PDA

View Full Version : Why so many hate?

Vaidisova Ruled
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Hi!
I often read in the GM but I would like you to tell me why you really really don't like a player.
For exemple, why do you dislike Ana? She seems nice. Is this just because she shouts sometimes "ajde" or "come on"? I it because she beat your favorite players?
thanks

cheo23
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
All the Maria fans are jealous of her beauty and SUCCESS in roland garros!!!

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:56 PM
To some Maria fans, she's a threat because she might replace Maria as the "IT" girl.

To some Jelena fans, she's achieving better than her (ala Justine-Kim rivalry).

To the others... I have no freaking idea. Maybe they are just annoyed.

Vaidisova Ruled
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:57 PM

To Maria fans, she's a threat because she might replace Maria as the "IT" girl.

Well, not for every one
Maria is my #1, then Nicole and Ana.

pov
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I wonder what you mean by "dislike?" My take is - She's a WTA player, I'm not a fan of hers, I think she's a good but not great player and I think there are many players more physically attractive than she is. That's it. She deserves all due credit for winning RG and for moving her way up to #1.

sharapovarulz1
Everybody hates each other's fave in GM thats how the cookie crumbles you just have to roll with it!
I don't actually hate Ana infact I think she is a lovely, beautiful and probably intelligent girl, but little things about her annoy me like little things about my best friend annoy me it's just on here we can express it! :)

Mikey.

To Jelena fans, she's achieving better than her (ala Justine-Kim rivalry).

ooo Double whammy for me. :sobbing: Good thing I actually like Ana :)

I think other fans are just pissed that their fave didn't win it this yr.

hankqq
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

eck
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Because I wanted Dinara to win oh so badly.

I mean, I'm not an Ana hater, not yet anyways, but yeah, I thought it would have been awesome to see Dinara win.

Marshmallow
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM

To Jelena fans, she's achieving better than her (ala Justine-Kim rivalry).

:speakles: I have to agree.

I can understand people find Ana annoying, but some of it has been really irrational, saying that her fist pumps are imitating Maria and are FORCED... yet they overlook she's a nervous girl trying to find a way to stay positive, to fight and to win. But I think ZERO is right about Jelena and Maria fans. Jelena fans will probably be out if full force, now that Jelena is FIRMLY in Ana's shadow. She has EVERYTHING to achieve.

Personally, I hate no players. I just tell the truth as I see it, but I'm really one of the few fair ones. :D

cheo23
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:01 PM

I can understand people find Ana annoying, but some of it has been really irrational, saying that her fist pumps are imitating Maria and are FORCED... yet they overlook she's a nervous girl trying to find a way to stay positive, to fight and to win. But I think ZERO is right about Jelena and Maria fans. Jelena fans will probably be out if full force, now that Jelena is FIRMLY in Ana's shadow. She has EVERYTHING to achieve.

Personally, I hate no players. I just tell the truth as I see it, but I'm really one of the few fair ones. :D

:hug:

pov
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:01 PM

I guess you didn't notice that the person who started this thread is a Sharapova fan. Has it crossed your mind that there are lots of people who are fans of both?

RenaSlam.
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:02 PM
The New "It" Girl.

StarDuvallGrant
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Last time it seemed her shoes bothered people :lol: I think she's a great personality and comes off as nice and content at what she does. She hasn't said anything bad about Serena so I'm cool with her :yeah:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
I guess you didn't notice that the person who started this thread is a Sharapova fan. Has it crossed your mind that there are lots of people who are fans of both?

I didn't mean "all" Maria fans. Maybe I should reword that. ;)

InsideOut.
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:06 PM
I can understand people find Ana annoying, but some of it has been really irrational, saying that her fist pumps are imitating Maria and are FORCED... yet they overlook she's a nervous girl trying to find a way to stay positive, to fight and to win.

So true...Ana isn't naturally mentally strong the way Maria and Serena are, she has to train it and her fistpumps help her to find a way to win.

Matt01
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:07 PM

Yeah, unlike all the other unfair posters here on WTA World....haha

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Well, not for every one
Maria is my #1, then Nicole and Ana.

I reworded my post - putting in the word "some" ;)

RenaSlam.
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Jealousy me thinks.

