PDA

View Full Version : Ivanovic's Preparation to Receive 2nd Serve... Very Intimidating

rhz
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I think other players should copy her intimidating move. Although she actually moved back every single time, but she does it when her opponents tossed the ball already, so it actually already put a lot of pressure to her opponents to hit big serves, which might end up double faulting.

Anybody else notice this?

gentenaire
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I think the fact that she generally whacks a second serve real hard is probably more intimidating. Some of those returns of her ...:eek:

okayawesome21
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I think the fact that she generally whacks a second serve real hard is probably more intimidating. Some of those returns of her ...:eek:

yea...some people do it, but they dont do anything about it. when the second serve does go in, they just hit it like a normal shot, but ana actually whacks it.

rhz
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:55 PM
yea...some people do it, but they dont do anything about it. when the second serve does go in, they just hit it like a normal shot, but ana actually whacks it.

She does! Very Mary Pierce!

Dodoboy.
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Nothing come close to Serena at the other end of the court!

NOTHING.

Standing at the service line swaying side to side.

:rolls:

Julian
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:18 PM
She does! Very Mary Pierce!
agreed! Maybe something Sven Groenfeld (Groenveld)? helped her with?

rhz
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:10 PM
agreed! Maybe something Sven Groenfeld (Groenveld)? helped her with?

I always thought Mary and Sven were an item when they were working together.

toxina90
Jun 7th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I don't understand why most players stay at the baseline even for second serve, whilst you see Ana on the prowl to effect, Radwanska did it against Sharapova to great effect, I've seen Bartoli use it to good effect, more players should do it!

Polikarpov
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM

NOTHING.

Well the mere presence of Serena on the other side of the court can be really intimidating.

But yes, I think Ivanovic stance on her opponents second serve is rather scary. And I guess it showed. It forced Dinara to some double faults.

SharapovaFan16
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:16 PM

NOTHING.

Agreed! When I'm watching any Serena match (ecspecially vs Maria) I just about cringe as every second serve is about to be hit. More times than not it is coming back with authority.

InsideOut.
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Imagine her against Pin. She'd be in that position even on first serves waiting to whack the ball away.

Apoleb
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I thought she was pretty smart in the way she handled Safina's second serves. She knew Safina would try to avoid the forehand on the second serve at all costs, so she positions herself to cover the bh side. This lead to df's from Safina a couple of times in the second set.

Dodoboy.
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Serena v Maria,

that is just another evil.

Eyes flaring and everything!