PDA

View Full Version : GREAT NEWS: New (old) coach for Tamira: Larri Passos!

ViennaCalling
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:46 PM
"Im very happy that Lari will coach me in the future again, we did a good work together. Lari had some offers from other players too, but im happy that he wants to coach again. I say Thank you to Richard Brooks, he helped me very much."

:woohoo:

Now back to Top 30 as far as possible :bounce:

Lari will work on her fitness for sure and hopefully on her serve too :p

joe87
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Jaaaaaaa :woohoo:

Good luck against the qualifer in Birmingham! :)

LudwigDvorak
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:54 PM
She's never needed his help more than now. Thank God she's getting outside help again.

Please don't meet Tamira at Wimbledon again Elena. :scared:

ViennaCalling
Jun 7th, 2008, 01:56 PM
She's never needed his help more than now. Thank God she's getting outside help again.

Please don't meet Tamira at Wimbledon again Elena. :scared:

Well, at the last meeting Tamira lost 2-6 0-6 so why are you afraid? :p

LudwigDvorak
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:01 PM
But that was Slumpzek, not Realzek. She lost to Bammer (?????) by that same scoreline a couple weeks later. Realzek was at Wimbledon. :lol:

Some questions:
What did Larri do that helped Tamira out so much before? When and why did he leave before?

ce
Jun 7th, 2008, 02:45 PM
:hearts:

ViennaCalling
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:02 PM
But that was Slumpzek, not Realzek. She lost to Bammer (?????) by that same scoreline a couple weeks later. Realzek was at Wimbledon. :lol:

Some questions:
What did Larri do that helped Tamira out so much before? When and why did he leave before?

I guess he´s a good motivator, maybe she´s more motivated now to train hard again.

According to an Austrian Newspaper Tamira´s father fired him.

Becool
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Go LARRI!

He's a good coach!

#1SteffiGraf#1
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Well something has to happen Vienna...because this season has been utter disappointment so far for the future #1.

Kipling
Jun 7th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Excellent news. Her serve was much better under Passos' direction than it has been this year. I hope he will focus on that aspect of her game.

Go Mimi!

sunsfuns
Jun 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Sounds promising. There are a lot of things she needs to work on starting with the serve of course.

ViennaCalling
Jun 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Sounds promising. There are a lot of things she needs to work on starting with the serve of course.

I would say her fitness is way more important :help:

Kipling
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM

I disagree. It's important, but Jill Craybas is in phenomenal shape and is far from an elite player. Fitness might be the difference between being top 10 and top 3, but having a good serve is the difference between being where she is now and being top 10.

ViennaCalling
Jun 7th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Yeah, but she played well last season (except the end) without a great serve. She reached many balls and had a better footwork than this season. The difference? Many losses this year :p

sunsfuns
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM

Both things are very important. Due to her height, there is a limit to how great her serve can be. No reason why she can't be extra fit... Seems to me she has added some weight and is not reaching as many balls as she reached last year.

But beyond that I think she has a motivational problem + that loss to Jankovic has impacted her more than I thought it would. I guess it convinced Tamira herself that her serve sucks...

ViennaCalling
Jun 7th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Both things are very important. Due to her height, there is a limit to how great her serve can be. No reason why she can't be extra fit... Seems to me she has added some weight and is not reaching as many balls as she reached last year.

But beyond that I think she has a motivational problem + that loss to Jankovic has impacted her more than I thought it would. I guess it convinced Tamira herself that her serve sucks...

Yeah, she wasnt motivated anymore. But she said in an interview that she is happy on the tennis court again. And with Passos things will turn into good hopefully :hearts: