PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying report Day 1

spiceboy
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:41 PM
*Medina Garrigues withdraws, Lepchenko moves to MD, Jovanovic takes her place in Q and has bye in 1st round same as Eva FB. They'll play each other tomorrow in 2nd round.

*Brengle def. Rehberger Bescos 64 60: One of the best matches of the day, great rallies in the first set, too bad Irene couldn't keep that form in the second set.

*Thorpe def. García Vidagany 1/1 ret.: Bea broke her ligament of her left knee (found that later) and had to be taken away from court in a wheelchair while crying big time :tears: :hug:

*Maes def. Kottutz 60 60: I haven't seen Brie play but I'm sure Carolin would lose against her. She's a 1,55m chubby, redhair big-boobed girl but kinda cute looking a bit like Lindsay Lohan and was wearing that Sharapova RG 2007 dress (black and electric blue) and making like 10-15 df in 6 service games..and then she hit an ace :lol: She basically couldn't keep the ball on court and when for once she did she would think she's Serena and would hit her next shot so hard it would go straight to the fence :tape: Something really pathetic to watch, honestly :help:

*Ivanova def. Priska 60 60: Katya (who was playing later Wii tennis with Compostizo in the players lounge) had to do very little to overcome the poor rich Priska. Not anywhere as bad as Kottutz, she couldn't do anything against Katya's solid game. (And that's what I'm afraid of, Katya's game is very solid but apart from that she'd need to develop it and make it more agressive to get to the top 100)

*Chvojkova was leading Anderson by 62 (got that result from the screen while having lunch in the players lounge) but saw nothing of it.

*Gabarrús Alonso def. Solsona Carcasona 76 64: Boooooring :tape:

*Wienerova def. Abougeib Selo 63 62 or 63 (didn't see the end): Good quality match, much closer than the scores indicates with Farah displaying one handed backhand just like Carla. I wonder when she will explode...Lenka took her chances when it mattered.

*Costas Moreira def. Hlavackova 57 62 60: Leticia is improving and getting a bit more agressive but to be honest Andrea played a very poor match. I just saw she lost vs Schaefer 60 61 last week in Italy. She's in a truly huge slump :help:

*Bou Nogueiro def. Lefevre 62 61: If only Rebeca would play always like that she'd be top 100 in no time. Lefevre is a veteran with good shots but her fitness and movement need A LOT of work.

*Miguel Ivern def. Bratchikova 62 63: Following her results I knew she could comfortably win $25Ks and easily lose in $10K qualies she had to play when entering late. Today Nina played like crap and Ana, a local girl (has been training all her life in the hosting club) had nothing to do but wait for the ue coming :help: I expect Alina winning tomorrow 61 61 or something like that.

*Kondratieva def. Muguruza 75 60: A new star is born. I had heard good things about Garbiñe but I would never expect this 14 year old to hold 5 set points against an experienced top 250 player like Kondriateva. Garbiñe led 4/1 with awesome winners and was being very calm (even when losing 5/0 in the second) Too bad Kondratieva started moonballing (yeah, a Russian moonballing a Spaniard :haha:) and the young girl lost her momentum. You never know with these young girls but I could see today she will be something. She's like 1,75m already and looks really mature, it reminded me of Ivanovic the first time she played this tournament (in 2003 when it was a $10K and lost the final vs Marta Fraga) with big groundstrokes, so young and well built already. And then, she's quite pretty too :hearts: That is her last year as a 13 yo

http://tenisbase.com/img16/F16821.jpg

http://tenisbase.com/img16/F16822.jpg

http://tenisbase.com/img17/F17009.jpg

*Melnikova def. Andlovic 75 60: One of the best matches of the day, just like the Brengle vs Rehberger, both girls were hitting the ball so hard and they were amongst the top 5 girls playing in qualifying today. Such a shame they had to draw each other. I expected Kristina to win easily. I knew she had won a $10K in Sweden last week and Melnikova was playing (and losing easily) on hardcourts yesterday in Portugal against Campos Molina. So after that easy loss, switching to clay and all the travelling I didn't expect too much from her. But I was wrong...she was hitting winners from everywhere and findind great angles. Kristina has an amazing game and looks like a really nice girl. Strange things happen, but I can see Melnikova easily defeating Kondriateva tomorrow...but then, old journeywoman Kondriateva may find a way to deal with Marina's power, That should be interesting.

*Almost everywhere has arrived already, Peer was training with Mamic (she IS tall and skinny!) and obssesed with her cellular, Molik was looking good, Sprem was relaxing in the penthouse of the players lounge (that has to be the coolest players lounge I've ever seen, players got several internet points, several flat screens to follow the scores, a couple of massive tv plasmas- Safina/Ivanovic was on- Ana Paula Neffa was going crazy with the tennis Wii, a permanent hot&cold buffet, two waiters full time for the players, comfortable sofas, and the stairs would take you to the penthouse where you can see the two main courts and relax in the sun loungers, no wonder this is one of the poshest clubs in BCN..the girls have full acces to the spa, swimming pools and gym also :drool:), Kirilenko was just wandering around (Van Harpen was telling Kanepi she should do like her and watch the final with them and maybe she would learn something :lol:) and overall a pretty good day of tennis :worship:

PS. Maes you have been ACED by Kottutz :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Adrian.
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
:worship:
:help::o@Kottuz

Michael!
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Kottuz and Priska :cuckoo:
They should stop to try it...

FORZA SARITA
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Beatriz:hug:

Kevin.
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
any pics of Kottuz and Priska??
what was Maes' reaction to the ace?

spiceboy
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:28 PM
any pics of Kottuz and Priska??
what was Maes' reaction to the ace?

No pics, sorry. Kottuz is truly a joke with that Sharapova dress and her (no) game. Priska is actually a hot girl, tall, blonde and beautiful. Her game is bad but she (somehow) can place (sometimes) the ball on court.

Maes looks as nice as boring. Kottutz was out there thinking she was Ivanisevic looking so desperate for an ace and doublefaulting a zillion times on its way. She eventually got it and Maes didn't react. I guess Carolin felt soooo good about aceing in a WTA event :worship:

IMPOSSIBLE
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Any photos of Andlovic

spiceboy
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:34 PM
No pics at all, but she was wearing a boring 90's outfit by the brand Perla...is that a Swedish brand? :tape:

tobi
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Thanx Emilio enjoy the week and keep reports coming :wavey:

shrOOf
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:29 PM
:haha: Priska and Kottutz. Hilarious.

Mana
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Awesome reports :worship: Keep them coming :) Thanks for keeping an eye out on Katya's match :lick:

RR-87
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:20 PM

TheBoiledEgg
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Nina :rolleyes: pathetic loss

spiceboy
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Nina :rolleyes: pathetic loss

Truly pathetic :o

At least her good friend Neuza was there to comfort her ;)

spiceboy
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks for keeping an eye out on Katya's match :lick:

No problem :angel:

Always a joy to watch Katya's play as she's definetely one of the nicest and friendliest players around :worship: Plus she was so cute playing Wii tennis :hearts: :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Hi:wavey:. T hanks for your reports and pics:cool:. Any pics of Lilia practicing or match play would be very appreciated. Thanks :kiss::bounce:

rated_next
Jun 8th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Beatriz :bigcry: :sad:

Arthus
Jun 9th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Great report, thanks

vesanto
Jun 9th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Truly pathetic :o

At least her good friend Neuza was there to comfort her ;)

Well, today it was Neuza that needed the confort...she is also a bit in a slump right now..cannot qualify to tournaments where she is 2nd or 3rd in the qualifying list...

If you got any pictures of Neuza and the report of her matches, I would be very thankful!