PDA

View Full Version : The new life of Ana Ivanovic begins now.

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Finally a GS title, new #1 in the world, the new face Rolex.... more titles and endorsements to come soon...

The new life of Ana Ivanovic, the 2008 FO Champion, hereby begins... now.

Well done Ana... well done! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

n.sad
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I agree, good luck ana :)

Anabelcroft
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:03 PM
And plus 10$ from Yonex for beeing number 1!

ce
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:04 PM
10 bucks :confused:

Serena-rules-no1
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Finally a GS title, new #1 in the world, the new face Rolex.... more titles and endorsements to come soon...

why dont you write it in your blog?

morningglory
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:06 PM
yup... deja vu ;)

SAEKeithSerena
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:06 PM
an era has started. this woman will win more slams than maria sharapova. mark my words.

Dodoboy.
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:08 PM
What was her Grand Slam bonus :scratch:

Daniel
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:10 PM
What was her Grand Slam bonus :scratch:
mmmm a million dollars.:o

Dodoboy.
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:11 PM
She has conquered Roland Garros.

To be honest she can win AO, Wimby and USO in the coming years with the competition getting weaker.

Tennis90
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Ana really did it!!!I`m so happy....
new era is about to begin.....

Nikkiri
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Ana :sobbing:

Costanza
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:18 PM
10 bucks :confused:

10.000.000US$:drool:

danieln1
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, now it´s up to her and Sharapova to dominate the tour, since the two of them can play well in all surfaces!

Tennis Fool
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Will she get the Sharapova SI cover treatment? Probably not.

Reuchlin
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Her win is nowhere near what Sharapova's Wimbledon was.

doni1212
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:43 PM
an era has started. this woman will win more slams than maria sharapova. mark my words.

:worship::worship::worship:

Let the haters be out in full force, :lol:

bellascarlett
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM
:worship::worship::worship:

INSECURE....:lol:

Let the haters be out in full force, :lol:

:tape: @ calling others haters...wow...

Sean.
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:07 PM
How much does Ana get from her Yonex contract for being #1?

lilimi
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:18 PM
i think ana will stay the same. moreover, i think Ana and her management team are more focused on "developping" her image in Europe rather than in the US. so she won't die if she's not on SI cover:o she is european after all.
anyways tennis is what most matters.

lilimi
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM

IMO if sharapova hadn't win wimbledon, she wouldn't have so many sponsors, whereas ana got big ones before winning her first slam. that means ana has better marketing image. she's not obliged to become a model though :o
as i said before, tennis is the most important. i don't care if she has millions or not.

spiritedenergy
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:23 PM
INSECURE....:lol:

:tape: @ calling others haters...wow...

i feel for you now. It must be hard:hug:

pov
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM
:haha: If they both stay healthy that's unlikely - at age 20 Sharapova already had 3 slam titles. Not to mention that Ivanovic still can't beat Sharapova on hard courts.

That said - the thread is about Ivanovic but you raised the topic.

HeninFan_2008
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:33 PM
The haters will shrivel and die. Ana is the new #1. :worship:

Marco Fernandes
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM

:lol:

The last time you said that was when you said Maria was going to win the French this year and you said "mark my words" too... :rolleyes:

Marco Fernandes
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Maria and Ana are both the same age .

Maria holds 3 grand slam trophies.
Ana holds 1...

Maria leads their head-to-head 4-3. And ana is yet to stole a set from Maria on hard courts...

spiritedenergy
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Ana holds 1...

Maria leads their head-to-head 4-3. And ana is yet to stole a set from Maria on hard courts...

I'm sorry. Ana is n.1 in the world with 2 slams finals and 1 GS in 2008. Maria is soon to be n.3. From next year on there will be a mandatory event on clay, Madrid. So you ought to play good on clay to be n.1:)

Costanza
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:47 PM
How much does Ana get from her Yonex contract for being #1?

10.000.0000$

HeninFan_2008
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Ana will make 2x more then Shrieky in endorsements!

spiritedenergy
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:50 PM
10.000.0000$

10 millions or 100 millions?

sharapovarulz1
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:53 PM
10.000.0000$

Pathetic :help: Giving all that money just for a sponsor when there are people starving makes me sick its the same in any sport I suppose though :rolleyes:

hankqq
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:53 PM

Ana holds 1...

actually the h2h is 3-2 Sharapova. I think we need to see them play more often. Ana will be brimming with confidence now that she's #1 and a slam champ, so I think she'll start to beat Maria more often.

hablo
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I wonder how many more sponsorship deals she will get ?

NBC was trying to warm up to Ivanovic but they were nowhere as excited as when Sharpie plays.

Must be because she's not blonde or something ... :o

cheo23
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Pathetic :help: Giving all that money just for a sponsor when there are people starving makes me sick its the same in any sport I suppose though :rolleyes:

Why don't you tell Sharapova to SPREAD HER WEALTH first!!!!

RenaSlam.
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:59 PM
The New "It" Girl has arrived.

Adal
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Ivanovic is just a different story. She wouldn't get many sponsors now just because she won a GS after a few tries and became #1.
She was already well-known before that slam because she was already a top player with a few big tournaments won and grand slam finals reached.
Maria wasn't that kind of a big deal before Wimbledon 2004. She didn't have big titles, wasn't in the top 10. So there were a lot of sponsors just because she suddenly became a top player.
I'm sure Ivanovic will be getting more and more sponsors and will promote wta off-court, but I think it will take some time before we can actually say that she has replaced Maria Sharapova.

Steff_forever
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:24 PM
hope she keeps chasing Steff's footprints - the 1st step is done Ana, keep going !

Fidello
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Pathetic :help: Giving all that money just for a sponsor when there are people starving makes me sick its the same in any sport I suppose though :rolleyes::cuckoo: Amazing hypocrisy

Poova
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM
OMG why does Maria have to be brought into every fucking thread about Ana.

:weirdo:

Mashafaaaaan
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:35 PM
actually the h2h is 3-2 Sharapova. I think we need to see them play more often. Ana will be brimming with confidence now that she's #1 and a slam champ, so I think she'll start to beat Maria more often.

On clay, you mean:lol:

goldfinch
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Fantastic win today by Ana, and she will gain many thousands of new fans. "Zivio"

sunset
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM

I agree 100%. Ana is the best thing that happened to women’s tennis since Steffi Graff.
Apart from her skill on the court she is so beautiful and a joy to watch. Good luck Ana we here in America stand behind you with pride and joy. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

SharapovaFan16
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM
OMG why does Maria have to be brought into every fucking thread about Ana.

:weirdo:

I agree did a Pova fan even bring her name up. I don't think so, but not 100%. People just trying to bait others into saying things. Congrats to Ana on RG, but I don't know if I would call it a "new life". It's nice she won her first slam, but her real life doesn't start until she backs that GS title up with another one and actually beats a top player in the process (JJ doesn't count). I'm not hating because she can't control who won the matches these 2 weeks, but when she takes out some of the big dogs in route to a GS then her "new life" begins.

Vaidisova Ruled
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Ivanovic is just a different story. She wouldn't get many sponsors now just because she won a GS after a few tries and became #1.
She was already well-known before that slam because she was already a top player with a few big tournaments won and grand slam finals reached.
Maria wasn't that kind of a big deal before Wimbledon 2004. She didn't have big titles, wasn't in the top 10. So there were a lot of sponsors just because she suddenly became a top player.
I'm sure Ivanovic will be getting more and more sponsors and will promote wta off-court, but I think it will take some time before we can actually say that she has replaced Maria Sharapova.
TRUE :worship:
I wanted to say that

spiritedenergy
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I agree did a Pova fan even bring her name up. I don't think so, but not 100%. People just trying to bait others into saying things. Congrats to Ana on RG, but I don't know if I would call it a "new life". It's nice she won her first slam, but her real life doesn't start until she backs that GS title up with another one and actually beats a top player in the process (JJ doesn't count). I'm not hating because she can't control who won the matches these 2 weeks, but when she takes out some of the big dogs in route to a GS then her "new life" begins.

yeah sure after she wins her 5th slam her life will still have to begin:weirdo:

Get It ToGheTer otherWiSe you'Re goiNg tO hEll WiTh the HomOseXuaL pEoPle!:tape:

Ksenia.
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Damnit stop this Ana/Maria comparison. They are two different people living two different lifes. People who claim to have brains should understand that.

