PDA

View Full Version : Tatiana Golovin withdraws from Birmingham

Dav.
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:50 PM
It must be impossible for her to try to stay positive with constant injuries always brining her down, particularly when she's playing well. :sad:

Since she got injured in her first round match in Australia, Tati has withdrawn from:
Paris (OGdF)-Defending QF
Antwerp-Defending SF
Fed Cup
Indian Wells-Defedning QF
Miami
Amelia Island-Defending Champion
Charleston-Defending QF
Rome
Strasbourg
Roland Garros
Birmingham

Rumor is she's going to withdraw from Eastbourne and Wimbledon as well.

Tatis's tried mini-comebacks between these tournaments but each time realized she had come back to soon, plus she had surgery after Memphis. She hasn't had a healthy clay/grass court season since her debut in 2004, when she was 16.

It's a sad story of wasted potential. :sad:

Mikey.
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Tati :sobbing: What is exactly wrong with her again? Was it a back injury?

sharapovarulz1
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Awww no Tati, was really looking forward to seeing her at Birmingham! Hope she recovers soon and properly :)

Nikkiri
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Saw her in the crowd and it reminded me how much i miss her. Nooo :sobbing:

yukon145
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:51 PM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Slutati
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Whatever! it's her boyfriend's fault I tell you:rolleyes: Nicole and Tati are so smart:hearts:
I'm so pissed right now:fiery:

runner
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM
You all forget...EURO 2008 started today. Chances are Tati wants to spend more time in Switzerland supporting France and Samir in June...no time for Birmingham or Eastbourne or Wimbledon....:devil: :D

ASP0315
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:21 PM
get well soon tati

LucasArg
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Get better soon Tatiana :hug:

Dav.
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:06 AM
She's officially out of Eastbourne now as well. :sad:

LudwigDvorak
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Pretty incredible she got to #11/#12 with the limited results she's had due to injuries.

Get well soon. :hug:

Slutati
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Tatiana withdrawing from events:scratch: That can't be... Shocker:eek:

switz
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:24 AM
such a shame. there is no sense in coming back to quickly though because she never plays well with no preparation and she is just likely to get injured again. She should just forget grass and focus on getting healthy for the US hardcourt season. She only has points to defend from the Canadian Open i believe so there's a chance to pick up some points. Lord knows she needs to be in form heading into the indoor season or her ranking will not be pretty. Either way she can look to next year knowing there's nothing to defend.

Optima
Jun 10th, 2008, 01:42 AM
She needs to work more on not being injured. Maybe her fitness routine is screwed up?

Lucas_Arg
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Maybe she just has to end her year and then make a thunderous 2009 comeback.

Emina.
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:37 AM
:sad:get well soon Tati :hug:

Mateo Mathieu
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Maybe she just has to end her year and then make a thunderous 2009 comeback.
That's probably wise decision if she do that.

Julian
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Get well soon Tati!

Wtatennis212
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:58 AM
she had such a great finish to last year. She probably would have done great so far.

Harju.
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Expected really.

I just hope she gets to play decent at Olympic because she was robbed of playing 4 years ago.

FrenchY52
Jun 10th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Don't eat too much chocolate in Switzerland, Tati :p
I hope she comes back 100% and doesn't get injured anymore this year :sad:

Shvedbarilescu
Jun 10th, 2008, 12:12 PM
That is a real shame. I don't really know what is going on with Tati right now. The one thing that alarms me is that she did briefly comeback a few weeks ago for a challenger and at the German Open. She didn't do great but she was able to compete. In my mind the only way for Tati to get back to form is by playing matches 100% or not.

So what has happened. Has the injury gotten worse? If it does that is very bad and worrying news.

Or is Tati not going to play until she feels 100%? It that is the case I think she is making a mistake. Providing playing won't make her injury worse, she should be out there, the best way to regain form is in a match situation.

I am pretty dubious about how much point there is playing Wimbledon this year at this rate. :sad:

FrenchY52
Jun 10th, 2008, 04:20 PM
That is a real shame. I don't really know what is going on with Tati right now. The one thing that alarms me is that she did briefly comeback a few weeks ago for a challenger and at the German Open. She didn't do great but she was able to compete. In my mind the only way for Tati to get back to form is by playing matches 100% or not.

So what has happened. Has the injury gotten worse? If it does that is very bad and worrying news.

Or is Tati not going to play until she feels 100%? It that is the case I think she is making a mistake. Providing playing won't make her injury worse, she should be out there, the best way to regain form is in a match situation.

I am pretty dubious about how much point there is playing Wimbledon this year at this rate. :sad:

Tati in Berlin :
http://www.golovin-attitude.com/gallery/albums/2008/berlin/tatianagolovin_ga_berlin05.jpg

When she came back her scars were still painful, so she couldn't serve well. Then in Berlin her back got injured, and then she got very tired because she hadn't recovered completely from surgery, and hadn't do anything physical for weeks and weeks.. So I don't see the point in playing to do this kind of showup :shrug: