PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham, Q1: B. Schultz-McCarthy (NED) def. E. Dzehalevich (BLR) 5-7,6-3,6-2

Highlandman
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:23 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH! SUPER! :D :D :woohoo: :woohoo: I'm really happy for Brenda now :D Very nice win and great stats with her service in last two sets :worship:

Keep going Brenda and hopefully she will qualify for the Maindraw and can show the people that she deserves any WC for Wimbledon :D :yeah:

Auf geht's Brenda! Weiter so! :D That's the way aha aha I like it :yeah: :cool:

99-78 in points was already very clear :D Match took 95 minutes :lol:

Brenda :yeah: Continue like that :D

markdelaney
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:34 PM
well done Brenda. I admire her enthusiasm and effort but it's clear Wimbledon won't give her a wild card as she doesn't deserve one as much as any mid 20s Brit who already had 3 and never won anything.

ce
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:43 PM
well done

Highlandman
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:44 PM
well done Brenda. I admire her enthusiasm and effort but it's clear Wimbledon won't give her a wild card as she doesn't deserve one as much as any mid 20s Brit who already had 3 and never won anything.

Yeah, that'S right! :awww: However I still hope at least for a Q-WC , I think this should be possible from the organizers to give her at least this one. She really deserves it and she can definitely still beat fine players on grass.

markdelaney
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, that'S right! :awww: However I still hope at least for a Q-WC , I think this should be possible from the organizers to give her at least this one. She really deserves it and she can definitely still beat fine players on grass.

But it's much more fun to watch some girl from a posh part of England, losing 6-2 6-3 on court 17 with 20 fans cheering and shouting for her each time she wins a point :bounce:

jimbo mack
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:48 PM
:) nice win for brenda

lympyisthebest
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Good job, i admire her passion for the game. :)

Highlandman
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:52 PM
But it's much more fun to watch some girl from a posh part of England, losing 6-2 6-3 on court 17 with 20 fans cheering and shouting for her each time she wins a point :bounce:

:lol: Yeah , that's true :lol: So Brenda seems pretty unlucky with being a Dutchie :awww: Poor girl :(

;)

*Jool*
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM
:yeah: congrats Brenda !
it also depends on whether she wants to play "at home" in s'Hertogenbosch ...

Tennisballova
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Great result from Brenda. Yay!! :bounce:

Scotso
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Brenda :yeah:

Misa&andylover
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Brenda :)

Jakub
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:08 PM
go Brenda :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:09 PM
:yippee: gO,gO,gO BBB! :yippee:

davidmario
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:14 PM
how many aces?:devil:

ASP0315
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:18 PM
good job brenda.

ASP0315
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:18 PM
how many aces?:devil:

9 aces
66% 1st serves put in
80% 1st serve points won
62% 2nd serve points won

markdelaney
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:20 PM
You can only admire someone of 37 years who carries on trying.

ASP0315
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:22 PM
You can only admire someone of 37 years who carries on trying.

exactly that shows her passion for tennis. she really loves the game.

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:24 PM
9 aces
66% 1st serves put in
80% 1st serve points won
62% 2nd serve points won

Very strong stats. :bounce: I wish my stats were like hers today...:lol:

selesfan1
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Good to see she can still play.

Dave.
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Brenda :woohoo:

Mileen
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Aren't you overreacting a bit, posting a Qualifying first round of a Tier III against....who did she play, defeating a nobody...in 3 sets :confused: :rolleyes:

Highlandman
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Aren't you overreacting a bit, posting a Qualifying first round of a Tier III against....who did she play, defeating a nobody...in 3 sets :confused: :rolleyes:

Well, of course this win was not that important compared to others , but Brenda is not a young gun anymore who runs from tournament to tournament. She had a quite bad year so far & I'm really happy she obviously found her game back to the debut on grass :)

She wishs so much to play in Wimbledon again and with this match she showed she really wants it. I find it impressive. She really loves the game, the competition and grass. :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Jun 7th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Well, of course this win was not that important compared to others , but Brenda is not a young gun anymore who runs from tournament to tournament. She had a quite bad year so far & I'm really happy she obviously found her game back to the debut on grass :)

She wishs so much to play in Wimbledon again and with this match she showed she really wants it. I find it impressive. She really loves the game, the competition and grass. :)

Nicely said! :yeah:

*Jool*
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Nicely said! :yeah:
exactly , he received a good rep for that ;)
one is allowed to support anyone , and Brenda's efforts deserve to be underlined in GM ... more than those threads about Anna Kournikova or I don't know what ... :p

ASP0315
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:02 PM
i watched some her matches in the past.
especially her match against pierce at fed cup final in 1997 looked like a typical ATP match. (it was played in a superfast carpet surface.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NRy9oCcmBU&feature=related

she is very fun to watch especialy due to her big serve. Her serve is in fact much bigger and accurate than wiliam sisters. Reaching top ten is a fantastic achievement for her considering the fact her groundstrokes are pretty averge. Anyway she is playing for fun at the moment and enjoy herself at the age of 37.

Highlandman
Jun 7th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Oh thanx guys for all your good reps :yeah: It is great to see still a few people are supporting Brenda on her way back :D

@ASAP: Oh yeah. She is extremly funny & she is really loving the game, she is fighting for every point and always tries to push up herself. It is awesome to see. She knows she is not 20 anymore , but her attitude is stronger and better than for the most girls :D

She is just loving the game and that's very impressive , how emotional she is always reacting is just great. :D Would be fantastic to see her in TV live again someday.

Serenita
Jun 8th, 2008, 12:12 AM
OMG this is sooo grazy. Respect!!