Mashafaaaaan
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:16 PM
:o

Vaidisova Ruled
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Totally
I mean Sharapova, and Ana (and Nicole) have similar games (great forehand and huge serve) so it isn't that weird that some people like both. It's just that I feel some of you guys want us to hate your favorite player. It's hard to explain but the way you write ( like "Ana is so good, she will kicks Masha's ass bla bla" ) create in us a new feeling: hate (even if that is a big word).

I think that if some people dislike your fave is just because you talk so bad about our favorite player and thus, we are led to "hate" you and as a consequence your favorite player.

I think about all the rivalry Maria-Williams sisters.
I never had anything against them, even when Maria lost 16 26 to Serena (@Ao 2007 Final). But the way serena's fans talked increase this "hate" feeling in us, Maria's fans.
I have anything agaisnt serena, if there is some hate here is just because of you and because the way you talk I'm not saying that you can't say anything wrong about our favorite player, if it is constructive

Poova
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Hate comes with success. ;)

partbrit
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I don't hate Ivanovic. Why would I hate someone I don't know? But she is my least favorite player because her mannerisms really annoy me, and because I perceive them as both not genuine, and a stretch to appear "feminine" at all costs. Add to that her suspiciously OTT homophobia, and she's just a player I prefer to not see. But I like her tennis very much and have a lot of good things to say about it.

iPatty
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I don't hate Ivanovic. Why would I hate someone I don't know? But she is my least favorite player because her mannerisms really annoy me, and because I perceive them as both not genuine, and a stretch to appear "feminine" at all costs. Add to that her suspiciously OTT homophobia, and she's just a player I prefer to not see. But I like her tennis very much and have a lot of good things to say about it.

I agree on all counts. :)
I find her fake and obnoxious, but we have all answered this question many times. Use the search function, thanks.

SharapovaFan16
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I don't hate Ivanovic she just isn't a player that I choose to root for. I don't agree with the way she acts sometimes on the court, but with that being said those who don't like my fav Maria probably feel the same way. It's just some players appease to people more so than others. That's a part of sports. It wouldn't be any fun if we all liked the same player.

People have to understand that it's in our DNA or atleast most people's DNA that we always love to see the ones on top fall to the bottom. Don't ask me why, but if you think about it it's true. It really is cruel and unusual but so many people get a "hard on" from that stuff.

hayleytrotter
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Well, im gonna avoid this ana maria drama as i love them both, but ill tell you this

i dont like certian players because of various reasons. different things apply to different people, please dont make assumptions!

examples include:

1. They can seem like sore losers, or have a lack of sportsmanship
2. some players just seem rude - to the crowd,
3. some players act like divas, think they are better than others.
4. cant admit defeat
5. may have an overrated game etc etc.

again, im just trying to answer the question here - each person will like/dislike different players. so please dont jump on me for this post! :)

Dexter
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Guess what nothing is going to spoil Ana fans joy! :banana:

pov
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Totally
I mean Sharapova, and Ana (and Nicole) have similar games (great forehand and huge serve) so it isn't that weird that some people like both. It's just that I feel some of you guys want us to hate your favorite player. It's hard to explain but the way you write ( like "Ana is so good, she will kicks Masha's ass bla bla" ) create in us a new feeling: hate (even if that is a big word).

I think that if some people dislike your fave is just because you talk so bad about our favorite player and thus, we are led to "hate" you and as a consequence your favorite player.

I think about all the rivalry Maria-Williams sisters.
I never had anything against them, even when Maria lost 16 26 to Serena (@Ao 2007 Final). But the way serena's fans talked increase this "hate" feeling in us, Maria's fans.
I have anything agaisnt serena, if there is some hate here is just because of you and because the way you talk I'm not saying that you can't say anything wrong about our favorite player, if it is constructive

You're absolutely correct. I'd never felt anything nearly negative about any WTA player before I started participating in this board.

sunset
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:11 PM
ooo Double whammy for me. :sobbing: Good thing I actually like Ana :)

I think other fans are just pissed that their fave didn't win it this yr.

You hit the nail right on the head. Ana is the most beautiful player in the world and she has beaten down the Williams sisters along with the the top player in the world.
It all boils down the new kid on the block, powerful, sexy and beautiful. :lol:

Polikarpov
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:11 PM
This forum won't survive without hate. Sometimes it can be fun too. Haha.

Uranium
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM
You hit the nail right on the head. Ana is the most beautiful player in the world and she has beaten down the Williams sisters along with the the top player in the world.
It all boils down the new kid on the block, powerful, sexy and beautiful. :lol:

this is the reason why the main poster probably said this!
Ana has NEVER beaten Serena!!! Beating Venmus 7-6 6-4 is not beating down.
learn facts idiot:o

And really you shouldn't be commenting on hate when you hate the Williams Sisters and voice it well and clear here in Gm:o

dybbuk
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:14 PM

Oh God, you're never going to let that go, are you? :haha: One awkward response you think was homophobic = OTT homophobia. :sobbing:

danieln1
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Jealous because she is beautiful and talented, just like Maria...

Destiny
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Hate makes the forum stay alive get over it :o

twight6
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:40 PM
My thoughts on Ana: I'm not a fan of hers.. but I'm also "not a fan" of every top 10 player right now. It's just my preference, I like Lindsay, Nicole, Mauresmo, Safina I didn't mind Justine. I'm fans of some players, not fans of others.

But when you say "dislike," for me I really start to "dislike" her when I see how she acts on the court, with the "adje's" and "fist pumps." I mean, they're okay, but every single point whether it be a double fault from her opponent or an ace. But, that doesn't mean I become an Ana hate her. Just for that match, when she's acting what I consider annoying, that's when I "dislike" her. Next match though, my thoughts might be completely different.

Same for Serena. When she does something I don't approve of in a match, like screaming and pumping her fist in her opponents faces (not saying she does it all the time, but I've seen it) or after a match when she says that she was playing at 0% and her opponent wouldn't have had a shot had she even been at 5%. That's when I start to dislike Serena... but again, I don't hold it against her. It changes from match to match, my opinion of her. I was rooting for her at the '05 Aus Open but this year's French I was rooting hard against her to lose.

I guess I might be different than other people here, though... I don't become "haters" of players, I have different opinions of each players at all the different tournaments. Yes, I might remember something so-and-so did back and so-and-so a tournament at such-and-such a time and be upset about it, but if they're playing better and deserve to win that match then I'm all for them!

So yeah, a lot of people, I think me included, are upset with Ana right now because of the fist pumping and what not, but that doesn't make us haters. I know that going into the next tournament I'll watch with intent to see how she plays!

partbrit
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I guess I might be different than other people here, though... I don't become "haters" of players, I have different opinions of each players at all the different tournaments. Yes, I might remember something so-and-so did back and so-and-so a tournament at such-and-such a time and be upset about it, but if they're playing better and deserve to win that match then I'm all for them!

Careful...you're making way too much sense ;)

Danči Dementia
There is so many hate because she is beautiful, she is the new number one, she is a nice girl, she is getting very good contracts sponsoships, people are interested in her because of her tennis and her looks...and after today its going to be even more...people that hates her its just jealous of Ana´s greatnes..............move over Maria and everydoby else here comes the new tennis princess....Miss Ivanovic......

y se la pelan

twight6
Well, im gonna avoid this ana maria drama as i love them both, but ill tell you this

i dont like certian players because of various reasons. different things apply to different people, please dont make assumptions!

examples include:

1. They can seem like sore losers, or have a lack of sportsmanship
2. some players just seem rude - to the crowd,
3. some players act like divas, think they are better than others.
4. cant admit defeat
5. may have an overrated game etc etc.

again, im just trying to answer the question here - each person will like/dislike different players. so please dont jump on me for this post! :)

Yeah, see, that's sort of what I was saying. When people commit actions like you listed, I might hold a grudge against them for a while, but it doesn't mean I hate them. If they play well and desreve to win, I can admit that. Just like with Ana, I said it myself as soon and Serena and Venus (even before that) were out that Ana was playing the best, and would win and deserve it. Like I said above, I'm not a "fan", but I'm not a hater, and she definitely desreved to win today. Even if I was annoyed, she deserves a grand slam title :clap2: But that doesn't mena I'm going to root for her or rejoice ;)

Gio
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:49 PM

No hateful person has ever become a friend of mine. It is very negative personal characteristic.

It does not take a great person to be a hater but it does take a great person to be somebody like you