SharapovaFan16
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:46 PM
yeah sure after she wins her 5th slam her life will still have to begin:weirdo:

Get It ToGheTer otherWiSe you'Re goiNg tO hEll WiTh the HomOseXuaL pEoPle!:tape:

Let's wait for her to win her 2nd before we crown the girl is all I'm saying. Look what happened to Maria after she won Wimbledon. She had a slam drought. One is just the start, but she is going to have to back that up, and I don't mean on clay.

doni1212
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Let's wait for her to win her 2nd before we crown the girl is all I'm saying. Look what happened to Maria after she won Wimbledon. She had a slam drought. One is just the start, but she is going to have to back that up, and I don't mean on clay.

So, Nadals wins aren't valid because he only won on clay?! :weirdo:

sasha&tennis
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I agree. Ana's beauty was noticed long before she even won a slam. She even beat Maria in 2006 as the sexiest tennis player on the tour and that was when Maria had commercials on every second. Maria at that time reminded them of a Kournikova type (though kournikova really is pretty) and that is why she received so many endorsement deals. Not to mention the fact that she beat Serena Williams in the final of Wimbledon 2004. But Ana has true rare beauty not just a made image. That is why she will be bigger than Maria Sharapova can ever imagine.

beriadan
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I don't get why everyone is saying that Ana is the new "IT" girl. I mean, the crown didn't exactly go gaga over her today when she won, and I actually thought they cheered more for Dinara during the trophy presentation.

spiritedenergy
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I agree. Ana's beauty was noticed long before she even won a slam. She even beat Maria in 2006 as the sexiest tennis player on the tour and that was when Maria had commercials on every second. Maria at that time reminded them of a Kournikova type (though kournikova really is pretty) and that is why she received so many endorsement deals. Not to mention the fact that she beat Serena Williams in the final of Wimbledon 2004. But Ana has true rare beauty not just a made image. That is why she will be bigger than Maria Sharapova can ever imagine.

SharapovaFan16
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:53 PM
So, Nadals wins aren't valid because he only won on clay?! :weirdo:

Nadals a different player and he is completely dominant on clay. Do you expect Ana to win 4 in a row? Not to mention she doesn't have a Roger Federer on the women's side of things. Nadal still needs to win a GS on another surface though to truly cement himself as one of the greats, and it would be even better if he beat R Fed doing it. Until then he is just known as Mr. Clay Court which isn't a bad thing by any means but I'm sure he'll eventually want to trade one of those RG titles in for Wimbledon.

sasha&tennis
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I don't get why everyone is saying that Ana is the new "IT" girl. I mean, the crown didn't exactly go gaga over her today when she won, and I actually thought they cheered more for Dinara during the trophy presentation.
They didn't go gaga over Maria either when she played Dinara as a matter of a fact they booed Maria. But that is what the French are known for, cheering for the underdog.

okayawesome21
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:57 PM

seriously...sharapova got a four year head start on all these sponsors and things, so itll take a while for ivanovic to catch up. i mean, ivanovic already got recognized for making the french open final last year, then she made the ao final this year (along with sharapova) to get sponsors to start talking about her, and now that she won a gs (and become number 1 in the world), im sure the sponsors will start coming in. but like i said, sharapova is very popular here in the states, so ivanovic has a lot of catching up to do if people really think she can become more popular than sharapova.

pov
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM
But Ana has true rare beauty not just a made image.
:haha: :haha:
I always say there are few truer sayings than "it's in the eye of the beholder." That said, that someone decides that what to me is a plain, very average-looking woman has "true rare beauty" does amaze me. But yeah that's how you see it. Cool.

JadeFox
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:01 PM

I agree. Comparing the paths Maria and Ana took to their first Slams is ridiculous. Maria was the huge underdog in her Wimbledon final against Serena whereas Ana was the favorite against Safina.

I'm pretty much sick of the comparisons to be honest. They are both great champions who have plenty of time in their careers to add more titles to their shelves.

Mashafaaaaan
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:02 PM
seriously...sharapova got a four year head start on all these sponsors and things, so itll take a while for ivanovic to catch up. i mean, ivanovic already got recognized for making the french open final last year, then she made the ao final this year (along with sharapova) to get sponsors to start talking about her, and now that she won a gs (and become number 1 in the world), im sure the sponsors will start coming in. but like i said, sharapova is very popular here in the states, so ivanovic has a lot of catching up to do if people really think she can become more popular than sharapova.

Exactly, beside she's too European to be so popular in the USA :rolleyes:

homogenius
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:08 PM

Why ?

RenaSlam.
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
One word: Ajde.

JadeFox
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:12 PM

I noticed that as well. Where were the Serbian fans? They were loud as hell at the Australian Open, and were so loud at Indian Wells that even Ana had to apologize for their loudness.

You Serbs are slacking!:p:lol:

SharapovaFan16
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Why ?

I just don't consider JJ to be a "cream of the crop" type of player on the tour. She's very talented, and I love the girl to death (look at sig) but for some reason I just consider her as a player who is still on the outside looking in. Her serve has a lot to do with that.

homogenius
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Some Sharapova's fans are embarrasing themself here.I understand that it's kinda of a nightmare for them : in two weeks, they see their hope of Maria winning the Grand Slam disappear (and her n°1 spot as well) and their worst "enemy" won this slam and is the n°1 now.Must hurt.Not a reason to act as perfect trolls tho.

homogenius
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I just don't consider JJ to be a "cream of the crop" type of player on the tour. She's very talented, and I love the girl to death (look at sig) but for some reason I just consider her as a player who is still on the outside looking in. Her serve has a lot to do with that.

I see what you mean, but Jelena on clay is really one of the top players (her clay season prove that).It's much more difficult to beat her on this surface than to beat most of the slams winners who are still on tour (and that you consider as top players I suppose) like, Serena, Maria or Venus (or even Sveta).

soul
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:50 PM
:bounce::bounce:Thıs ıs the most realistic stataement so far.It is definite that may sponsors will knock Anna 's door.And I hope and wish that she does the right choices ; and the money comes from the choices she has made do no make her relax and keepsthis ruuning.

WELL DONE ANNA!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS:bounce::bounce:

ZeroSOFInfinity
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:52 PM
:bounce::bounce:Thıs ıs the most realistic stataement so far.It is definite that may sponsors will knock Anna 's door.And I hope and wish that she does the right choices ; and the money comes from the choices she has made do no make her relax and keepsthis ruuning.

WELL DONE ANNA!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS:bounce::bounce:

You do know Anna and Ana are two different people, don't you? :p

Danči Dementia
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=spiritedenergy;13342308]yeah sure after she wins her 5th slam her life will still have to begin:weirdo:

:lol: that was a good one

Beat
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:02 PM
And plus 10$ from Yonex for beeing number 1!

was it worth it? ;)

Lucas_Arg
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Hopefully Ana will win more RG and maybe one US, but now that she is a GS champion she should change Adidas and get new dresses, I mean, she is the star of them now and even Chakvetadze has better and more clothes.

Polikarpov
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I hope she wins another slam this year.

Paul.be
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:19 PM
She already got Rolex and they have a knack for it. Look at their Hall of Fame.

soul
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:57 PM
You do know Anna and Ana are two different people, don't you? :p

No I did not know . Thank u for reminding ,I appreciate it.

spiritedenergy
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I hope she wins another slam this year.

me too, I want her to win Wimbledon so badly:hearts:

Slutati
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I wish I was as rich as she is now:sad:

spiritedenergy
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I wish I was as rich as she is now:sad:

don't worry. Tathiana Injurin will help you out:hug:

AcesHigh
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I think this will open the floodgates for her. With Henin gone, Ana is the player most likely to dominate and I'd like to see anyone argue against that. Sharapova has been a top player for 4 years and she hasn't been able to dominate. At the rate she's winning slams, Ana could catch up by next year. Serena isn't healthy or young enough to dominate anymore.

Ana plays well on all four surfaces, has a lot of room for improvement and it doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous. I'm happy she won and I think her success helps the tour which has been in dire need of new slam-worthy talent for years.

Slutati
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:09 PM
don't worry. Tathiana Injurin will help you out:hug:
:rolls::rolls::lol:

Dave.
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:12 PM

Your not actually taking away from Ana's win are you? She won her 1st grand slam, end of. the change for her won't be as big as it was for Maria because Ana has already been at the top for a while now. But still, this is a big event in anyone's career.

If the 'IT' girl is the one who receives the most crowd support, then it's not Maria. She is hardly one of the most loved plyers on the tour (see her 4R match). The French crowd cheered for Dinara cos her run was impressive but they still cheered on Ana alot. Ana has the smile and the warm personality that gains her fans all the time.

Anyway, as if being the 'IT' girl mattered. I don't know what exactly that is supposed to mean. Ana is a very good player, one of the very best looking on the tour and has the personality which all make her one of the most marketable. There's no doubt Maria has achieved more, but I think as Ana's career goes on she will be getting the major endorsements.

matty
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Princess Maria has been dethroned....
....there's a new star in town....

:worship:

Sharapowerr
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:26 PM

We ll see.... what a stupid quote.. get a life, do you really think that Maria s life will change beacause Ana won RG...

DOUBLEFIST
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Congrats to Ana! She deserves it!

there are going to be two IT girls now.

Again, congrats to Ana and her die-hard fans on all her success and new #1 status. Just remember...

"...Uneasy is the head that wears the crown."

Russianboy
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:43 PM

lmao

beating one top 10 player in a slam doesn't make u a queen :lol:

Emina.
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:45 PM
The new It girl has arrived :worship:

Nikkiri
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:49 PM
:yawn: at some peoples replies.

SharapovaFan16
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I think this will open the floodgates for her. With Henin gone, Ana is the player most likely to dominate and I'd like to see anyone argue against that. Sharapova has been a top player for 4 years and she hasn't been able to dominate. At the rate she's winning slams, Ana could catch up by next year. Serena isn't healthy or young enough to dominate anymore.

Ana plays well on all four surfaces, has a lot of room for improvement and it doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous. I'm happy she won and I think her success helps the tour which has been in dire need of new slam-worthy talent for years.

The days of a woman dominating the WTA Tour are long gone. Atleast out of any of the current players I don't see anyone consistent enough to do that. Domination will not be a word used on this tour for quite some time.

AcesHigh
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
The days of a woman dominating the WTA Tour are long gone. Atleast out of any of the current players I don't see anyone consistent enough to do that. Domination will not be a word used on this tour for quite some time.

:weirdo: Henin dominated last year. And Ana has already been in 2 of the 2 slam finals this year. It's definitely possible.

frenchie
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah, now it´s up to her and Sharapova to dominate the tour, since the two of them can play well in all surfaces!

please:rolleyes:
Have you seen $harapova's matches at RG???

jegood
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:07 PM
About Ana and Maria, am I being strange when I say that I'm a big fan of both? I think that in a future thay will play a lot of matches against each other (if they stay healthy) and I don't think I could say I expect only one of them to win constantly. I still consider Maria a little bit better player than Ana but Ana's game is improving significantly, it was exciting for me to watch her play - the way she did- in the final today. Maria is more popular in the States? Well, of course, she lives there. Ana lives in Europe- Basel, Belgrade, so that's really not a surprise.

franny
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:17 PM
LOL, a lot of people in this thread are going to get a real big reality check.

SharapovaFan16
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:36 PM
:weirdo: Henin dominated last year. And Ana has already been in 2 of the 2 slam finals this year. It's definitely possible.

Your definition of domination and my definiton of domination differ big time then.

DokicPova
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:02 PM
lmao at fans of hasbeens like serena and myskina trying to make this an ana vs maria battle

maria and ana are gonna dominate, pretty players who are good for tennis unlike the hideous ws sisters :lol:

ViennaCalling
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:08 PM
How moving.

williams fan
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:14 PM
lmao at fans of hasbeens like serena and myskina trying to make this an ana vs maria battle

maria and ana are gonna dominate, pretty players who are good for tennis unlike the hideous ws sisters :lol:

maria only got famous because she beat serena!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Il Primo!
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:19 PM
And when does she plan to actually win a GS by defeating some true elite players? :)

She took advantage of her draw. Well done. But stop making her look like the future dominant player. I mean she's now the best on clay, her game suits the dirt well, no doubt about that. But she's still has a long way to go before ruining everyone in SW19 and Flushing if you ask me.

AcesHigh
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:22 PM
And when does she plan to actually win a GS by defeating some true elite players? :)

She took advantage of her draw. Well done. But stop making her look like the future dominant player. I mean she's now the best on clay, her game suits the dirt well, no doubt about that. But she's still has a long way to go before ruining everyone in SW19 and Flushing if you ask me.

She beat Jelena Jankovic and the hottest player of the tournament. What more can you ask? She's already beaten all the elite players on clay that are still active. It's not like Serena in the form she showed would have beaten her or Sharapova or Kuznetsova. This argument is ridiculous IMO.

FoxyliciousKhat
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:24 PM

It's idiots like you that keep racism alive in the world today.

Remember injuries or whatever can happen to anyone. Not saying that's the case here but just be careful since none of know the future.

Foxy

AcesHigh
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:26 PM

Remember injuries or whatever can happen to anyone. Not saying that's the case here but just be careful since none of know the future.

Foxy

FoxyliciousKhat
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:27 PM
She beat Jelena Jankovic and the hottest player of the tournament. What more can you ask? She's already beaten all the elite players on clay that are still active. It's not like Serena in the form she showed would have beaten her or Sharapova or Kuznetsova. This argument is ridiculous IMO.

You can't use one match to judge someone's form. Yep she lost to Srebotnik playing horribly that day but played well enough prior to that match. Unlike some others she never got a chance to work her way into the slam so you don't know what will have happened had she played Maria and or Kuznetsova had she meet either one.

I just wish people will stop acting like the year is over based on one or two upsets for any player. Ana was not playing well leading up to RG, but look what happened. None of know the future.

Foxy

Emina.
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:27 PM

Foxy

:yeah:

Il Primo!
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:28 PM

She beat only one top en route to the final, none former GS champion and a newbie (OK the hottest chick on clay but a still a newbie in GS final, that counts a lot) in the final. OK, extremly convincing. It doesn't get any better than this.

LDF
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Some predictably petty responses in this thread :o

AcesHigh
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:32 PM
She beat only one top en route to the final, none former GS champion and a newbie (OK the hottest chick on clay but a still a newbie in GS final, that counts a lot) in the final. OK, extremly convincing. It doesn't get any better than this.

What would have been more impressive?? No one was playing particularly well except for JJ.

Are Hingis's slams in 1997 discredited because of her competition?

FoxyliciousKhat
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:33 PM

Ana played the draw that was handed to her, each particular round, it's not her fault that some player or players, that COULD have challenged her got upset along the way. Was she suppose to say, well I don't want to play such and such because I really should have been playing such and such instead? Sometimes a draw can look hard on paper and it turned out otherwise, still Ana played the required 7 matches and she's the 2008 RG CHAMPION, nuff said.

Foxy

AcesHigh
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:33 PM
You can't use one match to judge someone's form. Yep she lost to Srebotnik playing horribly that day but played well enough prior to that match. Unlike some others she never got a chance to work her way into the slam so you don't know what will have happened had she played Maria and or Kuznetsova had she meet either one.

I just wish people will stop acting like the year is over based on one or two upsets for any player. Ana was not playing well leading up to RG, but look what happened. None of know the future.

Foxy

I'm not saying that at all, I'm just saying that Serena wasn't playing lights out tennis IMO and I don't know if she's among the elite on clay with her form in the last few years.

FoxyliciousKhat
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:36 PM
What would have been more impressive?? No one was playing particularly well except for JJ.

I don't know if I agree that JJ was playing exceptionally well prior to playing Ana. I think however she played the match she needed to play to beat those particular opponents and good on her. Ana just happened to be a player that she needed to step her game up a notch or two to beat as it turned out it was not enough.

For me Dinara, Sveta, and Ana played the best tennis of the tournament. Maria, JJ and Serena played well enough, not great, to beat their early round opponents until they faced tougher opponent on this particular surface and caught up with them.

Foxy

Il Primo!
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:37 PM

Clearly yes. Poor year and she takes it all.

Ana played the draw that was handed to her, each particular round, it's not her fault that some player or players, that COULD have challenged her got upset along the way. Was she suppose to say, well I don't want to play such and such because I really should have been playing such and such instead? Sometimes a draw can look hard on paper and it turned out otherwise, still Ana played the required 7 matches and she's the 2008 RG CHAMPION, nuff said.

Foxy

I don't really discredit her win. She won fair and square, good for her. Plus I said she was the best on clay. Her draw was still shamefully esay though.

My point is she's not going to dominate anytime soon cause she's not there yet on fast surface.

FoxyliciousKhat
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I'm not saying that at all, I'm just saying that Serena wasn't playing lights out tennis IMO and I don't know if she's among the elite on clay with her form in the last few years.

Agreed that she's not among the elite but slams to me are about playing your way into form. Anyone can look shaky early on. Serena to me still rank higher on this surface that say Maria, even though Maria made the semis last year and the 4th round here. I think what helped Maria was her toughness which Serena used to possess a lot more of earlier on in her career but it can come and go now, and a little help with person on the opposite side of the net.

Remembr Bethanie Mattek took a set off Maria here, that says a lot but I doubt Bethanie felt she could upset Maria, so the set was enough, unlike Srebotnik who is good enough on clay and believed that day.

Foxy

MaBaker
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:46 PM

Foxy

There is not racism in the post that you qouted. Idiots like you keep racism alive :)

AcesHigh
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Agreed that she's not among the elite but slams to be are about playing your way into form. Anyone can look shaky early on. Serena to me still rank higher on this surface that say Maria, even though Maria made the semis last year and the 4th round here. I think what helped Maria was her toughness which Serena used to possess a lot more of earlier on in her career but it can come and go now, and a little help with person on the opposite side of the net.

Remembr Bethanie Mattek took a set off Maria here, that says a lot but I doubt Bethanie felt she could upset Maria, so the set was enough, unlike Srebotnik who is good enough on clay and believed that day.

Foxy

No, I definitely agree with what you're saying. It's all good stuff

flyingmachine
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:53 PM

Well it sounds it will be so.

Cakeisgood
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:54 PM
:( Kill her at Wimbledon Maria

alias
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I don't think much will change for Ana in terms of media exposure. She needs better representation, she needs IMG to back her.

FoxyliciousKhat
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:01 PM
There is not racism in the post that you qouted. Idiots like you keep racism alive :)

What was it, calling someone ugly just because of their race is not racism? I'm sure the poster would never say that, if it were two WTA white player who were not exceptionally pretty.

And in any event saying that it's beauty that is good for a sport as opposed to the talent of player is racism all around, be it black, white, asian who said it.

Foxy

cocco80
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:15 PM

pls, shoot yourself

MaBaker
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:18 PM
What was it, calling someone ugly just because of their race is not racism? I'm sure the poster would never say that, if it were two WTA white player who were not exceptionally pretty.

And in any event saying that it's beauty that is good for a sport as opposed to the talent of player is racism all around, be it black, white, asian who said it.

Foxy

Hideous can be Svetlana, Serena, Ana... I can't see anything racist in the word hideous. I didn't read every post in this thread, so i apologise if I missed something, but I really mind when people call something racism, when is clearly not :)

DokicPova
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:03 AM
THINKING the ws are ugly as sin doesnt make me racist

you wont see call halle berry or gabrielle union ugly

race card = :yawn:

FoxyliciousKhat
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:11 AM
THINKING the ws are ugly as sin doesnt make me racist

you wont see call halle berry or gabrielle union ugly

race card = :ywan:

People always hide behind the Halle Berry card, whenever they decide to tell the world they think the sisters are ugly. I guess having a white mother is a blessing for Halle or being light skinned. I doubt you made the same comment when Justine and some other not so pretty players were winning everything.

The thing is I don't think Maria is naturally pretty, but look fantastic with makeup and is sexy. I think Ana is natually pretty but I don't think she exudes as much sexiness as Maria.

Still I don't watch tennis for who is sexy or beautiful, I watch tennis for the talent of the players. And I don't think anyone is bad for anymore just because they don't have long leg, blonde hair or the right skin tone.

Foxy