best achivments so far and research how many other Open Era players have same or better achivments so far.

Congratulations to the first 6 foot + woman to win Roland Garros :)

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Ivanovic >>>> Evert and Nadal together on the red mud

Vincey!
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I like to see Maria's name at all her achievment :lol:...Maria's better overall than Ana, but I'm really happy that Ana finally got the GS title, she's having great sucess and she's absolutely not overrated:yeah:

Cp6uja
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Congratulations to the first 6 foot + woman to win Roland Garros :)Yes... i write about that month ago when try to explain that even in WTA tour surface is important factor and give example of 185+ "Big-Girls" powerhiters like Venus, Lindsay, Maria which reach several Wimbledon, USO and AO titles but never at RG clay and i also try to explain why Ana will be maybe 1st exception of this "Giant curse at clay" rule.

BTW if Ana lose today - Safina will be also tallest RG winner ever (182 cm) and only 180+ French Open champion in history (before Ana and Dinara - Venus, Dementieva and Hanika also reach finals like 180+ womans, but lose).

But this is not imposible count like "achivment" despite fact that is realy much more impresive reach RG red clay title with 185cm (6'1) height than like 20yo girl!

Cakeisgood
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Maria and Ana will have great futures bitchily killing each other.

Dave.
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Good stats- Ana is doing well. :D She has been improving so quickly and has reached so many milestones in the past year (first T1, top 10, first slam final, top 5, first slam title, no.1 etc.), I don't know what she can do next! She is right at the top now :worship:

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:50 AM
:) awesome!

RenaSlam.
Jun 8th, 2008, 01:09 AM
Ajde to all those great champions.

spencercarlos
Jun 8th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Great stats, but please add Sabatini to the list of 1st Slam Title (before 21)

Cp6uja
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Nothing strange that Maria is on all this lists. She is only 6 month older than Ana and reach her first grand slam title when Ana is still out of TOP200 and also reach WTA#1 more than 20 months before Ana reach TOP10! And look today, we have rivarly now! Not because Maria stagnation (she is better and better) - it's because Ana Ivanovic officialy most improved WTA Player in 2005 and 2007 and like we all see she again improve this 2008 season.

Except Maria, on all of this lists with Ana is only Evert, Graf, Seles, Hingis and Serena which is fantastic sign about Ana future if she continue her career in this direction. Of course, Ana current results is still is not from the same league like this 6 multiple slam winners before theirs 21st birthday - but fact is that thankfull to her new improvments Ana probably already have TOP10 Under21 career in Open Era 5 months before her 21 birthday, despite fact that her Under20 career is not even TOP20 in comparation with all others Under20 careers cases from Open Era.

tequila
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Ana can win 2 more slams before 21. And she can join another group Graf, Seles, Hingis, Sharapova, as players who've won 3 slams before 21.

iamme
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:47 PM
yes, she improved a lot! in 2004 when Maria won Wimbledon Ana was the runner up in the girls' final :D

morbidangle
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Mary Pierce won her first slam before her 21st birthday as well.

Cp6uja
Jun 8th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Mary Pierce won her first slam before her 21st birthday as well.Thanks :wavey:
I'm forget to add Sabatini on that list and when i yesterday edit OP b/c that i also changed order of players (by chronology) and obviously deleted her name accidentally.

Direwolf
Jun 8th, 2008, 07:19 PM
wheres the number of titles before 21? number of finals before 21?
numbers against top ten players before 21?

pls