PDA

View Full Version : I believe Justine will come back soon.

JustinTimberlake
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
From the way she watched the French Open final,
she still can see the hope that she is able to get the Grand Slam championship.
I believe she will be back soon, after her injury gets recovered.

Destiny
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:50 PM
if it makes you feel better then yes she will come back

I believe she will!!

mboyle
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I think so too. Rash decisions usually don't last long. But Borg tried to come back after his "retirement" and never won anything else...

markdelaney
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:18 PM
it depends how long she stays out. Her physique and style means she has to be 100%. It might also depend on who she sees winning slams. I think Hingis only came back to try and get the French after seeing Myskina win !

Mileen
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:22 PM
How I wish this to be true.
I still don't agree with her choice and think she made a mistake. She should just have taken a break at the start of the year, like Carlos wanted, for 3,5 months and come back at Miami, and she wouldn't have retired :mad: :fiery::sad: Then, her sister could have come more often to tournies with her, she could have found a new balance in her life, and wouldn't have had to made such a drastic decision.

Paul.be
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Fat chance!

thrust
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Perhaps at the Olympics, for Belgium? If she did and performed well there, she could play the USO. Thereafter, play a very limited schedule. She doesn^t need ranking points to do well in most tournaments.

pigam
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I really really don't think so.

scoobsuk
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I really really don't think so.
Neither do I.

Perversely, seeing her at RG to hand over the title made me more certain of this.

If it was painful, it it was raw and if she had lingering doubts, I get the feeling she would have stayed away. The fact that she was able to arrive and present the trophy suggests to me that she's already moved forward from being an active tennis player to being post-tennis.

-VSR-
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:17 PM
She will not come back. There is something going on behind the scenes.

Paul.be
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:18 PM
She will not come back. There is something going on behind the scenes.
Yep, she's going back to school. (Not a joke)

pigam
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:21 PM
she has just moved on.
If I understood the article in my today newspaper well, I think she already started studying again.

she just left, just like her big idol Steffi. It's over. It's very sad in one way, but gracefull and kinda cool in another...

Kart
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Justine's a razor sharp tack.

She wouldn't have announced a retirement only to come back a short time later.

I do feel sorry for her fans but we all have to deal with these kind of things eventually.

pigam
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:37 PM
damn, I almost feel sick about seeing her there.
It's like it almost just "hit me" now. Fuck I miss her! :(

shap_half
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:32 PM
I'm always going to hope that she'll come back. It's obviously just wishful thinking, but I will continue to hold on to that.
Oh God, Justine.

MaBaker
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I don't think she will, but i truly hope so.

flyingmachine
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I don't think she will, but i truly hope so.
That's what I'm thinking too.

Smackie
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Yep, she's going back to school. (Not a joke)

I keep imagining her turning up at her school tennis courts. Oh boy, how scared would those kids be - at the same time how lucky would they be!

I should think about returning to school..

Noctis
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:28 PM
she wont.she lost her passion,get over it like me

kinglear
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I think she'll come back too. It was especially weird because Justine was the woman who beat Ana in last year's final. Plus, Justine had just won the Year End Championships and the U.S. Open. All of these factors make her retirement seem like a joke. And just imagine, Ana has the No.1 ranking mainly because Justine retired. :)

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:49 PM
fat chance in hell.

Martian Jeza
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:01 AM
No thx

VRee_Willario
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:25 AM
I think it would be quite "embarrasing" for her to come back. She was so convinced and sure she will retire for good and she had that very emotional press conference. i don't think she will come back even if she would regret retiring a bit.

Mana
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I felt sick watching Justine hand over the trophy to Ana today, and I'm not even a fan. If she does come back it wont be before next year.

Pasta-Na
Jun 8th, 2008, 01:41 AM
she said she will never come back :o

miss_molik
Jun 8th, 2008, 01:56 AM
I really wish that she would, but i don't think she will. She sounded so sure about it, and she said she wouldn't go back on her decision, so i don't think she will.